main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Spent part of the weekend working in my Shrine room. I had to rearrange shelves to put my HT Obi-Wan and SS Endor Luke on their shelves. While I was looking around and moving things I found that a gel wrist rest that I had unearthed a couple of weeks ago - that looked fine when I unearthed it had opened up and seeped all over on my floor. Further examination showed about 4 dead tiny lizards stuck in the goop. My guess the poor things saw it thought it was water and they drowned in the stuff :( (I really wouldn't care if there were lizards in my room - they'd take care of any bugs that got in there.)

The stuff is horrific; it got everywhere. I tried a bleach solution on it - that marginally cleaned it up. I then just brought in a pumper of soap and scrubbed w/ it and that got most of it up. It got all over a puzzle box - thankfully the puzzles were all in bags but I think even the nice lenticular cover for the puzzle box is done in. Also got it all over my Solo- movie speeder box - so that got taken out of package. I got the stuff all over me also. Bleh!

I think that I have most of it cleaned up, I'll work on getting the rest done later this week.

I'm working on moving stuff around a bit. I have some figures in box that I need to find a place for to bring them off of the floor. Oh the joys of too much stuff and not enough room for it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That feeling that you get when you login to your Gentle Giant account after getting a notification that your PG Membership bust (unknown which one exactly) is prepping to shipping and see that you had put the Crait Luke mini-bust on pre-order....and completely forgot that you had done so.

3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Oh thats never good

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Now that I think about it I do recall putting the order in. I'd just forgotten that I'd done it :p I want him so that's ok

5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OMG! OMG!

So I've been playing this online photography game Gurushots forever - the point - play in enough challenges to reach Guru status. I've been at the level under Guru forever. Yesterday I got a Guru Pick on my pick in this Big Nature challenge - I was happy with that (just means the photo received special recognition from the person/people running the challenge.) There were 2 options for winning the challenge - you get the most votes OR you get top Guru Pick.

I woke up this morning and my photo was picked as the TOP Guru Pick for the challenge! So I now have top voting power in the game - but the best thing about it - I WON A SONY MIRRORLESS CAMERA!! They rarely give away cameras and actual goodies for challenges so I even got picked for one of the rare challenges where there's an actual prize!

WOOOHOOO!

[​IMG]

LAJ_FETT and cathiecat like this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I'm getting an Amazon giftcard - with some extra $$ added to it I'm just going to upgrade my existing camera that I've been wanting to do.

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    So here's an interesting question: what's everyone been focused on collecting lately?

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My recent purchases have been books/comic tpbs. I think the last figure was a gold Funko Pop Boba Fett at the local Entertainer.

Gamma626 likes this.
  11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    same as always, Padme and Leia. I do collect other SW collectibles, mainly female characters, Skywalkers, and Yoda from all trilogies.

Gamma626 likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've mostly just been paying down my Hot Toys pre-orders and picking up just a few small things here and there. Summer I usually just let any pre-orders come in and don't buy much new. My summer house bills are high, bleh.

Gamma626 likes this.
  13. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Haven’t been able to buy anything for the last few months due to working away. I’m waiting for the coming assault of merchandise for Rise of Skywalker.

14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I Too am waiting for the assault of merchandise from Rise of Skywalker

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    lol I read that as “The Assault of Skywalker”.

16. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    [face_laugh]That would have been a cool title.

Gamma626 likes this.
  17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    It sure would have been! XD

Thanks for the updates everybody! Always love hearing what people are hunting for, or saving their money for!

18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    No Problem.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am going nuts!!!! If my son is not home from work really soon I will break down and watch it!!!!!Aaaasrrrrgggghhhhh

I never thought I would care but that short scene they showed on game last night made me extremely excited!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    anybody around tonight up for chatting? I am just listening to Queen's Shadow again, which I love doing, a few times when I have gone to sleep listening to it I have dreamed of Padme'. Pretty cool actually! One night just her and another time her and Anakin.

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Pretty good book I take it?

22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I personally loved queens shadow. great book!

23. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I bought Queen’s Shadow a while ago and it’s been sitting on the shelf. I’m going to read it before Queen’s Peril comes out.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I enjoyed it a lot. Many people were bothered by the detail taken with clothing and such as that but I liked that it added something, in many cases those things were not just nice looking, there was often a purpose for the item, not only symbolically but also what the actual use of the item added to the "arsenal and protection" of the Queen and her handmaiden's.

25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Good point^^^