main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Last Epitaph

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 16, 2019.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    End of class

The Professor concluded his own remarks by discussing what was to come. "I expect you have to have thought of one issue close to your heart that you want us to discuss in the next few weeks, be it the corruption in the Senate, to the bi-partisanship between the Core and Rim factions, and whatever issue tickles your fancy. Think wide - Wild Space concerns, Deep Core exploration, satellite galaxy investigations... but I don't want to hear about militancy by the Republic to deal with Delmaasi pirates," as the Professor said this Tarkin let his glance fall on Valorum, who he was sure was squirming at having to avoid one of his favorite subjects, "nor lifting sanctions against Arkanian gene-splicing, okay?"

The Professor nodded. "I will pick one topic at random and we will debate it for a week, at minimum. We usually have an odd number of students to prevent deadlock, but if required I shall act as the dividing vote, and of course moderator."

‘Interesting.’ Tarkin thought, with so many potential subjects he would have to think about what issue he would find common ground or a good debate with the others. Once his remarks were concluded, the Professor left. Valorum, with his usual lack of decorum, stormed from the room, bringing a small, twisted smile to Tarkin’s face. The young newcomer left as well, probably to follow the Professor. As he did a piece of paper had fallen.

Tarkin waited to see if anyone else would collect it, but so far all had ignored it. There may or may not be something of potential written on it, but Palpatine was a young man, it may very well just be a private love note that he dreamt up, possibly about Aurrenna with the interest he had seemingly shown.

With a shallow sigh, Tarkin stood, his boot heels clicking in a measured pace as he walked the few steps toward the recently vacated seat of Palpatine. He bent, reached down, and retrieved the paper, as the rest of the class sat, pondering the Professor’s last words. Opening the paper, he studied one side then the other, noticing it appeared blank. ‘Politicians, their children even, and their secrets. There must be some device that would allow it to be read, but we shall see.’ Straightening, he looked around the room, placed the note in a pocket of his pants, then noticed those who were still present.

Nodding to the young woman Palpatine has sat next to, he returned to his desk, heels clicking on the floor once more. He began to retrieve his belongings when he heard Vy’ndall speak. “Now I’m wondering if the Jedi experience galactic history differently from the rest of us….”

‘Hmmm, I wonder where that came from.’ He turned, seeing that the author of the words was glancing around to see if he’d receive a reaction. He’d humor the youth, it was worth getting to know his classmates, after all, if they were potentially the authors of the future.

“I would imagine many different groups experience history in their own way, it would explain why there is such conflict, so often. Look at the Trade Federation that the Professor mentioned and those that oppose them, each side has their own view of history. If such ‘normal’ groups can have differing views, why wouldn’t the Jedi, or the Sith.” The last was said with a slight glimmer in his eye, turning back to his belongings, in case any of the others had caught the glimmer.

He may have years, and experience in the galaxy that these youths may lack, but that did not mean they were below notice, many were extremely intelligent and who knew what truths such intelligence would be able to uncover that those who had inborn or learned prejudices would not be able to find on their own.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

The Vanguard and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Vy’ndall Tremyr
    End of Class, lessons continue

The nagai offered Tarkin a solid respectful nod and watched as the human returned to gathering his things.

Vy’ndall had noticed the glint in Tarkin’s eyes as well as his retrieval of the paper that had fallen from Palpatine. To his credit, Tarkin's actions were deliberately open, performed without subtlety and in plain view. If any had questions or objections, they were free to speak them. Of course, Vy’ndall was slightly curious, but then again not. Well, at least not at the moment.

He was pleased with Tarkin’s answer, so much so that he would have carried on in conversation, but he chose self-restraint.

After all, class had just been dismissed.

Waiting was now an investment. He would re-engage Tarkin once he’d given the answer further consideration. There was something he needed to express in words regarding both the Sith and the Jedi, but it needed to be crafted correctly before he shared it.

As he sat and simply watched, his eyes now fell on Aurrenna. A lovely mystery so far, that one. Had her gaze followed Palpatine as he hurried after the Professor? Did she too spy the note that had fallen from him? Vy’ndall smiled ever so slightly as he mused on this. Then his own gaze shifted.

Last but not least, was the half-blood. Roan.

He too had been conservative in speaking, but such was to be expected this early on. Vy’ndall was curious on the half-blood’s opinion regarding the ‘moral pendulum’. He seemed to be pro-Jedi, so that might be a good segue into the topic.

All was well thus far. The class had been more stimulating than he had expected. This too was good.

Translating an idea into something practical required dynamic activism. Few understood what that really meant.

Vy’ndall allowed himself a small smile of satisfaction.

Perhaps it was too soon to say, but it did feel good to be among beings he could possible consider to be actual peers.

With that, the nagai slowly rose from his seat and began to make his way towards his own quarters.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

OOC: Now to run into Valorum. :p

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Aurrenna Adasca
    The Amphitheater

The blows had been delivered from this meek debate. The spurs for greater had been silenced and sidestepped with a flair for the dramatic and pointing to ever more history to entice them in. Or bore her out, in the end these mountains of trivia would prove of little use. An anecdote here, a furtive message there, the only real highlight that she had not let herself rise to the bait of was the notes of how these things form fractures in many worlds. Soft weak points to be healed. . .or exploited. The notes of their power was somewhat intriguing, but it would require getting to know all of her fellow students better. The blowhards and prods, the religious and the mysterious.

The new lad was to use the Professors quarters as his resting place, she felt a stirring of both pity and jealousy at that notion. There were bound to be little insites to the man from his room and perhaps even a way to peruse his lesson plans, if such things even existed. What was laid out next was of interest.

"I expect you have to have thought of one issue close to your heart that you want us to discuss in the next few weeks, be it the corruption in the Senate, to the bi-partisanship between the Core and Rim factions, and whatever issue tickles your fancy. Think wide - Wild Space concerns, Deep Core exploration, satellite galaxy investigations... but I don't want to hear about militancy by the Republic to deal with Delmaasi pirates," the Professor said, glancing at Tarkin and Valorum, even Palpatine, for whatever reason likely to do with some ties of one form or another, "nor lifting sanctions against Arkanian gene-splicing, okay?" At that he was referring to Adasca.

She simply smiled demurely and looked under her lashes at the man. It was such an obvious ploy and stop tactic to half the class. By telling them what they could not discuss he was practically making it ten times harder for those that could now think of little else for topics. It would have been far more productive to ask for two or three and know that all but a few from the class would be scrapped then to temper their ability to even reason with a block of that kind along their most likely lines.

The Professor nodded. "I will pick one topic at random and we will debate it for a week, at minimum. We usually have an odd number of students to prevent deadlock, but if required I shall act as the dividing vote, and of course moderator," he said with a shrug.

Scribbling in thermal on her datapad she made a simple note, though she was loath to do it, as Palpatine chose his exit amid the Professor and Valorum. During which a lone piece of paper wafted out of the new kids things to land on the floor. Her head stayed on her own work as if that note and what to most looked like a blank tablet due to her thermal vision was her sole focus, while her eyes stayed ascance watching that paper, seeing what subtleties she could read as she saw that other come and take it, Tarkin. Scribbling what notes she could of note from such a class and such an odd occurrence, she idly wondered if the paper had been meant for her.

The idle thoughts of Tremyr seemed to be half question, half idle fancy. Another piece of bait that Tarkin could not leave alone. The man was a worry, if he did not tease and dissect something it likely would drive the elder classmate to murder. As Tremyr left she stood and stopped in front of the elder classmate, "If you need help with returning the paper, let me know." she simple stated before turning to return to her own quarters with a bow.

TAG: @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @Sinrebirth , @The Vanguard

4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Roan Lath
    Class Denouement

Before Roan could offer any input to Vy'dall's proposition, the professor curtly brought the discussion to a close.

"Our young newcomer strikes a chord." You could say that again professor, Roan bemused, we still don't know why he was allowed here. "it is in breaking those cycles that we seek to become something more than just powerful. Anyone could take advantage of the issues that plague the Republic, whichever root cause you select. To raise above them and break the cycle of the twin deities of economics and polity is and always has been the goal of this class. It could be said that we have succeeded, on more than one occasion." The professor took a step forward, grandstanding, as was his want.

"It is in this very room that the decision to Excise the Mandalorians was made to prevent further instability in the northern quadrant. It was here that students debated the pros and cons of undoing the Outer Expansion Zone. It was during a recess that it was decided to found the Trade Federation. That is not even acknowledging that as little as sixty years ago the class mooted extending of voting rights to said companies as functional constituencies, language that found its way into the very bill the Senate settled on."

"We have that power, it is to be said - thus we have that responsibility to think outside the box." The Sephi/Arkanian could feel the weight of the professor's words.

"I think that is a good place to stop. Palpatine, we don't have a room prepared for you - though we have plenty spare, not to worry. So, you shall come to my chambers and use the en suite." Roan shot a sly glance at the boy as Palpatine nodded.

"I expect you have to have thought of one issue close to your heart that you want us to discuss in the next few weeks, be it the corruption in the Senate, to the bi-partisanship between the Core and Rim factions, and whatever issue tickles your fancy. Think wide - Wild Space concerns, Deep Core exploration, satellite galaxy investigations... but I don't want to hear about militancy by the Republic to deal with Delmaasi pirates," he said, glancing at Tarkin and Valorum, even Palpatine, for Naboo was a relative stellar neighbour to Eriadu, "nor lifting sanctions against Arkanian gene-splicing, okay?" Roan's eyebrows raised slightly, knowing the subject all too well - he was part Arkanian after all. Even if the professor was referring to Adasca who, apart from being a member of the most influential family in Arkanian history, was his kin. Roan descended from the distinguished house Athacorr and unlike Arca Jeth of old who was also part Sephi, part Arkanian, possessed no force affinity and thus was disqualified from joining the Jedi Order. This was something his father begrudged him for but wasted no time finding an alternative solution to 'make the most of his boy' via the Exchange program.

"What about the Yaka experiments?" Roan muttered softly enough for his classmate's to hear. He knew it was a hot button issue and could understand the issues and interests of the cyborg implants, but he wanted to test the thoughts of the others if it was possible.

The Professor nodded. "I will pick one topic at random and we will debate it for a week, at minimum. We usually have an odd number of students to prevent deadlock, but if required I shall act as the dividing vote, and of course moderator," he said with a shrug.

"Any other questions? No? Good." He didn't actually give them a chance to speak up; the lesson had dragged on enough, past the ordinary time for their evening break; Palpatine had arrived midway through the day, to add to the disruption.

Valorum stood immediately and stormed from the room, his cape flowing. The Professor also turned to leave the room with some swiftness, and Palpatine, who didn't actually know where the Professors chambers were, rushed to collect his things and go.

An obscure paper dropped from Palpatine's things which was moments later picked up by Tarkin who was the only one who wasn't pretending without hesitation. Most curious, Roan thought to himself. Vy’ndall spoke up, “now I’m wondering if the Jedi experience galactic history differently from the rest of us….” Roan scratched his head at that. Well of course they did. The Jedi found themselves in the epicenter of many major historical events, for better or worse. Roan could sense his thoughts almost taking on words from his mouth but he resisted, wanting to hear from the others first.

“I would imagine many different groups experience history in their own way, it would explain why there is such conflict, so often." Tarkin responded with experience in his tone, "look at the Trade Federation that the Professor mentioned and those that oppose them, each side has their own view of history. If such ‘normal’ groups can have differing views, why wouldn’t the Jedi, or the Sith.” The last was said with a slight glimmer in his eye, although Roan wasn't aware why.

As Tremyr left, Aurrenna stood and stopped in front of the elder classmate, "If you need help with returning the paper, let me know," she said with a polite bow. Roan smiled at the confidence in her voice and watched for Tarkin's expression. 70% of communication with most sentient beings was non-verbal, and all sorts of messages were being exchanged today.

Roan had enough talk for one day, he wanted to fiddle with the new project he was working on. He stood up quietly, the smile fading from his mouth. Making his way to the workbenches across from the library, he simply nodded in the direction of his fellow classmates and left the amphitheater without a word.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Student Quarters

Striding unhurriedly down the hall, Vy’ndall allowed himself to ponder on the many lessons learned in class today. So many layers, and this was but the beginning. History did have much to teach, as did the beings who lived in the present. Would they only repeat the past?

'It is in breaking those cycles that we seek to become something more than just powerful.’

The Professor’s words echoed inside Vy’ndall’s mind, for they struck a chord with the young nagai. This was more than just a simple statement, as it sounded almost like a part of a manifesto. Still, wasn’t that the trick? ‘Breaking’ the cycle? Clearly, but to who’s benefit? And how exactly?

It was at this point that he noticed a figure standing at the door to his quarters. Vy'ndall almost slowed his pace out of sheer reflex, but managed to continue on. This place was supposed to be secure after all, in addition, his trust in his own personal security lent him confidence.

A subtle hand signal made sure of that.

Donning a pleasant enough expression, the nagai finally slowed as he greeted Valorum with a curt nod.

“Hello again, good Ser. To what do I owe the honor of your presence?”

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  6. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Tarkin
    Classroom/Student Quarters

As Tarkin finished sorting his belongings, returning them to the hard-case they were usually stored within, Aurrenna approached. With a short bow she stated simply "If you need help with returning the paper, let me know." He nodded curtly in her direction, all the answer she would receive.

Lifting the case, smoothing his clothes, he walked briskly from the class. Exiting the room, his stride became lighter, the normal tapping of his heels against the floor disappearing into silence as he moved. He continued on until he returned to his own quarters. Once inside, he scanned the paper young Palpatine had dropped, in multiple frequencies and wavelengths of light, that would tease any secrets from it.

As the device worked to uncover the message, he changed into grey undress, but insignia-less, uniform . As he finished the machine signaled that it was done with its scans. He refolded the paper as it had been when it fell, placed it in a pocket, and exited his quarters. Walking down the hall, he set his face in a slight negative expression as he came upon Vy’dall’s quarters. There, just outside the door was the younger being and Valorum. Expression neutral but slightly negative, he strode by, headed toward the Professor’s quarters.

Finally he came to that section of the housing for the Program. Approaching the door, he couched his face into a completely neutral expression before knocking on the door.

“Professor, I believe I have something young Palpatine dropped as he left.” He stated as he heard movement inside.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, (@Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125 - Mention Only)

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Tarsus Valorum
    Vy'ndall's quarters

“Hello again, good Ser. To what do I owe the honor of your presence?”

Valorum smiled, and would have responded in the same good-natured manner had Tarkin not flounced by, looking as severe and skeletal like as ever. Valorum sniffed slightly, but gestured to Vy'ndall's door. "If we could perhaps speak in private, my friend? The Professors words have set my mind ablaze..." he looked thoughtful, and then smiled. "I would speak to someone like-minded about them."

His emotion was, surprisingly, genuine enough. Yes, he could politick, but he could also be honest and forthright. Tarsus prided himself on keeping his word, because otherwise who would listen to him speak?

"How does that sound?"

--
    The Professors quarters

Palpatine's eyes roamed across every surface.

There were innumerable datapad's dotted around the room, and books - real, bound, hard books - on the shelves.

He glimpsed a handful of titles - the Cultural Differences between Duros and Neimoidians: When Genetics Overcome Upbringing; The Porporite Problem; Croke or Broke? Sephi and the Anzati - same root, but who was the Gardener?; Zabrak or Iridonia - the Crossover between Dathomir and Iridionia and what it means for future relations in the Inner Rim; Pius Dea - Dead or Merely Hidden?

Palpatine could barely keep track of them all.

So many titles.

But prominently in the room was the clock at the back of the room, which itself was a face upon some art of a clock-temple of some kind, on some unknown world, though it seemed faintly Nouanese - the past, perhaps? Beneath it was a shelf and upon it sat a single lightsaber hilt, of all things, with a small plaque beside it that Palpatine could not read. The large backed chair however blocked to stained-glass window to the rear of the room beneath said shelf, but there was another window to the left, which was less ornate and showed the port on the hill below the school.

[​IMG]

Palpatine's eyes twitched, and he saw in the far corners two statues, each golden and tall, but as he strode through to the office from the bookcase laden waiting area, that two more were tucked into the corners out of sight to his left and right as he walked in. They were indistinct figures but Palpatine was sure he recognised one, but from where he had no idea.

[​IMG]

To the right of the office Palpatine spied a half-open door, which revealed a trio of other half-opened doors. Two bedrooms, and a refresher, but one of the bedroom also revealed another refresher en suite. The Professor, smiling, pointed to that room. "My room." Then, to the other room, the one without an en suite. "Your room. Guest bathroom, of course, you will use." He strode around to his desk, which of course was met by two chairs that Palpatine could take - one was laden with more books, the other, was free.

The Professor talked as he walked. "I usually take on students over their respective summer holidays, so they can help me translate works from their home world." He indicated the precariously balanced of books on the chair. "They provide me with their thesis' to review, they translate for me, and I give poor students somewhere to stay in the interim."

He casually turned to the book that was open on his desk. There was a Nagai evident on the page he had open, and also a blue-skinned and red-eyed humanoid. As it closed, Palpatine noted the title. Diaspora: Investigating Species Without a Homeworld: A Summary of What We Know and What We Don't. The Professor moved the book aside, placing it underneath a desk tidy of pens and quills and laser pointers. Palpatine imagined that somewhere there were more advanced technological prompts, perhaps in another office, but he could see none.

With not much else to do, Palpatine went to take a chair as the door knocked. The Professor had already stepped back to Palpatine's side of the desk, and thus was standing when Palpatine sat. Why close the book on the desk then?

“Professor, I believe I have something young Palpatine dropped as he left.”

The door was opened. "Ah yes, Tarkin. I have forgotten something that I wanted to give young Palpatine, so you can entertain him while I go get it." The Professor nodded to the paper. "I can't believe I forgot it, to be honest." He looked back at Palpatine and grinned. "It's my most prized possession!"

Without anything more to add, he headed back to the theater room.

---
    Corridors

The Professor bumped into Roan Lath and Aurrenna Adasca as they wandered back to their rooms. Roan was first, Aurrenna behind them. The Professor flashed them both another award-winning smile. Or, it would have, had it not been face that belonged to him. The Sephi was intriguing, but the Arkanian, she was so damn hard to read. It was as if she was on another spectrum entirely.

He lightly waved to them, bypassing Roan for a moment with a sidestep, his coat slightly rustling as it did so. "Remember, Roan," he said jauntily. "No arguments about Arkanian gene-splicing." He was teasing the potential divide between Roan and Aurrenna, here, because it was important to ensure that everyone was as polarised as possible - to prove that they could overcome the issues which plagued the Senate. If they did not represent the issues of the past, then the solutions they suggested would not be of import. As it was, Roan had a missed comlink call to return; the Professor forbade comlinks in the amphitheater after all.

However, when it came to Adasca, the Professor held his hand out to her, directing her back into the amphitheater by having it present behind her waist, absently regarding his black-stoned ring while he did so. That being said, she would be struck that the specialist communicator tied to her visage was also tingling for attention, back in her room. "Aurrenna, I do have to thank your family for continuing to finance the works that are required for the job. My face-lift, so to speak, it was done with impeccable care and attention to detail. I was quite pleased and appreciative of the aftercare."

