main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    18 years & counting at the boards today....

I feel old...er. :ben:

@greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @Sith-I-5 , @Laine_Snowtrekker You all have been with me for more then 10 years. Just a gentle reminder of Father Time. ;) Grey, ah, since 2003. So a few months shy of the full 18 years. 8-}:ben::ben::ben:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    16 for me.............and I just got better! ;) In that time I have raised two toddlers to adults and one is married. That's how you know you've aged, when your kids are freaking married!!!

Bravo, greyjedi125 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Lets see...I've had 3 professional careers, lived in two different States & 8 different cities, and married & have a toddler with a second one on the way this year. So yeah, I understand. The list just keeps growing. :p

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Because, how awesome is Star Wars!! We are on a life journey together- a journey made better by the friends we make along the way. AND it just keeps getting better! W00T!! [face_dancing][face_party]

Adalia-Durron , DarthIshyZ and Bravo like this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Truth brother. Truth! No matter how far I stray in this life, I always end up back at the boards and "family".[face_peace][face_party]

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Cannot and will not argue with this statement............I have even gained relatives from this place so nothing but good things to say.

DarthIshyZ and Bravo like this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yep. Two of my best friends met here, dated, and got married. And are still married all these years later. It was the only wedding that I ever attended as a guest that I had tears. It was one of those amazing things to see.

@greyjedi125 & I met many, many years ago (2009). Its always amazing to see people in person. It only reaffirmed our great friendship & brotherhood on the boards is the same in real life. I know the internet is filled with doom & gloom and some really awful people. But there's also good people, little rays of sunlight in the darkness. And its those people that make places like the boards here worthwhile and a story to tell.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My brother met his wife through me here, @GoddessJainaSoloFel and they are still married, she's Canadian and he's Australian (I know weird that my brother is an Aussie too!) and my daughter met her husband through me here - @Albaholly - they've been married 2.5 years and he's from Manchester England, they live here too. Two other members who I won't name but have left met because they had to come together to meet me when I went to the US and that was 14 years ago and they are still together! In my mind Star Wars is like the Force it binds us. ;)

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    @Adalia-Durron, so, to add to the Aussie predators (Drop Bears, etc) you guys have to deal with... magpies?? WTH?

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh, they dont kill................well one man died yesterday because he fell off his bike and hit his head and even with a helmet on it killed him. But the Maggie didn't do it per say. I've been swooped, you keep your head down and DO NOT LOOK UP, there are been eyes lost by kids who look up. They are just protecting their nests this time of year.

Having watched that, they are English, do they live here or are they in England!?!?! Cause it looks like England to me!!!

He dude that died was 76 - had a heart attack when he fell apparently.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *thinks*

2004... 15 years in Novsmber. Sheesh. I was newly single when I joined the forums and looking to crash/dive/drown headlong into an obsession to distract me. D’awww, memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenSabe7 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And it was like a whirlpool that sucked you down into the depths where recovering from it was impossible. Yes?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  14. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    [face_hypnotized]

So, in other words you're the unofficial match-maker of the JCF then, eh? Do you take volunteers to make introductions for? Asking for a friend... :p

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I would say I am.....in fact introduced two people a few weeks ago...... and yep, feels like something's developing!!

Thing is,it's not intentional!!! Not once did I try?!?

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Thus some of us are just bum out of luck :p

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, a question, since I'm finally getting my professional & personal life balance back together.

Where do I post (Resource or here?) about Paradoxical Echoes recruiting new players? [face_dunno] I can't seem to remember & what I do remember, I don't even know is being used anymore in Resource in a meaningful fashion to recruit.

We finally got our wiki library updated for the next "chapter" of our game and we're ready to steam ahead. Its only taken since March. :rolleyes: Not like I'm OCD or a perfectionist or anything like that. [face_liarliar] In any event, with my GM plate clean of the wiki updates, I have lots & lots & lots of time to post in the game now. Consequently, we have a big universe, amazing storyline & current players, and in need of more players.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Not sure, I check the interest measurement thread from time to time, Hoopers, and game titles for that thing normally if I want a new game on my plate.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  20. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Glad to hear that things are becoming more balanced :)

There is also a thread regarding casting for specific roles over here. That might be of interest too.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You're cheating on me with other games? :eek:[face_not_talking]

:p

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you![face_peace]

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  23. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You're welcome :)

Jedi Knight Fett and Bravo like this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Now, now. We agreed to see other games, it's not my fault only I have done so. [face_cowboy]

:p

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bravo likes this.