main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The big bad is...

"Senator" Bail Organa.

Have you noticed he's been in nearly all the films? He has held on to his position as "good guy" senator, but he's pretty sneaky.

He voted against the creation of a military in order to retain his own "democratically elected" and "diplomacy" position in the Senate. He stood against the "popular vote" of Palpatine - the very arrogance! He then stays "hidden in plain sight" while manipulating others to fight against Palpatine - including the one hevwas charged to protect - Leia!

We never see him die on Alderaan - how convenient - and even more so, there are conveniently no witnesses. Since learning of the Death Star's targetted assasination attempt, he's been lying low in the Unknown Regions, probably finding ysalimiri to protect himself (they're the MacGuffin in Ep.IX) and biding his time for the Rebels to win. See, he's always knowsn since Ep.I that large scale Empire-types have a small, backdoor weakness. Control centre, exhaust port, Vader, whatever.

Evenbwhen the Jedi were killed in ROTS, where does he go? The Senate, tobre-take his rightful position.

As a real smoothy and "good" diplomat he has united the Unknown Regions - a spatially much bigger area in any galaxy - to unite under his rule and he is now ready to destroy the Empire/Republic/First Order/Resistance/Jedi/Sith for creating all the problems in the first place.

All hail the one True Royalty - the Supreme Leader Bail Organa. Ep.IX will end with the true villain stroking his well-trimmed beard and stroking ysalimiri on his lap.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    It was just as bad during the prequels. One of my friends invited me over to watch episode 3 when it came out on DVD then bashed it throughout the whole movie. I told him I'll never watch another movie at his house again. People also used to hate on Anakin just as much if not more than Kylo.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Oh yeah, the prequel hate was and still is obnoxious.

KyleKartan likes this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It was edgy in the days of the PT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleKartan likes this.
  5. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    OT hate was bad too, but without the Internet the loud mouths seemed less.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My gut/rumors tell me:

Rey will still be dealing with her parentage issues.
    Kylo will be the big bad of Ep. IX but will return to the light side.
    There will be a stormtrooper rebellion. White armored stormtroopers on one side, red stormtroopers on the other. The red troops are clones.
    Finn and Jannah, (possibly Finn's sister?) will be involved in the stormtrooper rebellion.
    Kylo will have Hux killed and replaced by Richard E. Grant's character.
    Luke, Leia, Lando, Rose, and R2 won't be in the movie that much.
    Dominic Monaghan's character will be killed off.
    The KoR wouldn't get much if any character development or speaking lines but they'll have a decent sized role in the film.
    When Ghost Luke appears it'll be the first time Rey has seen him since TLJ.
    Kerri Russells bounty hunter character be sort of a mini-boss, i.e. somebody for the good guys to fight earlier in the movie.
    Leia will die off-screen but only after Kylo has returned to the light and the good guys are winning.
    None of the previously established Resistance characters or OT good guys will die.
    3PO/MacGuffin stuff.
    Matt Smith's goofy alien will actually help the Resistance in a significant way.
    The good guys will win.

7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    ...and there will be one ground battle and one space battle?

8. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    Anything that forces Kylo and Rey to team up with feel problematic to me. I'm hoping E9 shows Kylo's evolution into a full villain. And I hope we see clearly how this is different from Vader.

9. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I’d have Rey a Palestine descendant/ creation , the Resistance getting defeated and Rey by learning a Plageuis secret in a manual in Luke’s hut give her the ability to bring Luke back. He kicks some ass against some insurmountable odds but is saved by Rey by deflecting something or whatever.
    Luke helps make things right and then decides his place is in the afterlife and peacefully drifts off again.
    I think something like this could please both sides of the fans.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Rey as a Palestine descendant would certainly fit the description of, “controversial to some, delightful to others”. :p

11. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I dont think so. Those people decided to hate the Disney era movies and they wont go back from that. It's sad but I think we'll have to deal with an big amound of hate for Ep IX, no matter what kind of movie it will be.

There I was in 2012, happy that we get new STAR WARS and thinking that the new movies will reunit the fandom. Boy was I wrong. This fandom has it's history of hating itself since at least 1999...

12. Tusken Slayer

Tusken Slayer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    Prequels - Anger and hatred at TPM and AOTC..by ROTS expectations tempered so less anger.

