main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    As many as six episodes? Can't really expect much story from that. If it's taking place in the post-ROTS/pre-ANH era as I'd imagine, it could be something as simple as him having to fight off some Jawas and/or sandpeople. It's not like he's going to be revealing himself to anyone of importance before Luke meets up with him.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah 6 episodes does seem kinda short. thats unusual for american tv shows. i wonder whether these TV shows will come in that different amount of episodes format

But even 6 episodes would still be like 3 movies (2 hour movies). although would be nice if there were more.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    6 episodes is the standard over here in the UK.... quality not quantity!! But don’t forget they will be one-hour episodes, so technically it’s 12 episodes.

I’m so hyped for this.

IHeartKenobi89, Felicia, V-2 and 7 others like this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll remain a bit sceptical until it's announced.
    A lot of fake rumours about TV shows at the moment.

But, 6 episodes. Sure.
    I like these character miniseries.
    It's the promise of the Star Wars Stories.
    It may be that they've done all this work already for Kenobi and Boba Fett, so half the money and effort has already been spent. It's cheap.

Do Kenobi. See how it goes. If it's a hit, do more. Or do someone else.

IHeartKenobi89, Felicia, V-2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes, although technically that would be 8 one hour long episodes if they had adverts.

IHeartKenobi89 and Felicia like this.
  7. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Wow if true, unexpected...….but welcomed at the same time with open arms. Six episodes gives Obi a chance to partake in some conflict of some kind and have a romantic relation - which may lead to a daughter and then a "granddaughter". But while I welcome this project if true, I hope that Star Wars does not become a series of television shows. I would still like to go to the cinema every now and then and see a new Star Wars movies.

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    What is the budget for these shows again? Is it a million an episode?

IHeartKenobi89 and Felicia like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can see them doing series of varied lengths- have something like The Mandalorian as a mainline series then have smaller limited series like this possible Kenobi series.

Keeps the spirit of the original idea behind the anthology movies by putting out several little projects between the bigger ones.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Mandalorian has a budget of 100 million so it's more like 12.5 million an episode. At least for that show. No telling what Kenobi will get.

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What about Obi-Wan and Owen Lars on some sort of adventure together. Have Obi-Wan earn the animosity Owen holds for him in Episode 4. Now we're talking six episodes of Ewan McGregger and Joel Egerton.

The galaxy felt a lot bigger and more remote in A New Hope. Tatooine didn't feel like it was just a phone call away. To get Obi-Wan a message you had to send a droid down to the planet and find the old wizard in person. In that movie you also get the feeling that most people wouldn't recognize a Jedi and if they did wouldn't easily or quickly be able to report him to the Empire. Maybe this series will go back to that.

Here's hoping Obi-Wan also gets a 100 million budget and brings in some established Star Wars actors with the extra.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Has the time period for this series been brought up?

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Best thing would be to just adapt the Kenobi novel.

Jedi Sarabel likes this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Kenobi Mini-Series! Yes! [face_dancing] I have been convinced that Disney would produce Mini-Series Character Arcs for Disney+, instead of just the conventional long run Shows. And with Solo doing poorly in the theatres, that an Obi-Wan Kenobi story would happen in this format. This is such a no brainer; especially since Ewan McGregor has said himself, that he would like to return to the Role.

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Looking forward to this. Should be entitled: Kenobi, a Slacker's Tale or Nineteen Years of Lies or Thank the Maker the Tusken was drunk or even 'Watching Over', from a certain point of view.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Not on board for this unless its not set between ROTS and ANH. Do a live action Clone Wars anthology or something with General Kenobi as the main character. He's his own character, he wasn't with Anakin for the entire war.

17. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    If this is an accurate report I hope they do three two episode arcs with time jumps between them leading from ROTS to as close as they can get to ANH (unless they want to age Ewan digitally) That would let us see Obi-wan dealing with the aftermath of ROTS then they could show how he learns to commune with Qui-Gon , the next arc could be something like we saw in the comics where he helps someone in distress because he can't not intervene. Throw in an arc where he interreacts with Owen and or Luke and I'm sold on this.

Master_Lok and TadoFett like this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This could be better than a stand alone movie. Unfortunately Solo happened and it left a sour taste on everyone’s mouth. If your going to tell these character , less action type stories, they have to go to television. The good thing about a tv series, whether brought simultaneously or by weekly episodes, they’ll be better opportunities for exposition and we won’t have to worry about box office results. Comparing Star Wars movies or Universes to Marvel’s or DC’s and stuff like that. The lesser projects have to go to television and the bigger stuff to the movies. I’ve said it before, Rogue One got very lucky, Solo did not.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    SWNN...

I’m gonna wait for confirmation on this one.

20. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I want to believe!

But scrap all this 6 episode malarkey. Give us six seasons and a movie of glorious Obi-wan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    It makes sense. The Mandalorian seems to take place on Tatooine, so they will already have the sets. That will save a ton of cash!

V-2, cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  22. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    There's a lot of potential here. Six hours is essentially a trilogy. They could cover Obi-Wan's life on Tatooine, trying to live without intervening (like in the Marvel comics) but then something happens where he has to intervene (this is Star Wars after all).

Maybe they could tie it in with Maul and Crimson Dawn? Maybe some dealings between Crimson Dawn and Jabba threaten to bring Maul to Tatooine, so Obi-Wan goes to confront him off world so he doesn't come close to Luke? They could even link it with how Maul got stranded on Malachor (they just need to give Maul a reason to believe Kenobi dead at the end). A little convoluted but certainly nothing canon breaking, plus they know how popular it would be to show a rematch between those two in live action.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think by now you people would know what I'd want to see.
    [​IMG]

24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Haven't you already seen it?

V-2, Master_Lok and revan772 like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    We saw the tail end of it; but not the beginning at all. When did he meet her? When did he become involved with her? Did he carry reservations throughout the relationship the same way Anakin had with Padme?