main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Not at a Terran university, maybe, but who's to say in a galaxy far, far away where people still age (albeit seemingly without any effects from relativity :p).

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Coming from a someone with a RL degree in Geography (me), I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yes things in Cali...Bakura are indeed happy and it's hard to be upset with falling to #2 when there are four top 25 teams for a 10 team conference. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Like this post if I should do my craziest idea ever. (And yes, it's even crazier than firing Cundertol.)

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If you mean crazy as in breaking the game so badly that it will be locked, then no.

Otherwise, yes.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'd say that's a quorum. :D

Buckle up. ;)

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    First it's really hard for me to "like" this post because this happened to the Redskins. Even though I am not a huge fan, I had neighbors and friends with tickets. They were envied, they were special. One by one they gave up those tickets cause the team sucked in so many ways :( It was sad to watch, now it's gotten to be so bad you don't really care anymore. But I don't wish this kinda fall on ANY sports franchise.

For years the Skins denied they had any problem selling season tickets, they kept claiming the wait list still existed. Even when they tore out seats and created party decks just so the stadium wouldn't have as many empty seats. It couldn't have been more than 2 years ago they finally admitted publicly there was no longer a wait list. (I honestly think it was just last year!) It was so pathetic, by then everyone knew there were unsold seats. And as you saw yesterday, bleeding continues. Hopefully nothing like that will happen to the MIners.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Trieste likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You almost certainly don't have to worry about that for a number of reasons. :D
    1. The Miners don't own Bakura Gardens--it's owned by the City of Salis D'aar and leased by the Miners on gameday.
    2. The Gardens host several other events, including Carnation Bowls, All-Bakura High School Championship late-round games, and most importantly...
    3. UB Salis D'aar games. Considering they're a top tier program for the world and currently ranked #2, I think they're not having trouble selling seats. In fact, I should remember to write that into a post (if Ken doesn't beat me to it)...

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, so what is going on over there in the Solo? You have NPCs up at the top of the standings with Player teams falling further and further behind. One of those NPC teams even has the best record in the league! At least in the Skywalker we have the good sense to keep our NPC teams last in the standings where they belong...

Well, this season anyway. Pay no attention to that NPC winning a Galactic Cup last season. :p

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If I wasn't enjoying the dumpster fire that is the Miners, I would be crying.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    That's rough to hear about that @Runjedirun but at least the Skins aren't working hard for a tank job like Miami this season. Killer to watch. Just gotta enjoy seeing the young guys because 0-16 is looking very, very, real to me.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Skins aren't smart enough to tank. Luckily I have never been a fan. I almost was once in 7th grade after their 2nd super bowl win of my lifetime. Mark Rypien was supposed to visit my school. We sat in the gym on the bleachers excited for about an hour just to hear he couldn't make it. I was so disappointed because I was a huge football fan. But I grew up in a Packers/Jets household (parents from Jersey and Milwaukee). So I never had a strict allegiance to any NFL team, but Mark not showing up really left a negative impression on me. He did show up at several other middle schools in the county. He could have rescheduled, but he didn't. I know it probably wasn't his fault now, but tell 12 year old me that ;)

Vehn likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_rofl]

All y'all talking about tanking and lost seasons and 0-16. You realize I'm a BROWNS fan right? :p We've been inept for the last 20 years, I mean the Browns have been the equivalent of an NPC team basically (and not the winning kind we all hate like Kashyyyk) since they've gotten back to the league. and Baker mania or not, we still have to prove we aren't somehow going to be a joke going forward.

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And we're back to limmie! Because I said it in my post regarding the Miners:

This is so fun I almost never want the Miners to win again. [face_laugh]

Vehn likes this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    @Trieste nicely done getting the OOB back on track with the OOC. Smooth.

Trieste likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    What can I say? It's a week for me getting things back on track with smooth operators.

And now I've inadvertently come up with a bit for my next post.

Vehn likes this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You’re going to blow something up?

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I couldn't possibly edge in on @jcgoble3's specialty. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I heard that!

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Maybe it's because I'm watching college football right now...but I'm pretty sure I missed 66.7% of what just happened in GCAA limmie. [face_laugh]

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't more. :p

DTU and UBSD actually ended up tied for first in terms of die rolls (each got a 16 out of a potential 18) but DTU ended up winning out on a tie breaking roll. Norand rolled a 14 (out of a potential 18), KMI got a 13 as did Csilla (with KMI winning that tie breaking roll). The sixth ranked through ninth ranked teams all rolled 12s on the season, with the current rankings determined by tie breaking rolls. Then the real fun began as every team ranked between 10th and 20th rolled elevens. The current rankings a result of tie breaking rolls within that tier, but of course that's subject to change next week as Conference Championship games hash themselves out.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For the record, I wrote the description of that play:
    1. Without knowing what the score of the game would be (so it could have been wasted had the Sky Captains been shut out)
    2. Without remembering the Emmys were last night
    3. Without knowing what happened at the Emmys
    So, unlike the Miners this season, I got oddly lucky. :D

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Good to see the Bucs making progress in the equality department.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Even if they're losing ground in the winning limmie games department. [face_rofl]

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.