main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2019 - Voting for 2018 Diaries Now Through 1-25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 16, 2018.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  3. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @CaraJinn , @Volund Starfire , @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 , @Raissa Baiard , @earlybird-obi-wan , @Anedon @RX_Sith , @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Hi everyone, just a couple of notes as we're approaching the halfway point of the year. :)

First of all, Pandora and I have been doing the weekly update of the thread by checking every single diary every single week and it's been more work than we anticipated. Only one or two participants have been mailing PM's to keep us updated.

This is not to scold anyone as this was pretty much the expectation we'd set. But practically speaking, it's not working in terms of the time it takes. So we're making the following changes.

1. Writers need to PM about all updates

OR

2. Let us know if there's an ongoing thing (health crisis etc) that means you really can't manage to PM. You don't have to say what the issue is, we trust your judgment.

If you can in these cases, please let us know about how often you plan to update. (Some of you have done just this, and it is very helpful.)

Thanks!

---

Also, check out these new diaries. :)
    The Journal of Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus, Jedi Action Hero (or Something) by Raissa Baiard
    There is Something in the Void by Anedon
    Reawakening of The Force by RX_Sith
    "Truth in a Whisper" by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Agents of Thrawn by starbuck_archer

And kudos to our continuing full-year diary writers, @CaraJinn , @Volund Starfire , @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 , and @earlybird-obi-wan. Congrats on your persistence, you're doing a fantastic job! =D=

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kahara and @Pandora -- I'll be updating every other week and will be glad to PM with each one. My next update will probably be in the next few days.

Q. Do you need a link for the actual update or will just saying something like "I updated X today" be enough? ;)

5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, either one will do just fine -- we just need to know the update is there to go and check. I usually have the index open in a tab while updating, so I can easily access the link from there once I know where to go. The link-in-PM method is slightly faster, but not so much that you need to bother with it unless you want to. Thanks! :)

(Side note for everyone that I just thought of and I'm not sure is common knowledge. Many of our participants have a single PM thread that they comment on each time they update, and this works fine. You don't have to start a new PM thread each time unless that's easier for some reason.)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I dunno if I sent a PM for any of my updates. My only excuse is I forgot I was supposed to. Sorry. My bad.

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, no worries! We know not everyone has read the rules in a while and we had kind of waived that one to boot. This is just something that we'd like people to do going forward.

8. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Okay just updated my diary and send a PM to the stock about it.

Volund Starfire and Kahara like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Question: Would it be cheating to ask for beta help part way through my DDC story?

Findswoman likes this.
  10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Kahara likes this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Good to know. :D

Kahara likes this.
  12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    So after some back and forth and with DRL being pretty demanding this werks I've made the descision to pull my diary out of the competetition. Will still see to finish it though but at a slower pace and outside of competition.

Kahara likes this.
  13. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    @Anedon, thanks for the heads up. Sorry that things didn't work out for the monthly schedule, but it's great that you're planning to work on the diary out of competition. We always love to see stories continue here! :) Anyway, have moved the story to Out of Competition.

Best wishes!

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    First, I promise I have every intention of finishing my story. But due to DRL things, I have to ask that it be taken out of competition. Not happy about it.

Findswoman likes this.
  15. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Thanks for letting us know, and we will move your diary to the Out of Competition category during the next update.

And I understand how you feel, but--for what it is worth--it sounds to me as though you're making the right choice--this way, the diary remains alive, but without the pressure of the competition deadlines. I wish you luck with real life, and with your writing.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, it's important to me to finish this eventually, because it's my first long fanfic.

17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, thanks for letting us know! Sorry that you had to take the diary out of competition, and I look forward to seeing the story continue when you have more time. @};-

Findswoman likes this.
  18. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I am going to have to drop out of the competition due to medical issues.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @RX_Sith: I am truly sorry to hear about that, and I wish you the best in dealing with your issues. Thanks for letting us know, and we will move your diary into the Out of Competition category during the next update.

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  20. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @RX_Sith, thanks for the heads up and best wishes to you! @};-

Findswoman likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @RX_Sith [:D] [:D] @};- and hopes for a successful swift recovery.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.