main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller VILLAIN

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    They had not seen what hit them. They had just been about to give Beckie a little lesson for turning down clients, when the guy in the hoodie had showed up. He was not tall, he was not muscular, he had ripped apart Fernandez and Roger like they were made of paper though. Lou had put twelve rounds in the boy. He had stood up as if nothing had happened. That was when Lou had run. He had never run before. He had taken the next door, the stairs and ended up on the roof, finally catching breath and reloading his gun.

Was the guy still there? Was he ... what was he? What did he care?

Lou turned around and pointed his gun at the door. He would shoot his head! Yes. He would try the head. Without a brain he had to die, right?

The door was open. Lou inhaled shortly, as he realized that he had closed it.

"Hey! You got no idea who I am working for! You got no idea what kind of trouble you are in! Man, just leave and we consider this a misunderstanding, okay?" He looked around frantically. "What do you care about the girl? We would not have killed her! Just wanted to give her a lesson ..."

He stood there and breathed. The voice came from behind. It was the voice of a young man. "By cutting her face?" He hurled around and there he stood. Lou could not see his face, but it was the same boy in the hoodie.

"Man, it is business ..."

"I know. And see who learned the lesson after all." The boy stepped closer and Lou pointed the gun at his head.

A moment later Lou screamed into the night as he made his way down all the seven levels to the pavement. Up there on the roof stood the young man in his hoodie and looked down at his work as the working girls surrounded the smashed body of their "protector". None of them did anything to help him.

His crusade had begun ...

[​IMG]

Villain

[​IMG]

Welcome to Villain, the game where you do NOT play the superhero. You won't even play anybody with superpowers. No, this time you play the ordinary guy or ... the villain. A criminal, a corrupt cop or maybe someone working for the organized crime. The city you live in is Detroit and the game will explore how the criminal underworld reacts to the new threat of a young man with extraordinary abilities appearing on the scene and suddenly making them the hunted. It was also be a Gangster story, as the arrival of this new player causes a considerable power shift in Detroit.

The most powerful criminal organisation in Detroit is run by a man called Lindsay McCarthy, who has controlled gambling, prostitution, money laundering and arranged countless dirty real estate deals over the last few decades. His organisation is broad and has few rivals, as even the drug trade is reliant on his connections and protection. There are Gangs, outside organizations and so on of course. You do not need to be part of his Empire, but if you ever walked the dark side in Detroit you will probably have heard of him.

-------

Characters

You can play any character who is a criminal in the broadest sense of the word. You can also play anyone associated with crime in general. If you are high level or on the streets, a lieutenant or a foot soldier, a corrupt cop or even something else entirely is up to you. I believe the game will offer something for all of those. Even Cops, journalists, lawyers or politicians (good or bad) might make sense, as this story has a broad perspective on what our "hero" does to the city.

It is not necessary you play a bad or evil person. You can be a hero in a city full of villains. Any shade of grey is welcome. You can have morale standards and a code of ethics. You can also be a psychopath or cold blooded killer. That is entirely up to you.

------

Character Sheet

Name:
    Nationality:
    Short Bio:

-----

1. GM word is law!
    2. No Godmodding or anything alike whatsoever ...
    3. All CSes for approval to the GM.
    4. This game will have a maximum of five players. If surprisingly more people submit CSes I will choose those CSes I feel most fitting.
    5. I will update the game at least once a week (trying twice) and if a player does not respond to updates for some time I reserve the right to take over to move the plot along.
    6. Character Death is not what I aim for, but it is a possibility.
    7. You can control NPCs within reason, but not kill them (except permitted) or write them to solve all your issues. McCarthy and the "hero" are off limits. If there is any doubt what you can do, shoot me a PM.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Name: Leonard Shaw
    Looks:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ef/d5/b0/efd5b07ce4862ef81d3afa41174d6566--paul-bettany-actors.jpg

Nationality: American (Irish)
    Short Bio: Leonard Shaw was there from the beginning. When Lindsay McCarthy made his ascension to the throne Leonard - called Leo by his friends - was part of his crew. Raised in the poor parts of town the criminal ways of his best friend were the way out of the swamp of poverty.

In those early days there were few crimes he did not commit. Blackmail, arson, bank robbery, ... later on he oversaw human trafficking, money laundering and corruption. Rumors say he was accomplice to many murders and even did the deed himself when one of them turned an FBI informant in the nineties.

But the money changed him. He understood the necessity of building structures. Being always the smartest of the bunch he studied economics and began to create a network of lawyers and contacts, arranging a number of highly profitable real estate deals for his Boss.

Yet the economic crisis caught him by surprise and he lost millions on the stock market and in re deals when the financial system collapsed. Neither his status in the organization not his relationship with Lindsay McCarthy ever fully recovered from it. So today he watches his role as a Lieutenant diminishing, while the old friendship between him and Lindsay remains. This is probably why he is around after all those years. Despite his problems, he is one of the rarest assets for his Boss that exist in their business. He is loyal.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Approved

Name:
    Benjamin Miller
    Looks:
    [​IMG]

Nationality: American
    Short Bio: Ben didn’t grow up in a fairytale world; it was the complete opposite, if you’re keeping score. The dirty streets of Detroit served as a backdrop for poverty, corruption, and abuse...all of which littered the Miller household. His father was an abusive man who often beat his mother into submission. Ben witnessed these beatings firsthand, sometimes becoming a victim himself in an attempt to intervene, but every time, he was rendered helpless. This allowed his anger to grow, simmering just below the surface until one day it culminated in an act that would define the rest of his life.

Fleeing from his home late one night after his father came home drunk, a ten-year-old Ben met Leonard Shaw on the street and asked the man for help. Little did he know that the man could offer him the ultimate reprieve. With two simple words – ‘kill him’ – Leo solved the problem and Ben’s father met his fate in hell.

The years passed and Leonard stuck with the family, acting as both a father figure and a friend. With his connections he also granted the Millers the life that they always wanted – Ben’s mother had a decent job, they had money to keep them above the poverty line, and Ben became an officer in the Detroit PD. In return for Shaw’s services, Ben sometimes even ran as a courier for his side business. Overall, it was a decent setup.

As an officer of the law and a young detective, Ben quickly rose through the ranks and became somewhat of a ‘Golden Boy’ to his colleagues. Once again, he had Leo to thank for those services, the man often providing hints and other various tips that would lead to arrests. And yet, it still wasn’t enough – while Ben currently worked in Vice, his ultimate goal was to become a homicide detective. But he had to maintain his patience and take small steps at a time.

Regardless of things looking up, his past had an adverse effect on his personality – aside from his anger management issues, he is overly obsessive of his mother and sometimes referred to as a ‘'mamma's boy.' He also comes across as a bit of a recluse, distancing himself from social situations and appearing very awkward when those occasions do arise. For that reason, he does not have many friends and is currently in a difficult spot with the woman he is dating...perhaps even marry.

