main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Pan and Teilo (OCs, Bail/Breha, Winter/Tycho, AU short stories series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Mar 5, 2019.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Pan and Teilo
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: Mostly 26 years post-Clone Wars and Onwards
    Characters: OCs (Pan/Teilo), and Established Characters (Bail/Breha, Winter/Tycho, Luke, Leia).
    Categorization: AU (legends)
    Genre: Romance, family, angst

Notes: This is going to be an episodic-serial hybrid vignette/short story series surrounding my OCs, Pan and Teilo as seen in the DDC “Just Pan” and the MMM story “Lover and Beloved.” However, the first few vignettes will introduce the OCs and the AU so you don’t have to have read either. Most of these vignettes/short stories will likely be in a vague order, but each story will have the timeframe indicated.

There will be some head canon/easter eggs from my Bail/Breha fic "So Much More Than Fairytales" and you could consider this to be a continuation of that, but reading it isn't necessary.

Summary: In an universe where Chancellor Palpatine was successfully apprehended by Jedi at the conclusion of the Clone Wars, a number of a Galactic Republic Senators led a governmental reform. Senator Bail Organa was elected first Chief of State of the New Republic, a positioned he served for two terms.

As Chief of State, Bail Organa saw the peaceful re-inclusion of separatist states, all of Darth Sidious’ monstrous acts come to light, and the reformation of the Jedi order. In his personal life, he and his wife, Queen Breha Organa adopted Winter, the ten-month old baby girl of Bail’s late assistant. Then, the miracle happened. After four miscarriages due to a rare bone disease, the queen gave birth to a son, Prince Panimaxander Prestor Organa.

We are used to seeing heroes walk away from epic explosions or dying in blazes of glory. We are used to dashing princes with genius political minds who sweep ladies off of their feet. Pan Organa is both a hero and prince, but none of these clichés apply.

Index:

Pilot (1 year post ROTS/26 years post ROTS - Prologue-ish/summary - Bail introspection)
    Cinderella Prince (26 years post ROTS - Pan/Teilo meet-cute)
    Falling Apart At The Seams (26 years post ROTS - Pan/Teilo's 2nd date)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    divapilot likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Pilot
    Timeframe: 1, then 26 years post-Clone Wars(/ROTS).

The neonatal critical care room was dark, save for the glow of monitors displaying numbers and ever-changing graphs illuminating the sparsely furnished room. The window dressings were closed tight to keep distracting Alderaa city night lights out. The room was silent, except for the continual beeping, and Bail Organa’s coos to his newborn son.

“Are you Daddy’s big boy?” Bail smiled to the tiny baby laying on his bare chest. At 6 weeks old, Panimaxander could still fit in Bail’s hand, but the newborn was gaining weight. Born at 22 weeks gestation, Pan could only be out of his incubation pod for a few minutes at a time, but he adored skin-to-skin cuddling. He’d nuzzle into Breha’s neck or clutch onto Bail’s chest hair. According to the doctors and healers (Bail’s son only got the best, which included Jedi healers) his life-signs always improved when Pan was being held. Pan’s skin was still translucent, he was still drowning in his cloth diaper, but he wasn’t crying. He had wires strapped to his feet and tubes going into his noise, but he looked up at his exhausted dad with such peace.

Pan’s prematurity had come as no surprise, but it didn’t make it easier. His live birth was a miracle. Pan’s mother, Breha, had a rare bone disease - ostia-phromitia. Doctors had warned her a successful pregnancy would be impossible; she had suffered three miscarriages. Just after the conclusion of the Clone Wars, when Bail was freshly elected first Chief of State of the New Republic; a few months after a tragic accident had taken the life of his assistant and friend; just as he and Breha were adjusting to life with their beautiful adopted daughter, Winter who was just a year old, Breha had found out she was pregnant.

