main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is not the TLJ thread. Or forum.

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
  3. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    There have been a great deal of articles on the Internet praising Rian Johnson for being so pro-diversity or about him condemning those against diversity, recently. This leads me to believe that Disney still intends to produce his trilogy.

I'm beginning to believe that it is not a good idea to have expectations for a movie. I feel that a person is just setting him or herself up for disappointment. That goodness I never had any expectations for "Solo" and other movies. Because of that, I was able to enjoy what I saw.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Ubraniff Zalkaz and Demon4x4 like this.
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  5. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That's nice - a support group for people who left Disney/LFL.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Shocked that successful, creative people enjoy working with each other.

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Rian is a SW director. But can we attribute an entire SW trilogy to him? Even after all three films of his "trilogy" get released (IN HYPOTHETICAL TERMS), there may still be controversy regarding how much he contributed to all three films. Will Rian serve as a consultant on the next films? That is likely. But will we attribute the next films to his visionary genius? That I doubt. Lucas set up SW so that new directors can literally lift saga elements right out of the Expanded Universe.

Look, there are battle lines being drawn right now on how much credit we can give Rian for the next films. I see this controversy as a sham. The sad part is that this controversy may never subside. It has been fed by too many news articles which claim to have something yet fail to deliver again and again and again.

8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It's only going to be controversial because some people won't give him a fair shake no matter what happens. Most of the general audience will just judge it upon it's merits however.

Demon4x4 and Outsourced like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm laughing at what I just wrote as well.

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    QFT. Even if RJ's name was literally the only name in the film's credits the haters would still just say that he was only doing what Kennedy and Iger told him to do.

12. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    It is impossible for RJs name to be the only one in the credits. Therefore, this scenario can't be a hypothetical. An approved director will be hired by Lucasfilm and must work within whatever parameters are provided. Lucasfilm is calling the shots and approving the galactic timeline era. Lucasfilm and George basically overdeveloped SW.

13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Sometimes I think Tython is trying to send us all mad so that we all begin campaigning for RJ to be let go just to end our suffering.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    His posts are the abyss that Neitzsche warned of gazing into.

15. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    This post is about me rather than the topic.

Let go from what? What has Rian been hired to do? @DarthPhilosopher

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If you choose to be the scourge of these threads, it should hardly be surprising when your posts produce the desired response from people.

17. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    As far as we know he's developing a trilogy with LFL. Whether this will go ahead, and in what form, depends upon how they want to proceed after IX. Of course you already knew that though because you've asked the question 100 times and you've been given the same answer.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  19. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I was not aware he is hired. But you insist he is hired. I am aware he can propose new SW film ideas to Lucasfilm. This is important because if he is actually hired to do something, he can get let go. People who are not Rian have not been invited to make proposals.

Then you insist I have asked a similar question 100 times....and you or someone else have provided me the answer.

The stories suggest he can make a proposal with Lucasfilm to Disney. But the catch is that Disney needs to approve the proposal.

The other catch is that Lucasfilm could develop and propose a new SW film series without Rian.

;)

20. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    God it's like the written version of what someone sees when they have a stroke. It's approaching something I can recognize, but lies just out of reach of comprehension.

DarthTalgus and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  21. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @Outsourced
    The topic, not the poster. If you don't agree, write why.

22. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    He has been 'hired' (getting paid) to develop a 'proposal' for goodness sake.

Stop with this "but he technically hasn't signed the contract to actually go into production so technically he can't be fired, they'll just turn down the proposal." They've announced that the trilogy is happening so any alteration of that means that, in the general sense, he's being fired or let go.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  23. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    My view is still that he cannot be fired based on the info I have read. Being fired impacts a director's reputation.

You should be aware that contractual obligations, to those on the outside, are open to debate. A proposal for a single film or series of films can be rejected without anyone getting fired. Disney can indefinitely delay accepting a proposal for consideration.

Further, Rian deserves to be insulated from being fired. He directed a successful SW film. You are suggesting he is NOT insulated from being fired.

Then you write he is getting paid to develop a proposal. What is your source and date of the source? You need a source for that claim. You risk providing misinformation on that claim.

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I swear to god, I'm going to go back in time and set fire to Lucas' first draft of The Star Wars and tell him to go make Apocalypse Now instead, just to prevent this stupid ass 194-page cyclical and circular logic screaming nightmare hellscape conversation from ever happening. Star Wars was a mistake. Escapist entertainment was a mistake. The internet was a mistake. Storytelling was a mistake. Evolution was a mistake. We would all be better off dragging our stomachs across the ocean floor while inhaling kelp. You've all made me lose my basic faith in the inherent goodness and overall intelligence of humanity and make me ashamed to be a bipedal primate-descended higher-functioning organism.

Too much has changed over the past few months, I think we should just wait and see what happens.

25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Here Tython I amend it to:

Sometimes I think Tython is trying to send us all mad so that we all begin campaigning for RJ to not have his proposal accepted to end our suffering.

Please leave me with my sanity.

zackm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.