main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Penny and her pig are excellent, and a wonderful part of Tyrion's storyline...

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not sure who to be excited for yet because I just started ADWD and I'm the world's slowest reader.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If GRRM can make Bran being king on the Iron Throne make any damn sense despite being disabled, having no claim, and being a minor, fine. I still don't trust "I heard it from some idiots who heard it from some guy." Like they claimed that Stannis burning Shireen is "from the books" despite Shireen being at the Wall and a long way from her father and his upcoming battle. I think they have an interest in misrepresenting exactly what "from the books" means.

Also, I remember Penny's pig likely being dead because they had to leave her behind. I remember because I was concerned about her and the dog.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I like bacon. I'm assuming Tyrion does as well.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Thank you

darthcaedus1138, 3sm1r, tom and 4 others like this.
  6. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Hy-yuck.

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    It's only a model.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Margaery

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Wacky she's not in that book, or barely is. King's Landing stuff is in Feast for Crows.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I already read about Cersei trying to get her to sex a knight.

12. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Book Daario is obviously Herod III Antipas.

[​IMG]

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oh sure believe the three-eyed raven

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    BLOODRAVEN

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I forgot to mention in my previous rant discussion about him that he's likely the figure Melisandre thinks of as the "Great Other." I don't trust him!

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Taking fan pledges to go use, cash raised for Emilia Clarke's charity

solojones likes this.
  18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Ans hooked up to a tree well north of the wall.

As I’ve said, I could see it (There’s a theory about this at Wetseros.org that’s been around for a while). This is one instance where I don’t think the pacing of the show was a problem, far more that the show didn’t know what to do with magic other than lighting fires, raising wights and Bran’s flashbacks. All we’ve seen Bran do for 2 seasons is roll his eyes and act like he found massive stores of weed up north.

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    It was reddit, not westeros. Here’s the link for those interested.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, I believe Isaac when he says that Bran will end up King in the books as well. So that will no longer be a surprise of course when it happens. Though I look forward to a more eloquent and poetic version of how we get there from GRRM.... if he ever blah blah blah

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That theory seems to be arguing that Bran will be King in the North, which is a lot more plausible given that he is the next in line and the problems I've brought up wouldn't apply. He'd only need to get his ass south of the Wall again and show everyone that he's not dead.

Also I don't understand why the post emphasizes "Bran the Broken" by bolding it. The showrunners have reappropriated book terms before e.g., the Night's King.

And one more thing: Westeros has already had a (mentally) "broken king" who arguably suffered as much if not more than Bran. Aegon III was not a great king.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh finally, a fantasy series incorporating the Fisher King. At last.

23. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The thing that makes me think Bran might end up King in the books is that I don't think it's the type of ending D&D would have had unless they were absolutely forced into it.

They have no idea what to do with magic in general and Bran in specific (even forgetting about him for an entire season.) he does nothing useful the final season till they stuff him on the throne for no apparent reason. So why did they decide that a character they were bored with and clearly incapable of writing properly would be King? Because they had no choice.

Admittedly Im more of a books fan, having watched almost none of the show. So take it how you will.

yankee8255 likes this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I wonder if, in the books, Bran wargs into Drogon to kill Daenerys as she prepares to execute Tyrion/Jon, and through controlling Drogon he'll be able to enforce his own rule when he's "elected" by the Council of Lords & Ladies.

But yeah, Bran as King has echoes of "God-Emperor of Dune" as well as Plato's Philosopher-King, and more modern variants of a disinterested benevolent Artificial Intelligence being more capable of governing us than any dictator or democracy.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ghost the God Emperor is a bad thing, unlike the Philosopher King (in Plato's opinion); I know we've had this argument but please actually read the Dune series. :p