He released her from the subtle nudge his arm presented as he swept into the room, stepping to the podium and pulling a small box from beneath where he had just been standing and speaking. It was not especially large, but it was wooden, and weighty; the Professor's arms slightly dipped as he held it, and he placed it atop the podium, the stone creaking audibly. "Just remember - those records are sealed, dear. If I discover that you have dug into my appearance before, I would have to kick you from the course. For even looking into it." He smiled genially. "The program has the HoloNet relay tapped. After all, we paid for it. Nouane may have only joined the Republic after the Mandalorian Wars but we never joined any of the Sith Empire's that followed it - not even Revan's, who saved us - we all appreciate our independence after all."

It was a strange conversation to have with the Arkanian, but the Professor was a strange one.

Or, was he purely as independent as he suggested?

Who knows.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @darthbernael, @greyjedi125 (combo), @The Vanguard

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    greyjedi125 and The Vanguard like this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Ambuscade

His face remained pleasant as was necessary, but for several heartbeats, Vy’ndall found himself mentally hard-pressed to move past the phrase ‘like-minded’ -that, coupled with the challenge not to react ‘in the natural’.

It wasn’t that he disliked Valorum. In all honesty, he did not know the man, as they had just met. For a split second, he did wonder where Tarkin could be headed to, as his eyes tracked the statesman for a brief second as he passed them by, but such curiosity would not be realized. Valorum had just literally invited himself into the nagai’s quarters.

Internally, Vy’ndall had to force himself to remember why he was here in the first place.

Inherently, he did not trust politicians, but he found much of their tradecraft quite useful, even if such measures were not to his natural tastes. It was the efficacy in achieving the desired end result which mattered in these cases.

The man sounded genuine enough, but matters were slightly more complicated for such fancy.

It was true, that the Professor’s words had ignited some intriguing thought processes, but Vy’ndall highly doubted that this was Valorum’s first time hearing such words. Clearly, the human wanted something.

“Hmmm.”

Vy’ndall made a thinking sound and adopted a pensive pose for a moment.

“Well, yes- I agree.” He said. “The Professor did raise some provocative points….” He conceded.

“But I was merely going to change into something more comfortable, however….AH!”

Vy’ndall snapped his fingers and looked as if he’d just made a wonderful discovery.

“Come. This is a perfect excuse to visit my yacht. These rooms are about as private as the amphitheater; the things I’ve heard through these walls.”

Vy’ndall shook his head as if ashamed to admit something unmentionable.

“My yacht will provide the privacy you require.” He graciously affirmed as he started to move away from his assigned quarters and gestured towards the corridor.

“How does that sound?”

The nagai offered a small, yet pleasant and encouraging smile.

Tag: @Sinrebirth ( Yep. let’s combo )

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    darthbernael likes this.
  9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Combo with our ever busy @Sinrebirth

IC Tarkin and Palpatine
    Professor's Quarters

Tarkin heard, as he opened the door, the Professor’s reply, "Ah yes, Tarkin. I have forgotten something that I wanted to give young Palpatine, so you can entertain him while I go get it. I can't believe I forgot it, to be honest."

The Professor moved past Tarkin, heading back to the classroom, no doubt. As Tarkin entered, his gaze swept the room, at first ignoring the young man by the desk. Several items caught his eye as he surveyed the room, but his, usual, neutral expression betrayed none of what he thought about the items that drew his interest.

Turning to Palpatine, he reached into his pocket and pulled forth the note that had been dropped. “I do not know if you meant this to be dropped or if it fell from your grasp as you left, but, in either case, here is the note that was left behind in the classroom.”

He held it out for Palpatine to take, waiting to see if the young man betrayed anything in his response or body language.

Palpatine eyed Tarkin’s hand. His expression was blank for a moment, and then he remembered. “Oh yes! The Professor gave me some paper before, but I already had a pad handy.” He pointed at a notebook on the wall. “He took it from that.”

“That’s why there’s nothing,” he said, still looking somewhat nonplussed. “Did you expect me to have a secret message on it?” He tried not to look amused - Tarkin struck an impressive, cadaverous figure. He was much older than Palpatine and the Naboo knew not to agitate the sector governors’ cousin.

Palpatine nonetheless reached for the paper.

“Whether there was a message or not matters little. But since you dropped it it was only correct to return it.” Tarkin stated as he placed the paper in Palpatine’s hand. His task completed he turned then, with a tic at the corner of his mouth that disappeared before he faced Palpatine again, he turned back to the young man.

“The Professor said to keep you entertained until his return so, even though I finished what I began, I will do so. I know you’ve just had a chance to take in this space, but it is quite interesting and, it seems, designed to encourage the curiosity of those who enter it.”

As he finished the statement, his arm swept out, seeming to take in the statues and ended pointing generally at the saber with its plaque.

“Yes, I noticed that too. It’s a curious design. Isn’t it quite small for a sword hilt?” Palpatine said, absently eyeing the paper. “I wonder...”

He swiftly fished a pointer out of the desk tidy. He activated it, pointing it at the table. “Huh. It is.” Palpatine let Tarkin see the blue spot it made. “A UV light.”

He went to sweep it across the first line of the paper.

If you’re reading this, I’m dead.

“Well that’s ominous,” Palpatine said.

Noticing his young companion did not entirely find the collection as interesting as it actually was, or seemed not to, Tarkin raised one patrician’s eyebrow as the young man pulled a device from the desk.

He watched, bemused as Palpatine shone a light from the small item onto the paper that he had returned. And then it became interesting as what leapt into view was revealed.

“Ominous, or if I know anything of our Professor, intentionally left for a curious student or students to discover and explore. But since we, or you, have begun and I am here to see it, I doubt it would be in our best interest to ignore what else it may say.”

Palpatine snorted. "You could have said that without the verbosity, y'know." The teenage wisecrack slipped out, but he continued on.

My name is to be the Professor.

My identity erased for four years, no more than eight. They tell me that I am to create a persona to match it, if at all possible, so here I am.

Creating an identity for myself.

Forging a Truth.

"Huh," is all Palpatine could bring himself to say.

The eyebrow dropped but internally Tarkin wondered. He knew the Professor had secrets but this seemed one that could turn the whole program on its end. Other than that he ignored the snide comment from the teen.

“Interesting, that implies the Professor could be returned to who he was, or will be. And does coincide with the Professors serving during the terms of a Chancellor.”

“Is there more or was this curiosity inducing snippet all there is?”

Tarkin was curious, but many things about the Program, and indeed that this young man had been allowed in so late in the term, were curious and possibly warranted inquiry.

“Perhaps this was a mystery you were intended to discover and attempt to decipher.”

Palpatine swept the light over the page again, but there was no more.

He eyed the book on the shelf - the one the Professor had pulled the page from. "I mean, I have heard rumours that the Professor is surgically altered to protect his identity and keep the program as independent as possible. It makes sense, and all."

Palpatine tapped the mini-torch to his cleft chin. "I mean, otherwise there would be the possibility, nay, likelihood of someone interfering with the professors. Especially with a gathering like this between political elite. It is ripe for interference." Another tap. "Similarly, replacing the Professor so often prevents one mentor from pushing his own agenda through his students."

"Yes, as long as the variety, or diversity, of those chosen to be Professor is a neutral choice, and not one made based on the current political structure. It remains to be seen if the current one is one such but, so far this term, he does seem so."

Having seen the glance taken at the pad the young man had said the sheet had been taken from Tarkin was sure Palpatine would investigate it further, given the opportunity.

Seeming to put the subject to the side for now, even though he planned to follow up, on his own, what the mystery could be behind the note and the Professor, he picked up a book from the stack, Sephi and the Anzati - same root, but who was the Gardener? Thumbing through it absently, "Another curiosity, I wonder what connection these books share and what interests the Professor about them to have them all being researched at once."

Palpatine was surprised to see Tarkin simply handle the Professor's beloved books.

"There seems to be a commonality - nonhumans, so to speak. Sephi, Anzati," he gestured to the book Tarkin held. "He was looking at a page about the Nagai diaspora a moment ago." Palpatine indicated the book now under the desk-tidy. "I have no idea what a Croke is, but Neimoidians, Duros, Porporites, and so forth."

A frown. "Though Porporite's are extinct, as far as I am aware."

Tarkin let out a muted snort of laughter at the surprise evident on the young man’s face, when he picked up the book.

“Yes, that does seem to be what joins them, but the question is why, why are such creatures of such import, in this time, in this place. The Republic is vast and most of these seem either of fractional populations or groups that have little representation in the Senate.”

A short sigh, “Perhaps it is intended for a future lesson, on species discrimination, or the ideas of one group having supremacy and enslaving or controlling all other species.”

He placed the book back where it had been. “But knowing the Professor, it could also be just his own private research."

Palpatine nodded, slightly. The moment seemed to be dragging. He went to stand from the chair. "Either way, thank you for the paper. I think I shall sort my things while I wait for the Professor." He indicated his room, which he could see had his bags already present.

He waited for Tarkin to leave.

Tarkin nodded to Palpatine, sure the young man wanted to settle in.

"You are welcome. Even given your new arrival to the Program, somehow I get the feeling you will add something that may have been missing. I look forward to what that may be."

He nodded again, as a goodbye, turned and exited the Professor's quarters. Passing down the hall he saw that Vy’ndall and Valorum were gone, before he arrived at his own room and returned to his own studies.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, (@greyjedi125, @Sinrebirth - Mentions Only)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Roan Lath, Aurrenna Adasca
    Corridors

On his way out of the amphitheater, Roan felt a wave of relief, or was it glee? He loved getting his hands busy with building things or deconstructing them and long talks were wearisome to him. There wasn't ample space for major undertakings like his shop back home. His shop where he built his own Starhawk swoop bike, or the carbon gas chamber he built from scratch for carbon freezing items to transport. He always gained a sense of competency and value when he would complete a project, and he loved that feeling. Finally, some time to myself. As he turned one of the corridors, he bumped into the Professor. Feeling gone. The human's giant smile could light up a room, even if it looked hollow.

