main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2020 - Votes for 2019 Diaries due 2-1-2020

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 11, 2019.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah, I'm just going to dive in and commit before I talk myself out of this with the hundred and one reasons why yet another WIP is a very bad idea. So, here goes nothing! :p

My as of right now half diary, In That There That Isn't Here, is up! Featuring the minor Legends character Sintas Vel, as reimagined in my Song!verse. [face_love]

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    sad to see the note in there because I am finn’s lonely fangirl. If you change your mind, please let me know.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Mira_Jade how could you start something else, what are we poor readers to do, but say woohoo jinkies! And it's in your song-verse! :* :* [face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @brodiew - I second this a hundred and a hundred times more!! :D You know that the ST isn't really my preferred cup of Jawa juice, but I adore Finn and think that your talent for capturing character voices would give him the perfect opportunity to shine! Even if it's just for a few entries - no pressure whatsoever - I would LOVE to see your diary resurrected. :D [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D]

Aw, thanks!! [face_blush] [:D] I'm so glad you feel that way, because I, meanwhile, am grappling with a muse that wants to work on everything but my current roster of WIPs, it seems. But, my fickle muse aside, I am excited to have a new story for the new year while I slowly go about finishing old projects. It's going to be a blast! [face_love]

The new crop of diaries for this year is looking to be beyond stellar, that said. I look forward to seeing what turns up next. [face_dancing] =D=

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So was wondering can you do the diary challenge cooperative? With two people writing diary entries for two characters?

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  8. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Anedon: This has come up once before in the challenge. The host at the time did allow the writers in question to go ahead with their shared diary (after some discussion in the thread), but if I remember correctly, it was sort of on a trial basis--so there's nothing official in the rules. With that as precedent, I think it would be probably be okay. I just need to discuss it with Kahara first, and we will get back to you.

9. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    [double post/oh well]

@Anedon: We have discussed the matter, and so you can consider this post the go-ahead for you and your co-writer. Just as a reminder--and you may already have this figured, so I hope this doesn't come off as too condescending--you and your co-writer will each have to write the minimum of twenty-four entries for your respective characters to remain in the competition.

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, glad to hear that. :)
    Shall we upload our respective entires as seperate posts or two entires(one from each of us) together for each upload?

Kahara likes this.
  11. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Anedon: You're welcome.

And I think you can go either way as to how you want to post your entries. I just checked the 2016 diary with two writers (linked here for reference) and they chose to have the entries from both characters in the same posts. But I think it would be just as fine if you posted them separately.

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you for the information @Pandora. ;)

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Kahara, Mira_Jade and Anedon like this.
  14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I'll give it a shot. Here is a journal for Cara Dune (The Mandalorian).

Far From Home

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I got a wonderful book gift via the old notorious post way by no other than dear, old @MsLanna herself. She remains an absolute darling, no matter how far away she lives from me and my husband @DarthUncle.

Anyway, that book of hers triggered something in me and it lead to getting an idea for a diary contribution.

I hope that I will be able to write 2 updates per month until 2020 is over.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    divapilot, Kahara, DarthUncle and 2 others like this.
  16. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Voting Period for 2019 Diaries Extended to 2-1-2029

Hi everyone,

It's been really exciting to see all the new diaries this January -- best wishes to all our new and returning participants! [face_dancing]

While we've had a wonderful turnout for new diaries, votes for last year's diaries have been very scarce. Please do write in and give your support for your favorites from last year! Now is a great time to give your fellow authors a boost. [face_love]

Since we know life can be busy in the winter season, we've decided to extend the voting period. Votes for the 2019 challenge will now be due on the 1st of February.

And here is the list of eligible diaries (just as a reminder, you can pick one full-year and one July-December diary):

Full-Year Diaries

Written in Sand by CaraJinn

Diary of a padawan by earlybird-obi-wan

Corsec notes from Rostek Horn by earlybird-obi-wan

July-December Half-Marathon

The Journal of Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus, Jedi Action Hero (or Something) by Raissa Baiard

"Truth in a Whisper" by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Happy voting and writing! :)

Findswoman and Raissa Baiard like this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  18. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    @Anedon, you certainly can have more than one diary -- in fact, earlybird-obi-wan did just that last year. So no worries! :)

Anedon and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi, there, my mother had a heart attack one week after her hip surgery. Plus I am the only kindergarten teacher of three who is healthy in my crèche team. Even though a colleague from the other team helps out, it is working at the very limit for me. I even gave a rain check to my own birthday party. I have no clue if I can continue my diary like this.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  20. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @AzureAngel2 : It sounds like you've had a lot hit you at once, and I'm sorry to hear it. As for your diary-- as you know, we can always move it to the Out of Competition category so you don't have the competition schedule hanging over you if that would be helpful. But if you ultimately decide that you cannot continue the diary at all, I can understand that. Just let us know what you want to do with your diary when you're ready.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @AzureAngel2 I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's heart attack. That must be very difficult and scary to deal with. Then on top of that to deal with so much stress being short-staffed in your kindergarten staff. I think everyone understands that your first priority will be the real world and all the struggles you are currently facing. Best wishes to you and for your mother's recovery!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I would like to change my Mara diary to a full-year one. [face_dancing] :* Thanks.

23. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Actually, I must have missed, or forgotten, that it was meant to be a half year diary, so it was already listed as a full year one in the index. Sorry about that, but at least it is correct now--and on that note, if anyone notices anything off in the index, just let us know.

24. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Hi, this is just your last minute reminder that votes for last year's diaries are due before February 1! Which means you still have a little while -- it's just only a little while.

As always, you do not have to have read every diary to vote -- just the ones you pick. It's also fine to vote for just Full Year or just the July-December Half-Marathon.

25. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007