main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Training of Darth Erebus: A Sith Empire RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    The Training of Darth Erebus: A Sith Empire RP

This thread has been created with permission from the Sith Emperor, @Sinrebirth, and is under the auspices of the Sith Triumvirate; @Lady Belligerent, @Darth_wanderguard

Note: All members of The Circle of Lords are welcomed to witness and or participate as they see fit.

Main participants and characters

Darth Manticore: as played by @greyjedi125

Darth Erebus: as played by @Quinlan Vos

Dxun

[​IMG]

Here, in the unforgiving jungles of the Demon Moon, one will be tried, one will be trained. Here, where many dangers abound, both day and night, will the reforging take place. The stage is set, the materials are gathered, the mold is ready. What pray tell will be the final result? Will it, will ‘he’, in the end, be worthy to be called a Sith?

This is the tale of his training, Darth Erebus, as designed by his Sith Master, Darth Manticore.

We begin our tale at Camp Moros, which is located deep in the Dxun jungle, albeit not far from an old and long abandoned Mandalorian Outpost. Two tents have been raised as habitations, with nothing but miles of danger in every direction; the Landing Shuttle, nowhere to be seen. There is much history and mystery here, much that an apprentice can discovers and learn, all of it, suffused by the Power of the Darkside.

Now, let the lesson begin.

IC: Lord Manticore
    Dxun, Camp Moros

There was no choice but to unpack and build their habitats in the rain, for such was their welcome to the jungle. This, one could wager, was a precursor of things to come. Even so, they were prepared. It took some time to set-up camp under such conditions, but build it they did. Not long after they had finished, the rain stopped, almost as if to tease the pair.

Still, it was a welcomed break.

Garbed only in his black tunic, the zabrak Sith Lord rose from his meditation and exited his tent, taking in the fresh scents of the jungle as he did so. He stretched out with his senses assessing what dangers might lay nearby, even as he called on his new apprentice.

[​IMG]

Erebus, come. There is much to discuss before we begin.”

Tag: @Quinlan Vos

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

She blended into the shadows, her presence masked in the Force, but she’d nudged Lord Manticore with a mere tendril of her awareness. She was only here to observe.

It’s known that being trained by Manticore is an honor, and she hoped this apprentice was aware of his fortune.

Tag: no one

3. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: High Lord Syren

A master at concealment and hiding, Syren had no issue arriving without disturbing her reason for being in such an inhospitable place - the training of a new apprentice. Truthfully, she was more intrigued by Lord Manticore's methods and was already prepared to take mental notes, but it did not matter. She'd get to witness both.

Crouching low on a rocky outcropping some distance away from where teacher and student had set up camp, she held a pair of macrobinoculars to her eyes and adjusted the focus. With a curious smirk, she settled in and waited for the fun to begin.

TAG: No one, maybe @Lady Belligerent or perhaps @HanSolo29

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: High Lord Aryan Graul
    Dxun

A quiet curse slipped from Aryan's lips as his ankle caught on a gnarled tree root about halfway down the sharp incline. He pitched forward and grabbed frantically for purchase on a nearby vine, but he wasn't able to retain his balance and ended up sliding down the rest of the muddy embankment toward the rocky outcropping below. While he realized that this little stunt would likely compromise his partner's attempts at a covert operation, he didn't seem to give it too much thought. At the moment, he was far too concerned about upholding his own dignity than troubling himself over any potential repercussions.

Besides, it was their fault that he was here at all. Aryan was not accustomed to stomping around in such harsh conditions, and much rather preferred the comfort of his own office. It made it easier for him to subtly pull the strings from behind the scenes and manipulate things to his will...

But the Sith Triumvirate had demanded his presence. They thought it would be beneficial for him to directly observe the training exercises being conducted between Lord Manticore and his apprentice. Perhaps he could even learn something from the experience to assist in his own endeavors. And who was he to refuse such a request?

At least he had Syren to keep him company.

With a slight groan, Aryan pushed himself up into a sitting position and turned to regard his companion. A slight grimace crossed his features, though it resembled something that looked suspiciously more like a smirk. "I understand that this is all second-nature to you," he grumbled under his breath, reaching down to rub at his throbbing ankle, "but do you mind waiting for me next time?"