"Remember, Roan," he said as he sidestepped to allow him to pass. "No arguments about Arkanian gene-splicing." It was at this moment he realized Aurrenna standing there. Was she following him? He was so lost in elation he couldn't hear her walking a comfortable distance behind him. "I'll make sure to keep my opinions on the topic to myself Professor, but the example of Arkanian 'off-shoots' is standing right in front of you." Roan placed his hand on his chest, referring to himself with a derogatory term like off-shoot despite how accomplished he was seemed odd, but Roan was purposeful. If anything, doing so dismantled the derogatory phrase as ignorance and made him assertive, at least in his mind he was. He locked eyes with Aurrenna, knowing she would decrypt the conversation.

"Perhaps, but with proper treatment you can still breed pure. A medical procedure, not gene-splicing in the truly banned sense as you would have consent and remain as you are." Roan's mind flickered with adrenaline, directly irritated by her utterance of the word 'pure'. "Unlike some of the other species, sentient or not, we have helped elevate." her words were cut short as the Professor turned to her with a raised hand turning her back to the amphitheater and away from what she was sure would have been an interesting if wrote conversation with the young man.

Roan just stood there as the pair walked off. He felt his emotions and his thoughts conflicted with each other. Sure he was irritated but what she said wasn't incorrect. The Arkanians have evidence enough that they have successfully elevated a given species. Particularly the Quermian species. Why am I bothering with this right now? The class was over yet he was battling in his heart with the ethics of the Arkanian experiments and his own existence as a product of it. Not now, he said to himself as he made his way to the learning area. For now, I shall decompress and put this whole day behind me.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Corridors

After the Professor led her away from that brief encounter, directing her back into the amphitheater by having it present behind her waist. She was demure and static despite having the urge to rend his arm from his body and beat him with it, and it had started as such a pleasant post lecture time to think and go to her own quarters for a respite of beauty and comfort. Not to mention now that he was leading her away she felt a familiar twinge in her skull, a signal that the specialist communicator tied to her visage was also tingling for attention, back in her room. "Aurrenna, I do have to thank your family for continuing to finance the works that are required for the job. My face-lift, so to speak, it was done with impeccable care and attention to detail. I was quite pleased and appreciative of the aftercare."

"It was my families pleasure Professor. If we can not strive for excellence in something so simple we would be deserving of ruin." she softly replied with a gentle nod and smile as her fingers formed steeples in-front of her heart.

He released her from the subtle nudge his arm presented as they swept into the room, he stepped to the podium and pulled a small box from beneath where he had just been standing and speaking. She was mildly surprised that he would bring such a thing here and then leave it in the classroom, a classroom where another student had just purloined a piece of paper. It was not especially large, but it was wooden, and weighty; the Professor's arms slightly dipped as he held it, and he placed it atop the podium, the stone creaking audibly. Her head canted to convey obvious curiosity with fingers dipping just enough as though distracted by such a simple thing as a heavy box. "Just remember - those records are sealed, dear. If I discover that you have dug into my appearance before, I would have to kick you from the course. For even looking into it." He smiled genially. "The program has the HoloNet relay tapped. After all, we paid for it. Nouane may have only joined the Republic after the Mandalorian Wars but we never joined any of the Sith Empire's that followed it - not even Revan's, who saved us - we all appreciate our independence after all."

"Of course. I would never dream of trying to search the HoloNet nor my families records for such information. There is such a thing as medical privacy and a crafters sanctity of hidden works." This was all preamble and she had something waiting. She hoped that whatever that box was or this conversation was leading to would be worth the delays she causing in answering her awaiting privileged conversation. "Do you need help Professor?" she offered as she took a half step forward, arms opening slightly to show open hands. Offering, waiting.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Combo with the Mod-King

IC: Tarsus Valorum and Vy’ndall Tremyr
    Aboard the Halcyon Dream, Vy'ndall’s room

After a short aside, they were present and accounted for. Valorum cast a casual glance at his time piece, which was in-fact a sophisticated sensor for listening devices, and it found none, or, rather none that it was attuned to.

Then he went to business.

“We need to discuss Tarkin, my friend,” he did not have a need to lie to his potentially future ally. “Militarism is afoot if Tarkin takes primacy; which increases our chances for war. I know not much about your people, but I know that they are without a homeworld. I would expect that to align you with a more peaceful approach to matters - having lost a home at some point in your history.”

Valorum sighed. “I fear that if we rearm, then we will entice conflict with the outer reaches of the galaxy, and militarism is often expansionist in nature... we have been at peace for a millennium, reestablishing our old borders. But if we push beyond them, we might antagonise devils we do not know.”

Palpatine will agree with me, after all he is from pacifistic and isolationist Naboo.” He said, pacing. “Arkania will make Adasca neutral in any issue, and of course Roan will be the mouth piece of his monarch; who has close ties to Grandmaster Yoda.”

Valorum cut back to Vyn’dall, expecting a response.

Vy’ndall watched Valorum carefully, still maintaining a pleasant and engaging facade. Did a spy droid know why it was made, or the things it did? Was it aware that it brought ruin to others? Did it care?

In the end, it was best to have measures at play to prevent the advent of spy droids. No matter what form they wore. It was better to prevent than to lament. And there was much lamenting due to lack of prevention.

All that would change in due course.

Both Vy’ndall and Valorum were seated, their refreshments remained untouched as Valorum went straight to business.

Again, Vy’ndall’s expression remained placid, as Valorum opened with a salvo aimed at Tarkin. The nagai understood that Valorum’s brush strokes painted Tarkin as a militant supremacist, and it wasn’t meant to be complimentary. Vy’ndall much preferred to formulate his own opinion about the beings he encountered- however, Valorum was right about one thing: he didn’t know much about the nagai people.

Vy’ndall kept his focus on Valorum, while his mind began to work. He had to give the human credit for being politically canny. He’d already split the class into factions- established dividing lines according to his own understanding, and now he attempted to gain a majority through ‘predictive thinking’.

Sadly, the human -in Vy’ndall’s estimation -either assumed too much, or was here on a fact finding mission- or both. He spoke of the latest arrival, Palpatine, with great familiarity. That was curious.

More predictive thinking, no doubt.

By his own words, Valorum presumed to know how Aurrenna and Roan leaned on any given issue. True, they were by default extensions of their given political arm, but if they were here to be automatons and literal mouth-pieces, then why not send protocol droids in their stead? No, matters were not that simple. The King’s messenger always knew more than he let on.

Once Valorum was finished, Vy’ndall leaned back on his chair and made a small thinking sound, even as he brought a graceful pale hand up, and held his chin with his forefinger and thumb. His eyes narrowed slightly as he collated internalized information on several levels. How best to answer, what to disclose and so forth. This ‘interview’ was taking place outside of class, but it was still valid and had consequence in the greater scheme of things.

Like minded? That was yet to be seen.

“I wonder, when you speak of reestablishing old boarders, was that accomplished without conflict?” he stated and asked all at once, his voice carrying a thoughtful tone.

“Wouldn’t the act of ‘reestablishing old borders’ be considered expansionistic? Were the regions affected welcoming? What was wrong with the borders as they were?”

And now, Vy’ndall leaned forward, his expression becoming more neutral.

“We lost Nagi to the Tof, a superior expansionistic force, because we lacked an adequate military defense force. Conflict came to my people. Unbidden. Countless nagai were slaughtered and enslaved, but our spirits rejected the boot of oppression. We rebelled against our would-be-masters. We grew stronger because of that conflict, though the price was great indeed. Peace must be protected and defended. We didn’t have the Jedi, like you do, or anything like them- or Sith for that matter, so you can understand how they can be somewhat-fascinating.

They represent your strongest defense. They are armed with your most mythic weapons, no?”

Vy’ndall graced Valorum with a small smile, then leaned back once again before continuing.

“There is a lesson in that particular bit of history. Peace and Defense are not mutually exclusive. We see this dynamic play-out in nature no matter where we go in the galaxy. There are born predators who bring conflict. It is our duty to be ready to defend against them. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Vy’ndall’s pleasant expression returned as he looked upon Valorum. His graceful hands steepled over his chest. It would be interesting to hear what the human had to say- or- to see if he understood.

See, Valorum had no idea about the Tofs, but he was deeply intrigued by the mention of the same, even if they pushed the Nagai firmly into the militarist camp; which was itself useful to know.

Valorum would have to research these Tofs... were they a species long gone, or surviving today. He knew not the name. But; nuance.

His expression had remained cavalier as Vy’ndall verbosely threw questions both pointed and rhetorical. He response was languid, however - one he had exchanged with Tarkin back on Eriadu many times over. “Militarism creates threats both real and imagined. If not for these ‘Tofs’, then your people would essentially have created their own enemies to defeat with themselves; civil war begets militarism - it is why the Republic disarms it’s standing Navy each time the threat passes. I could name eighteen conflicts which would have resulted in a galactic war had it not been for the relative ebb of militarism.”

Valorum merely referenced all eighteen actions by Corellia to secede during a dispute in the Core, though the eighteenth had been over internal issues rather than a spat between Alsakan and Coruscant. Indeed, his point spoke on numerous levels as the seventeen conflict between those two Core Worlds had ended with Alsakan disarming - and no further violence between the two had occurred for nearly three millennia thus. “Your species felt the hammer from the Tofs so horribly because of the contrast between before and after - but had they been members of a galactic union, perhaps, before your diaspora, then the collective response of the community would have ended the Tofs shortly after.” Valorum was reaching, but, presumably the Nagai diaspora existed because the Tofs were still an issue, albeit under a different name.

He had no way in which to know the Nagai were from another galaxy; a satellite one, at that - Companion Beta, or, known more locally as Firefist.

Vy’ndall nodded as he listened. It was not an automatic motion, but one that signified that he agreed with Valorum’s words. However, agreement in this case was merely personal.

“The fact remains, there was no ‘Republic’ -no jedi- to save the day, and so, we must make the best out of our present situation.”

If only Valorum could know the horror that was brought upon by the Nagai Diaspora, perhaps then he would see things differently. But he was a product of his carefully manicured and safe environment and would remain so, through no fault of his own.

“Disarming in the name of peace is quite a diplomatic victory, I must admit. The greater good wins over pride and pettiness, although conflict seems to be a recurrence that cannot be entirely dismissed from our existence; therefore, we must devise the very best way to manage it.”

A beeping sequence sounded somewhere near Vy’ndall’s desk before any more words could be exchanged, at which point the young nagai gave Valorum a solid nod as he rose from his seat.

“Well, that’s all the time I have for now. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to chat with me, I rather enjoyed it.”

Vy’ndall extended a pale hand and offered it to Valorum to shake. The Tremyr Family signet ring glinted on his forefinger. A sliver ring housing what looked like an oval Blood Opal. The ornate family crest was etched upon its face.

“I look forward to our next encounter.” He said genially and waited for Valorum to respond in kind.

Valorum was quite suspicious of beeping desks, that he was. They were quite acceptable social cues to end a discussion, but similarly, a remote could trigger a comlink, and create the impression of an incoming call to end something purposely.

The Eriaduan reached out to take the hand, only absently drifting form the proffered limb to the Nagai face. Valorum was required to paint the man into a faction before he left the room - he could feel it.

Militarist.

Tarkin would take advantage of the man, and so Valorum would be required to attend on the others. If one more joined Tarkin, then the class would be divided in two - as a consequence of the even number of students that now made up the class. Valorum slightly cursed. Deadlock was the call of the Republic today; the Professor has to see that it could not afford to be the same for this program.

He took the hand and acquired his most sincere smile. “Thank you, my friend.” Valorum indicated the desk with the hand as it was released. “I shall leave you to your call.”

With nothing else to say; he departed.

TBC

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Professor
    Amphitheatre

"Help...?" He regarded Adasca's hands, and nodded. "Oh, yes. Please. Take that to my room, please. Young Palpatine is waiting for me." The box was heavy, but not horribly so. It did not so much jangle as a weight shifted within, but that didn't tell Adasca what was within. Again, the Professor seemed to glance at his hand.

He muttered to himself. "How curious."

Without much else to say, the Professor led the way, and although he could sense what was pressing upon the young woman, he gestured for her to go on, taking the box by his door. He did so quite abruptly, because Valorum had appeared around the corner, leaving the room of Vy'ndall.

"I will take this, not to worry." The Professor swiftly took the box, and moved into his office. There was an almost audible click. He had locked it for the night. The shutting of the door resulted in Valorum looking up, and seeing Adasca. "Ah ha!" He quite jovially said, and walked to her room door. "I would quite enjoy the briefest of chats, Aurenna. Do you mind? Vy'ndall very kindly offered me a chair whilst I discussed our class task."

Indeed, the sensation that Aurenna had to hurry to her room increased. Irritation was becoming evident in the urgency.

---
    Roan Lath's room

In the meantime, there was a keening comm call, the screen lit with code.

This call would merrily pass through the HoloNet; it was so heavily encrypted that to attempt to break it would telegraph the fact to the highest office on Thustra. Apparently detecting that Roan Lath had arrived in the room, the call began almost the moment his door closed. That particular function to his desktop had not been mentioned when the Diplomatic Corps handed it over to him with the assurance that it was impossible to tamper with... because they had already.

[​IMG]

It was King Alaric himself. He did not avail himself of the pleasantries. "We have heard the news about the boy from Naboo. Tell me everything, my child." He was leaning forward in his throne already. For a face etched by age already - for Sephi were especially long lived, and indeed the monarch of Thustra was renowned for a friendship with Grandmaster Yoda that had lasted more than a century and a half - he looked riven with worry, albeit the kind of intense regal worry that had the air of penetrating intelligence.

It was quite the feat, but then again, Alaric was a king.

---
    Tarkin's Room

Whilst Tarkin's room was not altogether differently setup, his communications system was similarly connected to the galactic HoloNet but had been vetted by his family contacts. Whilst I could not speak for the idiosyncrasies of a scion of the Tarkin family, so I will leave the description of his boringly grey and black and white room to him - though there was something especially scarlet in the room, probably, as a connection to the traditional coming-of-age rite on the Spike back in the harsh jungles of Eriadu, it was what it was.

He did not have an overriding message that forced its way between various locks and so forth.

No. He had two messages, requiring a response. Each were marked urgent.

One was from his wife, but the other was from Ranulph Tarkin; his nephew, who was closer to his age than not.

Undoubtedly they were in-contact about Palpatine also. News travelled fast, insofar as much as the Professor had sent official communiques to the governments of Coruscant, Eriadu, Arkania, and Thustra. There was not a specific place to send a notice to for Vy'ndall, which maddened the Professor so. They knew, because he had told the class so.

There was also a fifth place the update was secretly sent, but why was another story altogether.

So, simply put, Tarkin had two messages to reply to.

---
    The Professors Room

He arrived with a smile affixed to his face, and Palpatine could hear Valorum's singsong jauntiness even through the door. How droll, and blatant, the Chancellors son is. Palpatine sniffed, and then paid attention to the Professor’s wandering eyes.

"Tarkin picked out the book on Sephi and Anzati, yes?" Palpatine stammered, but the Professor continued. "Smart choice - he could target both Aurenna and Roan, with that. I doubt you let him glean much though, did you?"

"Um, no sir," he said, as the Professor moved beside him, turning to place the box on the desk. "Of course not -"

The Professor did not open the box before he picked up the laser reader that Palpatine had replaced; but obviously, not precisely enough. "So you read the sheet of paper," his head turned knowingly. "And eyed the book?" He inclined his head. "You didn't just take it?"

Palpatine found his tongue entirely tied, but the Professor pushed on. "Tarkin didn't say anything about the statues, or the lightsaber?"

His eyes widening, Palpatine pushed back. "It is a lightsaber?"

"Yes," the Professor said, absently. "It wasn't originally, but is now." He shook his head. "Well?"

"No, sir," Palpatine said, trying to keep up. "Tarkin didn't express any inclination towards them - just the book." The Professor nodded to himself, settling in his chair and folding his fingers.

"Very smart, that one."

"Sir?" The younger man attempted to appear attentive - because he had no idea what was to be expected of him right now.

TAG: @Mitth-Fisto (combo), @greyjedi125 (continued combo), @The Vanguard, @darthbernael

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Tarkin's Quarters

Tarkin returned to his room, locking the door behind him and returned the security system to active function. He removed his dress jacket, hanging it back on its hanger and returned it to the wardrobe. His eyes raked the room but between the Program’s own security, and his, the room was undisturbed. Subtle shades of grey, black, and scarlet draped the space, touches to remind him of himself and his home. One item caught his eye, his datapad on the desk, an angry red eye was flashing at him, demanding his attention.

Before he checked what he was sure were incoming calls or messages, he set up the scanner with instructions to use the same frequency as the penlight Palpatine had used to scan the data from the paper, doing as much analysis as possible, including handwriting study. He opened the datapad, ignoring the calls for the moment, and inputted commands to search the books that had been in the Professor’s study. Once found the program would scan each, looking for any data relevant to his current situation.

All those chores completed, he turned the focus to the communications. As he had thought there were messages, one from his wife one from his cousin. One patrician eyebrow raised as this was against their set schedule of communication, but then he thought more and realized this must be due to the new arrival to the program. ‘News travels very quickly indeed.’

He activated the message from his wife first. Should anyone have seen her they would be unsurprised to see a severe looking woman, dressed very much as he usually was, Eriadu tended to produce a very certain type of character. ‘Usually,’ thought Tarkin, ‘although there are exceptions’ as Valorum came to mind. She began to speak.

*Husband,

We have received news here, through the Program’s official channels, that there is a new student that has joined, a scion of Naboo. However, Ranulph will cover that more thoroughly, I am certain. I know the year of study there is halfway done, so only another six months before you return and resume your duties, moral has fallen, to a degree, in your absence.

I understand that Tarsus Valorum is in the selfsame class, I never understood what his family saw in him, especially to allow him into such a prestigious Program, but perhaps it was a desire to stay competitive with us. Neither of Eixes sons currently seem as though they will amount to much, but do appear to have a degree of political acumen so be wary of him attempting to turn the class to his side.

When you return we have other topics to discuss, it nears the time that we must create a heir to the House.

The reason for this off schedule message was to mention the young Naboo and my concern that, given his past and such schools his presence may become extremely disruptive.

Your Wife*

He sat in thought for a few moments, before activating the hololens and composing a reply.

*Wife,

I understand how news of such a disruption to the class, a new student, could be taken with consternation. He is young, but headstrong. I have met him, and spoken with him, and I can see where his attitude could cause concern, but properly directed he could become a strong presence and a potential ally.

As to Tarsus, he is in his element, preening and posturing for all he is worth, but I believe most see through his facade. I remain wary that he will find like minded classmates and cause this Program, developed to bring together disparate elements and create alliances, to fragment, but I will stand as I always do, and be a rock to shelter against disruption.

Morale, that is a troubling element. I will broach the topic with Ranulph and ensure it does not deteriorate further before my return.

As to our duty to the House, yes the time does indeed near. However, I am confident that we will produce the heir that does the House proud.

Your Husband*

Tarkin then turned to the other waiting message, from his nephew, Ranulph, a rising presence in the House.

*Uncle,

I write that we have received news from the Program that a student from the isolationist world of Naboo has been admitted halfway through the term. I have had the House dataminers scouring the Holonet for information about the young man. The data that has been brought out is less than encouraging. He has attended multiple programs before this, more than a few prestigious schools, none of which he lasted at for more than a year.

