main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    FWIW

2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Abrams is the "Kylo Ren" to Spielberg's "Vader"

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s...perfect.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  4. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    But...Colin Trevorrow...

Or is he Hux?

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He's the Captain Phasma. Dropped into a hole before he could really do anything :p

6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    So this is generic, but here's some potential info on the future of the franchise, as per The Hollywood Reporter's source:

"So with or without Kennedy, sources say it seems likely that Favreau will have a lot of say over the future of Star Wars. These sources also say Kennedy's ideal team includes key roles for Michelle Rejwan, a producer on Episode IX and Lucasfilm's senior vp live action development and production, and Dave Filoni, the veteran animation director and George Lucas protege who directed live action for the first time with two episodes of Mandalorian."

"Sources say Kennedy has a film on deck for 2022, but not the one being developed by The Last Jedi filmmaker Rian Johnson. (No announcement is planned until January.) Kennedy's contract is up in 2021, so whether she will be on the job when this film is completed is not clear."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...tends-kathleen-kennedys-disney-future-1256357

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Favreau and Filoni makes perfect sense.

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    The question is, assuming THR's source are right regarding an announcement re: the 2022 film this January (I'm assuming completely contingent on TROS's performance), what is this film and who is involved? Is this going to be a Favreau-Filoni joint? Is this the Feige film, although that doesn't seem likely given her late-October comments from yesterday's Rolling Stone interview? Is it somebody else? And further, is this the first film in a new trilogy, a standalone one-off, or are they just going with one film for now and leaving the option open for sequels depending on how it's received?

So many questions, literally no answers, and just the glimmer of hope we get this cleared up in ~two months.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that would be brilliant. I would love for both Favreau and Filoni to take a bigger creative role in the future. If they take on the 2022 film I'll be extremely happy!

Announcing it January makes a lot of sense. TROS will be out and Favreau/Filoni will have just come off of The Mandalorian which so far has been a huge success.

ChrisLyne and TCF-1138 like this.
  10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Honestly, even if The Rise of Skywalker under performs (which I don't think will happen, I'm excepting TFA > TROS > TLJ in respect to box office), announcing that the two gents responsible for the pretty much unanimously well received The Mandalorian will be taking on the next film(s) would probably bolster some confidence.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    My take is the origin of the Jedi story will remain. But Favreau and Filoni will give it a unique touch and probably relate it to the origin of the Mandos.

12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Not so much the actual origin of the Jedi, but I'd love to see the Jedi-Mandalorian war. That interests me far more than watching a bunch of monks discover how to levitate things and make laser swords, and a conflict between two distinct cultures is more dramatically interesting than the Jedi-Sith war, which is just two sides of the same coin beating each other into submission.

CernStormrunner and Darth_Bertie like this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    If they do feel the need to give us the origins of the Jedi (which I'd prefer they didn't, as I think that should remain a mystery), I can't think of anyone better to do it than Filoni to be honest. Mortis, the Yoda arc, Twilight of the Apprentice, World Between Worlds - all brilliant examples of Force Lore deep-dives IMO.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm far more interested in the time period leading up to the fall of the Sith than the origin of the Jedi. We could get Tarre Vizsla and the forging of the darksaber. How Clan Vizsla stolen it back from the Jedi which could lead to the Jedi-Mandalorian war. The Sith Empire allying with the Mandalorians to destroy the Jedi but eventually imploding and destroying themselves. We could see the rise of Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. I mean just from the little bits we've learned over the years you could shape an entire Saga completely different from the Skywalker Saga around it.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This could be the greatest thing ever. I love that animated bit in Rebels where we see a brief history of the darksaber, and what we saw of Bane and Moraband in TCW was incredibly cool.

EDIT: "animated" as in 2D animated. Obviously the entire show is animated. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If I had to guess perhaps Michelle Rejwan takes over as President with Filoni and Favrue having high stakes as sorta creative side.

Star Wars is a business after all and there is a difference between story and business.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2019
  17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If there's an appetite for it, I could absolutely see Favreau and Filoni taking over the origins of the Jedi narrative that Benioff and Weiss were developing, but also expanding it to the conflicts with the Sith and the Mandalorians. There's enough potential there for another saga.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    No RJ, possibly no KK and real story writers of Filoni and Favreau at the helm.

Works for me indeed.

Glitterstimm and DARTH FATHEAD like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

A bit disappointing that it's two white dudes replacing another two white dudes....But at least it's two white dudes I trust.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, there is not enough quota here.

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I really, REALLY hope this 2022 movie takes place after the events of TROS. Between the PT, Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian, the Cassian Andor show, AND the Obi-Wan Kenobi show I could go for something that ISN'T a prequel.

DarthRosie, 2Cleva and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder though if it'll be Filoni and Favreau writing and someone else directing or Favreau writing and Filoni directing or some combination in between. That is if they do indeed take over on the film. The article didn't actually say they would. Just that they are going to have a big part to play in the future of the franchise.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I guess I'm less thrilled with the idea of a Favreau and Filoni combo than many are. If it happens, I hope Favreau is more in charge. I know Filoni has the background of SW and working with Lucas, but the "directed live action for the first time with two episodes of Mandalorian" bit is troubling to me when it comes to a live action theatrical movie. And also Ahsoka. I can't let that go. :p

Also, I'm just not sure how to sync this article up with the Kennedy interview we saw yesterday, which was given before B&W left, and which certainly didn't seem to indicate that she was strongly promoting the idea that new movies were being worked on soon.

24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Favreau will direct. There’s too much on the line to hire a novice.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks but I like getting confirmation from someone who actually knows, you know?

Krueger and zackm like this.