main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'd give it a month or so before the magazine article, only because of the relatively late teaser trailer reveal. Don't quote me though, it's just my intuition!

Darth Buzz likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll definitely look at the shots. Probably won't read any articles though.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  3. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I think we might be getting the Vanity Fair Covers tomorrow!! Here's to hoping! I have decided I will check out the shots but not read the articles like @TCF-1138

TheYodaPagoda, Sarge and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Vanity Fair photos and Behind The Scenes look about to show up on GMA this hour!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    The photos are amazing!!! I would definitely avoid if you don't want to know anything about the film. I did not read the article, but did find out some names for characters.

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm happy to be completely and utterly wrong on this. Plus the article is AMAZING.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Reached a milestone today!

We are officially less than 200 days away from The Rise of Skywalker!!

TCF-1138 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  8. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
  9. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    We have almost made it through June which will likely be the last month left with no new TROS promotion material. Based on previous movie marketing/promotion, we can probably expect something along the lines of:

July: SDCC (possible poster, BTS, or just a panel of new info)
    August: D23 (possible poster, BTS, panel of info, or VERY small chance of a second teaser)
    September: EW / Empire Magazine Covers and stories
    October: OFFICIAL TRAILER!
    November: TV Spots (wont watch any)
    December: The Rise of Skywalker, concluding 40+ years of storytelling
    January: Mourning, as we realize there isn't going to ever be another Skywalker movie, and the next Star Wars movie isn't for 3 years.

Enjoy the ride folks, and don't wish it to get here too fast. Because when those end credits show up on December 19th, that will be it. It will be OVER. I can feel the tears already.

10. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I won't watch any of the TV spots either, and after the movie comes out, I watch them and wonder "wow, who approved this being released?"
    I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy, and let's not forget we have a TV series coming out called "The Mandalorian" which looks pretty awesome. That's all I'm saying here!

Darth Buzz likes this.
  11. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    There is also Disney's Galaxy's Edge, so Star Wars won't be going in hibernation after Rise of Skywalker. Besides, those 3 years will probably pass by quickly. There was a loooooooong hiatus between the original trilogy and the prequels (and another hiatus between the prequels to the sequels), and in between the years, Star Wars hasn't faded much in popularity.

I think there might two trailers, which I think is likely. One might be a retrospective trailer, similar to re-release trailers, that could highlight the saga as it has already been.

12. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I probably came across a bit too negative in my post above. There is still A LOT of Star Wars to look forward to in the near future. I am very excited for all of it. It's just the Skywalker Saga is something that we all have now grown up with, so it is going to be saddening to see it end. Its been a long time coming, and we can only hope it has an epic conclusion.

13. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    They’re certainly going to try for one, we can be sure of that, and if it’s anything like what I’m speculating, “epic” may even be an understatement. A bit more than five months to go before we all find out.

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Buzz like this.
  14. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    150 days away from TROS!! Starting to sneak up on us ever so slightly!

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    There's a lot of stuff coming out, book covers showing stuff I don't want to see, and books & comics that I won't read until after I watch The Rise of Skywalker. It's going to be interesting to say the least, keep vigilant against spoilers, folks!

TCF-1138 and Darth Buzz like this.
  16. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Couple more weeks until D23, when we will likely be getting our first poster and a BTS video for TROS! Things are about to start moving very fast with Posters, Trailers, BTS, Magazine Covers/Articles, Cast interviews, and much more! I will probably only watch the Trailer and check out the poster, other than that I will be in ghost mode after the official trailer hits!

17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Does anyone else feel like some stupid publications put borderline spoilers in their headlines? I use Apple News and I swear every day now there's an article in my feed with a headline that seems like it will give something away. I try my best to skip past without reading it. So frustrating... These publications should make the headlines as spoiler free as possible.

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Buzz like this.
  18. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Speaking of book covers, I would not recommend looking at either The Art of TRoS or the Visual Dictionary, particularly if you're potentially sensitive to what could be very interesting and revealing symbolism.

19. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Those were the precise book covers I was referring to.
    I don't think whoever posts news on those sites has any idea that people are trying to avoid spoilers about the movie, they're just reporting news that people want to read. Which of course, I don't want to read either!

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They could do with getting a bit more of a clue!

21. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    125 Days [face_nail_biting]

One week until D23, where we will get more info on TROS, Mandalorian, and possibly more.

This is where the fun begins!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Is there any information concerning possible reveals and other Lucasfilm content at D23, now that it's only days away?

23. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Diseny+ Panel is on Friday. It will likely have our first Mandalorian Trailer and possibly more information on other projects.

The Rise of Skywalker Panel is on Saturday. I'm sure JJ will be there with some of the cast, and we might get a BTS video and/or a Poster.

Exciting times!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    TCF-1138 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I heard that some panels at D23 will be live streamed this year. Hopefully "some" means the SW ones. :)

I think D23 might give us a teaser poster for TROS, but I'm not expecting the actual theatrical poster just yet. A BTS reel sounds likely though, as we got one for both TFA and TLJ. Some are speculating that we'll get a trailer for TROS this weekend, but I highly doubt it. The only trailer will probably be for The Mandalorian, while the TROS one will be released in November (along with the poster) like previous years.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I saw an updated Mandalorian image on the instagram page... very cool!

Darth Buzz likes this.