main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I do my best to never look at you.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Considering that it's almost a year before the event, and I have heard from a few people that are trying to decide between this and school, hotel rooms and tickets will be aplenty as it gets closer...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ouch! [face_laugh]

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I cancelled my reservation at the Red Lion and I only have a reservation at the Sheraton Park Hotel. I'm only like a 7 minute walk to the con now and doubt I will be changing again. 7 minutes is nothing, even if I'm in my Tie Pilot costume. I did a 5k in it the other day and survived.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    darthvader88 likes this.
  5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Excellent PT! Do you have any pictures of yourself at that event?

6. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you! I was wondering about doing an AirBnB, but I'll still keep looking.

Do you think it might be possible to share a room with someone if I haven't found anything, or is that not allowed? Just curious. Again, this is my first time going to the Celebration.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No sorry I don't. Tomorrow I'm going to be at the Air and Scare at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly. There should be tons of good pictures to share from that.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    No, when you check in, hotels conduct a thorough friendship test to make sure everyone knows each other...

Sure. If you're comfortable rooming with a stranger and can find someone willing to do the same, you certainly can. I'd be leery about doing it, but I'm an introvert by nature. I'm sure others have done it with no issues. Just be careful.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In the past people from here have hooked up for sharing. If you decide to try that route, you can make the initial approach in an open post but take it to PMs once things get beyond that. These forums are publicly visible so don't put any personal information here.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    SkywalkerShine and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    This could have been worded differently...

SkywalkerShine and ChrisLyne like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Probably..I meant it in the non-intimate sense, of course.

12. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    edited

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  13. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    I understand. Thank you. I'll just look for a hotel room for myself then. I'm very careful and I don't want to do anything I'll regret later. Thank you.

14. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I am a Choice Hotels member and I booked a hotel through there that ended up being $1033 for five days for a room for four people. It is five or so miles away, but the once that was closer was $300 a night which is way too much. If something pops up that is reasonable and closer, I can cancel.

darthvader88 likes this.
  15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I got notice today that all nights of my Marriott hotel room have been confirmed. I've been sweating that one for quite awhile, wondering if I needed to go get something else just in case.

SkywalkerShine and darthvader88 like this.
  16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I booked a Days Inn that is less than 8 minutes away and about $630 from 8/25 to 8/31..

17. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Does anybody remember offhand what the nightly rates for the Hilton & Marriott Hotel across from the convention center are?

18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    With my confirmation yesterday it said $269 a night

darthvader88 likes this.
  19. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    And how many nights are you staying?

20. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    $239 for Hilton, $269 for Marriott

darthvader88 likes this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If anybody is interested, I have a hotel reservation that is super close at not too bad of a rate that I reserved off the Celebration website that I am planning to cancel. I already have another reservation somewhere else. If anybody would like to coordinate with me, please shoot me a PM and we can arrange a time for me to cancel it and then hopefully you can just pick it right up. Although I can't guarantee anything, I don't know how that system works, just that I'll cancel the reservation and immediately let you know when I have done so. Let me know.

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Forget a hotel...I'm renting this thing for the week...

[​IMG]

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Looks good to me!

darthvader88 likes this.
  24. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I work two nights a week at a Marriott to help pay for things like Celebration, so that’s the chain that I’ve booked through. The employee discount code is MMP. Friends and family is MMF. I’ve been periodically checking rates to see which Marriott near the Convention Center is offering the best employee discount. Right now I have a reservation at the Four Points Sheraton for $111 a night. About half a mile from Disneyland entrance and 1.5 miles from the convention center.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    So I went ahead and canceled my reservation at Celebration Hoyel and booked here, no less than 10 minutes away from the convention center...[​IMG][​IMG]

SkywalkerShine, Rox and ChrisLyne like this.