Bail was ashamed to admit that he wanted her to abort the pregnancy. Their lives were just hectic and they had Winter, who was now Breha’s heir and the sparkle in Bail’s eyes. He knew if they tried for another pregnancy, it would likely end in heartbreak, or possibly Breha’s death. But she had wanted to give the child a chance at life. And it turns out his son was a fighter. Bail was currently sleep-deprived: Neimoidia was demanding far to much as part of negotiations making the system a member the New Republic, Breha was still recovering from the pregnancy and birth, and Winter needed attention. But Bail could survive sleep deprivation because his son was fighting to live.

“Alright bud,” Bail said, shifting in the gliding chair and sitting up. “Time for bed.” Bail, in order to fit everything he needed to do into a day, meant a very strict schedule and, sadly, since there wasn’t much Bail could do for his son besides hold him, there was little time for his son. Leaving Pan broke Bail’s heart every night, especially when he started to fuss when Bail lifted him. Pan had the most pathetic, pitiful, high pitched cry. His entire face scrunched up

Bail sighed, settling back into the cushion and setting Pan back down on his own chest, putting the soft quilt back over Pan. Bail rubbed his son’s back with his fingertips. “Okay, okay, you can stay up for five more minutes.” He continued to babble, hoping it would lull the baby to sleep. “Pretty soon you’ll be able to come home, Daddy can’t wait, and neither can Mommy or Winter. I’ll hold you all night long. Whenever you want.” He yawned. “Daddy will cuddle you whenever you want. Daddy loves very much.”

Twenty-five years later Bail found himself in a critical care room, similarly dark and quiet. Pan was a grown man, but that made this no easier on his father. But tonight Bail wasn’t leaving Pan’s side. Bail had no where else to be and this time he could actually soothe his son’s mind, or at least try. Pan’s skin was pale and he had bone knitters sticking out of his pelvis, arms, and legs, never mind all the wires and tubes. Bail couldn’t hold his entire son and swaddle him in blankets this time, but he could hold Pan’s hand and smooth Pan’s black hair.

Pan was asleep, but Bail kept watch; he had missed his son so much. Bail had retired from his position as Chief of State after two terms and had become - mostly - a stay at home dad. So he would like to think he and his son were close. Therefore, he had understood, when Pan had gone through a nasty break-up with his ex-boyfriend (who had also been a childhood friend and a Jedi) all while Winter was beginning to plan her wedding to her fiancé, why Pan had quit his job in Alderaan’s planetary peace and security force, and joined the New Republic Navy.

Bail ran his knuckles down Pan’s cheek.

Pan had never fit in much in Alderaan culture. It was hard living in the spotlight as prince and not being what the people expected from a member of the royal family. So joining the Navy had been Pan’s opportunity to find himself. Bail just wished he hadn’t let his son go and become a star-fighter pilot. It ended so badly. Pan had been testing out a planetary forcefield that had caused his star-fighter to malfunction and crash into an asteroid.

That had been two weeks ago. Pan had spent a week in a bacta tank, but that had only done so much. It had healed much of the artificial wounds, and the knitters would take care of the bones, but Pan also suffered massive brain damage that would take months of neuro-regeneration sessions to heal. The most severe injury was to Pan’s spinal cord. Bail tried to recall all the technical terms, a C7 incomplete injury. The doctors had likened Pan’s spinal cord to a cununu, a long, soft fruit native to Naboo. The doctors had said it was as if someone took a cununu and mashed it in their fist. It still had some connections, but many messages weren’t getting through. The injury started at Pan’s upper chest, so he was going to have function in his shoulders, arms, and possibly his wrists, but if the past few times Pan had gained consciousness were any indication, Pan wasn’t going to have any fine motor skills or grip. It was heartbreaking to see Pan try to hold hands, but unable to.

And all this didn’t even touch Pan’s mental health.

Pan began to stir for the first time in hours. The nurses were giving him some pretty good drugs, so Bail wasn’t quite sure if Pan knew what was going on. Pan winced and groaned. “Dad?” he breathed in pants. “Are you there?”

“I’m right here,” he said, hovering over so his son could see him clearly. He turned on a light and dimmed it

Pan’s eyes were glazed over and dazed. “Dad? I don’t feel very well.”

Pan could still feel pain in certain areas of his body, but Bail had to remember to keep the soft, comforting touches to Pan’s shoulders, arms, and head. “Okay,” Bail said, smoothing Pan’s hair. “What’s wrong? Where does it hurt?”

Pan had been less than a focused individual even before the brain injury and the drugs. He was an intelligent young man, but his brain had always been in five places at once. Now keeping his attention was impossible. Pan glanced around the room at all the monitors. “Stars, this sucks.”

“Pan?” Bail repeated, displaying patience despite his tired tone. He knew he needed to only ask one question at a time. “Do you want me to call the nurse?”

Pan nodded. “My…” he paused to find the right word. He was having problems remembering words. He slowly moved his arms down towards his stomach. “… Feels like pressure.”

Bail pressed the button to call the nurse. “Someone’s coming; we’ll figure it out,” he said, rubbing Pan’s upper arms.

“Daddy? I’m scared.”

Bail leaned closer, putting his arm above Pants head, and holding Pan’s hand tight. “This is nothing I haven’t cuddled you through before.”

Bail almost believed his own words.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Kahara and divapilot like this.
  3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Cinderella Prince

Timeframe: 26 post RotS

Part 1

Pan was tired. That was an understatement. Royal weddings were a production. Planning lasted for months - over a year in this case - and it all came down to one epic day, which included getting ready, the ceremony, the holos, the public reception and dinner, and then the private party. Winter’s and Tycho’s was no different.

Pan had to admit, his sister’s wedding went off flawlessly, even if he had unintentionally done his best to ruin it.

Just after Winter and Tycho had gotten engaged, they had asked Pan to be their witness. In Alderaani tradition, instead of groomsmen and bridesmaids, one friend or family member of the couple would stand up during the wedding ceremony and testify to the couple’s love. He had said yes; he loved his sister dearly and had been friends with Tycho even before he had begun dating Winter. And the Pan had gone, got his heart broken by his ex-boyfriend Luke Skywalker, so he had joined the Republic Navy as a starfighter pilot. And then five months ago, he had crashed a starfighter on an asteroid.

Pan was still healing, though his body would never be the same. He was currently in a hoverchair. His was seat tipped back because he wasn’t used to being completely upright and so he could sit without a brace on. He had been given a rest to put on his hoverchair for the back of his head, something he wouldn’t need on his hoverchair forever. Today had been such a long day he - and his nurses and his care droids - had decided he should be reasonably comfortable. It was also his first full day out of the comfort of his suite in Alderaa palace, having been home for two weeks from endless months in medcenters. Pan wore dark grey dress pants, light orange shirt with a high collar and dark orange scarf. It was his first time in real clothes since his accident, not med-center gowns or pyjamas or sweats. He had woke early this morning to be dressed and his black hair combed smartly to the side. It had made him feel almost normal again.

Thankfully, much of the day and the wedding guests had been focused on Winter and Tycho - as it should have been - but Pan had still noticed many people staring at him. It was, after all, his first public appearance since the accident. He felt bad taking attention away from Winter and Tycho and if he ever watched the news coverage, he knew he’d regret attending.

But now the day had progressed into the private party in the main ballroom of Alderaa Palace, so everyone in attendance was either family or friends. There were still plenty of guests, but no holo-reporters or media.

Pan sat in a corner, on the end of the head table, eating his dinner with his dad’s help. Pan had opted not to each much at the official reception in the grand hall of Alderaa palace. He was still learning how to feed himself with limited hand dexterity and didn’t want the entire planet watching him spill soup on himself.

“Do you want some dessert?” his dad asked once Pan was finished. Prince Bail Organa was wearing black dress pants, a dark blue dress shirt, and a long black cape. “I was going to grab some molten pudding.”

Molten pudding was likely much too messy, although he did love it. “If there’s any kzni fruit tart left, get me some.”

