main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Thought the same thing DA. They’ve gotten so much better w/people lol. Bo Peep stood out to me compared to her movements in 1 & 2.

The newest Aladdin trailer Will Smith posted a few days ago looks good too. :) I’m on the fence about seeing it, but I do love how colorful it looks. :)

Finished Resistance. The last episode was its best imo. Shockingly I was kinda into the flying stuff, & it wrapped things up good. That said I’m still rooting for the FO. :p Don’t look if you don’t want spoilers!
    Poor Tam! :( If they hadn’t lied to her all this time she’d have been a great asset in the resistance. I felt for her, & was glad they had her make the choice to leave w/the FO, that they didn’t backtrack & have her stick w/the crew (with no casualties other than Kaz’s unnamed, never seen, barely mentioned family on Hosnian Prime, SOMEone that we actually did care about had to go). I want them to bring her back into the story somehow in S2.

Torra was great, & I want more Synara & the space pirates, reminded me of Capt. Hook & his ship.
    So yeah. Overall it was okay. The last few I think were really good; imo the first half of the season had far too many stupid Kaz antics. Apparently it’s coming back this fall; it’ll be interesting to see where they go from here.

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Greg Lukis gave me the unedited reels of all the films and they're amazing......

......though I must say the scene before Anakin goes to save Palpatine is kinda boring. it's just Anakin and Padme standing in front of a green screen and silently crying :p

3. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Resistance has me feeling similar feels like Rebels did with its first season.

Its starts off as just a 'oh this is kinda fun' series for me but by the middle and end of the first season I'm officially hooked, though this time they didn't really have bigger characters as a hook like with Rebels' Vader and Ahsoka tease. For now I'm just very interested to see what they do with Tam in the first order, the gold stormtrooper guy and how the characters all stay away from the events of TLJ.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I really do think that after Ep9 releases, we're going to see a crap ton of content for that ROTJ to TFA gap, when authors and creators aren't terrified of crossing continuities or mucking up canon. It's something that didn't really impact the 1999-2005 stretch as much, because we ultimately knew where the story was going.

Wendig advocated something last week that many fans have been saying for a while, having an "other" canon outside of the films would be perfectly okay for most people. Just give us quality books, comics, and shows that don't tiptoe around the films so much.

5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Ever flush your toilet only to have the contents therein bubble up into your bathtub? It's grrrreat!

That's not the worst part. Here's the worst part: I had to explain to the property management maintenance guy how the main drain line was clogged, how to access such and that unclogging it required a main line auger machine—none of which he seemed to know anything about. I myself have never used an auger but understood the general principles of what had to be done. So we rented one, and I basically had to go through the steps with aforesaid maintenance guy on both how to operate the thing and effectively clear the drain line.

So that was my Monday. [face_waiting]

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ergh. Sorry to hear that, Ingram.

I had my neighbor's (townhouse) toilet's contents show up in my sink, a few years ago. That was horrifying. The cause of the problem turned out to be my neighbors improperly disposing of many things, ranging from grease to sanitation napkins. I hate my neighbors.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Nope, think I'll let that be an Ingram exclusive.

For real though, that all sounds awful, hope you have everything sorted out or will soon.

8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  9. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    "What an incredible smell you've discovered!"

10. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    It's always worse when it's someone else's sewage. Even I hate your neighbors.

11. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Oh, it's fine now. Everything working (draining) properly. But I quite literally bleached the s ** t outta my tub.

12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    That's no rubber duckie!

13. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Though I’m assuming there’s more to the story cause it sounds to me like they just made a mistake.

14. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    This thread has officially gone to ****.

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    What made it official? It's kind of hard to tell. Oh wait I just got that. [face_idea]we are on a roll.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    oh yes

times a million, good sir heffley

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Are you saying this is the #2 thread? :p

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Back from Aqua Fit, I'd completely forgot I had it today until 5 minutes before we left for it :p I think I forgot cause the last few weeks I've been out to the job centre on a Tuesday, but this week I didn't have to, so it threw off my rhythm a bit.

The good news is that I came up with two little details to add to my last chapter, nice little character callbacks. I do still have a couple of loose-ends I want to fit in somewhere, as well making the ending not feel rushed, so I still need to do a re-read later :)

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So Boba mightve appeared in Solo in a cameo appearance! Never noticed.

20. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    C'mon, you gotta tell us the story (as long as it's not too personal or something of course). :p

21. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    my neighbor's white trash boyfriend got into a fight with a plumber in my living room (while he was fixing the aforementioned incident) when the plumber revealed that they were at fault

that should tell you everything you need to know

south carolina has beautiful beaches, mountains, and lakes. we have a solid percentage of the worst people on the planet, though.

also re: boba fett, i thought there was a screenshot in one of the solo trailers of slave 1 spinning around in the maw, right?

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    And as I learned last summer they don't know how to drive.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    and myrtle beach is like 0.005% south carolinian, and 98% ohioan

you basically went to disney world

come explore this great state. millions of potholes, just dozens of teeth.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    But we had to drive across the state and it was awful.

Edit: the drivers, actually not a bad drive scenery wise at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.