Our Corps of Intelligence has made contacts on his homeworld. The information thus far acquired paints a picture of a divided House, that the son and father are in opposition, especially in regards to an upcoming election. The son, young Palpatine, may be willing to listen to a person who holds similar sympathies, that worlds need to be an integral part of the galaxy and not isolate themselves.

If you have made yourself acquainted with the young man, forward your impressions of him so that our dossier becomes more complete and a better overview of the situation can be made.

Likewise, we know that the eldest Valorum scion is a member of your class. Beware, from all reports he affects a foppish air but has a very keen political mind under that facade. The Intelligence Corps is also sure that he will do his all to turn as many of the class against anything you propose or attempt to speak upon.

Ranulph*

Tarkin thought about the last day in class as well as the conversation that had occurred in the Professor’s quarters no that long ago. He considered all that had occurred and ordered it in his mind before he composed his reply.

*Ranulph,

Yes I am acquainted with the young Palpatine. I have observed him in class, where he added to the discussion in an obviously political manner. He is, as reports suggest, much against isolationism, but there are also glaring fallacies in his arguments that suggest that much of this is self derived knowledge and that his overall outlook is based on incomplete information. That, however, can be rectified. He does have a keen mind, one that just needs broadening and he will become a force to be reckoned with.

I will continue in the same vein that I have with him, to date, and do what I may that will help with such broadening of knowledge.

As to Valorum, yes, there is much hidden under that exterior of his. I have already seen and experienced the end of one of his rants, of course directed at me. I am also sure he has begun his campaign against me with other students, probably using incorrect information about me to sway their opinions. Soon enough, such tactics will reveal themselves and will do more harm to his efforts than good. I will, in this situation merely continue as I always do, and allow my actions to speak for me, rather than any words that can be misconstrued or misused.

To round out the roster so that the Intelligence Corps can do their job most efficiently I have listed below, with a very brief note for each, the remainder of the class.

One who you may have the Intelligence Corps research is Aurrenna Adasca of Arkania. I am confident that it was either her family or those on her world that were key to the reconstruction of the Professor and that they may attempt to use such knowledge to sway the entire program.

Vy’ndall Tremyr, a Nagai from Coruscant, extremely intelligent is another member of the class. If anything turns up in his dossier advise immediately. He is quite willing to debate whichever side of a subject that seems to fall in line with his values and upbringing, which is admirable. Someone who does not hide behind a false front, but instead follows their values can be a strong being indeed.

Finally, Roan Lath is a halfblood Sephi/Arkanian with ties to the royal house so I am sure they are behind whatever political agenda ends up being backed by him. He too is highly intelligent, often choosing to remain silent rather than expressing an opinion that could be either against that agenda or too personal.

Aside from the class in general, Palpatine, and Tarsus Valorum, my wife did mention that the morale of the forces has dipped, in my absence. Put out through the Protocol Office channels, subtly, that I will be severely disappointed if the Forces do not maintain their usual high standards while I am otherwise engaged.

Should anything else require an off schedule message send it immediately and I will do likewise.

Tarkin*

Having finished responding, Tarkin rose, drew the scarlet curtains over the viewport, and returned to the desk, the same that he kept on his flagship when on duty. He’d had the standard desk removed when he took these quarters, as the small touch of his own material gave a sense of home. Placing his palm on a certain section, he closed his eyes, always disliking this part of using his security system. He cleared his mind as he felt a sharp prick in his hand, blood sluggishly oozing forth for a moment as something reached into his mind, a physical sample and a sample of his non-physical being were always required to open this particular drawer.

Should anyone manage to acquire both and figure out where the drawer was they would be surprised by what was revealed when the drawer opened. Inside was a small metallic box shaped object and that was all. Tarkin retrieved the box from its compartment and held it in his hands. He closed his eyes, and sat there, still, holding the box, while he contemplated what was coming and where the flow of the Program would go.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, (@Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard - Mention Only)

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Professor
    In his chambers

Matters were rolling out quite nicely. He dismissed Palpatine to sleep; it was somewhat late in the day. Sitting at his desk, he steepled his fingers and regarded the lightsaber siting on the shelf. "So, one noticed the lightsaber. But neither of the statues." He regarded the clock-tower art behind it. "Or was it the clock-tower."

He picked the book that Tarkin had up. "Sephi and Anzati, eh?" The Professor could not work that out. "Why Anzati, I wonder."

Without much else to say, he threaded his finger across the bookcase and pulled out in a very ancient script. He began to regard the statues. "I wonder," he began to flick through the pages, absently aware of whether Palpatine was listening from the room; he wasn't. The teenager was already asleep. The Professor mentally calculated; it was quite late Naboo time - space-lag was a thing.

With a care threading of the page, he inhaled the smell of the old book, but didn't think of much else. He allowed his mind to empty and the pages to guide him.

This would have been easier if he didn't have to be so darn careful.

But not for much longer.

--
    Tarkin's chambers

As was want to happen, Tarkin's dreams would not be so much as fitful as busy. Memories bubbled up, as sleep allowed him to pat-down the most curious seeds of knowledge in the most fertile brain-soil, so to speak. The dream would be much as it always had been for some time; a pendulum that swung, left to right. But, whenever it swung right, it did not curve naturally up the same distance as the left, which swung much higher.

It was as if the centre of gravity was off in the entire concept of, well, motion, force, and so forth. The left hand side was artificially weighted, almost as if someone was catching the pendulum and holding it up at the end of the left arc, and stopping it from progressing the most right way. In essence; the balance as out, and tremendously towards the left.

Every time Tarkin had this dream, the leaning to the left was somewhat further. Someday soon, it might never swing to the light, sorry, to the right, ever again.

If someone was to be particularly accurate about such a dream, it would be almost 45 years before the pendulum was completely off-kilter.

It may even make one wonder at what point was a pendulum merely off-balance and instead broken.

You'd have to ask the pendulum.

--
    Vy'ndall's room

His conference done, matters would be continuing as ever for the Nagai. That was, until there was a rap at his door some hours into the night; it was the Professor. He had a book under his arm; it seemed relatively weighty.

"This is for you, I think."

He held it out. It was a text entitled. Zabrak or Iridonia - the Crossover between Dathomir and Iridionia and what it means for future relations in the Inner Rim.

"
    You seemed relatively interested in the way the Jedi view history." The Professor indicated the book. "Dathomir has suffered at the hands of the Jedi and the Sith, as much as Iridonia. It is an example of species pollination that was forced, to excuse the pun. Zabrak would never have been on Dathomir if not for the Sith, but the Jedi would not have created the system which prevails between the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers on Dathomir without, you guessed it, Jedi interference."

He passed the book over; it had no weight. "There is a decent preamble in this book, which references Iridonia and Dathomir and the Sith as early as the Old Sith Wars." A flutter of his free hand. "Exar Kun, Revan, and all of them. But the really juicy stuff is under a Dark Lord called Kaan. Go on, take it."

"When I find my book on the original Sith species, perhaps that will intrigue you on what happens when a species divide also encompasses a political one - tracing the Sith species after the Great Hyperspace War is quite intriguing." A shrug. "Alas my library is quite disorganised."

But in all of that, Vy'ndall would be intrigued to know, with absolute certainty, that the Professor had just lied.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto (outstanding tag), @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @The Vanguard (last weeks TAG remains pending)

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Corridors

No sooner was she free of one delay, no matter how important and here she was being stopped at another. The Professor had a right to her time here, this Valorum did not. When he looked at her she had that sensation of something dropping as he asked, "I would quite enjoy the briefest of chats, Aurenna. Do you mind? Vy'ndall very kindly offered me a chair whilst I discussed our class task."

"I would not mind, but biology has other things in mind at the moment. If you would not mind a brief delay?" She replied as she hurriedly minced toward her room. Playing a part of a need that any could relate to, as well as a social faux pas one might commit if the need was great enough.

"Biology..." Valorum blinked, and then slightly reddened as he realised just what Aurrenna meant. "Oh, of course."

Biology. Why had it taken him so long to put it together?

"Did you want me, erm, want to wait outside or come back later?" Valorum realised he had performed a social faux pas then. "I will come back later. Perhaps I shall find Vy'ndall or Roan." He perked up. "Or better yet, young Palpatine."

She sympathetically smiled at the man as he fumbled and excused himself. Raising a hand she fluttered her fingers at him and inclined her head, "Yes. Later would be perfect." she said as she excused him and herself from this conversation. Backing toward her door she blindly keyed in the pass code from memory behind her back before entering her suite. It was time to take care of 'business' as it were.

TAG: TBC

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Tarkin's Quarters

Tarkin awoke and, with the dreams still occupying his mind, headed to his desk where he picked up his datapad. He accessed the communication suite, attaching a simple spoofing device should anyone be attempting to access his messages. After he was sure the message settings were secure he wrote a coded message to an anonymous dropbox he had memorized the address for.

*Ser,

The dreams continue, the balance is unstable, seriously so. It seems one side is actively causing an imbalance. I have considered the options and am, as of yet, still uncertain of what the correct course of action is.

I understand communications with you must, of a necessity, be only in situations where the need is dire, but I do not see the path, as of now. I ask, do you have more information as to whether the deep game must be played or are immediate results the goal, at this time.

T*

With the message sent Tarkin headed to the fresher. Standing in the pouring water he considered the dreams of the night before. ‘The balance is off, being adjusted further and further to the dark. Someone, something, is affecting it. Somehow there is something involved in this Program that was involved with why the balance was becoming more out of alignment.’ He left the fresher and began preparing for the new day.

Several times, as he prepared he found his hand drifting toward the desk, his eye seeking the datapad for a reply, but caught himself. Looking at his reflection he could see the slight lines that were beginning to form in his face, as the past and future warred for his thoughts. However, the concerns raised by the nights dreams continued to occupy the majority of his mind.