His dad smiled and when he returned, he carried two plates. They ate and watched as the dancing in the middle of the hall continued. The more traditional dances were done at the public reception - Pan had joined Winter for one dance because she had begged him. Guests were now swaying along to much more modern music played by one of Winter’s favourite quintet and singer. Thankfully the music wasn’t to loud and lights weren’t too crazy - they had opted for flicker lights on floating chandeliers. Pan was able to close his eyes and let his head lull.

He felt his dad rub his forearm. “Just tell me when you want to go back up to your suite.”

Pan opened one eye. “Daaaad. I can go back up to my suite by myself.” He was a bit tired of his dad babying him. He knew he needed help, but he could direct his hoverchair back to his room and get his care-droid and night nurse to put him to bed. “But I want to stay for as long as I can. It’s been so long since I’ve been around people.” He had been cooped up in a medcenter for so long. Yes, today had been overwhelming, but he had been so bored for the past five months. “More importantly, it’s Winter’s wedding! I wanna be here for her!”

“Alright,” his dad said, shaking his head. “But I’m going to put you to bed tonight. I had to watch one baby get married. I get to kiss my other baby good night tonight.” Prince Bail gave a heaving, exaggerated sigh as his wife walked passed and sat at his side. “Oh, Breha, my love. Gone are the days when Winter crawled at our feet and we got to hold Pan in his footie pyjamas.”

Queen Breha was in an elegant silver and blue gown, with intricate flower detailing embroidered over the metres of flowing materials. She wore a simple diadem. “I told you it would happen soon enough,” she said, taking his hand. “Remember all those sleepless nights. You always refused the help of the nannies.”

“The kids liked me better.”

“Because you spoiled them.”

Pan ignored his parents’ banter as he began falling asleep. He then heard someone clearly talking about him. He had been hearing people whisper about him and his condition all day (stupid people; his ears were one of the few things that actually worked). “No, look, he’s asleep, I don’t want to bother him.”

“Oh, stop being scared, Teilo.” Pan recognized the voice of his new brother-in-law, the new Prince Tycho. Pan opened his eyes to see Tycho, with his pale skin and blonde hair, a stark contrast to his all black formal navy uniform.

Tycho was dragging along the. Most. Beautiful. Human. Male. Ever.

The dimples on his cheeks was the first thing Pan noticed about the man. He was on the paler side, but not as white as Tycho. The man was tall and his auburn hair - a bit on the brown side - was amazingly fluffy, though it receded back just a bit. He was slender, but not skinny. He wore a basic black pants and a white collar shirt with a purple scarf.

Pan toggled the control stick of his hoverchair to allow him a better view of the man. He was so cute! Pan his felt his palm go sweaty and heart beat faster. He used his wrists to grab at his own scarf and tried to subtly put it in his lap. He didn’t want to become too indecent at his sister’s wedding.

“See, he’s actually awake,” Tycho exclaimed. “Pan, this my friend from university, Teilo Kunsa.”

Teilo bowed to Pan and Pan’s parents. “Your Royal Majesty.” That was for the Queen. “Your Serene Highnesses.”

Tycho continued. “Teilo was my tutor for Intergalactic Relations and we ended up becoming friends, then roommates.” He then laughed. “He has the biggest crush on you, Pan!”

Pan felt his stomach tie itself in knots. This handsome man had a crush on him?”

Teilo’s cheeks went red. “Tycho!”

“Hey, it’s Prince Tycho now!” Tycho taunted. “Besides, you told me this yourself years ago! And you were visibly disappointed when you showed up to my bachelor party late and Pan had already gone home.”

Now Pan was disappointed. He had been well enough to attend the dinner of Tycho’s bachelor party, but had grown weary before the true debauchery had begun, so Pan had gone to Winter’s ’spa night’ with her friends. Some of Tycho’s friends had worked late that evening - evidently this Teilo included - and had joined after Pan had left.

Tycho continued to laugh. “I was going to make you give Pan a lap dance.”

