main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, my third and final part for the OTP challenge is up. :)

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Woohoo! So wonderful to see the stories coming and being finished up! This challenge has been such a success—kudos to you all. =D=

Just a quick reminder that the voting deadline for challenge #10 is in three days, at the very end of the day on Thursday, April 25. Here is the post with all the details. So far only one vote has come in; let's see if we can get more! :D

TheRynJedi likes this.
  3. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I'm trying to find time to read them all. I don't want to skip reading anyone's story, even if the subject/setting isn't "my thing".

4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    One more day to vote, everybody! Let's get 'em in! :D

5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty doo, everyone! Our voting results are in, and I am pleased to announce that we have not just one (1) winner but two (2). That's right, folks, a tie—perhaps no surprise given the very high volume of excellent stories we received this time around. :cool: So, let's hear it for:

Once Bitten by @Jedi_Lover
    and
    All That's Unsung by @Mira_Jade

Congratulations and well done, Jedi_Lover and Mira! [face_dancing] And many, many thanks to all who took part in this challenge—you all did a great job and made this a real success. =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Congratulations @Jedi_Lover and @Mira_Jade! They were both great stories [face_love] And =D==D==D= to everyone who entered—so many good stories, it was a tough choice!

8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow! What an honor. Thanks everybody! And congratulations to @Mira_Jade for her great story!

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats you two!

I can't wait till the next challenge. My muse could use some... focus.

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, you guys, I'm honored! Thank-you so very much! And congratulations to @Jedi_Lover too for a job well done! =D= [face_dancing] [face_party] Seriously, though, there were some fantastic stories this time around; I had such a hard time picking my favourite, personally. So, well done everyone! [face_love] [:D]

Now, I already can't wait to see what's next. :D [face_batting] [face_dancing]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well done to both winners!

A lot of quality on show amongst our first fic responders.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations J_L and Mira!! =D==D=

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations! It was great to see so many entries, too!

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, errrbody... new challenge time! It gives me great pleasure to announce

OTP Thread Challenge #11: Misunderstanding Cleared Up

This challenge was kindly provided by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (thank you, Ny!). Here is how she describes it:

So yes, no lists and roulettes this time—just a prompt that gives us tons of couplistic and OTPical possibilities to work with! [face_dancing]

As usual, the challenge will run for ten (10) weeks, so stories will be due on Friday, July 12. A two-week voting period will follow.

Enjoy, happy writing, and as always feel free to ask any questions! :)

Challenge Index
    Strategic Alliances by Raissa Baiard (featuring Sabine Wren and OC Maximus Ordo)
    Like Someone in Love by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (featuring Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker)
    Words and Actions by Briannakin (NSW: The West Wing, featuring OCs Marc Lyman/Leo Lyman and Elvie Santos/Rose Santos)
    Heir of the Hangover by Jedi_Lover (featuring Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  16. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Woohoo! I’m working on a story that fits nicely with this :D

17. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I can do that with ALL my SWR OTPS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I love this type of story, so I really look forward to this!

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The mush potential is so high! :D [face_love]

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Love it! I love angst and make-up mush! I have a couple ideas!

But I think I want some opinions on one idea (hope this is okay). One of my West Wing OCs has a physical disability and one of my ideas revolves around a misunderstanding of an aspect of his disability by his wife and him misunderstanding something about her actions (I'm still brainstorming exact details). But I know from personal experience (okay, more from my father's experience because I'm single as the come), very few romantic-relationship disagreements actually stem from the challenges surrounding having/being in a relationship someone with a disability; it happens but, you know, people with disabilities get into normal misunderstandings with their S/O too.

I like this idea (also because I can do it without a whole lot of background on the characters) but I also don't want to perpetuate some myth that "everything that goes wrong in a disabled person's life is because they are disabled."

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    mavjade and Findswoman like this.
  21. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Because I need to start more stories--the first chapter of my challenge entry: Strategic Alliances

Findswoman likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Part 1 of Words and Actions is up for the Misunderstandings challenge. It is West Wing, but if you know who Mav's OC's Marc and Leo are, you should be able to get it. It's basically them being marriage councillors for their friends.

This is one of those fics I kinda wrote begrudgingly. The Muse just took off with the idea even though I wasn't sure I wanted to write it.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey everyone! Just a reminder that there are two (2) weeks left to go for the OTP Challenge #11: Misunderstanding Cleared Up, which comes due on Friday, July 12. We've got three wonderful entries so far... let's see if we can get some more! :D

Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you for the reminder! I've got one started, hopefully I can get it finished.