main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, for the week of and after Celebration, they would be unwise not to institute something to keep people from doing that. Then again, based on how things are going, it could very well be the first time in a long time that Batuu is packed all day every day for a couple of weeks.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm hoping they do another Galactic Nights so I can just hit Disney in one day. I'm going to Disney World in December of this year so I'll get my GE fix then. I'd like to take my son into LA and sight see instead of doing the park for multiple days.

3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    If I was going to try to get into GE, it would be to pick up some goodies(for me!) and try some of the food, I've also been to Disneyland in the past(college, and on my 13th birthday and other times) and yes, a 4 hour limit may have to be imposed in order for everyone to get a chance to enjoy themselves, a crowd at the Cele. time should be expected, they would probably need several squads of troopers if everyone stayed over the limit, who knows

4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    There's a Target near the convention center and surrounding hotels, my brother and I went there to grab some stuff twice in 2015.

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks @BrentC007 :)

As for GE, yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if some form of crowd control has to come back for the Celebration period. Probably not the advanced registration and 4 hour time slots, but they may have to use the boarding pass system for access to the land. At the very least you'll need to be quick off the mark to book Savi's or the cantina each morning.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not even going to try for GE if there are too many people. I must be one of very few fans who aren't very interested in it.

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, merch is always first for me as well, woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It looks like Lyte is back up for anyone wanting on the waiting list.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    So, this will be my first Celebration, I’m so excited to finally attend one because when I was a kid I was always just watching the photos and dreaming of going.

I’m more excited for the experience, since I don’t expect a lot from the big panels, but what is the best option? Thursday or Sunday? I would like to try a photo-op or maybe a book signing by the writers team but I guess that makes more sense to happen on Sunday?

I would try GE and maybe get around LA, when is the forum meeting?

Padme501st likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's really impossible to say as guests are there on different days. Generally the last day of a con is lighter. I'd get both days if you can and then you can do other stuff on the days in between or try to get resale tickets through Lyte. It's really hard to experience Celebration in just one day, especially your first time. We're still over a year away. We probably won't finalize any forum meet ups until like a week before when we know the schedule.

12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    If I can get a day or 2 before Celebration, I would visit Galaxy's Edge. I cannot imagine trying to go during the 4 days of Celebration..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    @star_wars_is_good is right, getting both would be better as SWC is a lot to take in. Thursday is likely to have the ESB's 40th panel (which should be streamed to the show floor even if you don't win the lottery) but Sunday is likely to be quieter for things like book signings (but still get to the signing early) and you may get better deals from some of the vendors. Photo Ops is a tough call because if they run it like Chicago most guests won't be there all days, and there's no way of knowing who will be there on each day until much closer to the time.

It might be a good time to go. Personally my plan is to go after and I'd only go during Celebration if they do a Galactic Nights event. But that's because I have a 4 day badge. If I didn't have all days I'd be very tempted to check out Galaxy's Edge on my off days. It could be crazy busy, or SWC could have the same effect GE did when it opened and the expected crowds actually made it quieter. Definitely worth keeping an eye on crowds if you're there and have a free day during the convention.

Noir Deux and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm going to try to go to GE the day before Cele. I really like those toys! not all, a few and to try the food. I want to totally devote the rest of the time to Cele. activities.

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Whether it's before, during, or after Celebration, going to GE in this close of a proximity to Celebration, both time wise and geographically, is an experience that ought to be well worth it, regardless of what the crowds might be.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Cross-posting from Collecting:

Just a note for those flying to Galaxy's Edge - the TSA have banned the 'thermal detonator' Coke bottles from flights.

CNBC Story

Whether this will be changed before Celebration remains to be seen.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    And apparently all cleared up already [face_laugh]

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lady Proxima saw through the ruse.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    If that was the case for the Coke bottles, I'd just send mine home through the mail with others goodies. I really would like a couple of those bottles, does anyone know if they are made of glass? That would make them extra special.

21. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Plastic, at the least the one I saw that came from Disneyland. I doubt the one from DisneyWorld would be any different.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure they are plastic. Someone in another thread suggested removing the top part to another location and putting the round part in a box. If TSA ask, say it's a Christmas gift (ornament).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Padme501st likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

24. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    It’s all from a certain point of view. You see a bomb and I see a Christmas ornament

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So mad that the only direct flight Stockholm-Los Angeles has been cancelled from January.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk