main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Darth Smurf and 2Cleva like this.
  2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hopefully he understands that Marvel and Star Wars are two very different things. He's brilliant, so I trust that he will make good decisions. If Star Wars gets to be anything like the MCU though, I'm out.

3. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I thought it was cool to not make a SW movie that didn't feel like SW? That was what was applauded by fans of RJs work in TLJ.

Fiege can do what he wants. Hopefully he sets the stage for future Star Wars movies to come.

4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    We'll love it 3000.

5. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Exactly.

2Cleva likes this.
  6. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    I think he's done a great job of capturing the essence of Marvel and translating it to film. He's very skilled at distilling characters, pairing them with impeccable casting, and creating arcs for them that let their unique qualities shine through. If he brings that to Star Wars, I can't see a downside.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Will Spider-Man be in this one?

9. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    Sending thoughts/prayers/offworld jawas to @Bor Mullet

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Which brings up the question what will he be drawing from in the books and comics? He's not someone who creates himself as such but adapts from others and brings that to the screen.

The basic problem is that so far everything in movies they've done is to try to recapture what Lucas did with the OT. The only one that worked fairly well (with problems) was R1. Solo was decent but forgettable while the ST is...yeah that is a whole other forum discussion.

Justin Gensel likes this.
  11. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m not personally convinced he’s anywhere near as singularly responsible for even 75% of the love he receives and instead feel it’s just that Marvel has a stable of great characters and tweaked the formula over time and that the casting director picks big Hollywood actors who first come to mind when thinking up the parts. As the movies have been loved by fans they’ve been more desirable to all involved and the talent has improved.

I also will just about guarantee that his movie will again rely on an iconic existing character who’s been tested by fans and has a marketable comic book that it will be Thrawn’s origin. Approached like a Marvel origin tale and that many fans will love it and see Fiege as their new hero.

Darth Nave, KSennia and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Putting bets it's the long lost Boba Fett movie.

13. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    That's definitely the big question right now, which will probably not be answered for months/years! But I do see that as his core strength, seeing what works in existing characters/settings/stories and translating them to film.

The Hollywood Reporter article says "One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there’s a specific role he would like that person to play if and when he makes the movie." To me that means he's got an existing character he wants to bring to the screen. Thrawn? Mara Jade? Ahsoka Tano? Waru?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016
    I am excited. I think that if any film gives me a hint or an indication at what can be done by Feige and his team with Star Wars it is Black Panther. Come on would love to see Ryan Coogler direct a Star Wars movie.

15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    I agree to a large extent but if KK had done the same with Star Wars that KF has done with Marvel in terms of characters and stories then everything the last 4 years is an entirely different conversation. If even Luke, Han and Leia were treated like Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow were then everything else being equal it's still a different movie universe.

Everything was there to adapt new movies from. The heavy lifting was done. It was just about translating that to the screen.

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

New Jedi Order.

I'm mostly kidding. Mostly.

17. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    The Marvel films' best thing, imo, is their ability to connect with each other and bring in multiple stories/characters in a pretty great way. I can see why they'd get someone like Kevin, especially after pulling off what he did with Endgame.

18. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I'm so there if Crystal Star goes big screen.

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Seeing how a lot of their recent language revolves around planning out the next 5-10 years of SW content, post Saga, maybe they'd want his help on that kind of thing too. KF, make a movie, set up a decade type of thing.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Again this was him following what has been done in Marvel comics for literally decades. That he was able to pull it off is good for him but that isn't in Star Wars.

Star Wars is really about the Force, Jedi vs Sith and the Skywalkers. If cutting the Skywalker part out that leaves the rest.

Which all ends at the same place. It's was relatively easy to plan the MCU in theory because they had the stories already. The hard part was the execution itself. Which got easier as each movie made more and more money.

The very best Star Wars characters are all tied to the Lucas movies and that era. There are some others but what made characters like Thrawn or Ashoka was the ties to those characters. If Ashoka weren't Anakin's apprentice would be really care that much?

Anyone who could really do something with Star Wars probably won't want to work for Disney because they want to do their own thing.

The futures I see for Star Wars is mining the past that Lucas already created or the EU material like KOTOR which is inspired by Lucas.

As I said before Star Wars is about the Force, Jedi, Sith etc. I don't know that is enough for more than one movie every couple of years for it to be sustainable.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  21. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I have the same opinion on this as I do our other two announced producers for upcoming Star Wars movies: I'd really rather someone else, but hopefully it's good.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Doctor Aphra the Motion Picture: A Starvel Wars Story

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If that's the film watch all the haters automatically turn and say Fiege is a genius, mark my words.

Granted I'd be totally down for that.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Spoiler Alert: According to TLJ, it ends badly.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I'd probably watch the crap out of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.