main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The LGA Episode IX thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Aug 4, 2018.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    It's still pretty early but with the announcements of the Ep IX cast and that filming had begun this week I thought we might go ahead and start a thread.

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Billy Dee!

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Billy Dee confirmed!

Interesting title. So many ways you could interpret it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I like the Title, and the trailer, and the live stream; but I Love Billy Dee!
    Dat Shirt tho!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Somewhat related. Stonybrook theater where is usually see our Star Wars films because of their IMAX screen and reserved seats has really gone downhill the last 6 months or so. Movies that don't start on time (just a blank screen) and sound with no picture are a couple of things audience members (including me) have had to get up to find a staff member to fix. I don't know if they don't have a projectionist or it's all computerized now or what. They also have cut back on the number of showings. They rarely open before noon anymore even on weekends (used to be I could see a 10am film). And you can never find a team member when you need one. We'll have to keep an eye on them for December and maybe think of another place for our Skywalker viewing.

6. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I know the parking leaves something to be desired but the Xscape on Blankenbaker is a pretty good place otherwise. I saw a movie from another big franchise over the weekend and was not disappointed. You can also reserve seats online.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I tried the St Matthews Mall theater for Heckboy and it was pretty good too. Good parking but of course the theaters are smaller. Reserved seating. I saw the big franchise movie this weekend at Stoneybrook and they messed it up again. Half way through the trailers they glitched and they had to start the whole thing over again. Sigh. They did show the Rise of Skywalker teaser and sith spit it looked good on the IMAX 3D. Double sigh. Neighbor saw Big Franchise at Preston Crossing and he said it was good. Might look into that as well. Still lots of time to decide.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'll say that, generally speaking, I won't go anywhere other then the Baxter for a film (The Warz being an exception). They used to be the least comfortable seats in town with the worst popcorn, but the renovation has really paid off. Having said that, the screens are nowhere near as large as an IMAX nor have i seen a 3D movie there. Saw 2D Solo there and really enjoyed it.

I still think the best digital projection for 3D is in New Albany. I think Xscape is pretty close for second (and is much bigger too). Stoneybrook is too hit or miss. If they get their stuff together-- IMAX 3d is the best, but that is a big if. Take Solo. When we saw it the picture was sharp and bright. I saw it later and it was dark and washed out.

It's a drive, but the Indiana State Museum in Indy has a 75mm projector. Twice the DPI as Imax! 2x! (read that in Truck Rally voiceover). TWO X X! This SUNDAY!

No idea about who has what in regards to reserved seating.

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    This quote from Vamity Fair makes me happy. Glad to read that GL is still charting the course of the Force:

Citing meetings he’s had with The Force Awakens and original trilogy writer Lawrence Kasdan as well as Rian Johnson and George Lucas, Abrams says the ending they settled on was specifically designed to close a satisfying arc that spans not just these final three films, but the complete Skywalker trilogy. “If a kid is watching all nine movies,” Abrams says, “he or she sees this one path, this inevitability and that’s the challenge of this movie.”

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008

My favorite fan theory is Snap has downloaded Mr. Bones' programming into C3PO [face_skull]

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, I like that theory!

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Another trailer due Monday during MNF because SPORTS.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's funny because I thought of you when I saw the spaceship! crowd shot and how much fun you would have picking out all the different models.
    Me, I'm about the shaggy space horses...Spacehorse!

The Louisville Galactic Alliance will be at the 7:30 Friday showing at Xscape Theater Blankenbaker if anyone wants to join us.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Relin likes this.
  19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I wish it were this Friday.
    Say, you know what those space horses are running on don't you?

A SPACESHIP!

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    More feels...

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Saw it again, and will see it yet gain on Sunday with my padawans... That steam punk bartender on the Christmas village planet looks familiar.. I'll see it more closely on Sunday and report back. ​

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Is it John Williams? I heard he had a cameo and I thought it looked a little like him. Difficult to tell with that thing over his eye.

Mrs Jedimika still hasn't seen it. We're going together NYE.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    On my last viewing, I could see that the cables into Palps's cloned body are connected to the Internet, where he is harvesting the power of Internet Trolls' hate. The force lighting is just a tweet storm.

jedimika likes this.
  25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Unlimited Power!