main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    that doc would've been made and finished long before the finale aired tho.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, the Game of Thrones' YouTube channel typically has D&D comments about each episode with their "Inside the Episode," but didn't have one for the season finale.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GameofThrones

Sure, but I would imagine that it wouldn't too be difficult to talk to D&D a bit during filming. I mean, as noted above, they were able to comment about each episode in their YouTube channel shortly after each episode aired. I'm wondering if they did film D&D talking about the last episode and decided not to release it as it might be further fuel to the backlash.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd watch hours of nothing but table readings.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, yes. That would be a fun Blu-Ray special feature. I’m sure they would want to edit out things that changed but in general? It would be a lot of fun.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Several shows I worked on found them so unuseful we stopped doing them after a few episodes. Kind of surprised GoT still did them.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One failed poisoning attempt resulted in Drogo's wrath. It's safe to say that a successful assassination shortly after that, would have made him vastly more wrathful.

He'd have almost certainly made a beeline for the nearest major seaport, and (as the Dothraki do) demanded stuff in return for not sacking them. Stuff in this case, would have been ships.

Result - Dothraki horde descending on Westeros on a revenge rampage.

7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    After Drogo was dead, repeated attempts would have been wise. Dany was in a very weak position.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You sound like a CIA director :p

solojones and Abadacus like this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Are you suggesting the Sons of the Harpy were a CIA funded coup to overthrow the rightfully chosen leader of Mireen? We would never do that!

I mean...they.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Robert should have had Dany kidnapped and taken to a black site in Lys.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Opinion of this theory, that in the books Bran (or rather the hivemind that absorbs him) will take over Jon's body to become King while Jon himself is trapped in Ghost?

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think Jon will be permanently removed from his body. I think the point of the Varamyr prologue in Dance with Dragons was to foreshadow how Jon's "consciousness" would survive but also how Jon won't be like Varamyr. It would also be silly for him to be in Ghost for two books. The theory also glosses over stuff like Jon coming back from the dead (which would terrify people) and him being an oathbreaker and why people would even support his claim to the throne. These were things the show glossed over but the books would not.

Also I don't know what he's on about with the "Old Gods." It's not explicit but they're pretty clearly just misinterpretations of greenseers connected to the weirwood network.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Ghost likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I saw that, and it's dumb.

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I was just watching a brief set of clips from the documentary showing the read through. Did Lena Heady have to sit through the whole thing, all six episodes, when she has maybe 10 minutes of screen time the whole season?

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    All actors with lines have to sit there. Unless they designate someone to read their lines (one time I had to read the lines for Eric Dane's character's kids for a table read... that got a lot of laughs :p).

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    How pissed must she have been by the end of that. She was essentially only there to sleep with Euron, pine for elephants and behead Missandei.

Anyone know if elephants‘ skin is flame retardant?

Bacon164 likes this.
  19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Considering stone castles aren't immune to dragon fire, no, I don't think elephants would have faired well. We just would have seen a bunch of elephants die, which would have been sad.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, it's like people forget Harrenhall when talking about dragons vs. castles... :p

Jedi Merkurian and solojones like this.
  21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Indeed . she just seemed to spend her time giving dirty looks to everyone for the last 2 seasons.

Jedi Merkurian and Abadacus like this.
  22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Balerion was a particularly large dragon and hasn't been matched since. I think it's implied that his size is what made him able to melt Harrenhal-- that is, smaller dragons would not have been able to accomplish that feat. For example Rhaegal burned Quentyn Martell and the guy survived for a while.

Yeah yeah, "book canon" and "show canon."

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah man, it's canon, like the Bible, there is literally no other way anything could have been handled ever, ever, because this made up fantasy series with dragons and ice zombies actually happened in exactly the way it was depicted, and no one made any decisions about anything in the process. CANON.

ma_petite likes this.
  24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    My tone was mocking. I don't care about "canon." I care about consistency and things making sense, something the show fails at a lot. As with Dany surviving the funeral pyre, the burning of Harrenhal wouldn't have been considered so remarkable if all dragons could do that all the time.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    yankee8255 likes this.
  25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, I get that, I was agreeing with your mocking.