“And this is our cue to leave. It was a pleasure to meet you, Teilo,” Bail said, taking Breha by the hand to the direction of the dance-floor. They passed by their daughter.

Winter looked like the skies on a clear, sunny day. Her wedding dress was a flowing dress made of the lightest blue material, over-laid with delicate white lace. It had long sleeves and an off-the-shoulder neck line. Her white hair was up in a sweeping bun. The dress’ train and her veil seemed to go on for metres. She was the image of tranquility… except for her face. She looked pissed.

“Tycho! Are you seriously trying to hook my brother up? Just because both Pan and Teilo are gay, doesn’t automatically mean they are soulmates.”

“Okay, first off, Dear, Teilo is bisexual. Second, no, I’m not that stupid. Teilo is a nice guy and I thought both he and Pan might like to meet. And third, it’s my wedding too! Let me share the love. Pan has put up with so much to be a part of this wedding, I thought he would like to dance with someone other than his mother or sister.”

Pan was blushing at the end of Tycho’s tirade.

“Would you like to dance with me, Prince Panimaxander?” Teilo asked, looking Pan directly in his eyes.

Pan took a moment to finally speak. He didn’t think… all his blood had left in his brain rushed elsewhere. He didn’t remark that he hated his full name or that he couldn’t dance. All he heard coming out of his mouth was an uncharacteristically meek, “Yes.” He saw that his hand was extending of his own accord towards Teilo.

Teilo smiled and took Pan’s hand and together they made their way to the edge of the dance floor. Teilo’s hands were so soft. Teilo stood facing Pan and picked up his other hand. The tempo of the current song being played was quite fast and upbeat; people around them had their hands in the air. Pan and Teilo just moved their hand together while Telio grooved his hips (it was a struggle to hold eye contact).

At one point in the song, Teilo set Pan’s hands down (which allowed Pan to subtly rub his sweaty palms on his lap). Teilo grinned as he took his scarf off, hooked it around Pan’s neck, and shimmied it. Pan just laughed. Teilo was so playful and the feeling of the soft material on the back of Pan’s neck felt electrifying.

The song died down and transitioned into a slower, more romantic, traditional ballad about finding the love of your life. Teilo leaned down. “Thank you for dancing with me. I just have to say, your speech this morning at the ceremony was beautiful and will stick with me. I loved what you said at the end: ‘life is fleeting, but love is everlasting.’” Teilo softy pressed his lips to Pan’s cheek for just a moment.

It was more than just a kiss. Pan felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. He felt as warm and as fuzzy on the inside as Teilo’s scarf. “Would you… would you like to dance to another song?” Pan asked. He just wanted this moment to last just a bit longer. Maybe it was all a fantasy - after all, who could find a body so broken, appealing - but he felt like Teilo’s touch and soft gaze wasn’t out of comfort or pity, but out of attraction. Pan just wanted this dream to last a little longer.

“I’d love to,” Teilo replied with a genuine smile that made his dimples even bigger. “Can you put your hoverchair into neutral or something so we move together.”

Pan nodded and flipped a switch on the controls. They joined hands again and they rested one one clasped pair on Pan’s shoulder and Teilo held the other at his hip. Together they swayed.

Pan just allowed himself to get lost in Teilo’s eyes. He knew this was pure infatuation, but it felt nice to dream of being in a handsome man’s arms, to not think about the state of his body and pointless life. To believe, just for a moment, that he could have this.

And then the song ended and the spell was broken. Pan felt a wave of uncontrollable self-pity wash over him. He’d never a wedding of his own, or even just get to dance with a man so amazing again. He felt his eyes welling up with tears; he couldn’t even ask for another dance. He was so bad at controlling his emotions when he was tired, and he was beyond tired. Stupid brain injury was also probably to blame in all this.

“Thank you for dancing with me,” Pan said, trying not to sob. “It was really was a lot of fun, but I have to go now.”

Pan made a B-line for the exit. A palace aide palmed open the door. He raced down the hallway, brightly lit and quiet in comparison to the ballroom, and had another aide call a turbo-lift for him. He felt so guilty for leaving the private party in such a hurry, but he’d think of some excuse to tell Winter; something other than he had gotten his heart broken.