4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Character Sheet - GM Approved

Name: Joshua "Scarface" Daemon
    Looks: mangled, covered in bandages
    Nationality: British-American. Born in the U.K and moved to the U.S at the age of 10.
    Short Bio:
    Before I start, lemme say something. I ain't nothin' special.
    Were you expecting some super-villain with crazy gadgets and ****? Nah, wake up.
    Jesus Christ. Where do I begin? It all started with that ***cking robbery. I didn't mean to pull the trigger. I'd never been so scared in all my life.
    There's nothing like the first time robbing someone.
    I got away. Police looked for me a bit, then dropped it.
    The police ain't gonna try and stop me now. Nah, I got McCarthy as a weapon, one mention of that name and they get the ***k out.
    I was one of the top dogs, taking what I wanted when I wanted it.
    Then that.... thing... showed up.
    I don't even know what it was. It's speed and strength... it wasn't human.
    We tipped the cops off after one of the rookies was stupid enough to shoot someone. They reminded me of me when I first robbed something. But this I time, they didn't get away.
    Nor did I.
    It ripped apart the whole damn street. Then it came up to me, and held my face up to a car in flames. The flames reached the fuel tank and boom.
    Now my ***king face is mangled. Y'know what they call me? Scarface.
    Yeah, real ***king creative. Guess I'm pretty damn lucky to be alive.
    It's been two weeks since I saw it, no one believed me when I told them what happened. I want to find it and show it I'm the boss of this part of town. Truth is... I'm too damn scared. But believe me, if I see that damn monster ever again....
    I won't hesitate to send it to hell.

[​IMG]

5. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    GM Note

Hello everyone and first of all thanks for your characters. Really amazing what you three did with the setting. Love them.

Nevertheless I am honest, I got my doubts the game works with three characters, therefore I will wait until Tuesday if anyone signs up and decide then if we go forward with it.

So if anyone is interested in joining, now is the time!

Best
    T.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    @LordTroepfchen Approved

Name: Conner McNeil
    Looks: Average facial features with a muscular build, green eyes and short red hair. Wears common clothes doesn't stand out in a crowd.
    Nationality: American (Irish Background)
    Short Bio: A young man that never knew his father taken in by the McCarthy organization. There he was put under the supervision of Joseph McTigue McCarthy's head enforcer. Conner learned the ins and outs quickly, it was either learn or die. He caught the eye of Lindsay himself, he showed himself to be a dependable and loyal footsoldier, working closely with Leonard Shaw, the second in command. As time went on Conner's star rose Joey was pushed further and further to the edge. This came to a head when Conner was asked to kill his friend and mentor, not by McCarthy but Shaw. He loyally did what was asked of him killed the man that had become something of a surrogate father to him. Now he stands as the new head enforcer for McCarthy, just as a new player steps on the stage.

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    GM Note:

After a long and hard thinking on it, I decided to give this game a go! It starts in roughly 12 hours time and until then I will post a number of prologues.

Welcome to Villain everybody!

8. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    GM approved,

@DarkLordoftheFins @galactic-vagabond422 ... referenced you characters.

Name
    : Lisa Okeke
    Looks:

[​IMG]
    Nationality: American (African)
    Short Bio: Lisa Okeke got nothing for free in life. She has sold her time, youth, beauty, innocence, soul and body to get where she is today. Climbing from the lowest slums and an illiterate family of immigrants to become one of the most powerful minds in Detroits crime scene demanded sacrifices.

She began innocent though. Nevertheless her beginnings also showed her boundless ambition. She taught herself to read, ran away from home to visit school. Eventually her beauty began to bloom and she used this to climb up the latter, learning the mannerisms and mechanics of the middle and higher parts of society through a string of boyfriends. A father of one of her longer love interests took a special interest in her and allowed her to study even when his son was of no interest to her anymore. She returned the kindness with certain "favors". When he began to become possessive and even aggressive towards her she learned her own true nature. She put him into a nearby lake with some heavy stones in his pockets the day after her graduation.

Police arrested his son who she had framed.

But nevertheless she found out her economic studies got her nowhere. No big firm was hiring her, maybe because most HR guys felt she was a little ... off.

So she returned to Detroit, her old hometown and soon she got the eyes of one of Lindsay McCarthy's lieutenants. She became his lover and with her skills in organisation and her talent to raise the efficiency of an organisation she soon became his replacement. Joseph McTeigue was killed by his own protege, but those close to the thong suspected Lisa had been behind it all along, letting the men do her dirty work once more.

Stepping up quickly she caught the eye of the Boss. Rumors say they were and occasionally still are romantically involved, but that was not the reason why she got into his inner circle. No, he tested her and she passed every test. She turned cops into assets, got rid of gang leaders blaming rival gangs, silenced a DA forever by abducting his daughter ... she was effective. More effective than her male counterparts like the wanna-be brain of McCarthy's business Leo Shaw. Eventually she was the left hand of McCarthy. A trusted advisor and respected source of ideas and information.

Today she enjoys the wealth that comes with her position. Also she never took a cent from McCarthy she rips off mostly anybody else she deals with. She also had a number of lovers in the right positions, as for her the fact she is a beautiful female is just another weapon in her arsenal.

Eventually she will replace Shaw, she knows and she has ideas for that day. Ideas she has begun to whisper to her Boss.

9. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    A few weeks before the game starts ...

"Hello Father."

"Hello my son, I am surprised to hear you here."

"I am a bit surprised myself."

"So how can I help you?"

"I want to confess."

The Priest laughed.

"Is that funny, Padre?"

"Well, you are sitting in a confessional, so I figured out that much myself."

"Right."

"So have you come to receive the mercy and forgiveness of God?"

"I ... no, I can't really say I believe in him."

"Then why are you here?"

"Guess I need to talk."

There was a long break.

"Then talk."

"I have killed someone, Father."

"That is a bad thing to do, my son. The most serious of all sins. Who have you killed and why?"

"Edward Cornell. It was me. I ... did that to him."

"Why?"

"I thought you would ask how first. I mean he was ripped apart."

"I am more interested in the why."

"He killed Sarah. You knew that? He beat her every night. Every night. I could hear it. I saw her wounds. I did nothing to save her. I listened for over a year."

"I know. Nobody helped her." The priest sighed. "God knows, I tried. But I failed her."

"Yes, I know. She stayed with him. Then she ended up dead. He had beaten her to death. He seemed to even get away with it." There was a long pause.

"So it was revenge? Shame?"

"No. No. He brought a new girl on Monday. I heard him beat her again."

"So you stopped him."

"Yes. I ripped his arms off. I was so angry ..."

"All evil needs to triumph is good men doing nothing."

"Is that from the Bible?"

"No. But a few smart things were said that did not end up in the Bible."

"I killed him, because I was so ... angry."

"Because he was evil."

"Yes."

"Righteous fury the book calls this."