TAG: @QueenSabe7 (@Lady Belligerent, others?)

5. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    IC: Darth Erebus
    Dxun, the Demon Moon

The rain hadn't done much to dampen Erebus' otherwise bright spirits, for today was the day upon which he would finally receive his first real training in the dark side of the force. He had happily set up his tent on the cold and damp jungle floor, eagerly yearning for it to stop so that he could begin his training under the tutelage of his Master, the great Lord Manticore. The fellow Zabrak was revered throughout the empire, and he only hoped that his own name would someday be held in that same light.

Erebus packed relatively light for the mission, deciding to leave much of his gear, as well as his battle armor, behind. He figured that it would only slow him down in the dense undergrowth of the floor, and it would allow him to climb more easily if necessary. He did, however, bring his belt of gadgets, which he was rarely ever seen without, as well as his sniper rifle, Vibroblade dagger, and Shoto saber. He didn't wan't to be over-encumbered on this journey, but simultaneously figured he would rather over prepare than risk that he might find himself in a sticky situation without one of his weapons.

As the rain slowed, he heard rustling in the tent beside him, presumably his master preparing for what was to come. Soon after, the call for the young apprentice came, and Erebus quickly scrambled out of his tent, nearly knocking his rifle off of his back in his enthusiasm.

As he emerged, he heard a muffled noise off to one side, near an embankment not to far away, and fleetingly felt another presence flit by his own consciousness, but it was gone as quickly and mysteriously as it had come, and not wanting to delay, Erebus pushed it to the back of his mind. He walked towards his Master, curious as to what was to come.

"That was a lovely little shower, don't you agree, Master?" the apprentice laughed, then quickly pressed on. "So what first, my lord?"

TAG: @greyjedi125

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun, Camp Moros

They had reached the Demon Moon sometime in the afternoon, then descended to the jungle filled surface, greeted by heavy rain. Now, evening was soon approaching, along with everything such an event entailed. Far above the darkening sky, Onderon had not quite come into view, but it soon would.

As per his design, the training was taking place several months before the summer joining between planet and moon. That event was reserved for a 'special occasion'.

In his senses, he could feel them nearby; the creatures within the jungle, unseen for now, keeping their distance, studying the new arrivals. Looking for weakness and opportunity. It was perfect. To be both ‘Hunter’ and ‘Hunted’; that was the existential dynamic he required as the basis for training. Not the lulling safety of some structure within a sprawling megalopolis.

Yes, this was good.

As he patiently waited for Erebus to emerge from his own tent, Manticore did not initially react, though he felt -very briefly- something completely unexpected. Better yet: someone. He came to realize that he had not himself perceived, but was ‘nudged’ to awareness. In fact, the moment had been so brief, any other being would have doubted the actual occurrence, but not him. There was no mistaking the ’nudge’ from the Twilight Empress herself.

Unsurprisingly, he had not sensed a direction, neither did he need to. In a smooth motion, he bowed his head briefly, indicating acknowledgement and utmost respect, before straightening again. To be thus visited by one of the ‘Three’, was an honor beyond measure, and so, his determination to succeed was bolstered to even greater heights.

It was imperative that the next generation of sith at least meet the exacting standard to further the designs of the Sith Empire; better still, if they could exceed that expectation.

"One step at a time….”

A hint of a smirk creased the zabrak’s blackened lips.

In the force, he sensed no other Sith except for his own apprentice. No, that was not quite accurate. There was another presence he sensed, which was very closely associated with one that he could not. The weave in the tapestry grew more intricate and interesting by the moment. Absently, he wondered if perhaps there would be a test for him as well?

The smirk widened.

Excellent. Dxun would provide training for them both.

At that thought, Darth Erebus finally made his presence known as he emerged from his tent. The younger zabrak exuded an exuberance which contrasted with the stoicism of his often brooding Master. Manticore did nothing to dissuade it, for he would not need to.