Sequel trilogy - Renewed interest with TFA (2 billion doesn't happen without good word of mouth, so please don't) and a reinvigoration in SW fandom....but now in 2018/2019...fandom more divided than ever and casuals more invested in Game of Thrones and Marvel.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  13. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Agreed. A very important thing to keep in mind is that some people literally make a living off of hating Disney SW.

miasma, KyleKartan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    I really cant wrap my head around the amound of hate the Franchise gets in those past 1,5 years. I mean it was crazy during and after the Prequels were released too, just think about this god awful documentary "The People vs. George Lucas" which was kind of a defamation on Lucas. Think about the haters who attacked Lloyd, Best and Lucas over their dislike of Ep I...same with Hayden about Ep II. Why is this fandom so rotten that we always go against the ones who try to please us and why do they use Insults and defamation? What is it about about a STAR WARS fan not liking and a certain movie and going all angry and hatefull against it's makers. I dont get it...

15. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    For years, people have joked that Star Wars is a religion for some people. And I think it really is. It would explain why certain fans act the way they do.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  16. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    I know. Fun Fact: those themself called die hard fans who attack, insult and defamate the people behind SW have not understand ANY message which those movies try to transport, from IV to VIII.

It's not like SW tried to teach us only with Ep VIII that tyranny and Enslavement, war and agression are bad things. Those themes and messages where there from the first movie on. I always laugh when I read something about a political agenda disney started with to teach us with SW when this "agenda" always was a part of SW. Lucas deliberatly put parallels to Hitler and Ceasar into the Empire and how Palps came to power. God he even put in a reference to Bush Jr., spoken by non other than the most famous movie villian of all time: Darth Vader.

It's sad when the people who claim they want to safe STAR WARS have never understood it in the first place...

17. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    The most amazing thing so far is how slight the story is. So far it really does feel just like a rehash of the OT and PT. E9 needs to do a lot to carve out some kind of unique identity.

I still suspect the goal of the ST was merely to reboot the Empire-Rebels conflict. That would leave us with Kylo as a new Darth Vader, the Empire in control of a large portion of the GFFA, and Rey rebooting the Jedi, which would set the stage for an on-going EU.

Tusken Slayer likes this.
  18. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    When did Vader reference Bush, Jr.? Had to have been in ROTS before the suit and mask. What kind?

19. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    Anakin says in Ep III to Obi-Wan right before their fight starts: "If you are not with me, then you're my enemy." Luashimself said that he took Inspiration for that line from what Bush said after 9/11.

20. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Thanks.

KyleKartan likes this.
  21. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think Leia's death will be the event that causes Ben to return to the light side, and maybe he even makes his own sacrifical action to save someone or something ie: Vader killing the Emperior to save Luke.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It kinda sounds disrespectful to bring Leia back and then kill her off screen. what is the point in that?

Really they can only do with Carrie what they have filmed with her before she passed away. if they don't have the footage then they can't really do it.

I know there has been talk of flashbacks with a stand in actress, but they have at least claimed they don't plan on doing it with the actual carrie footage.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe but considering that Carrie really is dead it feels a little tacky to me to fold her death into a plot point that returns Ben to the light side. Presumably if that happened Leia would be dying at a time when she isn't at peace. It would be really distasteful if she was killed off by somebody. It would be almost just as depressing if she died of "space sickness" from her space walk. That would still mean that her death was the result of a violent attack on her in TLJ.

If Leia does have to die from some sort of "space sickness" I'd rather we learn that she passes away knowing that her son has returned to her and that the galaxy is going to be in good hands.

I also think that Leia's death would be more likely to draw Kylo even further to the dark side. The death of a mother tends to make people depressed more than it makes them happy. :p

ETA: Ideally if Leia has to die I'd rather they keep the cause of her death vague. Don't give her a disease. Don't kill her off violently. Just have her pass away and leave it understood that it was her time to go, her time to be reunited with Han and Ben in the afterlife, (provided Ben dies of course).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Mila Lazarus likes this.
  24. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I bet Leia won't die in 9.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I almost wonder if the movie opens with Leia already dead. Perhaps this 3P0 plot is about getting some memory of her that's vitally important. Say the whereabouts to OT friends hideout or something. And when we do see Leia is on-screen, it's a hologram recording of her inspiring the OT Rebels in a way that's still meaningful for the current group. Everyone is sad that she's gone, and this is now the last time they're able to see her. She inspires/instructs them as her last act.