main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck to you this upcoming semester @jcgoble3

jcgoble3, Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Indeed! Glad you'll still be somewhat present around the game, but totally understand and hope to have you back and active one day--hopefully brimming with ideas from four-year university work! :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Bardan_Jusik, whose team has 6 championships, contributed post #6666 to the game thread. Coincidence?!?!

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Here's hoping I post 9999 someday. :p

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Wouldn't that cause Y10K to occur with the next post and break the entire Website?

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, this thread is already way past that, so...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Trieste, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Runjedirun I really appreciated the opening look at the state of Starkillers limmie and the Vigos' holdings. I didn't realize when the schedule was generated it gave the Starkillers four straight road games to start the season. Talk about starting behind the eight ball...

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I got the idea from listening to too much sports radio and apparently colleges are having trouble with attendance. So I thought it might make good Limmie material. And as I was writing I got to thinking we built this state of the art stadium, put a roof on it AND we use it a handful of times a year for it's actual purpose. The schedule is what it is. Last year all losses came at home. Maybe if that happens again we can dramatically blow the stadium up since it's bad luck and rebuild a luckier one. That works right?

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think you can get a quote from @jcgoble3 Stadium Demolition Services for that. :p

jcgoble3 and Jedi Gunny like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Different type of demolition. I meant the kind of demolition where no one gets hurt and it happens on a planned date and time.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hey, I flooded my old stadium out due to a water main break, so that’s always doable as well.

RIP to the ‘Drom.

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Tendra's brother, Jado, would be happy to help!

Don't worry. Jado isn't an insane evil mastermind. He would prefer a scheduled, safe demolition. I think.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey folks, sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but since Tim played with us for awhile I figured the JC forum official notice of his passing should be mentioned here as well. :( @};-

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Truly a shame. To speak very briefly to his legacy, it is entirely possible without him bringing the Agamar Packers into the game that I never would have thought, "Hmmm...here's a society that's stereotypically seen as a backwater world. Wouldn't it be funny if the Miners took a player from there who was the biggest goofball I could imagine?" And that, friends, is why I selected Horst Penn in the draft. Don't quote me on this without further research, but I believe it was Tim who submitted that player to the draft. For that, I personally owe him a debt.

Vehn, jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and 3 others like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well said, Trieste. Thank you for sharing that memory,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Very sorry to hear of his passing. Enjoyed his posts when he was with our group. He will be missed by all who knew him. :( Thanks for the information @Bardan_Jusik

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Sorry to hear of that. I do believe that he and his characters came up with the idea of using gravity generators to immobilize suspects, which led to a meeting between his characters and mine and eventually became the final piece to the puzzle of my stadium explosion.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I bet he would have been all over HeadBAND AID had he been active when we discussed that. :)

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    How many folks still look at the wiki? I ask only because I happened to be looking at how out-of-date the timeline of ELL membership is...and discovering that extending it to the current day actually breaks the timeline. :oops:

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I never understood how to use the Wiki.

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Timelines? You're on your own there. I am an expert with many forms of wiki coding, but the timeline feature is unquestionably the most complex feature ever designed and it is far beyond my ability to fully comprehend.

I would frankly suggest that you can probably create a better looking timeline that's easier to maintain in something like Photoshop or GIMP. Actually, I suspect even MS Paint could do a decent job with that.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The wiki has always been a "nice to have" rather than a "need to have" feature for me. I almost wonder if we shouldn't shut it down and decrease our digital footprint to just the boards. ;)

Runjedirun likes this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I think it was a good idea that just didn't work out as intended. I would suggest moving all data into the library thread and shutting down the wiki as best we can (FANDOM, as a matter of policy, will not delete a wiki or permit the mass deletion of pages, but we can add a notice to the wiki that it has been abandoned and pointing visitors to the library thread here).

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess we'd need to decide what was worth transporting. Honestly, for me, I just need to find another image hosting solution, preferably without watermarks, for my gallery of Miners. Everything else is just icing for me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.