He thought further and knew that the tipping point was approaching. But what was, when was, the moment to affect it so that the balance remained, or must he tip it further to the left, so that in time it would break the cycle and the grip upon it would loosen?

As he pondered, he thought about the last class and the topics that the Professor had suggested. Perhaps something there would allow him to create a better understanding of what he must do, how he must influence events so that the corrections would be made. The more he thought on it the more he knew he must propose topics that would be closer to other classmates concerns and ideals than his own.

Until he could begin to make such observations, he would be hesitant to throw his support behind any of his classmates and their potential agendas. His support would have to be subtle nonetheless, but until he had a better grasp of it all he could not act without allowing more chaos into the equation. And then his datapad chimed, a message had been received. He turned it on and a figure appeared, cloaked and hooded, face hidden in shadow. It began to speak.

*T,

At this time you have been given the responsibility of ensuring what may occur with regards to the Program occur as needed. It does feel that the correct flow of galactic events, as well as what is known, could be affected by either the deep game or an immediate response. Therefore, I propose you acquire more information and learn more of the situation before making a decision one way or another.

B*

The gist of the message did not surprise him, the fact that the overall response needed was still in flux was, likewise, not a surprise as not enough was known yet. ‘So, what I thought ought be done is the best course for now.’

Satisfied and pleased that the response he had gotten was in line with his own thinking, Tarkin finished his morning routine and prepared to leave, for a new day in class.

greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Vyn’dall’s quarters

There was a persistent rap at his door, which brought him out of his slumber. Vyn’dall had stayed up, going over certain documents and studying as required. He had gone to bed later than planned and was looking forward to some decent sleep, but that hope was dashed. Though somewhat annoyed by the sound, the Nagai got up from his bed. He squinted his eyes to see and found that the security system issued no warning or alerts- and neither did his intuition.

But the hour was indeed late.

"Now, who in blazes…”

Vy’ndall grabbed a robe, which he put on before signing the disengagement code as he reached the door, then opened it.

The initial light from the hallway shone through the open door, momentarily bathing the caller and framing their silhouette.

“This is for you, I think.”

Vy’ndall squinted to take a better look, even as he recognized the voice.

“Professor?”

Gracefully, he took the proffered book and looked over the title.

Zabrak or Iridonia - the Crossover between Dathomir and Iridionia and what it means for future relations in the Inner Rim.

Vy’ndall’s eyebrows raised-up in surprise, then a quizzical look came over his face as he regarded the Professor.

“You seemed relatively interested in the way the Jedi view history." The Professor indicated the book.

"Dathomir has suffered at the hands of the Jedi and the Sith, as much as Iridonia. It is an example of species pollination that was forced, to excuse the pun. Zabrak would never have been on Dathomir if not for the Sith, but the Jedi would not have created the system which prevails between the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers on Dathomir without, you guessed it, Jedi interference.”

Clearly, there were many thoughts running through the Nagai’s mind as his eyes searched the Professor’s countenance. Sadly, he would glean little else outside of the man’s pleasant demeanor. Absently, he found the seeming weightlessness of the volume as a momentary surprise.

“There is a decent preamble in this book, which references Iridonia and Dathomir and the Sith as early as the Old Sith Wars.” A flutter of his free hand. Exar Kun, Revan, and all of them. But the really juicy stuff is under a Dark Lord called Kaan. Go on, take it."

"When I find my book on the original Sith species, perhaps that will intrigue you on what happens when a species divide also encompasses a political one - tracing the Sith species after the Great Hyperspace War is quite intriguing."
    A shrug. “Alas my library is quite disorganised.”

“Professor...I… ” Vy’ndall began, paused, then gathered his thoughts and continued.

“Thank you. This is a great boon.”

His dark eyes looked once more to the book with great interest, his mind fully awake now. He then looked back at the Professor and gave a respectful bow.

“I shall not be late for class, I promise.”

A small smile etched itself upon his face as he began to retreat back into his quarters.

“Good night Professor.”

19. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Quarters

Upon his return to his room, feeling collected and ready for a restful night, Roan was suprised yet again. "Oh what now? A comm call? Probably from mother."

A heavily encrypted call was incoming on his display that Roan detected to be abnormal. Apparently the comms station in his room was motion activated in sync with the hatch, since it lit up as soon as he had arrived in the room. The call began almost the moment his door closed. That particular function to his desktop had not been mentioned when the Diplomatic Corps handed it over to him with the assurance that it was impossible to tamper with... because they had already.

[​IMG]

Roan didn't mask his surprise and did a double-take before bowing his head in respect. It was King Alaric himself and he did not avail himself of the pleasantries. "We have heard the news about the boy from Naboo. Tell me everything, my child." He was leaning forward in his throne already. That familiar face, saggy but in tact. Roan was not accustomed to speaking face to face with the King. Despite being his 3rd cousin, to Roan did not let his guard down with his Majesty. As of late, the rumors that eventually make it off the planet off Thustra and arrive to Roan's isolated existence have been nothing but whispers. Ghostly talks of King Alaric not being himself, of shutting down the wisdom of his closest counselors. Another look at the King and one would wonder if the whisperings were true. He looked riven with worry, albeit the kind of intense regal worry that had the air of penetrating intelligence.

It was quite the feat, but then again, Alaric was a king.

"Your Majesty, I was not expecting you." Roan didn't break eye contact out of customary respect as he sought to read the aged Monarch. King Alaric did not repeat himself as he maintained his gaze. "But a welcome surprise this is!" Roan was fumbling now. "I am still learning about him sire, he is most peculiar with his arrival since students aren't allowed into the program once it has begun."

A brief silence lingered in the room, this felt more like a sit-rep report than a family member checking in on him.

"I will report back once I find out more your Highness, with the utmost urgency."

TAG: @Sinrebirth (10 lashings for being tardy)

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tarsus Valorum / Aurrenna Adasca (Combo with Sinre)
    Returning to Adasca

He did not quite manage to find anyone to converse with, and he was very inclined to speak to her before anyone else. Palpatine was busy with the Professor; Vy'ndall had proven... somewhat intractable, in hindsight. Roan Lath was hardly going to come out as a militarist, but Adasca would be needed.

Returning to her door, he politely knocked. "Lady Adasca?"

That was horrendously formal, but it might prove to embarrass her, at least as much as she had embarrassed him... even inadvertently. Inadvertently? Valorum was curious to see. Palpatine had chosen to sit next to her, but Tarsus had never been able to read the Arkanian. So, what did Palpatine see in her that Valorum did not?

Wearing ridiculously plush slippers as a minor concession to 'comfort' in her private quarters she answered the door. "Valorum, thank you for your kindness. Please, come in." she waved him on into her room toward a waiting chair.

Valorum smiled back to her. “My dear, thank you for waiting up for me.”

He swept into the room, and regarded it. “I would speak to you about Arkania’s position on a topic close to my heart, if I may.” He had not yet sat, as he was leaving her to do so first as he was guest and she was host.

The smile on his face remained broad and fixed; genuine, too - he had great hopes for Aurrenna.

Taking the subtle cue, either he wanted to follow some arcane social standard from his world or feel he was establishing dominance, she took her own seat and waited to see what he would do next. It was very interesting to see him animate with her in this situation so privately, it was revealing that these were not merely grandstanding in the class room.

"By all means. Please." She simply stated as she smoothed out imaginary wrinkles in her dress.

“Tarkin is a Militarist. He seeks to rearm the Republic by repealing the Ruusan Reformation. His families expansion of the Seswenna sector fleet is nothing more than a prototype for it.”

Tarsus held out a hand. “You represent a key Coreward system. Naboo, Thustra - my father’s own administration; I know that they do not agree with Militarism. I cannot see Vy’ndall and his species history of having been subjugated wanting to militarise again.”

He casually bandied around that recently discovered Nagai history as if he had known it all along. Not that he had yet to research these ‘Tofs’ and nor would he disclose much about them until he did; it would not do to besmirch a newly discovered species in-case his father intended to do something official.

“So it behooves me to ask that you stand beside the Core principles of peace with me and the others.”

"I am very glad that you have asked. But I must admit you have a few flaws in your assumptions." She waved a hand skyward, "Those who have lost everything to war are more likely to polarize. Peace at all costs, or peace through pacification. Either at all costs. Monarchies are tricky business as well, just because the king dislikes the war the child might crave it. I don't know enough of Naboo and our green friends world to know what that stance is."

Standing she moved to a side cubord that opened to reveal bottles and assorted food cubes. "Would you care for anything to drink?"

“Please, if I may.” He accepted the drink, but not the food-cubes.

“Sephi are very long lived - virtually immortal, actually, though they don’t tend to advertise it - their monarch is a pacifist, and I doubt they will replace him anytime soon.” Valorum shrugged. “He is too close to Master Yoda, for one.”

Setting about to pouring a drink she smiled into the cabinet at the news she was getting without even trying. "Well, that deals with one wrinkle. Thustra should be firmly in line then. What of the Dark eyes? Nagii?" she said with dismissive wave as she finished pouring the drinks.

Turning she handed the slightly fuller one to him, before retaking her own seat. "Besides our class I don't see where they hold much power beyond bending ears here or there." she sniffed dismissively as she swirled her drink before taking a long smell before the small sip. Letting it linger and change upon her tongue for several moments before finally swallowing the bouquet that had been allowed to blossom there.

Valorum took the opportunity to savor the drink. Dark eyes?

He caught on. "Vy'ndall is, as you intuited, concerned about militarism, but he is ambivalent to Tarkin specifically, which works in our favor... though Naboo is quite isolationist, as you suggest. How much Palpatine can or cannot bring to the table is a question - save for a voice in the class, which is itself valuable." Valorum frowned against the warmth the drink encouraged. "But we all know what I can bring to table is - I am the son of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic... but does House Adasca enjoy control over Arkania and its multitudes of scientifically driven factions?"

