main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Star Wars Films - Post Skywalker Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Buzz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Now that the Skywalker Saga is complete, what are you hoping to get with the new slate of films coming?

- What storylines are you hoping are explored? Future events? Past events? Jedi/Sith or something new?

- Director? Who would you like to see Direct the next films?

- Cast? Any particular Cast members you would like to see in the films?

Figured it was time to get this discussion going! The questions mostly pertain to the film coming in 2022, as I believe we are getting an announcement in January with specifics!

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I still want an anthology film based on a starfighter squadron, preferably during the Rebellion era. Top Gun, or The Dawn Patrol, in space.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'll plant a flag here, since I'm planning on staying spoiler free for any/all post-Skywalker saga films. Hi, guys! There's an echo in here!

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Welcome to the light side, Pym. :p

5. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I am personally hoping the new films take place in the future. All new characters, with mostly new locations (a few familiar is fine). As Kylo said, let the past die. I want something completely new and Unexpecting. Let’s not retread to past stories that already have expectations. Not with this fan base.

I would love for Rian Johnson to direct, but realize his amazing talent will unfortunately not likely be used. Shame.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think it would be great to do something with Wedge and Rogue Squadron. Although, with Rogue One, I don't think they'd be able to name it Rogue Squadron.

For me personally, one of my favorite games from the old PS1 platform was Dark Trooper. I'd love a Kyle Katarn standalone focused on the game's story line of dismantling the Empire's Dark Trooper project.

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Movies centered around a large scale Jedi/Sith conflict would be cool. Maybe using the Darth Bane novels as inspiration.

Also movies centered around Old Republic Jedi. Could use the material produced with Project Luminous as inspiration.

Also, more movies that sort of do what Rogue One did and explore one detail or question from the Star Wars saga in depth could provide fertile ground for film. I do hope that Disney doesn't give up the anthology film angle entirely since to me the anthology films were the strongest Disney Star Wars movies and they seem to be a good area to allow a bit more experimentation.

Going into the future, movies that show a resurrected Jedi Order and what happens to the galaxy after the First Order is defeated could be interesting.

9. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    A standalone simply titled Bane could be epic.

10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I want a low budget Plagueis film to make the fanatics happy.

No, not really. Unconventional story about someone isolated on a lost planet somewhere in the GFAA that is force sensitive. Don't want to type out an entire plot, but that's where it would start.

David Lynch would be the director with some choices to make his own movie. He turned down ROTJ because he knew Lucas would micromanage him. Or perhaps the director from Wonder Woman. What would Spielberg do with SW? Woody Allen would be an outstanding choice (OK, not serious with that one). Jon Favreau? Yes! We have a winner.

Malcom McDowell (is he still alive?) would be a good villain, or Gary Oldman. Joaquin Phoenix maybe (wow, that would be cool).

The soundtrack should be composed by Ingelbert Humperdinck (OK, that's not serious either).

11. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    We could just use old Bert Bacharach songs for the soundtrack.

Lee_ likes this.
  12. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Have there been any recent updates on the alleged December 2022 movie?

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nope, nothing. I thinking it's less and less likely that we'll get a film by then.

14. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    It just seems strange that it has yet to be moved back or canceled, especially considering all the activity industry-wide involving other more current and in-production movies. But then again, Lucasfilm has been doing some strange things lately, especially in regards to their live-action properties, so who knows what is happening?

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I watched Solo again the other day, and now I want a Lando movie. Donald Glover was so good as Lando, I'd love to see more of him as Lando. There is so much to explore, and they could easily tie it into and loop it through the events of Solo.

TheYodaPagoda and Lulu Mars like this.
  16. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I think Solo might be the most underrated SW film. I absolutely loved that movie when I saw it on opening night, and still do today. It’s such a fun ride with a great cast.

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give me Jar Jar's Great Adventure!
    At first, I thought movie, but then I realized that a Disney+ series would probably suit him better.
    Either way, it's got to be live action! Bring in Ahmed Best to co-create (preferably with Dave Filoni and George [face_praying]) and star in a show chronicling Jar Jar's exploits in the galaxy, possibly spanning most of his lifetime and showing us events taking place before, in-between and maybe even during the movies. All from the perspective of the world's favorite Gungan!
    During his travels as an outcast, as Bombad General and as a member of the Galactic Senate, Jar Jar will encounter all sorts of colorful characters, get involved in their lives (whether they like it or not) and leave indelible imprints, both big and small, on their societies. With an ever-curious mind, a heart the size of the universe and the grace of a greased-up Acklay on ice, he will spread love and chaos in equal measure!

...and I'll be glued to the screen from day one [face_hypnotized][face_love]

Darth Buzz likes this.
  18. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I really enjoyed Solo, and really, really wished there was a sequel to it. Maybe it'll appear on Disney Plus? They're doing amazing things with The Mandalorian, and it can only get better.
    Maybe it's just me, but the episodic nature of the TV series lends it more towards George Lucas' original vision of a "Flash Gordon" homage. I think there are a lot of stories to be told in the GFFA, and movies aren't always the best way to tell them.

Sarge and Darth Buzz like this.
  19. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Agreed. I think you can put most of your “stories”/material on Disney+ and have a better product. I would save the “blockbuster” type stuff for the theaters every 2-3 years. Make the movie going experience an “event” again, while still having material for fans on Dinsey+

DARTH_BELO, Sarge and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  20. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm glad they're going in the direction of a limited series for whatever the Kenobi series is called. It's not something I want rushed into a 120 minute film, but something I want to savour. They could easily continue the Solo stories on Disney+, and bring us back Donald Glover as Lando. So many stories to tell, once this wretched plague is over with!

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If I had to guess, there will be a Rey film, a Jedi origin movie and Heir to the Empire

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Something going back to the forming of the Jedi Order would be neat, and the schism that led to the Sith Order.

Vib3s and Sarge like this.