main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think this makes the most sense. Especially in the later seasons TCW has had a lot of Jedi who only exist in cameo's. I like seeing Caleb, but it would be awkward if he gets too much screen time. At the moment it's little more than a reference designed to make those who have followed both series smile, to anyone else he's just Padawan Model 3256 on the level of Halsey and Finn Ertay in season two.

Even when the character has no story outside of filling out the room I am just happy to see the Jedi temple actually look alive instead of the barren wasteland it seemed to be (Understandably) in the first couple seasons. In season six I took genuine joy in trying to pick out who was walking past Master Windu and Obi-Wan when they were talking about Yoda's mental state in a busy hallway. (I'm pretty sure I saw an adult Wookiee pass by!)

The thing with Caleb is that he does have his own story, but that doesn't mean he can't be there to fill out the room too. :)
    It would be interesting to see Depa Billaba speak up though.[face_thinking]

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think anyone implying anything is in production we don't know about, just hoping for future announcements following S7.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    there more ti mine of the clone wars arcs to movies or mini series, some might turn into comics or books.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    How do these fans know when that scene takes place? Because that’s the prerequisite for complaining about Anakin knowing “so early.” You know, actually knowing when in the timeline it takes place...

My guess is that the scene is concurrent with ROTS.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There's plenty of fun in speculating the order clips in the trailer go in from top to bottom. What do you guys think?

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I just posted about this in the Lit forum, but I noticed she's actually wearing a different outfit in the trailer than she does on Mustafar. It's very similar, but it's not the same outfit.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. But Anakin finds out about Padme being pregnant well before Mustafar.

TadoFett and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Yet he spend virtually all the film on Coruscant.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It looks almost exactly the same as her Mustafar outfit except for whatever is on her wrist. That's probably removable though. I'd say it's the same outfit. I think she has a different hairstyle though so this isn't right before Mustafar.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    She could just wear something twice?

And it is Anakin. As if he would notice anything.
    Let's be honest, even if he notices Padme gaining weicht, I doubt he would say something over Hologramm. He's dense in some things, but till this point he has had better manners than telling Padme via holo that she's became fat (from his view).

11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Ok, this was definitely worth a laugh, thanks.[face_laugh]

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Make me rethink my joke about someone noticing before him and pointing it out in another thread. Lord help them if Anakin mistakes that...

Ash_Satine likes this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    At this moment I am imagining a world where TCW continued as scheduled, and what the fan reaction would be if we didn't know how the Siege of Mandalore would end.
    Obviously its amazing anyways, but there would be SO much more suspense. They can still throw in a couple surprises if they want, but the feeling will be truly different than if we had not known some of these details.

Just for one example, I can imagine Anakin and Obi-Wan being called away to save the chancellor being a twist for the ages (In the sense that it would dawn on us that yes, they are going there), and stoking a massive amount of fan discussion.[face_thinking]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Clone Wars has always been about the journey and not the end. There's still plenty to look forward to and so many details to fill in.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The animations is beautiful anyways of course, and I do enjoy seeing how far the series has come.
    It's just a curious thought I had, I grew up with the show and I would have loved to see it climax in a somewhat more natural way. Even so, I remain unbelievably eager to see the conclusion. The show was cancelled before I joined the forums, and I know many people wondered where Ahsoka and Rex were during ROTS. The Wrong Jedi answered part of that at least, but this is the full answer, I like imagining how the reaction might have been under different circumstances.:)

16. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It's good that they deleted this, the entire Clone trooper army is attacking the Jedi temple, but Shaak Ti still can't sense a disturbance in the Force...

Sproj likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

It certainly would have been ideal if the show was never canceled and we got the full vision which included two and a half more seasons beyond the lost missions. I know for many the show is still over at the Fugitive arc or maybe the Yoda arc so they won't bother watching season 7. I got bitter myself for a while. I'm grateful I'll be able to see this much and always hoped. This is why I have the Ahsoka novel and comics but kept them shelved always hoping to see the rest of the material properly. For what its worth spoilers never really bother me. I'm more apt to avoid opinions which makes it harder to go in with an open mind. That's a moot point where everything was always doomed by canon and we only had maybe two main characters plus an honorary OC available for suspense anyways. That's fine because The Clone Wars has always been an anthology about the journey and not the end. There is nothing else quite like it. It's always been about Anakin Skywalker's journey through the war and the events and people around him that would shape his destiny. They provide a vehicle for exploration through their point of view. This as close as we'll get to their point of view of what happened all wrapped in gorgeous animation. At least for now...

18. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    OK folks - Is there a defintive listing of what youd call "mandatory" Clone Wars episodes to watch if you want to get the most amount of important details/information without having to watch every single episode in the entire 7 seasons? In other words - skip the "filler" episodes and just gimme the ones that really add to the movie canon and such. Im looking to watch this show right after Attack of the Clones(probably watch the entire saga when the 4K set comes out in March) and would like it(the show) to lead into Revenge of the Sith as smoothly as possible. I havent had luck searching for such a list of episodes that are considered "must watch".

Thanks for any info!

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the arcs involving Mandalore are a good start of course. Certainly The Fugitive arc at the end of Season 5.

20. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    From what I've seen, the Umbara arc is considered one of the highlights of the show by most. :)

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally, I cannot tell you to skip anything but maybe the movie. I'm a completest. Season 1 lacks the animation quality of later seasons but has many gems in it. I find even the political episodes found in all seasons especially three which can be a little boring get dragged kicking and screaming into importance as the show progresses.

22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Finally seen the new trailer, I dont have Disney Plus, but Im excited to return here read recaps of the closing season. Im very curious to see what dots are connected to Rebels. Seems like this last season is running right into Episode 3. I wonder if Ezra's parents will have a cameo.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Season 5 Ep1. Oh damn was that a good 3-way duel. Obi Wan kicking ass.

24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Rewatched the Prelude to the Siege of Mandalore Arc (Eminence, Shades of Reason, Lawless)

- The action and scope certainly ramp up in this arc, though this still feels like a lengthy setup for a climax that will pay off (after 7 years!) when TCW:TFS finally airs. This arc cleverly brings together a number of disparate plot threads that have been brewing over the course of the series and delivers some unexpected twists, only brought down slightly by the lack of a sympathetic protagonist to experience the events through. I like to have someone to root for.

- The Clone Wars, and Star Wars in general have a running theme of the failure of institutions. In her introduction, Duchess Satine was portrayed as a strong, beneficent leader trying to keep her people out of the war. However, as time went on, it becomes clear that Satine is a static leader that failed to connect to or truly represent the citizens of her planet. Mandalore is, at heart, a warrior culture and her own personal idealology of pacifism is way out of step. Nor does it appear that she's truly brought the people on board with her idealism or gained their trust. Under her administration, black market corruption flourished on Mandalore - her own police force were at the criminal's beck and call and she had call on outside help (something she professed to be virulently against in her original appearance). Her own nephew saw her as aloof and uninterested in investigating the black market dealings and quickly turned to the evil Prime Minister Almec for help. And when Pre Vizla shows up to offer Mandalore his help in repelling the crime wave that suddenly overwhelms Sundari, the populace turns against Satine on a dime. This was a leadership that had lost all touch with the people and was absorbed in its own dogmatic ways of thinking. A perfect mirror for the Jedi Order of these times. TCW is pretty unforgiving when it comes to those who can't let go of their comfort zones and can't adapt to harsh reality. Echo met a bad fate on Citadel, Satine meets her end here and of course, Anakin and the entire Jedi Order gets their ears boxed in Siege of Mandalore/ROTS, with the few survivors chased out of the very Rebublic that no longer believed in them.

- Speaking of letting go of comforts, this arc features another tragic moment in a season of demolition: the destruction of the Twilight - a ship that was the Millenium Falcon of the early days where life seemed simpler and more innocent. Though we haven't actually seen the ship for three seasons, it's loss still stung.

- Vizla's scheme to win the hearts of the people and gain control over Mandalore by saving them from a scourge of his own making is, of course, a metaphor for Palpatine's plan to take over the Republic in a microcosm. Increasingly, in these final seasons, beat by beat, theme by theme, Lucas seems to be using this show to retell the stories that the prequels were supposed to tell. It's episodes like these that make The Clone Wars less like a bridge between Episodes 2 & 3 and more like a lyrical remake of the prequels. Hence, the often stated fan complaints about playing fast and loose with continuity and the feelings that TCW doesn't exactly feel like it inhabits the same world as the movies. There's a kernel of truth to that. Call it rhyming, poetry or the subtle drifts as mythical tales are retold over the times by different storytellers. Me, I'm just glad Lucas got to do this mulligan for the story behind the prequels were epic and worth telling in this format. The classic movie trilogy format just proved too limiting for Lucas's ambitions.

- This time, I was keeping a close eye on the character of Bo Katan as in this era, Bo Katan is frankly a pretty despicable character. She does hang out with terrorists, helping to burn down a village of innocents, and clearly appearing to enjoy the savagery. She showed no remorse about plotting a violent coup against her own sister and her switching sides seems wholly transactional and a result of her unwilling to honor the very traditions of Mandalore that she was supposedly fighting for. This is quite at odds with the noble character she's presented as in Rebels, as well as the warm handshake between her and Ahsoka in the TCW:TFS trailer. Unless the very intent is that Ahsoka is truly skirting with the dark side in the wake of her exile from the Jedi Order (could be intriguing!), TCW:TFS is going to have its work cut out for it in convincingly bridging this characterization gap. As previous work with characters like Ventress have shown, though, I'm sure Filoni is up to the challenge.

- Those cadets from The Academy make a return in this arc, apparently having learned well Master Tano's lessons about civic duty, government corruption and jail breaking. I'm not sure but it also looks like they died in this arc...

- When Satine contacts Coruscant and pleads for the Jedi Council's help, their official response is "drop dead." At the end of the arc, Bo Katan reiterates the call for Republic intervention, despite knowing that this will trigger a Republic invasion. Only in Rebels do we learn how prescient she is. Even now, the Chancellor, of all people, is already on the scene cleaning up his own mess... and he clearly enjoys this far more than his day job. He hasn't had this much fun in years. Satine's opulate throne room from which she once preached her dogma of pacifism has now turned into an arena of death and destruction... and apparently will be the stage of the show's final duel in Siege of Mandalore.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its interesting to see someone say a more narrow focus and linear plot feels less Star Wars. I recall the OT fans saying the opposite thing about the PT many years ago. Star Wars fandom is just interesting like that.