main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 21, 2018.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Was Exogol destroyed? If not, seems like plenty of Sith cultists to keep villany alive in the future. Surely they weren't all there at Palpatine's coliseum?

Other villains: ancient darkside beings, similar to Tor Vallom, who looked fantastic.

The old Legends Sith aliens are also a great design. Others above mentioned the Rakata.

But overall my view is that enemies in SW are a vast array of anti-democratic forms and systems. Any totalitarian, pacifist, fascist, anarchic, monarchical, or slave system help the writers explore the upsides or downsides to democracy. This is why I thought The Clone Wars had really started to find the SW sweet spot with its weekly exploration of such themes.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Or better yet, Phanius, ancestor of Sly Moore.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Ruin

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    A resurrected Darth Ruin would be neat, but I'm done with Sith for now.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Bored of the Sith.

5. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I can understand being bored of the Rule of Two Sith, but I'd love to see what they were like before that.

Rogue Knight, Vib3s and Troy_Viszla like this.
  6. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Thank God, sometimes I feel like the only one that's bored of them.

We've had Sith since 1999. We've had them in the PT, almost all of Legends books and comics, KOTOR and TOR, the new EU, and now the ST. Enough with those nihilistic pseudo-Darwinist freaks. They aren't even all that interesting.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, I'm just bored of evil snarling sorcerers in black outfits with red lightsabers that are incessantly making terribly unconvincing arguments about why good people should become totally evil.

8. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Don't forget their fanbase.

"Blowing up Alderaan was totally just a point of view, bruh!"

9. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Are you talking about the President?

Seriously, what villains would you rather have? I love snarling sorcerers. They seem very real to life.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought @jedijax was talking about an Old Republic era movie. I definitely don’t think the Sith should appear in an era or story that it wouldn’t make sense for them to appear in.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    You never know when people will go against what they say in public, but according to RJ, there will not be this kind of connection to characters from the saga (with the Kylo followers bit). I think we will have all new baddies that we have never heard of, which is what they really need to do. Get away from the angry SW fan that tends to feel betrayed in anything new they do with old characters.

Anyway, who cares about SW movies anymore? :p After the Mandalorian, Disney has proven they do better with SW TV shows. =D=

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Part of the problem is poor writing. Evil can be very interesting when done well. Look at Lucifier in Paradise Lost.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    There's just one thing I have to say to the Yuuzhan Vong being main villains in Star Wars...

Jolee Bindo, Sarge and Troy_Viszla like this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They should bring Palpatine back!

15. Rogue Knight

Rogue Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 4, 2020
    I agree. This is why I think we need an Old Republic trilogy that explores the old Jedi and Sith wars and maybe culminates with the origin of the Rule of Two.

16. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Well, then someone like Darth Talon could come into play. A character like her (it doesnt have to be her) should be quite succesful in convinving some young Jedi of the Dark Side.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sometimes, bad ideas are better left unimplemented. I put Darth Talon in that category.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If Star Wars continues with T.V that's gonna help give us maybe some interesting bad guys moving forward.

Not saying movies can't give us great baddies but the week to week episodic format can give Star Wars some really unique villains moving forward.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    Just resurrect Palpatine again.

20. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Well, I agree that dark siders should be kept as something rare and special, but also it must be said there is no need for every dark sider to be a Sith, and for every Sith to think and act exactly the same. There is a lot of room for variety.

That being said, if an alternate road from the Dark Side is needed, this should be the moment for a genetic terrorist, Ruler of the Dark Worlds, true architect of the Clone Wars, to finally emerge!!

Jarrus likes this.
  21. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    I'm curious. Why ist it a bad idea for you? I would not create a Talon (or other baddie) like the Talon in the comics. My baddie would be more intriguing, not just a weapon carrying out his/her masters orders, but with with own ambitions. The way Ben was corrupted never convinced me; to me it would be more convincing if the corruption was done by seduction. Would I fall for Snoke? Hard to say. But as a naive youngling to an atttractive person who shows passion for me? Hell yea!:)

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Poor Palpatine. Waking up in the Clone Vat again.
    sighs. "Okay. Let's try this one more time."

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Def Trooper, Ghost, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  23. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    If there are Movies in the High Republic era I like to see Villains in the vain of Tor Vallum, or what ever his name is.
    Beings created by the Dark side itself.

24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I want to see demons from another dimension.

25. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Let's have some eldritch abominations from a universe corrupted by the dark side enter the GFFA and you're set.

cerealbox likes this.