main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    @Master_Rebado nice! Love the Dreadnoks. They and their vehicles are a great "subteam" to collect.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Yeah,got a couple more Noks coming in the mail yet to add to these. :)

Iron_lord and Juke Skywalker like this.
  3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    When I got into collecting I didn't realize how substantial the Dreadnoks team was. I stopped collecting as a kid around '86 or so, but after that there were quite a few more added to the group, like Zanzibar, Road Pig and Gnawgahyde. And they actually had a ton of vehicles as well

4. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Part 2 of ARAH arrivals -

[​IMG]

And some comics from same source -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    @Master_Rebado Nice! Gotcha a few more Dreadnoks to pester your Joes. Really love the comics! I have Trade Paperback collections of issues 1-50, but I want to pick up original issues at some point. It's great to see all of the old ads in them, which the TPB's are missing.

*edit* Almost forgot my own haul. Pulled the trigger on a set of vintage Mego Kiss dolls. Been chasing these guys for a while. A little expensive, but these were must haves.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've been picking up some Game of Thrones stuff since we're on the last season. My collection for that show is really scattered. I need to put it all together so I can see what I have and work on filling in holes so I'll someday have a nice display to get up.

Monday I went to Savers and scored a vintage 60's-early 70's TNT Ken. Apparently they had Barbies there on the weekend that were the same era but someone bought them all. Oh well.

I was bummed it was 1/2 off day and there was a book case there that would've been $6.50. It was kind of beat up but it had it's adjustable shelves and clips, but my sister said it would be just too wide for our SUV. Personally I think it would've fit, but oh well.

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I pre-ordered my first Marvel Hot Toys sixth scale figures today. The new Engame Cap and Bucky. [face_love] I am hoping to get the Captain Marvel and find a Civil War Scarlet Witch I missed out on.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I honored May the Fourth by buying some Game of Thrones stuff :p

Sideshow showed they were almost out of the 1/6 scale Arya Stark figure so I bought her. Then picked up a few more Stark girls goodies on Amazon.

Valor Margolis

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Arya arrived today from Sideshow, I guess since she was under $200 they actually left her at the door w/o a signature. Today will be heading to IKEA to buy my shelves for my craft/doll/ebay room. Then after they show up after delivery I get to unbox everything. I'm not 100% sure what all 6" figures I have for GOT, I kept buying them and putting them in boxes for storage but I'll find out this week.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've been working on getting my craft room together and have all of my non-Star Wars collectibles coming out on display. Had some unexpected extra money come in and used it for buying bookshelves for that room. I have one more to put together but need to rearrange everything before I can do that. I still have some boxes to sort out, but that will have to wait, this week I have to clean the rest of the house every night since my Dad is coming for Phoenix Fan Fusion this weekend! Woot! (So excited to see Jeff Goldblum in person.)

I've pulled a ton of stuff out of storage and out of packages. I now have shelves for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and The X-Files. My last smaller bookcase will be for Indiana Jones and Superman/Smallville stuff. I ran out of Barbie stands, so I'm waiting for an order of those to arrive to finish a couple of my Barbie displays (Barbies are the majority of my displays.) I have some Marvel stuff - X-Men and Avengers - that will all get brought out and put on display in our living room to be displayed w/ our giant movie collection. I have a couple of Titanic things - those will go there too.

Now that I have stuff out I know what I need to work on to fill in holes for each display. I'm happy with how things have come out other than the fact that a few GOT items I recently bought are still hiding. Whenever I'm done photos will be coming.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

I would love to do a meet up with you this weekend at the PFF just to say hello.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'll be there Saturday and Sunday - we'll be running back and forth between the 2 large rooms upstairs.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Sorry we never caught up to you this weekend, was so so crazy! Had a blast though. Even though I got a call on Saturday morning from Wells Fargo that someone was using my debit card online. They called while I was walking to CVS to pick up all my prescriptions that I thought I left at home. Brought new scripts to room and promptly found my meds in the suitcase. I won't get the money back in my account until this friday. Fortunately I was using cash for everything at PFF. Otherwise would have been a royal mess. They are sending me a new card today.

