main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Guh the guiys at Rebelscum are picky, don't think about them.

For a second one, she can wear a hood. I probably won't get 2. There will be knock off heads that'll come out (or just score a second head) I'll pick one of those up and build a second figure - it would be like 1/2 the cost. I have 2 figures that could have the head swapped out. Right now my Mustafar Padme doesn't have any long hair - the curly hair would be OK.

[​IMG]

Or more likely I'd use this figure. I actually like the head on it but it doesn't fit the body I'm using very well and there's a gap in between her neck and head (which makes the cape's tie convenient. She has rooted hair but it's not styled. Although this looks a lot like Natalie - it's still not as shockingly perfect as the Hot Toys version.

[​IMG]

Findswoman and cathiecat like this.
  2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    You come up with the smartest ideas, I just don't think about hiding things under a hood or putting more hair styled differently on top of what is already there. what heads interchange with what figures, like will barbie figures fit Hot Toys heads and such as that, or is it equal swapouts only?

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    No you have to get 1/6 scale bodies. I usually hunt for Hot Toys female bodies, hands/feet. There are a few other non-Hot Toys bodies that work - like the one on my blue Tatooine outfit, but they're not always the best fit. It's a lot of trial and error.

cathiecat likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I saw something online about these and then nothing - well Mattel officially announced their Barbie fashion dolls - Inspired by Star Wars collection!

Considering I collect both Star Wars AND Barbie this collection was made for me!

Three dolls - Leia, Darth Vader, and R2-D2 - they're available for pre-order HERE:

Leia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GregMcP likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Darth Vader:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GregMcP likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like their take on Vader. The other two don't do much for me.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like all of them. Apparently the pre-order sold out for the Leia and Mattel had to readjust their stock. That's a good sign. I'm hoping these do so well that Mattel will try to see if they can negotiate to do actual film dolls.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Amazon UK have the Vader one up for pre-order - £85. Don't think I like it that much. I didn't check the other two but I imagine the prices are similar.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah they're $100 for pre-order here.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Barbie Leia looks like Natalie Portman! I hate that they didn’t make Palme though!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    These are the first dolls w/ their license, so of course they're going to pick the most popular characters to design for. I'm sure that if they sell well (which is extremely probable considering they had to up the number of pre-orders for Leia already) that they'll make more. I'm quite sure the designers at Mattel are salivating to get their mitts on Padme's wardrobe.

The Leia definitely can be used as a Padme doll.

FYI they're on Amazon for pre-order. No money down now there. I put Leia on pre-order. I'll wait on the other 2 - I have a ton of my Hot Toys pre-orders to worry about.. I expect the R2 won't be sold out so I can pick it up later. I still might put Vader on Pre-order, I expect it will be popular.

I really love the R2 doll.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Just preordered Leia Barbie, very excited, really want to order another one for a Padme look.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The Barbies don't do it for me. I'd rather have the Hot Toys. I did my pre order for Leia and Wicket. Just waiting for Padme to show up. I'd also love Anakin's starfighter but I am not holding my breath it will ever get released.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I collect both Star Wars and Barbies - so I'll get all 3 of them. Where will I put them? That's another question entirely. It's D23 weekend - I wonder if there'll be a some sort of exclusive doll this year. They usually have one of some sort.

cathiecat likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Looks like these are at their store - new Swarovski cristal SW figures

[​IMG]

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    THis was an accidental doiuble post, sorry.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am already eyeing Leia on EBAY, she is much cheaper there. THough I don't know why.

19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I've got a bit of a Loungefly backpack collection going on and the new Leia Hoth mini plus the Ewok mini from D23 are calling my name.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    where can I see this?

21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    The pictures are on the Loungefly facebook and instagram pages.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    So Amazon let me know that my Leia Barbie has been moved forward a month. UGH!! Can't wait to see her but really needed that $108 for Halloween. Oh well!

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I've got 3 Hot Toys payments due around then - likely a couple will be pushed back but still...

cathiecat likes this.
  24. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I had a $45 off coupon from Box Lunch and snagged the D23 Ewok mini back pack and matching cosmetic bag set for less than $55!!

PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yikes I just looked at my pre-order list - IF everything came in on 10/5 - I have 3 HT final payments (Bespin Leia, Aquaman, Solo Han Solo), a First payment for my Jon Snow hitting AND my Mattel Barbie all hitting first 1/2 of October - that's like $350. :mad: I've also got a last payment for Tyrion and Agent Scully that are looming out there. Scully has been hitting retail stores so she should be charging soon.

The only good thing is it's very unlikely ALL of the Hot Toys figures will come in at once for that date. Their being ultra pokey at getting stuff out of their warehouses usually benefits me.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019