He was crying uncontrollably once the doors slid close. He was so tired. Yeah, that was it.

Pan looked down for something to wipe his eyes with… only to realize he was still wearing Teilo’s scarf. He looked at the doors. He didn’t want to go back. He was too embarrassed. He felt bad - it looked and felt like an expensive scarf. He’d give it to Tycho once he was back from his honeymoon.

Until then…

Pan returned to his palace suite. His nurse got up and turned on the new care-droid. Technically, Pan should still be in a medcentre, but it was agreed that with his security risks and with the fact that nothing was working to fix his spinal cord, it was easier for him to transition to palliative care with nurses in the comfort of his own home. He still had various therapies and appointments almost every day. It seemed endless sometimes.

Pan set Teilo’s scarf on his nightstand and wished for normalcy, happiness, and to dance again.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Cinderella Prince - Part 2 - One Month Later…

“What are your plans for today, Pan?” his mother asked him as she wiped her mouth with a napkin.

Pan was laying on one of the white couches in the sunken living-room of his parent’s suite. He was propped up with various pillows and rolled-up blankets. He was in grey lounge-wear. It was the weekend, Winter and Tycho had returned from their honeymoon few days ago so the family had brunch in the royal suite. The couch he laid on was in front of a huge window, overlooking the city and mountains. It was a clear, sunny day, though the weather was getting colder as the seasons transitioned.

“You’re looking at it, Ma.”

She sighed, disappointed. “You should get out of the palace. When was the last time you went out?”

His father, lounging on Pan’s mother, nodded in agreement. “It’s not good for you to be cooped up here.”

“Uh, I spent all week in physical therapy,” he said, pointing out the obvious. “And I had a two hour psychiatry appointment yesterday, followed by my… my…” he paused. He had forgotten the right word. It was a side effect of his brain injury. His parents waited for him to find the right word, but he couldn’t. Frustrated, he began hitting his forehead with his fist. “Stupid! Stupid!” His outburst upset his family.

His sister got up, sat at his side, took his hand and held it. Her pink dress tucked under her. “Stop that. I’m the only one who’s allowed to hit you and call you stupid. I never say this, but Mom and Dad might be right. You need to have some fun.”

“Socialization will also help with your memory,” his dad added.

Winter glared. “I don’t think that’s our main concern right now. Pan needs some fun.” She turned back to her brother. “I’m going with some of the girls - Lailani, Aamantra, and Mwren - shopping, then to a theatre show. We are thinking an opera.”

“I thought you said I needed some fun,” he retorted.

She laughed and ruffled his black hair, causing him to scowl. “There’s the baby brother I know and love. Tycho is going to hang out with some friends and watch the smash-ball final at some gross, germ infested, establishment.”

“Oh come on,” Pan groaned. “Are you really going to pawn me off on your husband?” He just really didn’t want to leave the palace and be out in public.

“I don’t mind,” Tycho said.

“Yes, you do,” Pan said. “Your wife is making you bring along your broken brother-in-law to some guys afternoon with your friends. Like some tag-along interloper. Just because all my friends are Jedi and always off who knows where, doesn’t mean I can crash your plans.”

Tycho gave him a doubtful look. “It’s Wedge, Wes, Hobbie… all that gang. They all like you.” A grin crossed Tycho’s mouth. “Teilo will be there.”

“Teilo?” Pan squeaked. His heart began beating faster.

Tycho exchanged a knowing look at Winter; Breha exchanged the same with Bail.

“It’s just… I still have his scarf,” Pan sputtered out. “You should give it back to him.”

You should give it back to him,” Tycho said. “And apologize to him about leaving so abruptly. He’s so worried he did something to upset you, which I told him that wasn’t possible because he’s just the sweetest guy.”

Bail laughed, “Yeah, and I saw Pan’s face after that kiss. It told me everything I needed to know about the guy.”