Did you score any finds on the dealer floors?

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sorry about your card, that sucks! I've had BofA decide to kill my card because they thought fraud was going on and send me a new one days before I was supposed to go on trips out of the country - so I know how how stressful that can be.

I really didn't buy anything. I just got 3 hand made Star Wars headbands and Wild Bill's large insulated mug that I'll be able to use at PhxFF into the future to get cheap drinks. All I seemed to find were Pops - I'd like to get more pops but I really wanted some other types of things. Didn't see a lot of the figures I was looking for so I just passed.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I was really wanting to find a Queen Amidala Pop, no luck. I am trying to make the hunt more interesting by refusing to pay over $100 for her. Hopefully eventually. Other than that I just shopped for my son and a friend t shirts. Though I did buy Braiden Ed, Al, and Mustang (full metal alchemist)Pops. It is his favorite anime of all time. They were 3 for $25, so that was a good deal.

What do the head bands look like? I would have liked to have found those for Kirby.

We probably passed each other a lot at Wild Bill's, we made that our rest stop all the time, in the Hall of Heroes. Kirby is love with the root beer and the diet for me is not so bad either.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage Kenner Adventures of Indiana Jones Belloq (Ceremonial Robes). Got a few more pieces to get from this line to complete the entire thing.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have that figure. He's one of the pieces in my whole collection where I was like 'huh, where on earth did I buy this?'

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] Yep, I've got a few of those tucked in amongst the stuff I remember buying.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    @Master_Rebado nice! Love Shockwave. Easily in my top 10-15. He came out in '88, so I never had him as a kid (I stopped collecting/discovered girls around '87) but he was on my "Must have" list when I started collecting as an adult.

There's also a Nightforce version, but like so many of the Nightforce figures, he fetches a pretty hefty price (Approaching $200 on closed auction searches I've done on eBay).

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Last week I bid on a vintage Battlestar Galactica lunchbox and got sniped @ the last minute. Got an email saying the winner had backed out of the deal, so it was offered to me @ my max bid. It's mint/near mint w/the original hang tag still on it and never used. It's one I've been chasing for a long time. Despite the fact I'd previously bid on it I still took nearly the full 24 hours to decide, because in the interim my area was hit w/several tornados (You may have seen it on the news. I live in Ohio and my ex-girlfriend saw it on the news in the UK). Aside from a few downed limbs my damage was light (sadly many were not so lucky), but I lost power for nearly 3 days and stayed @ a hotel. My hotel bill came to roughly what I had bid on the lunchbox, so I was a bit hesitant. I can afford it, but I set a monthly collecting budget, and whenever a surprise expense arises I typically take it out of that rather than savings. Buuuut, as I said, I've been chasing this for quite a while, it's in great shape and the deal was very good.

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So are you still deciding?

I know - crazy weather everywhere. Glad you're ok!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    So sorry to hear you had such calamity @Juke Skywalker and hope you are fairing well,my thoughts with you even more than usual.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    No, I had 24 hrs. to accept or reject the offer to buy it @ my highest bid price and I took about 23 hrs. and 55 minutes lol. Ultimately I thought it was a good deal on a box I'd been chasing for a while, so I decided not to let it pass me by.

Thanks PLJ. I tell you, I'll never ignore a Tornado Warning again, and I'm going to put together an emergency action plan (water, dry goods food, a generator) for these kinds of occasions.

Thanks, buddy :D. I got off easy. Literally less than a mile from me there are homes and businesses that were devastated. Across town, my childhood home and neighborhood also suffered a bad fate. It's still standing, but it and many of the houses in that plat are now unlivable and I kinda wonder if they're not just gonna bulldoze the whole thing and build anew. I have a lot of fond memories of that home.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

I have about a dozen or so Kotobukiya statues, including Jaina Solo who was my first. Michael Myers was the latest one. There's actually a set of GI Joe Bishoujo statues that will be releasing this Summer/Fall.
    [​IMG]