"Do you forgive me?"

"I can offer the forgiveness of our Lord and Savior. But I cannot forgive you, because there is nothing to be forgiven. I am grateful you kept Eddie from doing these things to another girl. Thank you."

"But this anger ..."

"It is not going away probably. Not in a place as dark as this city."

"What do I do with it?"

"Oh I have a few ideas regarding that, boy."

——————————

The night before the game begins ...

The Russel Street in the Milwaukee Junktion area rarely saw police these days. But if they came here, they came in full force. Tonight they had come. A dozen patrol cars, homicide division and a tactical team of the local SWAT secured a crime scene that was essentially what looked like a rotten and abandoned factory building.

It had been what they called a "kitchen", where local gangs brewed illegal substances. "Now it's a slaughterhouse." Sgt. Johnson told Detective Cooper, as the elder cop arrived on scene. The bulky man in his cheap suit grimaced. "A bit more precise." He asked and looked at the building.

"CSI is still counting, but so far we found 11 bodies. Cooks. Soldiers. Lots of shots were fired. The ground is full of shells." Johnson sighed. "9ers. All the dead are gangbangers. But that is not the bad part." Johnson sighed and pulled up the yellow tape so Cooper could slip through below. "They have all been killed with bare hands."

Cooper looked at him. "You're kidding." Johnson shook his head. He knew how the idea sounded a gang like the Niners had been attacked with bare hands.

"Broken necks, smashed torsos, some got literally ripped apart." He shrugged. "No cuts, no gun wounds, except a few which might have been stray bullets to defend the site." He looked at Cooper.

"What are you telling me Johnson, that a damned Ninja took out the guys?" He stopped and shook his head. Johnson shook his head.

"Looks more like a Monster ripped them apart. Some were ripped to pieces. To pieces." Johnson stared at Cooper. "No human being could do something like that."

Cooper stared at him. Then he gave a deep sigh. "BS." He said. Johnson shrugged again. "See for yourself."

"Who is so crazy to rob the 9ers." He sighed as he made his way inside.

"Not a robbery, Coop. Money and drugs ... still there." Johnson sighed. He did not have to turn to the Detective to know he was giving him another look of disbelief.

Little John had trashed the living room so thoroughly that not much furniture was left standing. Now the leader of the 9ers pushed back his long black hair and looked at Bullet, his second in command. The young man was an Afro-American, just like John. But he was younger, leaner and yet had the feverish glimmer of rage in his eyes that equaled John's. "We got Pepper who said it was a boy. A boy in a grey hoodie." John stared at his chief-lieutenant and kicked the remains of a broken chair. "A boy and who?" He demanded.

"Just the boy. He went in and the shots and screams began." He answered.

John hissed out air. "No way. I wanna talk to McCarthy. Someone declared war on us and I wanna know who the hell that was!"

"Heard rumors some of his pimps in Poletown got offed yesterday, too." Bullet said and stepped closer to his leader.

"What do I care for his pimps." John replied and wiped away the comment with his hand. Bullet was staying on topic anyway, risking the wrath of his Boss.

"They said it was a boy, too. Did it with his bare hands. Picked Lou Mannings and his boys apart with bare hands." John looked at him and lay his head aside.

"Mannings, hm?" He knew the reputation of McCarthy's most vile enforcer. "Get the crew. All of them. Tooled up and all. We will need all our muscle we can get. The vultures will soon be upon us."

He wondered if McCarthy was behind the boy. Rumors had been on the street the old man was spreading his wings and had made contact with the Mexicans. Was he getting into their business after all those years? Or was it a third party? Someone trying to muscle their way into Detroit?

"Whoever it was, he is a dead man!" John hissed and sat down on the couch, the last piece of furniture still present in the room. Bullet nodded and turned to leave.

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    So it begins ...

Tuesday night ...

Lindsay McCarthy's Penthouse

The party was one of those official events where people lined up to be and connect. On two levels of Lindsay McCarthy's Maisonette penthouse suits the rich and important had gathered and enjoyed excellent champaign and a selection of snacks. The Mayor was there, the Commissioner, a Senator, one or two ambassadors, a few players of the Detroit Lions, a few models and local beauties, owners and managers of art galleries, the local assortment of Real Estate tycoons. They were all there.

Funny enough only one man had excused himself early to gather with a group of rather suspicious individuals in the highest level of the Penthouse. The private rooms of Lindsay McCarthy. It was barely lit and the man himself was sitting on the designer couch next to his private bedroom. Rumor had it he and his wife had not shared a bed in many years.

[​IMG]

Lindsay McCarthy

The crimelord of Detroit leaned over a bowl with nuts which he cracked with his hands one by one.

"I know I got too soft. Too laid back. I mean ... Leo is late? He used to be there like this ..." McCarthy snapped his fingers. "... when I called him. You know? And look what happens. People starting to act like heroes and there is nothing more annoying than wanna-be heroes." He sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I don't care about a few pimps. I certainly don't care about Little John's little meth lab, as I promised him only protection from the police." He shrugged. "And Damon? Hell, we was never easy on the eye." McCarthy looked from one of the assembled to the next as he breathed in. Then suddenly his voice raised and he screamed out. "WHAT I DO CARE ABOUT IS THE LACK OF RESPECT. THEY SHOULD FEAR ME. IT IS YOUR DAMNED JOB TO MAKE THEM FEAR ME!" He hammered his hand so hard on the glas table in front of him the nut between his hand and the glas shattered. Finally he picked up the pieces of the nut and took it between his teeth.

"Marco, what do you got?" Marco Berenzi was his lawyer and had been gathering info about the string of recent attacks all day. Next to him stood Conner McNeil, Lindsay's young head of security. At the window was Lisa Okeke, wearing her dress for the evening. Just as Marco began to talk Leo Shaw stepped out of the elevator and was basically leveled by the angry gaze of McCarthy.

"Attacks committed by a young man. He seems to kill them with bare hands. The witnesses all cannot give a detailed description, but say he is in his twenties. It seems he was not injured or in any way harmed during the attacks."

McCarthy breathed out air. "Bare hands? Bollocks." He leaned back. "Bloody hell is he some kind of ninja or what are you trying to tell me?"

He breathed out. "So, any ideas who this is?" He looked at his "management team" and obviously expected answers. "Conner? Isn't it your damned job to see something like this coming?"

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @galactic-vagabond422

Joe's Mechanics near Russel Street

They had made the simple mistake to disrespect McCarthy the wrong day. Selling stolen cars one spare part at a time would usually have been to small to get the attention of someone like McCarthy. Tonight there needed to be made an example of someone. Tonight they needed to show they had the streets under control, because tonight ... the man who had scared Joshua had returned.

Nobody had believed Joshua, also he had the burns to proof his confrontation. Now they would have to believe him. Bodies were piling up in the streets and all of them were killed by "the boy".

