main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Actors you'd like to see in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by SatineNaberrie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Rosa Salazar

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Really dug Alita, personally, despite most people seeming not to. Yeah, she'd be a fun choice for something.

3. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Alita was pretty good for only being half of a movie.

4. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, it just sorta...ended, didn't go anywhere in the third act. Kinda surprising for Cameron.

I'm not familiar with the source stuff though, but yeah, kinda felt like he took a whole bunch of arcs and tried to hamfist condense them. Didn't work in that sense, but I enjoyed it overall on balance.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    More than simply casting good actors I'd love it if a director could get amazing performances out of these actors that we see from them in other movies. I just finished watching Marriage Story and Adam Driver and Laura Dern were absolutely amazing in it, far and away better than what we've seen of them in Star Wars. If we could see acting like that in a Star Wars film that would be incredible.

As it is Star Wars has a bad track record of hiring great actors that end up giving at best a good but not amazing performance and at worst we get some really mediocre to terrible performances even though these actors deliver great performances in non-Star Wars movies.

6. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    Katie McGrath. IIRC she was a huge Star Wars fan growing up. I would like to see a female Sith character in the movies. Currently almost every dark side / Imperial character is male.

[​IMG]

7. Darth Wardawg

Darth Wardawg Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2018
    I don't want anymore cameos. I don't care about getting "name" actors in them. No more Daniel Craig as a storm trooper. I would prefer they get people who aren't well known per-se, but can act. But maybe that is just me. I guess the only one I'd be okay with would be Keanu Reeves as Revan.

Ruffmeian and TripleZero like this.
  8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, kinda feel the same on that cameo stuff. I didn't mind the Craig thing personally, got a kick out of it back with TFA, but when you're doing it so often it's a little on the nose. Hardy and Prince Willie & Prince Ginger, Pegg, Lin-Manuel Miranda music etc, it's too much.

Kinda feel it's a little too late taking issue with big names in these though, that started with the prequels, kinda a done-and-dusted issue by now. I'm fine with it when they're good actors like they are.

But yeah, yay Keanu, boo KOTOR anything-and-everything. This is the way.

9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I love that kind of cameos

10. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    I'd rather keep it as they did with the Original Trilogy and (kind of) the sequel trilogy, where the cast is mainly comprised of unknowns who fit their respective role and can interact well with supporting cast. Nothing wrong with having some veteran actors, such as Peter Cushng, but I'd prefer if it veered away from A-list stars.

JawaShuffle likes this.
  11. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Eddie Redmayne, Alicia Vikander, Brie Larson, Naomi Scott, and Zoe Kravitz are just a few that come to mind.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Zazie Beetz.

13. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Yay for a female Sith character. It is about time.

Mostly Handless, PCCViking and Merrin like this.
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well...

we did have dark side Rey, albeit in a Force vision. ;)

15. Anakin Generation

Anakin Generation Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2019
    Jesus Christ and His 11 and 13th Disciples openly wielding Lightsabers to defeat the Roman Empire and armies of the devil. Down with crucifixion which is brutal and murderous and up with The Force!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    ImpKnight likes this.
  16. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    My cousin asked me give me 7 goodies and 6 baddies for a future Star Wars : top of my head I went with James McAvoy, Thomas Jane, , Morgan freeman, Helen Mirren, Edward James Olmos, Viola Davis,Claire Danes

Baddies:
    Charles Dance ,Tilda Swinton, Jason Mamoa, Christophe Waltz ,Daniel day Lewis, Kevin Durand, Eva Green

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  17. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Whoops I had one too many but I like the idea of using Mamoa as a crazy big alien monster looking force weilder. Durand is a big guy too. Day Lewis would be the main baddie with Tilda Swinton scary powerful witch and Eva maybe being s force using baddie too. I liked Dance and Waltz as military baddies that are taken serious. Not buffoons.
    McAvoy and Danes would prob be my main protagonist good force weilders. Freeman,Mirren, and Olmos being older wise masters. Viola Davis I’d prob make goodie military leader and Thomas Jane doing the military pilot or soldier type.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Kevin Durand, there's a frickin' inspired choice. Seriously, seriously great in The Strain, criminally-underrated series.

Bor Mullet and CernStormrunner like this.
  19. RandySolo

RandySolo Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2018
    Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford.

Sarge and Darth Smurf like this.
  20. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Christopher Walken needs to do a droid voice. Unsure what kind of droid though.

David Strathairn as Droma:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darthur C. Clarke and PCCViking like this.
  21. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    had this weird dream last night where they re-cast Obi-Wan with Ryan Reynolds....

22. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    New faces, we don’t need big stars well some new faces some names. But it’s always cooler I think when something is good it could make stars.

qui-gon-chan likes this.
  23. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Before the release of TFA, I remember hearing a rumour that Jesse Plemons was being considered for a role. I thought that he would have been a fantastic choice for a Star Wars movie.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I think I would like to keep the majority of the actors as releative unknowns, or earlier in their careers. I kind of like that most Star Wars characters are from actors with not a lot of history beforehand. Of course, a couple big names are fine, but keep them for more side characters.

For instance I love Solo, but it still feels strange seeing Woody Harrelson in it lol

Sarge and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If there was ever a Spaceballs 2, that would be a perfect casting for a spoof of Obi-Wan. :)