main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    is it okay to post about MSW rumors/spoilers if they're tagged? If not then just remove the post.
    But if we trust in MSW's words then
    Kylo and Rey vs Palpatine's host body serves as the final battle of the movie, so Palps will be the main antagonist not just a cameo

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Vanity Fair article did say a few times

that Rey and Kylo's Force connection "goes deeper" which makes me assume they are still connected. I walked out of Last Jedi thinking they were still connected, everyone else told me differently that the door slamming shut = Rey closing the connection. But I do think there's stronger drama if they still have a Force link continuing throughout. Maybe it's either constant and unlocked or they have attach mentally willingly or I just totally misread the quote about the Force connection

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That led me to think that...

Snoke wasn't really dead, but if Palpatine was using him as a host body, their continued connection would make even more sense despite Snoke's body being killed.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I am all in on Snoke is a Palpatine Deformed Clone Beta Version that got notions of Galaxy domination in it's malformed brain and got too big fer it's dang britches, dangit.

5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Or a lightning rod to distract Luke and company?

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I really try not to theorize all that much and instead leave it to the professionals but

Snoke being a part of Palpatine's Grand Resurrection Plan that went kinda sideways on it's own would be something I would like. and that's why Kylo had to take him out cuz Snoke had to get Got! Kylo's been working for Palpatine this whole time, dahhh!

I am like 95% certain we will see a connection between Snoke and Palpatine eventually. Even if it's not in Rise of Skywalker. but I totally do almost entirely expect one here. During a cackling monologue too.

Revanfan1 and PCCViking like this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Novel ARC Copy Spoilers are in the wild, beware! ARC copies had been given to many companies and people and even some fans at events past and present.

Galaxy's Edge Novel Spoilers that may relate to EpiIX:

EpiIX related intel:
    -Book is set 4 months after TLJ
    -The First Order reigns surpreme because the galaxy does NOT know that Starkiller Base has been destroyed and the Resistance on the run is too small to properly inform them or use that intel.
    -Savi and the Gatherers knew Lor San Tekka, he grew up with him, shared interests. Savis sells lightsabers, the Resistance wants them to arm itself with some but Savi is selling to all parties or at least neutral believing in balance yadda.
    -Lor San helped Luke find the Ach-To temple and tried to cover his and Lukes tracks until later Poe tracked him down and he had to get the map again.

Conclusions: So it was indeed Lor San who split the map, brought R2 back etc.? Lor San went to Ach-To with Luke? Or at least found it with him before the massacre and later on remembered Luke could have gone there?

Spoilersource with may more spoilers about Vi, Cardinal, Baatu etc. here:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    So...

based on that info I think: at some point, Han and Leia send Ben to train under Luke; somehow, they know Snoke and Ben falls under his influence. Ben attacks Luke and slaughters most of the students (some apparently joining him). Between the massacre, Luke suspects Snoke is tied to Palpatine and that the latter may not be as dead as he thought. As depressing and discouraging his nephew's turn would be, the fact that his father's old Sith master may be alive would complete his emotional descent, believing all is lost.

Lor San Tekka may not know that Luke intends to die, merely thinking that Luke just needs some time to find more information until he was ready.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    What if the darkness he saw in Kylo was actually Palpatine? What if he thought Kylo is carrying Palpatines spirit? Trying to kill him sounds more reasonable... until he couldn't cause he knew him since he was a baby and he never could kill Han and Leia's kid. Thus believing his return inevitable Luke wanted to die.

The question always is, who did the spirit latch on to after Endor. Snoke? Or someone present at Endor? The Alliance stayed there for a while, when Leia was pregnant even. What if Palpatines spirit latched on to Kylo but could not take him over but just rode along. His contingency plan unfolded without him until Snoke suspected the spirit may be within Kylo and ever since then tried to get close to the boy. The Empire or those few in the know were looking for whoever might carry the Emperors spirit. Most likely they were looking for children, and the Emperor reborn. This may also tie into Rey's fate later on if she is suspected as a kid to carry the spirit due to her force sensitivity as a baby, parents flee trying to hide her.
    Once Kylo finally got to Snoke, the spirit could latch on to Snoke and the Snokeperor then guided Kylo to become a more suiting host until Kylo turned on him with Rey in TLJ. Then the Emperors spirit clinged to Snokes black diamond obsidian ring waiting for a new host given he neither could take Kylo or Rey again. Cue EpiIX and him taking over a Knight of Ren.