But Joshua had not been send to hunt the boy, no they had send him and Flipside, one of the more trigger happy muscles of McCarthy to kill tree Mexicans selling spare parts from stolen cars.

"They are still busy it seems." Flipside slurped from his McDonalds Diet Coke and looked at Joshua, quickly avoiding to face him again. He was obviously uneasy around the bandaged man.

"I'd say we do this nice and easy? Go in. Kill them motherlovas and go somewhere it doesn't stink like piss married ****, you know? Those Mex are a filthy bunch." He took out his revolver and finally found the strength to look at his partner.

[​IMG]
    Flipside

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

3rd Street, Midtown

They were looking for a girl called Sheryl, which was about the most stupid task anyone could have given them. The streets were full of Sheryls. Mandys and Candys, Lisas. Hookers rarely were creative with their names.

Outside the window of their Lexus Detective in training Ben Miller saw the desperate and rotten, the fallen and hopeless and how they offered their bodies to anyone for a few dollars. 3rd street was hell on earth and what they were passing were the lost souls trapped in this purgatory.

"Everybody looks for this boy and we are send to sort out America's biggest collection of STDs." Nick Foley breathed out and drove slower to give Ben a chance to look at some girls and compare them to the grainy picture of "Sheryl" a traffic cam had taken. Detective Nick Foley had been vice for twenty years. He disliked the quick ascension of he new partner in training and he disliked the boy was still green and yet had better connections than he did. He probably disliked Ben in general. But old-fashioned Detectives like Foley considered a partnership a holy pact and therefore he had Ben's back. Always. Nick had also been long enough in the business to know laws were not everything.

[​IMG]

Nick Foley

From the radio Saint Motel yelled that she was their type because she had a pulse and she was breathing. Nick's music choice always had a certain irony, which was his most redeeming quality probably.

"Talked to Cooper from homicide the other day. He told me some crazy stuff. You know how they killed Lou Mannings? Lou the King of Pimps?" Nick looked at Ben. "Bare hands." Nick nodded. "Not joking. That guy killed Lou and two of his gorillas with his frickin hands!" Nick laughed a bitter laughter. "So if we get this Sheryl and she tellls us who it was who saved her from Lou ... I wanna take a day off when they do that arrest!"

It was this moment Ben saw her. Walking down the street in an ultra-thin and ridiculous short black dress she was I e of the less damaged goods here on third. Blonde and relatively healthy.

It was her. They had been lucky.

Tag: @HanSolo29

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  11. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Joshua Daemon

His hands ran across the cold groove that was the trench sight on his .45 Auto pistol. His was a unique rendition of the gun, it had a much shorter barrel than most .45, and had custom skeletonized hammer and trigger; commander length slide and a snake-skin grip. He called it Retribution and it was the gun he intended to use to put a bullet in the head of the boy. He couldn't feel it properly, the bandages covering his hands wrapped around the guns grip, and he cocked the gun. He wasn't here for the boy, he wished he was. Nay, it was to put a few rounds of lead into some Mex who were stupid enough to piss off McCarthy. Why not warm up Retribution's barrel for the boy?

He looked over to Flipside. Kid was obviously nervous of Joshua. Probably one of the punks who calls me Scarface, too, thought Joshua. "I'd say we do this nice and easy? Go in. Kill them motherlovas and go somewhere it doesn't stink like piss married ****, you know? Those Mex are a filthy bunch." He looked to Joshua, taking out his revolver. Joshua stared at him for a few seconds, his third-degree burns all over his bodies were irritating him immensely, so he wasn't in any mood for messing around, and he hoped that anyone he saw would remember that or the last thing they would see is a round of lead flying towards their face. His hoarse voice, muffled by the bandages covering his mouth, spoke out.

"Let's make this quick and clean, bullets in the heads then out before anyone shows up." Joshua turned to the door of the silver truck they had been waiting in and opened it and stepped out into the cold night air.
    "Let's move."

@LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Conner McNeil
    McCarthy's Private room

Conner stood as he always did by McCarthy's side, he drew a few looks from the guests down stairs. He never dressed up he wasn't meant to be seen or even noticed until he showed up on your doorstep, or right behind you. He wore a simple dark jacket and deep emerald green t-shirt. A small simple Smith and Wesson revolver was tucked into the waistband of his jeans. One of Joey's many rules.

'Never go anywhere unarmed.'

It hadn't been long since he was asked to end his mentor and surrogate father. But, his rules were still burned into his mind.

The boss began speaking and Conner listened.

'Always listen when the boss is speaking.'

It was a rundown of everyone and everything lost over the past few days. Conner was aware of them, everyone in the organization had heard of what went down at the meth lab. The loss of an ally and a few employees wasn't what was getting to the boss.

"WHAT I DO CARE ABOUT IS THE LACK OF RESPECT. THEY SHOULD FEAR ME. IT IS YOUR DAMNED JOB TO MAKE THEM FEAR ME!" McCarthy shouted slamming his hand down on the glass table.

Conner remained stone faced as McCarthy raised his voice making his displeasure known.

'Only the boss gets to raise their voice.'

It was at this moment that Shaw made his appearance.

'Always arrive early, and if you can't arrive on time, do not arrive late.'

Conner frowned a little, it wasn't like Shaw to make the boss wait. He'd better have been doing something very important to make such an entrance.

Marco the lawyer spoke when asked shedding some light on the situation. A young man, tearing others apart with his bare hands. Sounded more like a monster or some kind of superhero from a comic book. It sounded out landish, impossible even but, if that was what the cops found. Maybe it was someone roiding out?

"So, any ideas who this is?" McCarthy looked to all present, an expectant look in his eye. "Conner? Isn't it your damned job to see something like this coming?"

Joey's gravely voice with just a tinge of Northern Irish bough rang through his head.

'Always have something to say and don't you dare Um or Ah in front of the boss.'

"Must be unaffiliated," The young man started, after taking a moment to collect his thoughts, "someone in our circles would have bragged about having the Hulk on their side. Or maybe it's just a kid thinking they can clean up the streets." He says kid knowing full well that he's not much older than this person. He just feels older, you grow up fast in the Organization or you die.

'Don't just give problems, give solutions.'

"I'll widen my net, start poking around gyms, see if anyone's heard of a man so jacked he can take a few bullets without flinching. Maybe check the new crop of rookie cops someone might be trying to play hero off the books."

He cast his gaze to the others, Lisa, the woman on a meteoric rise Joey never trusted her. Felt like she was gaining respect without actually earning it. He still wouldn't do anything against her. He knew his place. Then there's Shaw, the erstwhile second to McCarthy, the one that handed down the orders, orders that Conner followed, without question.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen @DarkLordoftheFins @RachelTyrell

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse

Leo was late and he knew that Lindsay was angry about it, or just angry in general. He had heard him scream from the outside. Now he was taking it out on Conner. As if Conner could do anything about an assassin coming out of nowhere.

