main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Mods' Time Trials (Winners Announced & Masterlist of Prompts Posted!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Aug 7, 2019.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I would be right on volunteer in for this but I'm managing 5 kids between 8 and 13 at the moment. But I am looking forward to my next pm.

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sounds good and will do, @Mira_Jade. PM inbound in 3... 2... 1... :D

AzureAngel2, brodiew and Mira_Jade like this.
  3. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That is such a fun idea @Mira_Jade! I'd too would be in on doing an unofficial 48 hour entry with prompts from volunteers, however, not in the next few days! I am so busy!!! The next few months for me are going to flip many times between the extremes of extremely busy, to bored out of my mind, so I'll maybe shout out for some prompts during one of the bored times. Maybe if @mavjade is up for doing one at some point, we can have a mod competition and users can vote for their favourite?

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My Padme story in response to the 48 hour challenge:

Demarche

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I’m absolutely up for doing one myself!! I was thinking about having someone pick a random number and I’d do that one from our list, but I like this better!

I don’t currently have a functioning laptop (and of course the next few days would be the best writing days!) so it will probably be a bit before I do it, but if someone wants to send me one, that would be awesome!

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    @mavjade I can put something together. [face_devil]...oops, I mean:):D

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, this is great! All these wonderful stories materializing right before our eyes—this is fantastic! And super to see that the mods will be in on the fun, too! [face_dancing]

What the heck, I'll give the 24-hour tier a try: send me 24C, please. I may give myself a day or two before getting started, though. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, for those who were waiting, the new prompts are ready! PMs for the new slots were just sent, and the index has been updated.

It's beyond awesome to see how amazingly prolific you guys have been, and with some tricky prompts, to say the least! I'm itching to open my PM; it's exciting to join in on the fun! [face_dancing] :D

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello mods. Is there a give back option. In the event that you realize you're just not gonna get it done in the 72 hours and maybe not even beyond that if there the ability to return the challenge for someone else? My challenge muse has taken a hike and I'm beginning to think that My inspiration is drying up for now.

If pressed I would say that the prompts inspired an idea but I just have no energy left to complete it.

13. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    @brodiew, don't feel bad; I couldn't do anything with my 72 hr set. :p I'd return mine, too, because I couldn't get more than a vague "well, maybe I could...nah..."

Or if you wanted to and the mods were ok with it, I'd be happy to trade prompts. Maybe they'd spark something for you.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry. We aren't going to allow any take backs or trades because we don't want users sending other users their prompts before the person receiving the prompt officially asks from the mods (thus getting more time). Does that make sense? Not that I think anyone would cheat, just to make it fair for everyone and to set precedence if we do this again in the future.

Plus this is a mod challenge. Part of it is just trying to work with what you got. When we do the dare challenge, many dares go unwritten and that's the same case here.

Don't worry about taking up a spot then not getting something up for it. If people want to sign up for a tier, we are happy to make more spots (which is something I might do if I get a free few minutes this evening).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  15. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Thanks. That makes sense, and I understand. I just enjoyed my first set of prompts so much that I'm disappointed not to have anything for this one.

16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And @brodiew and @Raissa Baiard - I don't know if this helps, but keep in mind that this is also a very long running challenge. There are still more than a few good weeks for inspiration to strike. I wouldn't count your muses out just yet. And, if not and nothing comes of your prompts, we have really enjoyed the stories you wrote for your previous tiers. :) [:D]

Alrighty! As for myself, I was able to write "I Come to Speak" for the prompts @Findswoman sent to me - with a little over an hour to spare. That was close! My silly, wordy muse was being silly and wordy. 8-} :oops: Although, perhaps I should just be grateful that I was able to par down my inspiration to a one-shot. I have a bad habit to the contrary, usually! :p [face_laugh]

Now, to sit down and review all of these fine stories . . . it's a veritable feast. I almost don't know where to begin! :D =D=

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's so hard to look at my PM knowing I can't shouldn't open it yet. My new laptop won't get here for a few days and then, of course, I work a stretch, so I'm going to have to sit on it for probably another week. Ahhhh....

I completely understand the people who've told us they just couldn't wait to open it and start, even if it wasn't the best time.

19. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Can I have 24B please?

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh if only there were a "love" button. [face_laugh]

I'd like 24E please.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sent

Sent

Man, so many great stories to catch up on. Thankfully this week should be much quieter for me... kinda - it's probably going to involve many hours of me killing time in the library while people view my house, SOOOO, I'm wondering if I can get a volunteer (@Findswoman ???) to send me 5 prompts for a 48 hour challenge.

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm on it! OK if I send them to you tomorrow at some point? EDIT: Got 'em ready to go, just say when. :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks! Send them whenever works for you. I'm going to try not to look at them till later tomorrow or wednesday.

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Done. :D

Mira_Jade likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004