"We are a strong if not leading voice upon the councils. Which are themselves not unlike this class, small groups of barely a handful that decide for all. Each leading family has a voice, but as we are all similar we do lack the diversity and troubles that the Senate or here face." She stated with a dismissive wave before taking another sip of her drink. Working the thoughts and wheels of all of this. She almost wanted to goad the conflict onward, but if what the other was saying that would require her stand with Tarkin instead. Dismissing the notion as she focused on this conversation. "As the son of the current Supreme Chancellor, besides his ear to buzz in and a family legacy reliant on winning the regular votes. You have no real control of any world or sector do you?"

Tarsus snorted, somewhat heady from the drink. “I have replete politicians and corporate backers lobbying me. I’m being groomed as the next Chancellor, using the Valorum name to win the next election. The only question is whether I’m running against my father or not.”

A slight smile. “I will likely be nominated as a Senator in the coming months, and then I’ll go on. It will be interesting. And I look forward to helping the galaxy to come.”

Valorum slowly stood at that point, leaving his drink.”Perhaps I should ask if you’re going to be able to offer me much, no?”

Leaning back she poised a hand to support her head. "Didn't I just answer that question before my own? Perhaps this stuff is too strong for a mere human." She replied with a smirk.

“Political affiliations are one thing,” Tarsus said, grinning. “But what do you have to cement an alliance? You know as well as I that Roan will loath working with you, even vaguely, against Tarkin.”

The man leaned forward slightly. “I am sure a woman of your many talents would know things. The program makes use of Arkanian medics to modify the face of the Professor, after all...”

“... once you have something like that, I will make our alliance known to the others. Then we shall crush Tarkin, and once I am Chancellor... perhaps a quite lovely Vice-Chancellor will stand beside me?”

With that, Valorum inclined his head to her and left. It was political posturing at its finest, but Adasca? Vice-Chancellor? Her superiors would be pleased, and it might even encourage some of them of how easy it would be to take whatever they sought.

This little deal could be the beginning of something truly incredible for her.

With a sly smile as she stood to show the young man out she simply nodded. "Such a simple request. Until later." she simply replied. As soon as the door closed she rearmed her custom security on her room and turned toward the chest by her bed. Simply staring, thinking. Such a glittering prize more than any jewel within now shown in front of her grasp. Was it real? Or a gilded trap? Unfortunately it was one she could hardly afford to ignore.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Professor and Palpatine
    Later

After the polticial meetings came to an end, and King Alaric grunted, non-committal but clearly disappointed, and ended his communication, night fell upon the complex. It was all as much as it was, as it had always been. Even the addition of the sixth student did not change the suns rotation, nor that classes would resume tomorrow. Palpatine found himself, fresh as a teenager could be, staring at the ceiling, trying to work through everything. The Professor had shown him, ever so briefly, the contents of the wooden box, but as far as he could see, it was a boring, mundane chessboard.

Not much else to add to it. If anything, he was sure that the Professor was still awake; even through his door he could hear the man rambling about inter-species conflict; the minority that they represented holding a disproportionate amount of the wealth and resources by virtue of their disparate roots; the monstrous appetite of humanity both expanding the Republic and consuming it; that the creation of hyperdrives which could cross the vast distances between the galaxy and the satellite galaxies was the next great frontier, not stagnated exploration of the so-called Unknown Regions, which had resisted efforts to colonise in earnest for the last millennium - even when the Republic expanded to galactic frontiers in the extreme north and south which had never been apart of the original Republic.

It was all very dull, even if contextually it was incredibly useful, what with Palpatine strictly speaking having originated from a backwater in the Mid Rim.

He dozed, and fell asleep.

--
    Hours Later

It was the dead of night when the Professor shook him awake. He ordered him up, and Palpatine, clad in his shorts only and having quite forgotten that he was on Nouane, picked himself out of bed and followed the Professor as he rapped the doors of the other students hard; Vy'ndall, Aurenna, Roan, Tarkin - but not Valorum, he managed to realise, as he woke himself from the heavy sleep of the a teen. He was up earlier than most his age, due to an almost determined edge to his desire not to waste time sleeping, with a vow one day to just abandon sleep entirely if he could master the skill, but hormones and so forth meant that he was struggling somewhat to exist in this twilight hour.

The Professors voice, however, was loud and angry enough to wake him up more than once.

"Everyone to the amphitheatre now." He was more acceptably attired in a black-robe, tied at the waist and with slippers of a black kind upon his feet. "If you are not in front of me within two minutes, I will kick you out of the school myself."

His robes twirled, and Palpatine blinking with his understanding, suddenly rushed to keep up, entirely forgetting that he was all-but bereft of clothing. He was in his seat first, bolt upright, conscious that whatever it was - the Professor was livid.

A curl of a thought stroked at Palpatine's mind.

Or very afraid.

TAG: @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard, @greyjedi125

OOC: If you all reply swiftly enough, I shall post again this week, as I have posted early this week also. I am afraid that drama is afoot.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Approaching Storm

He simply could not believe it. The rap at the door had continued with an almost feverish intensity, and with a 'huff', Vy’ndall got-up, after failing to ignore the sound which did not go away as he’d hoped. He was sleepless and seriously infuriated at the unwelcome intrusion. As he strode to the door, he managed to grab and slip into a bordeaux colored silk robe. His displeasure was clearly etched on his face as he opened the door, ready to unleash a lambasting tirade.

His eyes, which he’d narrowed into black slits-suddenly opened wide and his jawed slacked- shock and surprise on full display on his normally pleasantly unreadable countenance.

Professor…!?”

Without ceremony or pleasantries whatsoever, the Professor had not only demanded his presence, and that of his fellow students to the amphitheater, he’d even threatened expulsion.

Vyn’dall looked to Palpatine, Aurrenna, Roan and Tarkin, all present; he wordlessly asked with his expression if they had any idea of what or why this was happening, but they seemed to have as much knowledge in the matter as he did, which was none.

As they entered the amphitheater and perhaps occupied the very same seats they had before, the nagai noticed the absence of a single student. Valorum.

His eyes lingered for single heartbeat at where the celebrated man once sat, and absently wondered at what could possibly be amiss. If he was honest with himself, which he was more often than not, he’d admit at a very distinct feeling of unease that was slowly rising to enshroud the class.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin
    Quarters/Classroom

The dreams had come again, but after the message from his contact they did not trouble him as they had before, he had a better idea of why and what to do. Being a light sleeper he was almost awake before the security system on his door indicated that the Professor was banging on it. Before he even heard the words, or acknowledged the time, he had thrown on a dark grey robe and leather shoes. His holdout blaster went into an inner pocket of the robe, never without it.

He heard the anger and….something else, in the Professor’s words outside the doors of the students quarters. "Everyone to the amphitheater now. If you are not in front of me within two minutes, I will kick you out of the school myself."

Already attired he opened the door before the Professor was more than a few steps away. Trailing him and Palpatine, he made his way to the classroom, taking his usual seat. He watched as the others also stumbled in, at such an early hour. His military training had him used to such schedules but it had been months since he’d had to be up so early so he stifled a small yawn with the back of his hand and thought about what this may be about.

Looking around again he discovered one notable absence, Valorum was nowhere to be seen. ‘Whether this is about him or not, the fact he is not here does not bode well for why we’ve been roused and assembled.’ he thought. However, he knew the Professor could have any one of many reasons for why he’d done so so he would wait and discover the why before he made any assumptions.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Vanguard,

greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Quarters to Classroom

When the summons of the pounding on her door had come she had bolted upright in her bed, one hand at her own throat and another towards the chest by her bed. It was only when she heard the stern words of the professor in the hallway that she relaxed. Quickly throwing her face on, which only took a couple of seconds with the application her family provided at ridiculous expense, and a thick shimmer robe that matched her soft sole slippers she quickly was in the hall and quickly and quietly making her way forward. She hadn't placed the call yet, such things were best left to morning light, so it couldn't possibly be her fault for whatever it was. She found herself twelve steps behind the rest of them soon as they made their way to the to classroom.

The conspicuous absence of one member had her standing with curious eyes glancing about. The eyes of the innocent. After all she hadn't done anything wrong. . .yet. Quietly removing the earrings, soft pink quartz, from her pockets she quietly put them on as she waited. Whatever the matter it seemed the lad not only couldn't hold his liquor but his tongue as well. Chancellor indeed if her curiosity fired hunch played out. If she was right, the class numbers were about to be balanced with six including the Professor again.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @The Vanguard

25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Quarters to Amphitheater

Roan had often pondered the origins of dreams and what place they took in a sentient being's life. He had dreams before that were more premonitions of what eventually happened, causing him to believe in the otherly and the mysterious, even a firm belief in the Force. Yet he also has had dreams of bubbles and colors and other nonsense that didn't make any sense. To the Sephi, dreams had meaning or at least a level of sacred respect the shaman's perpetuated. Deep within a dream, Roan heard the clatter of a fist to a hatch, *slam*. Gravitating towards the grey, Roan's subconscious mind levitated towards the noise. *SLAM* The noise was getting louder, he couldn't almost feel the intensity from the dream start to escalate. *SLAM SLAM SLAM*

The Professors voice was the domino that slowly but rapidly peeled away the dream and zapped Roan into a panic.

"Everyone to the amphitheatre now." Roan shot up and hopped onto the cold ground, the tingly sensation of his nerves waking up at the bottom of his feet. "If you are not in front of me within two minutes, I will kick you out of the school myself."

Grabbing his cardigan sweater and slipping into his shoes, he hurried out into the hallway where everyone was already behind the professor. Palpatine, of course, was right on his heels. Aurrenna, however, was lagging at the opposite end of the hallway. Probably had to make herself look nice, typical females, he thought. Joining the rest of the group he headed towards the amphitheater.

@Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @darthbernael