main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    We’re back to this again.

I don’t suppose anyone’s told him that you can’t undo an amendment to the US constitution via executive order (or Tweet). Not that he cares.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The strategy-- from the slightly less stupid fascists in the administration like Stephen Miller, not Trump himself-- would be to issue an executive order and then drag it out in the courts and maybe the Supreme Court will overturn/weaken Wong Kim Ark.

3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah if there's a darkest, most sinister heart in this administration it beats in the chest of Stephen Miller. Trump himself is simply the gullible bigot who enjoys a good dance to sound of Miller's music, and Miller knows it.

4. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Valairy Scot, Juliet316, Rew and 7 others like this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Like.................... HOW IS THIS REAL

Now he's saying "I am the Chosen One"'

6. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    According to him he has unlimited power...

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    appleseed likes this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    coming next week :
    " I'm bigger than Jesus, many people are saying !"

and the so called 'evangelical" response: "Iiiiiiii... still gotta go with Trump. He's my man."

9. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Even after the floods of divine retribution have come ...

[​IMG]

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    A few evangelicals were kind of muttering about Trump using the word goddamn too many times, but, um, isn't these kinds of remarks more, how to put it, blasphemous? And that's not even going into his (most recent) anti-Semitic comments. Not that Republicans mind, their vision and hearing (and outrage) is always very selective.

I'm not even sure if he's just extra cranky from having his Greenland "real estate" deal laughed at or if he's just causing more scandals than normal to distract from something else like the economy or lack of background checks or his trade war with China or North Korea or his continuing efforts to oppress minorities. By now, his failure to get Mexico to pay for his wall almost seems quaint.

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    blasphemous yes, but then everything he does is anti-Christian, or in non-religious terms anti-decent

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Nah, this is different. Plenty of evangelicals have said he was chosen by god to lead the country and even those who acknowledge some of his flaws will point out examples of god using pagan kings and whatnot to advance his will in the bible. They covered that base long ago. And even the quote comparing him to the second coming was saying how much he's liked in Israel so that's easy enough to rationalize around.

But Trump's rallies are filled with his own followers. The bible thumpers in the crowds consider him dropping the g-bomb in that setting as showing disrespect to them because it's something they specifically find offensive. That's not owning the libs or general all-purpose offensive. The first they love and the later they can live with, just don't splash any disrespect that's exclusive to them.

14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Eskimo
    Inuit

In the frequency with which he is currently outdating his old nonsense (almost daily) with new nonsense, this could well be possible.

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I strongly disagree. Donald Trump likened himself to God. No one who even casually identifies as Christian should be able to countenance that. Let alone someone claiming it's the most important thing in their whole life.

Juliet316, CT-867-5309, Rew and 5 others like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Just watched a bit on MSNBC where trump is repeatedly giving himself awards that do not exist. Then the last thing is a speech where he tells people, "I give myself awards all the time, and it's true I get them, because I give them to myself."

17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm just pointing out the hoops that will be jumped through or have been already. I mean you're not expecting a large contingent of evangelicals to take him to task over it rather than defend him are you?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No. But it is so wildly disgusting. A more perverse and outrageous religious statement isn't really conceivable. This goes directly at what they claim to care about, not just what they should care about. I perhaps don't want to believe that so many of them are so hollow in their belief system.

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well like I said there's some wiggle room there that evangelicals will be more than happy to use. The guy in the original quote said Trump was loved by the Jewish people in Israel as much as their King and the Second Coming of God (which would actually mean he's not loved much, since there isn't a huge number of Messianic Jews in Israel). Not that he was those things. And yeah that's an indirect comparison but it should actually be most insulting to Israeli Jews. That they are the ones giving him equal adoration to those things.

And evangelicals should be sympathetic to that and critical as a result. But we all know how most will roll.

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I doubt there'll be much need for justification, not with the way the evangelical base votes. There hasn't been any uproar so far (compared to how fast they pile on to attack certain other people). Not like they care about compassion or ethics (not the leaders and most of the base anyway). As long as Trump continues being their champion of white grievance and playing the victim they'll be happy to keep following him.

In a way it does feel like a bit of an escalation of Trump's egomania (like him "joking" about giving himself the Medal of Honor) but not surprising. Trump probably doesn't even understand how insulting his claims are to Judaism and Christianity (what with him just retweeting someone who praises him, no matter how crazy or vile that person is, actually, the more horrible the person, the more Trump likes their praise probably).

I'm not religious but it does sound disgusting. Not like its the first disgusting thing Trump has said (even in the last week) and its far from the last. Hard to tell them from a cult sometimes with their devotion to him.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If this had been Obama...

22. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    I guess i'm moving to puerto rico then?
    Edit: it say it's the UK spoof and parody site sooooo. yea. it's the fake. UK Spoof News and Satire. writen by DavyWavy

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Btw, I gotta say Yodaminch is the man. Sorry for not saying so sooner. Been really busy.

Trump is bananas. He’ll always be that way. He was born that way. Can you imagine how people would react if Obama called himself the King of Israel and the “Second Coming of God?” Obama would not do what he did. Trump is sky nuts.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I think that's all part of his own little personal Obama Derangement Syndrome. Obama was awarded a Nobel Prize and that fact is embedded deep in Trump's craw. He hasn't managed to bribe or cajole his way to one of those yet so he's gonna try and exceed him on sheer count. He keeps claiming to have been given awards he hasn't received. When the Log Cabin Republicans gave him their endorsement a few days ago he also claimed they gave him an award as well. When the press inquired with the LCR about what the award was the response was "We didn't give him an award, just our endorsement". But don't be surprised when they figure out something to "award" him in the coming weeks. The hint has been dropped.

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.