Silently Leo took his position right in front of Lindsay and breathed out. Conner actually held his ground pretty well, coming to the same conclusion he had.

"Conner is right." He nodded.

"The guy does not know about you, that is why he can't fear you." Leo calmly said. "This is an outsider. Look at his targets. He took Daemon out in the middle of a shoot out. He took a few pimps working the streets. A kitchen of the 9ers. All very visible targets. Nothing crucial. Hell, we should have got out of the girls business years ago. This crap is beneath us. My point is, we got someone here who has no inside info. Maybe he doesn't even have an agenda. He saw these things go bad and he attacked. Maybe let us lay low for a while, let him do a few more pimps and gangbangers and sooner or later the police gets him or the street does. Don't take this personal Mac. Because it isn't." Leo put his hands into his pockets and nodded. "Let's just ride it out."

He knew Lisa was up to something and if he was lucky these attacks would force her to show her hand. He gave the dark skinned beauty a look and then turned his attention back to his Boss.

"We should up security though." He said to Conner's direction. "Whoever this is, I guess he must be a former special forces guy or something. He certainly got skills."

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @RachelTyrell, @galactic-vagabond422

14. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Lisa Okeke
    Penthouse of Lindsay McCarthy

While the rich and powerful were feeding on what Lindsay had offered them, the man had gathered them above und the inner sanctum. Lindsay was angry. He was a dangerous man to be angry.

But fear? From what Lisa had found out the attacker had wiped out a whole crew of 9er soldiers with bare hands. What did Lindsay expect from a man capable of that? That he was easily scared?

She leaned against the pillar and watched the scene unfold. Security was not her part so she was sure she would get away better than Leonard and Conner. Both men would be in need of an explanation. But the attacks came at the worst thinkable point in time, just as she awaited the shipment from the Greeks.

"This was only a test." Lisa said and slowly walked over to the group of men. "First a pimp, then a whole kitchen full of 9ers? Daemon got away last week, also a bit more crispy than one would like to. Since then he has learned. Nobody got out this time." Lisa stepped right next to Leo and folded her arms. "A cop? Someone who trains? No, this is a different breed of man. He is smart. He is angry. He also is not from our world." She looked at Conner and then smiled down at Lindsay sitting there. "But that doesn't mean he works by himself. Attacking us this week? Right before our shipment arrives? I don't believe in coincidences. This would be a very big one." She stopped there, looking at McCarthy. She would wait to read his reaction before setting out a plan for action.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabond422, @LordTroepfchen

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Lindsay McCarthy's Penthouse

McCarthy leaned back and looked at Lisa for a moment. Then he looked at Conner and finally at Leo.

"It doesn't matter who send the killer. His existence is a threat to my authority. Once people believe I can't handle things like this, I will have them run things behind my back pretty quickly. This guy must die."

He returned his eyes to Lisa. "Leo is right though. This guys picks the targets he sees. This is a punk. Not an insider. If he tries to test himself, we must show him his limits." He turned to Conner. "Tool up our guys on the street. I want each of them to carry one from now on. I put a bounty on this guys head. 50k for whoever reveals his name. 100k for his head."

McCarthy finally turned to Lisa and gave her a long look as if he tried to look right through her.

"But yeah, you are right about one thing Lisa, he picked a bad week to start a war." He looked at Leo who had obviously been unaware of the shipment they were now talking about. McCarthy was not happy it had come up. He breathed out.

"Conner, I want you to visit Little John and make clear we take care of the situation. I don't want the 9ers out there for blood. An army of doped up gangbangers will damage our business and make it appear we loose control. I want him to leave this to us. Tell him he can keep his twenty percent for this month. A gesture of good will." McCarthy leaned back. "Leo." He finally turned to his second in command and leaned back. "Time to get your cop friends to work. I wanna know what they know. Report to me tomorrow at the gym." Finally he looked at Lisa.

"You my dear must deal with the politics. I want everybody to know we got things under control. Begin with Larry." McCarthy took another nut and cracked it in his hand. He referred to Lawrence Kingston, the probably only other criminal in the city who could truly be called a rival. The old man was running a tight logistic operations, with the harbour being his territory. He had excellent contacts to the Russians of New York, which had given him the protection he needed from McCarthy over the years. If anyone was to challenge McCarthy above street level it would be him.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @galactic-vagabond422

The two men slowly walked over to the shop, which was a large concrete garage basically with a parking lot in front of it.

They got only a few step near it when a thundering shot rang out through the night. Flipside was ripped of his feet. A second shot missed Joshua and shattered the window of their car. The shots were coming from the small window of the garage.

Had they been spotted? Almost impossible in the dark. Or had the Mexicans been warned? Flipside quickly crawled behind a car for cover, gasping in pain as he held his side.

16. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Joshua Daemon

The blasts rang out into the night, and Flipside was thrown off his feet.

"Damn" Joshua cursed, and fired three rounds towards the small window of the garage while he took cover behind the car with Flipside. He glanced at him, the idiot had been hit, and was clutching at his wound. Joshua looked up from his hiding place of the hood of the car and fired two more shots. He had one bullet left till he needed to reload the clip.

The hell was going on? Joshua thought that the Mexicans wouldn't know they were coming. They can't have spotted Joshua in this light, had they been warned?
    Or had Joshua been setup?
    Joshua didn't have much time to think, he fired his last bullet and ducked under the cover of the car again and began to reload his .45.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse

Sometimes Leo thought Lindsay had missed the moment to die. He was the last of his generation, having outlived all rivals. So what was there to gain from this life? He had money and he had power. He had never been caught or served time. He had a family.

So why was he leading this life? Why was he still fighting? Maybe because he knew nothing else.

"Consider it done." Leo said and folded his hands.

The shipment. What was that about? He looked at Lisa Okeke and wondered how far her poison had spread. Leo thought she was perfect in what she did, but she was a step back. A step into the realm of the criminal and illegal. She was like him so many years ago. He remembered the feeling. The death, the power and the intoxicating feel of control. He had ordered people dead. He had killed people. The faces haunted him nowadays, but the mistake to survive this long had it's price.

Lisa had tried to play the paranoia of Lindsay, but she underestimated the man and his willpower. He saw reason and he did not easily give in to fear. Other temptations would probably work much better. Leo was afraid Lisa was aware of it.

He sometimes wished he had the will to get rid of her when she was still a nobody.

He felt like he needed a Whiskey. He had seen a Bowmore down there. 18 years old. He would get a double on the way out.

"See you at the gym then." Leo said and did not wait to be dismissed. Lindsay was doing something behind his back. He had a shipment with Lisa. He wanted to find out what it was.

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    McCarthy's Private room

"Conner is right." Leo spoke drawing a slight brow raise from the young enforcer. It was always curious when people agreed with him. Most just saw him as dumb muscle there to look scary but, not much else.

"We should up security though." Leo continued looking to Conner.