"That was a lovely little shower, don't you agree, Master?" the apprentice laughed, then quickly pressed on. "So what first, my lord?"

Slowly did Manticore turn, silently regarding Erebus. What was more significant than being ready, was the fact that he was willing to undergo training.

“Know that you will be challenged beyond your limits, for this is the way of the Sith. Your body will need conditioning beyond that which you have learned, your mind must need encompass concepts beyond anything you’ve been taught in the mundane world. Your will must become many times stronger than durasteel.”

The zabrak’s fiery eyes glinted with fierce intent.

“For that to happen, you must be purged of weakness, even the very concept of it.”

“But before we go any further, let’s start with the basics.” Manticore intoned, as he took a centering breath and looked into the jungle.

“The Qotsisajak. The Sith Code. Recite it if you know it, followed by your understanding of it. Also, what do you sense around us?”

@Lady Belligerent, @QueenSabe7, @HanSolo29

*bows respectfully * I’m honored by your presence and thank you for your support. I’m really excited to finally realize this project. :emperor::vader::redsaber:

7. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Camp Moros

Expecting the journey to begin immediately, Erebus was slightly taken aback by the question from his master.

“The Qotsisajak. The Sith Code. Recite it if you know it, followed by your understanding of it. Also, what do you sense around us?”

Nevertheless, he had memorized this piece by heart, and it was something he lived by even before he joined the Sith. He recalled the information from where he had stored it in his mind and quickly recited the verses in the dark language:

"Nwûl tash. Dzwol shâsotkun.
    Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
    Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
    Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
    Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
    Wonoksh Qyâsik nun."

Then, thinking for a moment, he decided to also add the first line at the end, which was an older way of stating it that was rarely heard anymore:

"Nwûl tash."

Confident in his response, he went about explaining their meanings.

"Roughly put, it means 'Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. Peace is a lie.' What can be understood from this is that Passion is the only way to attain what we crave as Sith. It leads us to strength, power, victory, and freedom. This is quite unlike the Jedi idea of Peace leading to greatness, as peace restricts you from your freedoms.

"As for what I sense, there are many dangerous creatures around us, and throughout this jungle. I can feel them their, but they are just beyond my grasp. I can't quite tell you what they are, but I know they are here."

Contemplating for a second, he continued:

"I also sensed another presence, but not like any of those. It was a Sith presence, but not yours or mine. It was gone quickly, but if I wasn't certain, I would think we are being watched by one or multiple other entities, but by whom... or what... I'm not sure," he finished, looking expectantly at Lord Manticore for further instruction.

Tags: @greyjedi125 (mentioned only: @HanSolo29 @QueenSabe7 @Lady Belligerent)

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun, Camp Moros

While remaining alert to their surroundings, he listened carefully to his apprentice as he recited the Sith Code. Manticore was thus far pleased with Erebus, and what knowledge he showed regarding Sith Lore; even to go as far as reciting the code in the original sith language, in addition to speaking its older iteration.

Erebus’ understanding of the code was also acceptable, and with time and experience, it would deepen. No more confirmation was needed. The younger zabrak had the necessary mindset for what was to come.

In truth, the Sith Lord could sense his apprentice’s eagerness, though Erebus wisely held it under control. Recklessness was something Manticore had little to no tolerance for.

What was more, despite the lack of formal training, Erebus’ ability to sense things around him was on par to those just recently trained in such a skill; a fact that spoke well on his behalf. That too was a tool which would be sharpened in due course.

“You are ready to begin.” Manticore declared without preamble.

“Indeed. There are those who observe…for now. The jungle watches you and hunts you. Remain alert at all times, and you will live.”

A basic truism for any being wishing to enlist in the ranks of the sith.

“This is your first task: About three klicks north-east of here, is another encampment. I wish you to bring me the captain’s data pad, or at the very least the information contained there in. I care not how you accomplish this. Remember, the Jungle will test you on your way there and back.”

The zabrak Sith Lord paused, allowing the information to sink in, as the evening grew progressively darker.

“Any questions?”

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid the Malevolent
    Arriving

Shadow beget shadow.

From a shadow, emerged a shadow of a man.

He was Darth Insipid.

He was a shadow today.

Not a man.

Not a presence.

Merely.

Present.

He kept himself to himself, enveloping his mind in all he professed to be.

A shadow of shadow.

And so.

He watched, faintly approving of matters to date, and that the Circle was present.

TAG: No-One

10. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Camp

Erebus listened intently to his master as he was given the instructions of his task. No doubt, it would be a difficult one. This jungle was full of dangers, though they wouldn't stack up too harshly against a Sith. However, he had a strange feeling that there was something else he needed to be weary of, something much more evil and ancient.

“Any questions?” the Master asked of the Apprentice.

"As a matter of fact, there is something," Erebus responded. "What else is out there? I sense the danger of the creatures, but there is something else I feel, and I am much more fearful of that and was wondering if you could enlighten me as to what I will encounter on my venture through the wilderness."

He patiently waited for a response from Lord Manticore, knowing full well that the Sith Lord was likely to still keep some secrets from him.

Tags: @greyjedi125

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun, Camp Moros

The Sith Master stood silent for a moment, considering the question his apprentice posed to him.

“There will always be something else out there, apprentice.”

Manticore half turned to glance at Erebus for a moment as he spoke.

“So, the question is, can you master your fear and transform it into courage? Shape it, focus it into confidence. What is it that you fear? Pain? Loss of Freedom? Death?”

“I have had my share of each of those things.”

The Sith Lord smirked ever so slightly.

“There is only passion, Erebus. What do you crave?” Manticore paused, allowing his apprentice to consider what was being said. Slowly, he smoothly returned his fiery gaze to the jungle before them.

“Mind your focus. Fear is a slippery slope that swallows the weak-minded whole. You must burn it with your passion and consume it out of existence. Smite ignorance with knowledge, not only of things mundane, but especially of yourself and the Force.”

“Doubt, ignorance and weakness are fear’s constant companions. They conspire together to bring you low. Through passion, knowledge and Self-Mastery will lead you to confidence, and confidence will open the door to Fearlessness. Once you become fearless, ‘what else is out there’ will not matter. You will meet it with confidence and without blinking.”

“Do you understand, apprentice?”

Somewhere in the distance, a nocturnal creature emitted a sound as the Twilight Hour descended upon them. The time had come, for the hunters and the hunted to begin their nightly survival ritual.

12. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    In the Eerie and Dark Jungle of Dxun

The young apprentice pulled himself up to full height in an attempt to look more undaunted by the noises, but still found himself to look rather insignificant among the massive branches of the trees that reached into the heavens above. Nevertheless, he pooled up his courage and decided to follow Lord Manticore's instruction, pushing all of his fear to the side.

The apprentice turned to the Master, and nodded, signifying that he was ready for the coming events of the night.

"So what first, my lord?" he asked. "Will you be joining me, or shall I be sent out on my own to achieve this goal?"

As he asked these questions, he noticed a large shadow looming in his peripheral vision, then quickly dart away. He kept his composure, but silently and inconspicuously moved his hand to his saber on his hip and his Vibroblade on his calf, preparing for an attack.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun, Camp Moros

“Everything you need to succeed, be it tools, weapons or the Force, you already posses. Consider this your official initiation - a raw test of your talents and skills. This time, I shall be observing and evaluating, nothing else.”

Manticore leveled a fierce gaze at his Apprentice, then offered him a solid nod, one that could be interpreted as encouragement. The Zabrak Sith Lord began to move back slowly, his steps inaudible, even as he seemed to be swallowed by the surrounding darkness.

Erebus. What is it you crave?” His voice was heard from within the shadows.

With those words, the Sith Master was gone from sight, though Erebus would still be able to sense him, somewhere nearby.

Behind the young apprentice, was his tent. A place with tools, appliances, and relative safety. Before him was a sprawling jungle filled with danger and feral creatures. His objective was a mere three klicks North-East of his present location, give or take.

There were no paths or lights ahead. Just dense vegetation, innumerable reaching branches and a plethora of witnessing trees. Both fauna and flora possessed their own unique dangers in all their vast variations. Nocturnal creatures stirred, ready to hunt. Now that his training officially began, how would Darth Erebus, Sith Apprentice, proceed?

