main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Dexter Jettster or Jar-Jar for me :)

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I can see it being Qui-Gon with it being TPM’s 20th

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe not considering some fairly recent racial comments made by Liam Neeson.

credar likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I can't imagine that being a factor for something like this. Plus, Disney did just hire James Gunn back.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    With all the characters they have to choose from Qui Gonn might be further down the list.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It depends on if they locked the art down before the Neeson interview or not.

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I love Master Poof!

That would be amazing tbh

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Obviously, it'll be Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley, summoned by thousands of fans collectively reading Queen's Shadow.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Padme501st likes this.
  9. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I’m listening to the audio book right now as one of my audible credits and it’s good

10. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Got notification of tickets being shipped today.

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Second City tickets go on sale today at 2PM C/ST;

Rogue Pun: A Star Wars Show

"Star Wars Celebration is taking Chicago by storm this April, and The Second City is proud to join the Resistance! Rogue Pun: A Star Wars Show is presented in collaboration with Lucasfilm. Witness the power of this fully operational, two-act show that incorporates the Jedi improv skills of our comedy clones and hysterical sketch comedy in hyperdrive created just for the ultimate Star Wars fans. Will there be any surprises? There to find out you must be, hmmm? Cosplayers welcome!"

https://www.secondcity.com/shows/chicago/rogue-pun-a-star-wars-show/

12. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Anyone attending any podcast events? Has anyone attended any in the past (if so which ones were fun/relaxed) last thing I want to do at Celebration is hear people with overly assertive opinions :)

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    International attendees getting badges shipped, they are using DHL Express

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  14. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Still waiting for mine to ship. When I check Showclix it still shows "Processing" :(

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They usually do these things in batches. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Link1130 likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    My label was updated to say that the badge will be shipped from Norwalk, CT. I live in NY, so that should mean a badge sometime this week, depending on when the badge actually ships,

17. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Best bet is to listen to the podcasts that are going before Celebration starts. That way you can see which one(s) appeal most. Right now I only have plans to attend the live taping as of Skytalkers and Star Wars Action News. Others will depend on what else is happening at the time.

Also, the fact that the podcasts were vetted by LFL means that you won’t find any where the podcasters spend an hour yelling about SJWs in Star Wars and how much they hate TLJ.

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I have a lot of respect for people who can create a podcast week in, week out, and keep it fresh, entertaining and interesting. I don't really have time to listen to them (my commute isn't long enough), but I can certainly appreciate the work and passion that goes into it.

That said, I probably won't spend much, if any, time at the podcast stage. There's so many demands on my time already at Celebration (in the best way possible), because I don't really listen to them much it feels like one less thing I have to fit in. If I listened regularly I'm sure I'd be trying to catch a few and probably attend the meet up as well. The few I've heard seem like pretty cool groups of fans.

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not really into podcasts at all, I have a real problem sitting down and just listening, so I'm not planning on any podcasts. Maybe depending on the schedule I'm going to go and listen to the Fantha Tracks people.

20. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    thanks for the feedback all, very helpful

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I like to listen to podcasts while I'm working out, but I've never gotten into fan type podcasts.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Question: is there a place I can go to buy merch, since I see people doing it already? Or is that like a VIP thing or something.

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    There were a few items (pin badge, shirts, etc.) that you could order along with your tickets. Some of that stuff has started shipping so that's what you're seeing. Most (not all) will be available in the show store if you didn't pre-order it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You can buy the pin sets. The other stuff people are receiving are the add ons you had the option to buy when you ordered your tickets.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ahhh OK, I bought my tickets second-hand this time. Thanks guys.

ChrisLyne likes this.