"That's a given," the younger man replied, "I'll double up the guard."

Conner sneered a little as Lisa insinuated that there was a mole leaking information to this monster. It was his job to keep a wrap on things, to plug those leaks. He did his job well, there wasn't a snitch in his organization. Was she trying to push him out? What did she have to gain, did she think she could do his job? He was about to speak but, his boss cut him off.

"Tool up our guys on the street." McCarthy said looking at his security chief. "I want each of them to carry one from now on. I put a bounty on this guys head. 50k for whoever reveals his name. 100k for his head." A serious look came over Conner's face. 100k, that was extreme, every fool with a piece would be on the street looking for this thing. Was that really the best move?

"I'll tell get the word out, armory is unlocked."

'Never question the boss with others around.'

"Conner, I want you to visit Little John and make clear we take care of the situation." the enforcer did his best not to roll his eyes. Meeting with methheads was not what he wanted to with his day. You could never trust someone whose brain was more full of holes than swiss cheese. "I don't want the 9ers out there for blood. An army of doped up gangbangers will damage our business and make it appear we lose control. I want him to leave this to us. Tell him he can keep his twenty percent for this month. A gesture of good will." Another concerned look but, that was the boss's call to make not his. At least he had something to bargain with.

"Got it boss, I'm make sure the Methheads keep to themselves." He said as he made his exit, he knew his part in this game and he would play it. He made his way down to a smaller apartment still in the same building, wouldn't do for the head guard dog to be far away from his master. His home was simple, not extravagant, a couch a nice television, rarely used kitchen, he passed by them all and went to a gun safe. Imputing the combination he opened it revealing his personal armory.

Pistols, hunting rifles, even a AR-15, it was quite the collection, half inherited from Joey. He took a black hip holster with a beretta already in it. Only a 9mm but had a large magazine, not clip. That was a lesson drilled into his head, as he stared down the barrel of a Lee-Enfield.

'This has a clip boy.'

As a younger Conner pointed his .25 pistol back at Joey the older man grimaced.

'That has a magazine. Know the difference.'

After Joey told him the first and only joke the old enforcer ever spoke.

'What's the same between a microwave and a battle rifle...They both go ping when their done.'

Pulling out his revolver, the appily named Smith and Wesson 'Bodyguard', he put it into a proper holster, a small one meant for concealment. Placing the .38 revolver in the small of his back he grabbed one last weapon, a set of brass knuckles, small easy to hide and good in a pinch. It was about 50/50 if the 9ners would search him but, having plans for if they do was always good.

'Never go in with just one plan.'

Strapped up he turned to leave his eyes falling on a battered and bloodstained Hurl, the stick used in field hockey. Though this particular hurl had never seen the pitch, it was Joey's favorite 'persuader' something that would cause pain but, not kill if used correctly. A blunt instrument used to draw out confessions or information. Often he wouldn't even hurt the poor person he was sent to intimidate, just holding that thing was enough.

Conner wouldn't be taking it with him, but, he kept it around, a memory of the man that had taught him everything.

Out on the street he made his way to Little John's hideout. He knew the way and could get there simply enough. He got into his car, an unassuming ford taurus, and made his way to the meeting.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen @DarkLordoftheFins @RachelTyrell

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse

Sometimes Leo thought Lindsay had missed the moment to die. He was the last of his generation, having outlived all rivals. So what was there to gain from this life? He had money and he had power. He had never been caught or served time. He had a family.

So why was he leading this life? Why was he still fighting? Maybe because he knew nothing else.

"Consider it done." Leo said and folded his hands.

The shipment. What was that about? He looked at Lisa Okeke and wondered how far her poison had spread. Leo thought she was perfect in what she did, but she was a step back. A step into the realm of the criminal and illegal. She was like him so many years ago. He remembered the feeling. The death, the power and the intoxicating feel of control. He had ordered people dead. He had killed people. The faces haunted him nowadays, but the mistake to survive this long had it's price.

Lisa had tried to play the paranoia of Lindsay, but she underestimated the man and his willpower. He saw reason and he did not easily give in to fear. Other temptations would probably work much better. Leo was afraid Lisa was aware of it.

He sometimes wished he had the will to get rid of her when she was still a nobody.

He felt like he needed a Whiskey. He had seen a Bowmore down there. 18 years old. He would get a double on the way out.

"See you at the gym then." Leo said and did not wait to be dismissed. Lindsay was doing something behind his back. He had a shipment with Lisa. He wanted to find out what it was.

But first the Bowmore. Always first the Bowmore.

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Ben Miller
    3rd Street, Midtown

The scenery outside the passenger-side window passed by in a luminous blur, the lights, faces, and dilapidated buildings of this area blending together to form a barren landscape that seemed to echo Ben Miller’s current state of mind. In a way, he couldn’t help but think that this was where he truly belonged – among the destitute, decay and the desperate. It was only through dumb luck that he had managed to climb out of the pit of despair to make something of himself, to become a cop and assist others with their troubles; to atone for his many sins. But even then...he wasn’t alone. Could never be alone again.

He was stuck.

Trapped.

That thought continued to eat away at his mind, even as his partner – Nick Foley – rambled on about an altercation that had resulted in their current assignment. Ben could barely discern his voice above the obnoxious song blasting over the radio, but that was fine with him; he got the impression that the man didn’t exactly care for him, anyway. Not too many people did. They found him awkward, boring...perhaps too privileged when it came to his rise to fame among the Detroit PD. That usually led to resentment, particularly among the cops. They were a competitive bunch with egos the size of Buicks.

But again, that was okay with him. He had gotten used to the injustice and the bias over the years. Besides, he didn’t need to hear Foley to understand the gist of the conversation. He had read the reports, had heard the rumors…

Ben instinctively twisted the faded photograph in his hands, folding over one corner to hide the provocative slant of the woman’s cheap dress. Her name was Sheryl...a prostitute, but they weren’t looking to buy her services tonight. She had survived Lou Mannings, a notorious pimp with connections to some of the larger crime rings in the Detroit metro area. There were reports that an unknown vigilante had attacked Lou and his men, saving Sheryl’s life in the process. The victim had become a witness, and now they were seeking her out for answers.

It was all rather disturbing, especially the part about the defender only using his bare hands…

How was that even possible?

As Foley continued his commentary, Ben furrowed his brow and straightened in his seat, noting a familiar face coming into focus outside his window as a woman wandered under a street lamp. She appeared a little worse for wear, but her features were a perfect match to the young woman in the photograph. What were the odds?

“T-th--there!” he stammered as he leaned forward, wincing when the seat belt locked and prevented the sudden movement. He pressed his index finger against the window instead. “That’s her – stop the car!”

He was already opening the door and swinging his legs towards the sidewalk before Foley could come to a complete stop.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Lindsay McCarthy's Penthouse, Party

McCarthy spend money on these get togethers. They were key to his hold over the powerful of Detroit. Joe Moore, one of the local real estate developers, shook Leo's hand. Some others said hello, making the walk to the bar and endless one.

