main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Testing the (Running) Water

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I would be up for both the Marengo and the Autism 5k

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Holy Sith I need to get into better shape.
    Or.
    Any shape but pear.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Me too! It's been a bad winter with the stress eating (work) and the laziness (no race goals to work towards). I figure we'll walk the Autism 5K like we did last year. Just a sociable ambulation talking the Warz.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, Twisty got back to me and said they're doing the Throo the Zoo but for the Autism Walk they're just doing the 1 mile walk. I'll probably still do the 5K for the Autism (I still can't make the zoo). I'll walk if Mrs Jedimika goes with or walk/jog it if she doesn't.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Let us know how it goes at the zoo this weekend!

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Nice group walk at the Autism 5K this weekend, thanks for coming out.

Iroquois Hill Runners have their Summer run schedule up
    Pizza Pig Out 5k June 19 ($3 for all you can eat pizza)
    Ice Cream Social 5K July 17 ($3 and Ice Cream after the race)
    Toys for Tots Poker Run 5K August 21 (a toy to run and all kinds of great raffles and prizes)

I'm working for the Pizza Run and don't have my schedule yet for July so we'll see.

7. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I've signed up for the Marengo one if anyone wants to join me

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hmmm. Really not in shape for this (been stress eating because of work again...sigh). Could fast walk it, it seems like a unique/fun event. I also work until 11PM Friday night but I've run on less sleep. Depends on weather too. We'll say I'm 80% but I'll wait until race day to fully commit and register. I'll keep you posted via text if that's okay.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Public apologies to Relin for bailing on him this morning. I overslept a little so I was rushed and tired and cranky. I made it to Marengo but the rally point was off of a little two lane country road so traffic was really backed up. Probably would have been okay if I would have gotten there earlier. As it was I was in no mood so I just kept on going and went home. Relin, I would like your assessment of the race and if it was worth it. I was worried that the sign up page said the race started at the middle school and finished in downtown Marengo. I really didn't feel like having to walk all the way back to my car after a 5K. Was that what happened?

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Next couple of races for me (weather and health permitting) will be the Iroquois Toys for Tots run Aug 21 and the Gaslight 5K on Sept 11. Really having to adjust my running expectations this year.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did the Toys for Tots run. Brought lots of Star Wars toys for the kids. Took it easy and walked on the uphills and jogged on the downhills. 37:35. Didn't hang around for the festivities afterwards, had too much to do at home.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did the Gaslight with the wife. She wanted to walk it so I walked with her. Made an evening of it. Registered right they opened at 5 o'clock then ate dinner on the square at the Mac House and then did the walk at 7. Nothing on my calendar until probably the YMCA turkey trot. Will probably do a 5K this year instead of a 10K.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Good for you!

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Relin likes this.
  15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Some Iroquois Park Run dates for this year...
    Pizza Run June 18
    Ice Cream Run July 16
    Both runs at 6:30P as usual and only about $3. No date for the Toys for Tots Run that I can find yet.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I didn't mention it ahead of time because I was unsure of it right up until the day of but I ran the Run the Bluegrass this weekend. I didn't do the half marathon like I had in the past but they also offer a 7 mile race so I signed up for that. I'd been picking up my running the last 2 months or so to get ready. I seem to be more motivated if I have a goal to work towards. I finished in about 1 hour and 24 minutes and the rain held off until the last mile or so.

I got a save the date card from the Autism 5K which some of us have done in the past at the Parklands. June 1 which is Wonderfest weekend. So maybe a LGA double header day?
    https://runsignup.com/Race/KY/Louisville/OutrunningAutism5K?remMeAttempt=

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Officially signed up for the Throo the Zoo today.

19. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Signed up for Throo the Zoo as well

jedimika likes this.
  20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Texted Mindtwister today and he and B- are registered as well.

Jammies??

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Jammies is still doing PT. :(

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good walk through the zoo yesterday. Good weather and we even got medals at the finish. Looking forward to the next time we can get together for a walk.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Turns out my employer is one of the sponsors for the upcoming Autism 5K so I was able to score a free registration. I'll be there.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Autism 5K was ok. Warm, ended up having to walk a lot. Finished in about 35 minutes. Afterwards I went to my car and saw they had parked a second row behind the first row (me) leaving no room to get out. Fortunately the people behind me had left so I was able to get out or I would have been stuck for who knows how long. I was plenty irked and no one to complain to since the parking volunteers were no longer around. Probably not going to do this one again though.

Looks like I'm working the night of the Pizza Run but should be good for the Ice Cream Run.

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ice Cream run was looking good for me this Tuesday night but weather is looking a little iffy with the remains of tropical storm Barry coming in. This will be a game day decision I think.
    Ran across (heh) another zoo run coming up but not put on by the zoo. Sarcoma 5K August 17 at the Zoo. Inaugural year. No cash day of registration...check or credit/debit only. I'm working that day so I'm out.
    https://p2p.onecause.com/rtcslouisville