OOC: After your next post, we’ll need to do a combo.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  14. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Alone in the Forest

As his master slipped away, Erebus looked back at his tent somewhat longingly. He quickly looked away, however, deciding he would not look back upon this place until at least he had achieved his task and had the datapad in his possession. He glanced towards the spot where his master had stood moments prior, knowing full well he was still there, but also that he would receive no help from here on out. In that sense, he was alone...

He turned back to his tent, quickly gathering his gear, and set out towards the Northeastern perimeter of the encampment. Reaching to his belt, he pulled out his grapple-gun. Pointing it upward, he released it into the trees above. Hearing the satisfying clunk of it catching somewhere, he pulled himself upward, deciding to take the branches above to stay off the ground and hopefully away from most of the dangerous creatures. He reached his branch, and after pulling himself on top of it, set out along the understory of the jungle towards his objective.

15. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    (Quick Combo with the Great and Powerful Lord Manticore)

The Training of Darth Erebus

Chapter 1: Into the Jungle

Erebus had taken the first step in officiating his Apprenticeship as he used his grappling gun to hoist himself up to a high branch, effecting his plan to stay off the ground and thus avoid all the nocturnal creatures that roamed the Jungle floor. But what of those creatures that dwelled up on the trees? That would certainly become an issue sooner or later.

Nevertheless, his first challenge readily presented itself. There was no light to speak off, and Onderon had not quite presented itself up in the night sky. How then would the young zabrak gauge the distance between branches he could hardly discern with the naked eye, much less travel as planned?

Though the darkness did bring difficulty to the journey, Erebus had come prepared. In his readings in the Archives, the young Zabrak had learned of the pitch blackness of the demon moon, and had thus brought his night goggles with him. Strapping them on, he began to bound from branch to branch with the power and precision only seen from a seasoned veteran.

Erebus had grown up learning how to quickly get from place to place. As an orphan, he was often subject to find his own food, and, being unable to pay, he had become very adept at running across rooftops and ledges to escape. That translated well into his work as an assassin, which helped him develop better footing and more stealthy finesse to his movements. He was comfortable well above the ground, and that was why he had chosen this path.

He came up to a long jump to get to the next branch, and deftly leapt to the next lowest branch, seeing as he wouldn't quite make the top one. He ran along the branch and quickly made his way up the trunk to the level at which he started at. Satisfied that he was still facing the correct direction, he pressed onward.

TAGS: @greyjedi125

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun
    Into the Jungle: Night time

Indeed, experience and preparation were key elements for the young zabrak’s locomotive success. HIs night goggles allowed him to ‘see’ in the darkness of night, allowing him to keep moving above the jungle floor, leaping from branch to branch as he went, accurately judging his leaps and trajectory. His experience in similar situations wanted him the needed intuition, though here he would need to take care, as it had rained earlier in the day. A single slip could cause a nasty spill, resulting in a tumble back down to the jungle floor.

Still, youthful strength, endurance and dexterity, coupled with the zabrak’s sense of daring and his keenness of mind, proved equal to the task. Darth Erebus managed to set a comfortable pace for himself, however, his progress did not go unnoticed.

Below him, a pair of fanged creatures gave chase, easily keeping pace. In an instant, one of the two leapt and climbed a tree in a single bound, not slowing at all, before rebounding and jumping at him, fully intending to take him down with a feral pounce.

17. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

As the massive creature flung itself at Vex, he ducked quickly, as he had sensed its presence, or at least a presence, just moments earlier. The creature soared over him, missing him by mere inches. He quickly regained his footing and drew his vibroblade, as igniting his saber would effectively blind him in his night vision goggles. He crouched low, waiting for the monsters to rebound and launch another attack.

He didn’t have to wait long, though, as he quickly sensed the other of the two quickly shimmying up the tree he stood upon, likely to get on his branch and corner him there. What the creatures weren’t prepared for, however, was how prepared and trained Erebus was for encounters as such, and he quickly grappled himself up a few levels, until he was just a layer below the tops of the trees. He waited silently, listening to hear if these beasts were still after him, or if they had trailed of go chase lesser prey...