The barkeeper, usually working at one of McCarthy's high end clubs, saw him and a nod was enough and right next to Leo stood a double Bowmore Scotch.

"Have you seen the video?" The voice was young and enthusiastic and completely ignorant of the fact that Lindsay would probably kill the boy if he knew he had smuggled himself onto the party.

Wesley McCarthy was Lindays only son and greatest love. Leo was his Godfather and surrogate father in many regards.

[​IMG]

He was not even dressed for the evening but wearing jeans and a grey sweater with University of Detroit logo on it. "The guy took three bullets and stood up." He held his mobile in front of Leo's face and pressed play. A grainy and shaky YouTube video played, showing a man in a grey hoodie ... he was pretty far away, probably shot from the other side of the street. The man got out of a building through a steel door that jammed opened and a man guarding the door turned and fired three shots from his handgun. The man in the hoodie was thrown back, but got up immediately and grabbed the man dragging him into the building. "Man! Run, run!" The man doing the video yelled and it turned into a blurry and shaky mess.

"Uploaded half an hour ago. Crazy! Is it? Crazy!" Wesley grinned. "You think it is fake? Or is that guy wearing a vest or something?"

Below the video comments began to pile up and it had been watched over twenty thousand times already.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Near Russel Street, 9er HQ

The mood was different that night. The feeling of the streets itself had changed. The attack already had it's effect. Suddenly people stared, they did no longer look away when someone like Conner made his way through the streets. Their looks almost seemed to be surprised he dared to enter the hood around Russel Street, where the 9ers ruled. Because now there seemed to be a new predator claiming this territory as his and as always the legends of the man probably were greatly outshining his true actions.

The 9ers and their leader Little John were one of the few powers McCarthy had to compromise with. Drugged and doped as they were their leader had a certain smartness and by pure numbers of soldiers he probably even was more than a match for McCarthy. Of course they had no political connections, cops on their payroll and certainly not the money that McCarthy had. They had the muscle though.

They were based in a small family home in a street completely owned and inhabited by their people and their families. The 9th realm near the infamous Russel Street territory was their domain. That was where Conner needed to go.

But he did not get there, because just when he took the left from Russel the road was blocked by a fire. No emergency services would get near the area at night, so there was a car burning bright. A blue Dodge Pick Up it had been. Two bodies lay before it, wearing the blue caps identifying them as 9ers. Their trademark 9mm guns lay around on the ground. Their necks were twisted, one had an arm ripped off. It was lying a few meters away from him on the ground. And above the two bodies ... a ghostly silhouette in front of the fire ... stood a man. Not tall, not especially muscular, wearing a jeans, sneakers and a grey hoodie. He looked down at his work and ignored the lights of Conners car suddenly putting him into the center of the scene.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

Flipside cursed and turned around the corner, firing a series of shots at the small window from which he had been shot. Someone returned fire. Hitting things with handguns in the dark was a legend though and nobody took further harm. The bleeding Flipside reloaded.

"I give you cover. They got a rear exit. Give 'em hell, man!" Flipside was done reloading and turned around the corner to make good on his promise.

3rd Street, Midtown

Foley hit the breaks and got some angry horns as an answer. Ben was already out and Sheryl, obviously not entirely sober, realized to late he was coming at her to run. "I am only having a walk! Man, I did nothing wrong!" She raised her arms and had tears in her eyes. Obviously she was not as used up as her colleagues and also not as hardened by the streets as most of them were ... she was frightened. Barely vice met a girl nowadays who was actually frightened of police.

Foley catched up breathing heavy and leaving the girl to Ben. He instead looked at the other girls surrounding them and held up his badge.

"Everyone who needs another arrest this months ... please hang around and make yourself comfortable. Otherwise get lost, girls!"

They quickly followed his suggestion and walked away fading in with other groups of girls a bit farther away.

Tag: @HanSolo29

22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    9ner's HQ, Near Russel Street

As Conner drove he noticed a few lingering stares, that wasn't good. It meant McCarthy was losing respect that this monster was making him look weak. The chief enforcer returned a few of the looks his green eyes narrowing. Cracks were starting to show this had to be solved soon. He let out a long breath trying to focus on what laid ahead. He disliked working with the 9ners, they were drugged up, twitchy and, undisciplined. Though somehow their leader Little John, had enough brain cells to rub together to rival McCarthy. That and the fact that he had the numbers, the muscle to take land and hold it.

Even though he disliked working with them, the boss had the vision, and the plan to deal with them. He was just going to talk to them, give them the offer smooth things over. However when he made the turn his way was blocked. A blue pickup was set ablaze, two bodies are splayed out before it. One with his arms torn off. By the colors they wore and the nine millimeters they carried he knew who they worked for.

And standing over them a man...just barely by the look of him, a hoodie, jeans, sneakers, looked like a punk. But, a punk that could rip the arm off a guy. It seemed the whatever he was hadn't noticed Conner's approach, too wrapped up in the moment?

'Never lose awareness of your surroundings boy.'

With one hand he pulled out his phone opening up a text message to every other enforcer on the street.

'Get to 9ner HQ, the guy is here.'

With the message sent, he drew his own 9mm and slipped out of the car opening the door as gently and quietly as possible. Whatever daze this guy was in Conner had no interest in breaking him out of it. He didn't close the door using it to steady his arm as he set them against the frame of it. He had thoughts of taking the shot, of putting a bullet in the creep before the others could show up.

But, he's heard what this guy was capable of, shrugging off bullets like they were nothing. He wasn't about to test it out for himself. He'd wait for backup he'd wait for the guy to make a move and follow him, until there was an opportunity take him down.

However he went about that.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

23. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Lisa Okeke
    Penthouse of Lindsay McCarthy

She nodded at the orders and waited for the others to leave. Then she turned to Linday and smiled.

"Tuesday. We get the shipment on time. That is enough product to float the market." She said.

"I know." Lindsay replied. He cracked another nut and put it into his mouth.

"Problems with the 9erd is the last thing we need right now." She calmly stated and looked at him. Lindsay gave her a look that was slightly annoyed.

"The guy will be dead by Tuesday." McCarthy simply said and waved her away.

Lisa refused to go. She stood there and stared at him.

"Anything else?" He asked with an annoyed voice.

"Will Leo become a liability?" She asked directly.

McCarthy looked at her. Then he smirked. "You mean after the shipment thing slipped out from your side?" He asked and leaned back. "Leo and I started all this. He was part of my first crew, you understand? He will always protect me. Difference between you and him? His loyalty is not bound to the possibilities I offer him." McCarthy raised his brows.

Lisa gave a nod. "My job to foresee problems. I just had to ask."

McCarthy waved again, clearly showing he did not fully buy what she was saying.

