main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I read in one rumor lomg ago that Vader fell into vat of burning acid dueling Kenobi. How that would feature at the Jedi Temple is a mystery. But I argue Kenobi could have crushed Anakin’s chest like Windu did to General Grevious in the Clone Wars Anime. Or perhaps Anakin used Force Lightning from his left hand, and Obi tedirects it to his chest.

BlackRanger likes this.
  2. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    Maybe not very unpopular but Panaka should have had a larger role in TPM and probably the other two prequels as well.

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Padme in TPM alone has more of a character arc then Leia had in the OT.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Deleted

5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I like Panaka. I got all excited when I saw him in a Dr. Who episode, as I hadn't seen him in anything since TPM.

6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Rey’s arc in The Last Jedi was almost as socially regressive as Padme’s arc in Revenge of the Sith, disguised by her fighting and piloting abilities.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Oops: literally misread the above post. Never mind.

8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Aurra Sing ought to have been utilized as a real character in the PT, rather than only having a cameo in TPM.

Zam Wessel and Lord Tyranus were both killed off prematurely.
    Zam, the changeling, was GL's initial concept for Sidious's apprentice until he came up with having Christopher Lee play a character. Zam should have survived at least until the battle of Geonosis, if not longer, and should have had development as one of Dooku's secret apprentices.

And Tyranus should have never been killed off at the beginning of RotS, but rather remained a player up until the climax of the film; maybe being killed by Kenobi. All of this would not only give much more screen time to one of SW's greatest actors and villains, it would have eliminated the need for the existence of Grievous, one of the most egregious SW characters of all.

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    [​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This. Exactly.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Finn should've been one of Luke's Jedi Order members from the start.

Leia in TFA is a passive character

Ahsoka was and still is annoying in the first two seasons of TCW.

Luke and Anakin's character development is rushed between ESB and ROTJ and AOTC and TCW movie.

AOTC is one of the most progressive SW films overall.

Way too many characters in SW contain generic hero, two dimensional personalities instead of complex and multi-faceted emotional development.

12. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    - Leia should've hugged Chewie after Han's death - not Rey! Instead they walked right by each other and said nothing!
    - There should've been a fitting memorial ceremony for Han! No closure whatsoever for this iconic character beloved by millions for 40 years!
    Really Disney??

christophero30 and Chromide like this.
  13. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    How about 'Star Wars was ruined once it was purchased by Disney'?

14. The Old Republic era is the only interesting era of Star Wars
    If someday they do a reboot of the Prequels and the Original Trilogy I would not care
    Disney already ruined my experience watching those movies

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
  15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The Last Jedi saved Star Wars and will be known as the film that brought it to new heights as a franchise. Check back on this around 12/22/19

16. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    .....what.....?

17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I won't argue about someone's opinion on a thread with the title 'unpopular opinions' as that would be counter productive. But if you are basically saying SW needed saving in the first place then I think this wins the thread as most unpopular opinion :p

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    After the PT, SW needed saving.

Avnar likes this.
  19. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    I loved the prequels.... though admittedly, I first got into SW in 2011, as an 11 year old. I think younger fans like myself got into SW because of the Prequels.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My 14-year-old first got into Star Wars, other than my showing him the OT, via TCW. He lost interest after TFA though.

I think there will always be a “this generation’s Star Wars,” or at least will be for awhile, and it will be interesting to see which generation has the longest-lasting fans.

Chromide and Darth Buzz like this.
  21. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    I think we can all agree that children have not been particularly interested in Disney Star Wars given the abysmal amount of toy sales in recent years.

Chromide likes this.
  22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely! I remember reading a rumor back in the day before the release of AOTC, that Aurra Sing was hired to kill Anakins mother and this is what tipped him over the edge...

Her design is amazing.

Chromide and Dagobahsystem like this.
  23. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Toys sales in general are way down. Kids don’t play with toys as much as they used to. Video games are taking over lol

Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  24. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    The PT has by far the best story line of the three trilogies

25. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    The problems of SW are not what Disney of LFL under Disney is doing with it. Its the fandom with gloryfication and godlike appreciation of the Originals and its overblown and by far never to be fullfilled expectations about new content. Its the fandom with its imagination of ownership over the franchise and imagination of knowing whats best for the franchise, movies and characters. Its the fandom which fights withhin itself since over 20 years because fans cant comprehent their own disappointment over not liking a movie when its cleary themselfs who they should blame because not liking a certain thing is the problem of the individual person.

JoshieHewls and Darth Buzz like this.