main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Layola's Diner (The Reckoning OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by HanSolo29 , May 26, 2018.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So, everybody ... the question if I take over the entire game is back on the table ... I play in quite some games. Dunno if I can GM one with my limited time available. But you know what? Keeping this game in limbo won't help me find out.

So I guess I just try and apologize if it doesn't work. Update is up. Pls everybody continue Business as usual. @SirakRomar, @QueenSabe7 you still got old outstanding tags. If you still wanna do this please respond within a week or I will move along your characters.

Let'a do this.

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Just an FYI that I will not be continuing Mira in this game. Best of luck to the remaining players and thank you, @HanSolo29 for creating such a fun and new atmosphere for me to play in. :)

EDIT: I would prefer my character NOT be used as an NPC going forward, since she is removed from anyone else I think it would be easy just to move along without her, please and thank you.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Certainly @QueenSabe7, thanks for letting me know.

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So to take the insecurity off the table ... I will continue this game as GM from now on. Let me say a BIG thank you to @HanSolo29 for all the effort you put into this game and for the chance to profit from the amazing groundwork you did here by allowing me to take over.

So update in 24 hours.

Let us see where the journey takes us!

TheSithGirly and HanSolo29 like this.
  5. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh, a twenty-something heroine struggling not only with becoming a warrior but also the awakening of her power and the responsibility that comes with them ... a dark and edgy scene-chewing villain with more experience ... a brooding Demi-God between omniscience and the curse of determinism ... a pending apocalypse ... I think you gonna be alright, Fin.

Great you do this!

6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Taylor is back! Great pic you choose Fin.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Always thought of Sutherland when we were doing the Crossing. [face_laugh]

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I will be gone for a few days, but you guys got an update.

Oh and a little teaser in the introduction threat ...

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  9. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh that teaser is lovely ... a prequel of sorts?

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Of sorts ...

A 24 hours update warning

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, a few people asked stuff about The Reckoning and some future games that might play in the same universe or even be considered a sequel ... always feel when two people ask ... means everyone might wanna know.

So my quick FAQ:

How are you doing with The Rexkoning?

I appreciate the worries, but all is good. Actually writing updates comes easier to me than thought and I am happy we continue. Love the characters.

How far are we in The Reckoning?

About half, I'd say. I shortened and streamlined a bit (mostly because we lost players).

Will you continue with other games after this one? Will you do it alone?

If we actually have players interested (and my teaser seemed to get your interest) I'd say yeah. Actually I was always meant to have a third game and GM it. But ...

... my plans changed a little.

The Reckoning will be followed by a series of smaller games GMed by me and the returning LordTroepfchen (the inventor of this fantastic universe).

Why? Spoiler territory. You'd see it makes sense.

They will then lead into the final game The Divide. THE DIVIDE will conclude my storyline.

How involved is LordT in the continuation of The Crossingverse?

Actually he handed it over to HS29 and me. We picked it up and only got input on certain topics from time to time. Hard to believe considering how often me and him collaborated in the past. But right now he prefers to be a player. He has given important input on things though and has approved and refined a few things.

Can I play my character in future games?

Yes. Sort of.

SirakRomar and HanSolo29 like this.
  12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I wanted to express my love and enthusiasm for the Hong Kong storyline. What you do there is amazing @DarkLordoftheFins @TheSithGirly

So dark, intense and wonderfully written. I see this post-apocalyptic Hong Kong in front of my eyes when I read it.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I gotta give @TheSithGirly the credits here. She does the bulk of the writing with me giving her notes.

14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, the whole world creation and death cult thing was your idea @DarkLordoftheFins
    So credits were they belong.

15. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh I knew she wasn't gonna take Kawin! Looks like the President is the prize now.

And Laura ... take care! Please! I need you! [face_nail_biting]

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Might be too late for that one ... anyway with the permission of Fin:

Discussing lately the possibility of broadening and deepening the whole Crossingverse in the GM Group and I had a long gestating idea which I have refined ... we learned in The Crossing already, but especially in The Reckoning that the Gifted have not only appeared in the USA, but all over the world. In Asia we even met a few spooky examples. But we never touched Europe, which I think has a lot potential. More liberal and less United than the US the EU would probably react very different to the appearance of these people ... so I was thinking of The Crossing: Berlin. Or The Crossing: London. Something showing how this phenomenon changed things elsewhere. You would not have to play Europeans, but people around in Europe when they make their crossing.
    I imagine a much less impactful story and a much more personal journey.

What do you guys think? Would there be interest in such a game?

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Funny enough HanSolo29 and me had a European storyline planned, which wasn't picked up by players.

Actually I could even imagine them crossing over (no pun intended) into future games in the Crossingverse.

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    When would it be set? Before the virus or while it is raging?

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I would put it roughly around the Crossing, maybe even before it. The very first Gifted Crossing in Europe. When nobody yet knows a thing about them. Maybe I could even have some characters from the Crossing cameo.

20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Interesting. Let us discuss

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Good luck guys! I made my final post and thanks to @DarkLordoftheFins for letting me do it my way ...

Guess we might see each other again. Timetravel and all that ... but in this timeline Laura Changte has found her end.

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh Laura! We will avenge you ... well probably not me ...

Speaking of which ... dunno how everybody else feels about this ... but I am rather glad to say HE IS BACK! Hail to Sebastian!

23. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh finally ... but he isn't exactly waiting to help us out is he?

24. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    I will let you go first @Mitth_Fisto and you can assume Anna picks up.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So I will be travelling the next weeks and will be mostly in US. Means I won't be around that much. Once I am back in August I plan to speed up the game a lot to push towards what is looking like a finale.