The Hive Club

Larry Kingston gratefully accepted the invitation to her hometurf, The Hive. Lisa was running the Club for McCarthy and had made it a prime location for clubbers in the area. Above the large dancefloor her office was positioned, overlooking the club. The blenders were down today though. She wanted privacy for this meeting.

Her bureau was large and had a corner with several designer couches and one large seat, all in black leather. On the other side was her desk, which was more functional but large and representing the power she held here.

Larry Kingston was not impressed. He rarely was impressed by anything. Always a little tired and bored by things he had those eyes that had seen it all.

[​IMG]
    Lawrence Kingston

Lisa offered him a seat on the couch as she took the only seat and folded one of her long legs over the other.

"Larry, thanks got coming on such short notice." She smiled at him. Larry smiled and sat down.

"A Drink?" She offered and he smiled a smile that told her to skip the niceties.

"I was curious of you got me here for the problems you got downtown or this other thing ..." He cooly said ignoring the offer.

"Minor probs. Looks like we got ourselves a guy playing Charles Bronson. Also I gotta wonder what you think about that?" Lisa smiled, ignoring the rush of adrenaline as he mentioned the "other problem". Deniability demanded her ignoring the comment. Also she was afraid Larry knew.

"Heard he is less Charles Bronson and more Bruce Lee. True he kills with his bare hands?" Larry asked and took out a cigarette. It was a non-smoking office, but Lisa did not stop him.

"Word on the streets. You know the rumor mill. Give it a week and he spills fire from his eyes." Lisa smiled. Larry smiled back.

"Well, police report says nothing of fire from his eyes. But I have seen the photos. Oh man. It cost me half an excellent steak. Could not get another bite down my throat." He lay his head aside. He was as good at reading people as her, maybe better. He also was one step ahead as he had the police report Leo still had to get them. Or he bluffed.

"You seem to have taken a special interest in the case." Lisa asked and raised her brows. "You are not involved are you?"

Larry have a dry laugh. "If I had a guy line that I would have let him loose long ago. But I got a history with the 9ers. So when someone rips apart their little kitchen over at the junction ... I cannot help to notice."

Lisa looked at him. Then she gave him a nod. "Sure. But you know how these things go. He is out there now with a price on his head. Someone will get rich by putting him out of his misery."

"Of course." Larry said. "So we wanna just behave as if you don't get shipment with the Mirabella in a few days and chat about something else, or will you tell me what you guys are up to in my harbor?"

He knew. Lisa felt a shiver run down her spine. Larry knew.

"Just a delivery of some stuff. That is all." Lisa waved the issue away. Larry gave her a knowing smile.

"Security seems to be tight and you got at such length to hide this from me. So we skip the lies? Those are not car-parts and not a few crates of guns. You could have got those cheaper from me." He spread his hands. "Is Lindsay spreading his wings a bit? If so, if he uses my harbor I want my share."

Lisa looked at Larry and then nodded. "Certainly." She said. "Also Lindsay would appreciate if this ...pilot project of his could be free of charge. A professional courtesy so to say."

Larry smiled. "Nothing is for free Lisa. Nothing is ever for free."

Lisa nodded and grew serious. "Lindsay won't like that, but obviously I will forward your message." She crossed her legs the other way around and leaned forward.

"How is the FBI thing going down? We heard there was a raid in New York? Must have cost you a bit." Lisa raised her brow. "They did not track this back to you, did they? The DA in Detroit would probably jump at such a chance."

Larry raised his brows. "We got that covered, don't worry. I am sure nobody wants me to talk to a DA, right? RICO is a bitch. And those Eastern Europeans in containers are one ugly business."

Lisa looked at him and nodded. Larry was not easily intimidated.

"I will tell him you want your share. We shall see how he takes it." Lisa Cooley replied.

Larry got up and nodded. "In the sense of an old friendship he wants to keep intact, I am sure."

ooc: Combined with LordT!

24. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Joshua

Joshua shifted away from the hood of the car. He embraced the darkness and crouched through the firefight that had broken out. He didn't fire his gun, as he did not want to attract attention to himself, so he silently crept towards the back entrance Flipside told him about. Silence was key. His gun was readied to fire at any who would come in front of him. He stopped and kept his back to the wall as he approached the backdoor of the building. He edged closer towards it, then kicked it open and aimed his gun towards anything that was behind it.

Tags: @LordTroepfchen

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Leo Shaw
    Penthouse Party

The people were a nuisance, but he finally got his drink that made his hands and mind a little more calm. He took a sip and smiled.

And that was when he was ambushed by Wesley. "What the hell are you doing here, boy?" He said rolling his eyes and the video already played. Leo wanted to grab the video and give Wesley a little speech, but then he saw what it was. He grabbed the mobile anyway, but instead of talking he watched. Bam, bam, bam. Three shots and the guy got up like it was nothing and grabbed the taller, more dangerous looking guy dragging him into the building. None of the 9ers survived, so Leo knew what he did with that guy inside. He rewind and looked again.

Bam, bam, bam!

Three hits. Clear point blank shots. Even a vest should have been extremely painful. At that range the guy should have stayed on the ground. No way he would get back up. No way. Was he on drugs? Was adrenaline giving him this stamina? He did not look so pumped up, did not look so resilient. But he was fast.

"This is public? Send me the link." Leo said and brushed the boys hair. "Certainly fake. Must be blanks." He then laughed.

9ers did not use blanks. This was taken from the kitchen attack. He was pretty sure. It was disturbing. The way the grey hoodie ripped open the door ... it seemed as if he did not care getting shot.

Leo leaned back and folded his arms. Looking at Wesley he gave the boy another fake smile. "Go to bed before your Dad comes down. Better for you."

He had to talk to Ben. He also needed to get into homicide and get that report. First he needed another Bowmore. He swiftly emptied his glass and signed to the barkeeper to refill.

His instincts told him this was no hitman. This guy was angry. But what he did there ... was beyond possible.

Getting his mobile out he texted Ben.

NEED TO MEET. TELL ME WHEN FREE. L

Then he put his old iPhone 6 back into his pocket and emptied his second glass. Next he messaged Johnson.

WANT REPORT ON JUNCTION CASE. CAN YOU GET IT? BRING IT TO THE HIVE.

The Hive was Linday's crown jewel among the nightclubs. An underground facility which was signal proof. No bugs or eyes there ... none they did not know of.

The answer came immediately.

AN HOUR. Johnson had probably guessed they needed the report.

Leo knew he should be patient and wait for the meeting, but patience was hard tonight.

TRUE NINERS GOT KILLED WITH BARE HANDS? He wrote and saw immediately the reply.

YES.

Leo breathed in sharply. Everyone considered this to be street rumors. But what if they turned out to be true? What were they dealing with here?

He decided against another drink, also he wanted one. He needed to be clear between the ears. Instead he gave the barkeeper a nod and looked for a convenient route out.

ooc: Input by LordT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.