main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Brands you have banned and the reasons why...

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jun 25, 2019.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Chick-fil-A
    I hate Christians who hate gays. This is so hard because I like those damn waffle fries.

UnderArmor
    Ive never owned or thought of ever buying any of their products. But I’ve banned them anyway because the owner seems like a douche and he big game hunts.

Please tell me about your banned brands so maybe I can add them to my list.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Chick-Fil-A and Five Guys because they cook in peanut oil and I'm allergic to it :p

Master_Lok likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Papa John’s because the owner is a racist ***hole. And even before I knew that, he was whining about “having to” charge more for pizza in order to cover his employees with the ACA and still keep his mansion with the lake behind it. (If he has to charge more for pizza, he wasn’t adequately covering his employees’ health care anyway.)

Hormel and Smithfield Farms because they let animals drown in the eastern NC hurricanes and were very clear that they didn’t give a ****.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Catholicism

Jedi Daniel and Fifi Kenobi like this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    In seriousness, Papa Johns for the same reasons Anakinsfan mentioned. But also because I hate Peyton Manning. And their pizza sucks. All of it. It's just a terrible brand.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Jimmy Johns. Another prick of an owner.

7. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Papa john's because I had to endure endless Peyton Manning commercials during football games. I will also ban this thread from now on since Vin is it's owner.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Anything made by Kardashian/Jenners. I refuse to give these fake celebrities any of my money.

9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Jo Brand .

she's never been funny.

jp-30 likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Heyday; Target’s own brand of electronics, but specifically the headphones... break down way too fast, and get too loose in the ear.

Newport... how does this have such a huge share of the menthol market? Awful smoke.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hershey Corporation and all subsidiaries. Because arguing that if you stop using child slave labor the result of increased prices to your consumers would be "unacceptable" is, frankly, beyond unacceptable. And being unwilling - not unable - to actually map out your supply chain to identify slave labor is not an excuse. Nestle, too.

CFA and Papa John's as mentioned above.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think a little research reveals that a majority of these giant corporations are owned by "pricks". with that in mind, i almost never eat at fast food or chain restaurants and try to support small businesses and shop locally. unfortunately, that's not always possible, but i do make a conscious effort.

13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Papa Johns for the reasons listed above ( though I try to avoid major chain pizza in general on account of most of it isn't very good.)

I'll add Five Guys, I think thier burgers and fries are bland and indistinguishable from cheaper fast food burger places while at the same costing significantly more. It's just not worth it to go there.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Dominoes begs to differ. It's chain pizza that's actually decent and not too expensive. I actually find most local pizza places to be overpriced and underwhelming.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    facebook-free since 2005, and thankful.

16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, Dominos isn't bad, I think Papa Murphys is pretty solid too, even though it's exclusively take and bake. I'm fortunate to have some pretty good local places in my area too, which is nice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    solojones likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well yeah Papa Murphy's is fine but it's not delivery of course.

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I think the idea is that it should require effort.

Juliet316, Diggy and tom like this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Not that I eat chicken to begin with, but KFC can go **** themselves for refusing to reveal where their chickens come from (at least in Sweden). You just know their chicken comes from the very worst kind of chicken factories.

I've only ever eaten at McDonald's twice in my life, and that was literally decades ago, but their food is just terrible in every way. Though I have to admit I'm a bit curious about the McVegan, so maybe I'll try that some time. Expecting it to be disgusting like the rest of their food though.

Also, I hate everything Apple, but I am forced to use a Mac at work, so I've only banned them in my private life. The reason I hate Apple - specifically their computers - is that they are like real computers only worse and more expensive, and I'm supposed to look at that as a luxuary, just because they "look cool". Screw that.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh yeah, personally I don't buy anything Apple. I too have to use Apple at work, though.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Angel Soft toilet paper. The Koch brothers own it.

22. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it's impossible, I mostly don't try unless something is particularly egregious.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if you think domino's is good pizza, i can only conclude you've never had good pizza. :p

unfortunately, the local places around here aren't too great either. if i want to declare pizza i have to drive like 40 minutes or make it at home.

25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Thank you everyone.

I’ve updated my ban list.

Chick-Fil-A
    UnderArmor
    Papa John’s(forgot this was on my list for reasons mentioned
    Hormel
    Smithfield
    Hershey chocolates