Edit Add on: If Kylo killed one Emperor host with Snoke in TLJ, that may set up his redemption indeed a bit more. He wasn't just trying to get rid of Snoke but the Emperor once he figured it out with help from Vaders spirit? And given he knew the spirit may once have been a part of him (learning that somehow?) he may try to kill it to no longer be torn apart for maybe that feeling of being torn apart stemmed from the long time Palpatine had been within him riding along as if a part of him, which he then knew was not true and he was not that side.

PCCViking and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I saw a interesting leak for Black Spire book that could fit into Ep 9

At one point, Vi mentions an upcoming assignment that involves infiltrating a Star Destroyer that has been given to a new unit in the Resistance, code-named “Green Team.” The book concludes just as the 709th and Kylo Ren arrive at Batuu, which is when the land’s story takes place while guests are there. Could this be the mission we’re being sent on in the upcoming attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?
    So basically

A bit of this

And a bit of this

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
    AusStig likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I liked ROTJ. I never got to see it on the big screen, so I'm glad I'll see the next best thing.

Giant slug, Death Star 2, Palpatine showdown, desert planet... I bet Luke has a ghost conversation with Rey like Obi-Wan did with him in ROTJ.

13. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I dont know what that means!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe if Palpatine comes back, it could explain the long running dilemma (and not just in Star Wars) of why, if a confirmed afterlife exists (Force Ghosts) that rewards the good and punishes the bad (hard proof we don't have in the real world), why would anyone choose to be evil?

Nom von Anor likes this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Probably nothing more than Keri likes the script. People are reading way too much into it, and especially from the point of view of a hardcore fan who's followed all of the recent debates; Keri isn't one of those.

16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Only about three living people in-universe actually know the afterlife exists as of the OT. We also don't know if the afterlife rewards or punishes, and nobody in-universe seems to either.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Because they believe they can get away with it.
    Or that their acts are not evil.

AusStig likes this.
  18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Ghost Luke: Rey, I'm going to have to tell you that Jedi afterlife is rather dull. There's a reason why Yoda and Qui-Gon say you need complete non-attachment to get there. Palpatine's afterlife is much more interesting. :eek:

Rey: Why is he trying to come back then if it's so great where he is?

Ghost Luke: He's trying to warn everyone that the Jedi way leads to a dull non-attachment afterlife. He wants people to have fun in his afterlife with all the attachments. From his point of view, he's actually trying to save the galaxy by leading them to a better place. To be honest, after how dull it is here, I find it hard to argue with him.

Rey: :eek:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I had a weird dream about Episode IX last night...

It began at an inuniverse spaceship museum displaying all kinds of old ships from Prequels to OT era as a boring guide droid lead a group of Aleena tourists through the exhibition. When they pass a YT-1300 looking suspiciously like the Falcon, the droid is confused as to this one is not supposed to be here. Stormtroopers patroling in the background, suddendly alarms blaze as museum piece ships come to life and fire up engines, lights etc. from small Starfighters to larger ones like Blockade Runners and other parked medium sized cruisers. Tourists run in panic as the droid attempts to calmly tell them it is just a routine emergency testalarm as ships begin to lift off and Stormtroopers rush to stop them with no chance to do so. Cue Poe and gang liberating old ships for the Resistance heading past orbital First Order ships into hyperspace. Yet as the First Order ships mobilize and move out of orbit to chase the relic ship thieves, the camera pans back to their spacedock where a small group of people rush to have a go at stealing some larger brandnew cruisers out of spacedock too. Meanwhile Museum director and First Order Admiral heading the recycling, refurbishing and redistrubation of old ships curses at his own forces as Destroyers are stole straight out of spacedocks.

jedisor likes this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

All I know is that if the Palpatine stuff meets my specific needs this movie gets a 10/10, nothing else matters ;p

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

how do you envision it then, what does it need to check off for your 10/10?

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Just a sense of personal awe and some Palpatine cheesy goodness

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

so long its no redheaded young naked Palpatine clone stepping out of a clone tank :p

Scary thought of the moment: What if Kylo DOES finish what Vader started? Vader tried to get Padmé back from the dead on Mustafar via his castles portal as per Marvel comics and Vader Immortal. But he never finished that!
    What if Kylo attempts to get Vader or someone back from the dead... and instead frees Palpatine from certain death. No clones and all? No masterplan of Palps around all the time. Just an Oops I screwed up Kylo Ren bringing the wrong corpse back to life.

That'd portal stuff would also fit the rumors and Art of EpiIX cover regarding a Rey vs Kylo fight across time and space.

Darth_Pevra and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You better believe it bub!

But in all seriousness...If it gives me the same chills as this, I'm good

ColeFardreamer likes this.