main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Sans_Fi

Sans_Fi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    It also has those little curves in the hull connecting the exausts to the rest of the ship that is reminiscent of the Clone Wars Y-Wing.

Also, comparing the LEGO Y-Wings, it seems like it doesn't have the top of the exausts as spherical platings.

2. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    Speaking of comics:
    [​IMG]

vncredleader, Snafu55 and Senator Wan like this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    How ironic that the Tico sisters would fly aboard the likely unmodified versions of these craft.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So they used Star Fortresses to dig apart a world and the women end up flying Star Fortresses? I don't think that makes any sense IU for Rose or Tico to do that.

6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Given that we are talking about Rose... I am not sure whether "sense" and "Rose" can be in the same sentence :p

Pons likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are the ones we saw in TLJ of a different model or modified? Because going by the pic so are those ship blasting down like canons, not dropping any bombs.

8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The ones in the comic are modified. It says “converted bombers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    The Star Fortresses were often used as mining vessels, while the events of TFA were going on the Bombers we saw in TLJ had been taking jobs undercover as miners, while one squadron mined the others bombers used drills to mine like those ones are.

( Cobalt Squadron Book )

Wrinty, vncredleader and Gamiel like this.
  10. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Good look at 3 of the new TIE designs
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Senator Wan likes this.
  11. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    The new armored TIE fighters might be two seaters given the turret underneath. Didn't Kylo's TIE have one too in the trailer? It doesn't in this poster.

12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It is not ironic though, they served on those vessels because they had experience with them

Outsourced, Senator Wan and Wrinty like this.
  13. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Going from that poster, lots of Sith Troopers is what we can expect.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Since juicy ship leaks have been pretty much nonexistent for RoS, what would y'all like to see in the film? I'd be perfectly satisfied with 1 new MC75/MC85-caliber Mon Cal cruiser design; Allegiance is too much of a tease, no? MPO-1400s or T-85s would be nice, but at this point that's nothing more than a pipe dream.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Allegiance will be out in a few weeks. I'd say the odds of us seeing some new Mon Calamari ships (or old ones brought back into service) in it and TROS is VERY high. ;)

--Adm. Nick

16. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Don't wink at me like that! I need to know!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m mildly annoyed the collection is out a mere month after the four issues. I want to follow it, but I don’t want to spend money wantonly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004

Sean_Connery and vncredleader like this.
  19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The ICS for TLJ and the Visual Guide both confirmed that the Starfortresses were developed and deployed during the last year of the war against the Empire. After the Empire was beat at Jakku and signed the Concordance, many Starfortresses were converted to civilian uses. I suspect that the First Order commandeered some mining variants that the folks on Hay Minor used and modified them for their purposes. It would further explain why Paige and Rose are so familiar with the vessels.

Adm. Nick

20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Although Crosssections did not account for the removeable weapons clips rather crosssectioning an unremoveable full ship, I like that they are adapteable with lots of variants of the weapons cache. Be it for transport, mining as first seen in said comic with a Mining laser clip, bombing as seen in TLJ, or else. What other variants are thinkeable? Food drops for relief missions we had in novels too. There even might be farming variants that can seed or water fields, much like modded B-Wings could be used as fire extinguishers on Endor.

21. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    Kylo's new TIE is called the "TIE-Whisper".

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The bulked up red TIE Silencer?

23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If they made a stealth Tie that actually makes no sound it would be neat... but didn't it make one in the teaser? Not fitting then.

24. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    Yep, that one.
    I agree, but perhaps they will change it in the movie. I'm also not a big fan that it stands out for being the only TIE with no "action" in the name (bomber, striker, fighter, interceptor, silencer etc.).
    EDIT: thinking about it, that's also the case for the "TIE Dagger".

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well according to the responses I got in the general questions thread, there's no sound in space in the Star Wars universe. So it wouldn't matter much if you made a silent TIE. Unless you're flying in a planet's atmosphere...but then again TIEs spend most of their time in space anyway, right?