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun
    Into the Jungle: Night time

The angry snarls of the fanged and clawed creatures lingered for moments as they were outsmarted by their intended prey; the zabrak, Darth Erebus.

The two creatures paced and circled hungrily at the base of the tree.

Having failed in their initial attempt, they tried again, clawing and climbing, but they could not get high enough or find a branch that could support them. Their frustration grew, but these hunting creatures knew better than to linger. A rumbling sound in the distance caused them to pause, and with a final sniff at the zabrak, they took their leave further into the dark jungle.

And not a moment too soon, as the branch Erebus was perched on was beginning to give under his weight, seeing how high he had gone.

From his vantage point, the newly minted sith apprentice could see that he still had some ways to go before reaching his objective, but he was moving in the right direction. Besides, something large and sinuous was already slithering up his way, moving slowly, yet steadily, trying to remain unnoticed until it was too late.

All the while, the feeling of being observed would never leave his conscious mind.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    darthbernael and Quinlan Vos like this.
  19. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Dxun Jungle

As he sensed the creatures below him bounding away, he slowly made his way down a few branches, to where they could more strongly hold his weight. He knew something was still watching him, but he could not quite tell from where its presence emanated. Adjusting his goggles, he quickly moved along his new branch and leapt to the next tree. His perch from above had helped to solidify his knowledge of where he was heading, and he began to move once more, this time with more caution, as he did not want to be caught unawares once more.

After making his way through the branches and leaves of another few trees, he leapt for a larger gap than what he had thought it to be. Grasping outwards, he found purchase on a vine hanging from the branch which was his current path. Pulling himself up, as though it were rope training, he soon found himself back on his branch...

...And not a moment to soon. As soon as he had reached his perch, the moss-covered vine slipped off the limb and crashed through the branches below. Finding himself suddenly tired, he decided to stop and rest for a few minutes.

All the while, the sense of being watched never left him...

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun
    Night time perils abound

Erebus was making good progress, but he would find that there was no rest for one such as he, not in this place. His passage was not noiseless, as evidenced by the falling vine. The zabrak also had a scent and a presence, which could be sensed or even tasted, depending on the creature.

As fate would have it, Erebus leapt to a tree where millipedes as long as three humanoids, wrapped themselves along the trunk. They reacted as soon as he’d landed and began to skitter to his position, the closest ones already snapping their poisoned pincers at his feet an legs.

Not too far above him, the Sith Apprentice would sense a colony of blood thirsty night-flyers coming around to investigate what had caused the commotion. They would be upon him in a moment’s notice, and due to their numbers, the danger they presented was significant.

Some distance below and many meters to his left, the edge of a swap seemed to beckon, promising a modicum of safety, but there too were dangers to be found.

Vex would certainly begin to get the sense that, if he remained still for too long, exposed as he was, something would challenge him, and mark him for prey.

Perhaps now he'd realize the course only promised to get more challenging as he progressed. Perhaps now was a good time to turn back.

21. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Under the Dxun Moon

Vex felt the urges, the desire to return back to home base. It seemed as though a dark presence had overcome him, urging him to give up and filling him with fear and hopelessness. Pushing those emotions down, he once again rose, realizing that in his short time of dozing off, the large insects below him had drawn very close, just a few branches below his.

He immediately stood, reached into his pack, and retrieved a flash-bang. Pulling the pin, he waited for a moment, then dropped it, looking upwards as it exploded in a sudden brilliant light. Hoping that it had succeeded in distracting the creatures below him, he jumped upwards to the next branch above him, pulled himself up, and angled towards the mossy swamp off to his left. He hoped that he would reach it before the night-flyers had made it to where he had been, giving him enough time to escape.

He knew that it wasn't a permanent escape, and more dangers lay ahead, but it would give him time to readjust his gear and reorientate himself once more.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Shadows

The Master and the apprentice continued their trial on the Dxun moon.

It was tantalising, to see the weave of training, emotion, violence, promise and disappointment come together.

