main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm gonna reach lvl 70 with my Jedi Knight before I even finish the KotFE chapters.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Have there been any images of the Dantooine Enclave from KOTOR 1 + 2? Do we know how it looks by SWTOR?

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Scroll 5 posts up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I did, but I don't see the Enclave itself.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    You don't go to the Enclave as of yet. They are thinking of doing something with it later.

kalzeth likes this.
  6. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    The Enclave is not enterable and is only seen from the great distance.

About the Jedi Enclave from Charles Boyd:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    kalzeth, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New Codex Entries!
    New companions (probably related to the upcoming event but I might be wrong).

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
  9. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I am thinking about the old and new companions.

Will we see more of the classic companions such as T7-O1, Kaliyo, Vette and Jorgan from the KOTFE chapters in the new expansion Onslaught?

What about Senya and Arcann?

I know that Kira, Lord Scourge, Zenith and Tharan Cedrax with Holiday will return. I want to see them more than just "hello nice to see you again" after several years and nothing more after it.

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  10. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion

The remote planet Dantooine has been thrust into the center of escalating hostilities between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Spurred on in secret by covert Imperial forces, the Nova Blade pirates have staged an all-out attack on the pastoral Republic world. As the Republic scrambles to defend this key territory at the edge of Imperial space, the Empire plans to capitalize on the chaos and deal a major blow to the longtime Republic bastion.

Event Availability and Requirements

The Pirate Incursion in-game event will initially be available for two weeks after 5.10.3 launches, and then it will join the other recurring events on rotation. Characters level 20 and above can travel to Dantooine and take part in the event.

[​IMG]

The Pirate Incursion

During the event, you’ll embark on a variety of both Normal and Heroic Daily Missions to support your faction’s interests on Dantooine. The Republic aims to drive off the marauding Nova Blades and thwart the small Imperial strike team sent to destabilize the planet, while the Empire will do anything it takes to weaken the Republic’s hold on Dantooine. The Nova Blades have one goal: plunder everything they can, no matter who gets in the way.

With war intensifying across the galaxy, you find yourself in a unique position to influence the outcome at critical moments. Once you complete the storyline on Ossus, you’ll find that your pivotal choice there affects certain missions on Dantooine.

If you’d rather take a stroll under the blba trees and enjoy the view of the ruined Jedi enclave unobstructed by pirates, you’ll have your wish soon. You can still visit and explore Dantooine when the event is not active, and you’ll even find a few Daily Missions unique to the peaceful landscape.

Dantooine has more than daily missions for you to discover, of course. You’ll want to conduct a thorough search of the planet to unlock all the secrets it holds!

[​IMG]

Rewards

Like other recurring in-game events, the Pirate Incursion offers several unique rewards. To earn these rewards, you’ll need to reach the appropriate reputation rank with the event faction by completing dailies and collecting enough tokens to purchase the items you want. Each faction has a vendor in their base on the planet who sells these rewards:
    • Nova Blade and Dantooine Homesteader Armor Sets
    • Ugnaught Companion
    • Walker Mount
    • Kath Hound Mount
    • Kath Hound Mini-pet
    • Dantooine-inspired Stronghold Decorations
    Launch Date

Prepare to visit scenic Dantooine in Game Update 5.10.3: ‘The Dantooine Incursion’ on May 28th, 2019!

11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018

which one of you was this

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Not me!

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    sure :p

bizzbizz, Atollon_Dweller and kalzeth like this.
  15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I wonder what the livestream will show?

16. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Wait, wait, wait. Assumed the name Kreia? This is new, isn't it?

17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    There’s been a theory for years now that Kreia was the mother of Brianna who was Arren Kae and the first Jedi master of Revan.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So is this the next major story update or just something smaller......Im very curious how long this game will be online considering all the shakeups at Bioware and just EA in general

kalzeth likes this.
  19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    the update on June 4th is a small flashpoint like event (rackgoul sized event)

We get the BIG update in September. With two new planets and new corellia flashpoint.

Since there is a contract for 10 years so unless EA want to pay BIG money or get into major legal issues SWTOR still has AT LEAST 2 more years.

Who knows they may even extend the life of the game, since the base work is already done, might be cheaper than building a new game.

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  20. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I know that's an old theory, but I think this might be the first confirmation that her given name isn't actually Kreia

CaptainPeabody and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    It isn't. Atris in Knights of the Old Republic 2 outright says "Kreia? That's not her name" or something like that: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/42756-kreias-real-name/

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    RafSwi7, whiskers, AusStig and 2 others like this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah, here is a good video about Kreia/Arren Kae connection:

kalzeth, whiskers and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    This game is starting to get too disconnected from modern SW. Maybe put Batuu in as a new planet?

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There have been a few ST era references tbh...

25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    um, I don't want to sound rude, but the game is disconnected to the modern EU by being a different universe, so I don't think it should connect with canon.

son_of_skywalker03, Ghost and kalzeth like this.