main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    j-rod, plz don't embed autoplay fox news stuff. use youtube or put it behind a tag thx

Alpha-Red, PCCViking, MrZAP and 5 others like this.
  2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Let’s say, for sake of conversation, your figures are correct. (Nevermind that you went from 100,000 period to 100,000 per month; but whatevs.). Let’s say, for sake of conversation, that we can’t accommodate 1.2 million people per year. (Nevermind that this would be a crazy awesome influx of consumers and tax base, but whatevs.) This still sidesteps my earlier point, which is why don’t we address the issue of why they’d wanna leave where they are in the first place.

Rew, vncredleader, Abadacus and 6 others like this.
  3. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    How is that our business? Look, as much as I'd like to tell other countries how to run their stuff and live like we do, we don't get that authority over sovereign nations.

Mexico is run by the cartels. First thing to fix their issues is legalize guns for their citizens so they don't end up with their heads on spikes. Then we reinstate the death penalty for any public servant caught working with and protecting the cartels.

Then we run to Venezuela and set up a capitalist economy so everyone can get the goods and services they need.

And that's just the beginning. So how do we start to accomplish this?
    My bad. I didn't realize it was an autoplay video and how to hide it. For a guy who has a podcast, I'm not overly computer savvy. But in my defense, it's not a very good podcast.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Uh, you realize the reason why most of these nations have problems is because of the U.S., right?

5. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Yuh...

6. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    But your solution to us completely screwing them over is to... screw with them more?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    C'mon, J-Rod. You can do this. This is not a difficult a logical connection to make.

If she weighs the same as a duck ... then she's made out of wood ... and therefore ...

Rew, Yodaminch, vncredleader and 7 others like this.
  8. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I'm not sure of the geo-economic domino set you are referring to, but how did we screw over El Salvador, for instance?

9. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Bruh. U.S. trained death squads.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, what Mexico needs is even easier access to guns, because there just aren't enough shootings there.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    LOL. Yes, ordinary Mexican citizens should have guns to shoot at the cartels. That... that will work perfectly.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We have the resources to take care of/accommodate homeless native-born Americans as well as any asylum seekers.

We choose to spend it bombing brown people in the Middle East and letting the wealthiest .1 percent do whatever the hell they want.

That’s not a economic problem, that’s a morality problem.

Rew, MrZAP, Healer_Leona and 8 others like this.
  13. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    You're acting as if the cartels are having trouble getting firearms. I have news for you...the only people who can't get firearms are law abiding citizens.

That's kind of an over-simplification of the situation.

Removed. /heels

But seriously, The Cold War was what it was. It's why we should have taken the fight directly to the Soviets instead of both sides fighting the war with surrogates. I was enlisted at the time. I would have been all about taking it to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2019
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Taking the fight directly to the Soviets = nuclear war

Good idea!

Alpha-Red, Rew, Pensivia and 8 others like this.
  15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    By the way, winky face or no, I don't think this is ok.

17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Yeah, Vivec may want a word!

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What is wrong with it? It’s a stupid, needless, harmful, expensive thing to do when the facts show that 90% actually do show up for their court appointments.

I just don’t like imprisoning people unless it’s necessary. It’s not necessary here, any way you look at it. If nothing else, it’s a waste of money.

It’s not a very realistic expectation if doing so results in one’s child being taken away and thrown in inhumane conditions that could result in death.

If the US wants asylum seekers to seek out the system then the US should make the system humane and non-threatening. Trump has emphasized the complete opposite, he has emphasized punishing asylum seekers in order to deter them from seeking asylum.

Also, detaining asylum seekers, or literally any human being, in inhumane conditions is an egregious wrong. Just in case you forgot what happens when asylum seekers do enter the system.

Rew, La Calavera, Pensivia and 6 others like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He not only emphasized deterring asylum seekers, but he called them animals.

20. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Can we report this as a threat? Please?

Bacon164 and vncredleader like this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    J-Rod likes this.
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It’s the exact phrase that got Ender permabanned, only Ender referred to Christians. Religion is protected under the hate speech policy; political identity is not.

23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Just did.

Bacon164, vncredleader and MrZAP like this.
  24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    This seems like a problem with the hate speech policy more than anything. We should change it even if it isn't retroactive (meaning J-Rod isn't punished).

25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah but last I checked, you're not exactly allowed to talk about wanting a group of people dead, regardless of whether or not that group is protected by the hate speech policy. I can't just talk about wanting to eat the rich, for example. That said, I don't have any want to get J-Rod permabanned from here.

FatBurt, Pensivia, SuperWatto and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.