main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I wish they would release the instrumental version of Duel of the Fates

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by darklordoftech, Mar 19, 2019.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We hear the beginning of it when everyone encounters Maul on Naboo, and we hear parts of it in video games. I want to hear the whole thing.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree. Good extra for a complete TPM score release someday soon.

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It has a dramatif sound that I like.

4. lindaGarman

lindaGarman Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2019
    The same. I need whole thing.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Isn’t the Ultimate Edition essentially that?

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    No, there's loads of missing stuff off of that. It's purely the film edit of the score, editing tracks and leaving off whole pieces that were unused (unlike, say the ANH, ESB, and ROTJ soundtracks, which had the full uncut music). The standard edition actually has a few of those unused tracks present, though not everything.

It's still better than nothing, but it's a mess of an album unfortunately. And because of that, we never got 'Ultimate Editions' for AOTC and ROTS, since Williams was reportedly disappointed with TPMs (for reasons I can see).

7. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    Here you go:

Billy_Dee_Binks and Sarge like this.
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ Great! That YouTuber also has Droid Invasion and Battle of the Heroes in 8-bit on his channel.

As for ultimate versions of the PT soundtracks, all I can say is:
    "Help us, La La Land Records, you're our only hope."

Seriously, they are among the best in the business for bringing out Soundtracks on CD. They put in so much effort in their releases. Lucasfilm, let them release ultimate albums (starting with TPM, AOTC and ROTS).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    KyleKartan likes this.
  9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I am with you on La La Land. Can't wait for Minority Report, which I believe is the next Williams release by them.

KyleKartan likes this.
  10. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Yes. LaLaLand Records did a great Job with the Harry Potter 1-3 John Williams Collection! Iam all in for a SW Prequels Release and Sequels Release after that!

11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    The choir makes that piece, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to just the instrumentation alone. It's not like the choir drowns out the orchestra anyway.

Silent Android likes this.
  12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I also wish they give us a big, box set of the PT scores. Something similar to what did for the OT, with alternate takes and extensive liner notes.

13. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    'I was about to say that'. -- Anakin.

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001

darkspine10 likes this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    they do have an instrumental loop that has been used prolifically in the classic (pre-Disney) video game soundtracks for a final battle track. All that's missing really is Maul's lead-in cue from TPM.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    11-4D and Jesta' like this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I guess this is the closest you're gonna get, lol

17. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Yeah, Williams ventured into new sonic ground when he scored the PT - he added choirs and heavy percussion to the orchestra and put a lot of thought into many of the cues (i.e. "Anakin's Theme" incorporating part of the "Imperial March"). But for the Sequel Trilogy, he was basically just phoning it in.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Oh good god. Cut the man some slack, he's elderly at this point. He's not "phoning it in" just because it's not up to what you were wanting.

Besides, Rey's theme is way up there with the best of the PT stuff anyway.

Larsonator, Sarge and Princess_Tina like this.
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Boy, have I got news for you....

Basically just about everything about the ST feels "phoned in" - we have almost the exact same vehicles, we have (for the most part) a lot of very Earthlike environments, and we have the overarching narrative almost exactly repeat the "we're the scrappy little band of good guys trying to defeat the big bad Evil that's a threat to everyone in the galaxy".
    So, all in all, the ST doesn't really add a lot of new stuff to the AGFFA universe, it seems more intent on giving us more of the same, but with slightly different names and characters, and giving the old cast a chance to say goodbye to the fans.
    Given all that, I don't think JW deserves to be singled out for lack of originality.
    There was a talented cast & crew behind the camera but they were all let down by the overriding corporate concerns to not do anything too different from the OT.

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I mean this thread really isn't about the Sequel Trilogy music, so I don't see how those comments are on topic, Silent Android.