main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Vinyl Records

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by mAT-AT Driver, Jun 14, 2017.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Got my hands on an original double LP soundtrack for the original film. The poster and inlay notes are in perfect condition too. A great find.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    The key is finding one that says "Star Wars" and not "A New Hope". :)

Sarge likes this.
  3. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I was at a record fair last month and came across a 1977 Star Wars LP I'd never seen before, The Story of Star Wars, featuring music, effects and dialogue with an abridged narration of the story spanning approx 50 mins over both sides of the LP. I don't ever remember seeing this back in the day, anyway I did some more digging and have ended up getting hold of original copies of the Empire and Jedi versions of these 'Story of..' LPs too. Great stuff.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    Clone8looper likes this.
  4. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2023
    I never knew they were a thing. I've just taken a look on Discogs.com and there's a few for sale. V.Good condition; £10, seems like a bargain. They have a publishing date of 1977 on the label which makes me wonder if they went to retail before the actual release of the film here in the UK. Interesting.

AndyLGR likes this.
  5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I have the original 1977 soundtrack on vinyl. Inherited it (aka stole it) from my father so it can be stored properly in a protective sleeve. I also have some sort of special version of The Force Awakens on vinyl as well. And soundtracks aside, I have the original trilogy children's books (all three) with a 7" 45RPM disc of the abridged storybooks.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I found ANH in excellent condition down at a record shop down in Luray, VA when my family drove down for a family reunion. My folks have a turntable, I don't.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  7. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2023
    Why didn't we get a 40th Anniversary ROTJ vinyl release?

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Not sure. Would have been nice. But then there are lots of things Lucasfilm could be doing with all of the SW soundtracks and they're not.

9. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I bought that for less than a buck years ago and honestly never listened to it. I don't recall if I ever inspected the disc itself but the jacket looks like it's in terrible condition, and honestly the whole thing seemed sort of off-brand and gimmicky. But maybe I should actually play it one of these days.

10. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Give it a listen. In an era of no home video it turns out these things were very much on brand.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    Huttese 101 likes this.
  11. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I have my old kids records — the ones that chime when it’s time to turn the page.

and the planet of the hoojibs, which, scared the bejeezus out of me when I was little. When Threepio woke up to find them eating him. I had to skip that part and flip the album over.

12. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Has the Jedi score ever been released on vinyl in an expanded edition or it is only the single LP version thats out there?

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Only the single disc, so far as I know.