Manticore was a hard teacher.

Erebus was a hardy student.

He had kept his attention keen... as had others, Bernael among them, and that, too, pleased the Dark Lord.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Quinlan Vos, @darthbernael

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dxun
    Night time perils persist

Fiery baleful eyes observed the younger zabrak from a good distance, absently ignoring the wake of death it left behind itself. A slow nod, as the Master felt it through the Force; the Apprentice regaining his resolve and pushing forward.

'Good'…

For there were other pairs of eyes, presently unseen, who were also observing and evaluating- not just the Apprentice, but the Master as well.

Through a surge of self assertion, Darth Erebus remained in control, not giving into uncertainty, which would certainly spell his doom. With keen precision, he threw down the flash-bang for maximum efficiency, and not a moment too soon. One of the giant insects was already attempting to pinch through the leather of his boot- but to no avail.

It wasn’t so much the ‘flash’, but rather the ‘bang’ that distressed his would be attackers. The millipedes skittered back, some even managed to fall off their perch, while the night-flyers temporarily lost all sense of direction and collided with each other and the trees, shrieking loudly in protest and confusion. Taking advantage of the opening he’d created for himself, Vex smoothly sailed through the air after he’d jumped and dove into the dark waters below.

Erebus broke through the watery surface with a splash, immediately feeling the change of temperature through his suit, as well as seeing the thermal differences through his googles. As the zabrak was already in ’survival mode’, he would notice two large creatures stir from the murky floor. Each was quite stout, with a large maw, powerful propelling tails, yet having short stubby appendages. They began to wade in his direction after an initial push, already gaining speed. If he remained in the water any longer, they would certainly catch him and rend him asunder. But, if he could make it to land before their razor sharp teeth could reach him…

The danger coming for Erebus was clear and present, what laid before him, not so much.

To say the least, the Sith Apprentice had more than enough ‘motivation’ for what he needed to do next.

Tag: @Quinlan Vos (unseen spectators: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael )

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  24. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Darth Bernael
    Dxun

The nighttime air of Dxun was refreshing as Bernael landed, a distance from the training taking place between Lord Manticore and his apprentice so as not to influence the creatures he could feel. As he exited the fighter he’d used to arrive here, he blanked his presence from the one training but left enough that both Lord Insipid and Lord Manticore could sense him. He slipped through the trees, the wildlife ignoring him. He watched for a time as Erebus moved through the branches, avoiding or facing the threats that came to him.

Bernael moved through the shadows as Erebus decided to rest. He smiled behind his mask as he watched the man settle down. The smile was more reserved for Lord Manticore than for anything else as the Zabrak had chosen very well where to train his apprentice, he had yet to truly influence the training of his pupil but was letting the natural aggression of the inhabitants drive the man onward to his goal or back toward the camp.

He sensed Lord Insipid ahead, in an excellent vantage point to watch the proceedings. Slipping through the shadows again, he came upon the Dark Lord, nodding respectfully to him when he joined him, but otherwise remaining silent for the moment as they observed.

TAGS: @greyjedi125, @Sinrebirth, @Quinlan Vos

25. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Murky Waters

As Vex sensed the creatures coming towards him, he immediately took off for the near shore. It may have seemed smarter to swim away from the creatures coming for him, but he knew he would not make it that far in time at the rate they were speeding up. Thus, it was far safer to get to land here and make his way around to continue his path. He pushed harder in the water, giving everything he had left to get away from this certain death.

He reached land not a moment too soon. As he pulled himself up on the bank, he looked back at the beasts, now just a few meters from him, but turning around to stay in the water. Pushing back the exhaustion, he stood on somewhat shaky legs, taking in his surroundings. The path was far shorter on the left hand side of the lake, though it would take him right back to where those insects were at. With that knowledge, he decided to take the longer route to avoid those creatures.

Moving off to the right side, he checked every tree for any purchase that he could use to return back to the branches above, but to no avail. He saw a grove up ahead that would suit his purposes, and began heading that way, intent on leaving the dangers of the ground below to gain a more comfortable perch in the canopy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.