Pan went red with embarrassment.

Elkay’s Sports Tavern wasn’t as gross as Winter made it out to be. According to Tycho, the establishment was a new favourite of Alderaan’s planetary peace and security force. Seeing that the ‘big smashball finale’ was between the Alderaani Asgnats and the Corellian Dreadnoughts, Tycho’s friends from CorSec had come to Alderaan. The place was dimly lit, decorated in warm colours and dark woods. There was an earthly smell mixed with the scent of fried foods, but there were kifon-nut shells on the floor. The place was packed and everyone was yelling at the viewscreens. The fact that Alderaani Asgnats made the final was somewhat of an anomaly. The planet wasn’t known for their sports. Last time anything like this happened to Alderaan culture, Galen Hudur was named dejark grand master.

Tycho drove his speeder, helped load and unload Pan, and now walked alongside his wheelchair. “The guys have a table in the back.”

Pan’s heart started to beat quicker as they passed the bar. At the back there was a long table. Pan recognized most of the faces. He was in the planetary peace and security force for two years with Tycho after graduating school and before he broke up with his ex-boyfriend and joined the Galactic Navy. And Pan knew Tycho’s friends from Corsec, and his other friends, from Tycho’s bachelor party.

And there was Teilo, in the middle of all the yelling and glasses of ales. He was laughing at something. There were those dimples. He, along with a couple other patrons, saw Pan and Tycho entering, but Pan only had his eyes for Teilo.

Pan hovered closer to the magnificent human. He had no idea what to say. He had Teilo’s scarf in his lap. He picked it up with his fists. “Hhh…hhh… hi. I’m sorry I ran off with this.”

Teilo bowed. “That’s okay, Prince Panimaxander,” he said, taking the scarf back. “I was worried. I hope I didn’t offend or upset you.”

“No, no, no no no,” Pan stumbled over his words. “I was just really tired. And call me Pan… just Pan.”

Teilo folded the scarf. “I had a lot of fun dancing with you. It was the highlight of that day for me.”

“Me too.” Pan smiled. He felt his cheeks getting warm. Was Teilo flirting? Pan had no idea how to flirt. His only other boyfriend had been Luke Skywalker and they had been childhood friends because their parents had been friends. There had been no flirting, just two hormonal 19-year-olds.

Why couldn’t Pan talk with Teilo? Had his confidence just gone downhill? Was it the brain injury?

“Pan?” Tycho asked, standing on the other side of the table, a few seats down. He had another seat pulled out. “Would you like to sit here?”

Pan nodded. He would need Tycho’s help to eat. He sat next to Tycho and looked over the menu. Pan couldn’t drink alcohol with his pain medication without falling asleep nearly instantly, but they had a pleasant selection of fruity mocktails. He glanced up to take a gaze at Teilo (Pan couldn’t help it: Teilo was just so handsome and Pan had spent so many months looking at medcenter walls) only to see Teilo looking at him. Both men looked away quickly.

Throughout the first play of the game, Pan felt his eyes keep drifting towards Teilo. Sometimes Pan would catch Teilo looking at him. Pan would quickly look away or pretend to look past, but everytime they would lock eyes, just for a moment, and Pan’s stomach would flop and his heart would flutter.

Finally, during the first intermission, Wedge Antilles slammed a heavy glass of ale in the table. “Teilo! Pan! Would you two please stop making gooey eyes through me, over me, and around me?”

Pan started to go bright red. Teilo suddenly became very interested in his fried nizuli nuggets.

“If you guys want to get to know each other, there are plenty of tables opening up,” Tycho noted. The game was turning out to be fairly boring and the Alderaani Asgnats were losing, badly.

“Would you please?” Wedge begged. “Before you start kriffing each other on the table.”

Wes Janson began to laugh. “Well that would be more entertaining than the game.”

Pan just wanted to go home and disappear. He was so embarrassed. And the idea of sex just brought up so many insecurities he had now that he was disabled. He knew the guys were just joking around and they didn’t know his mental health status.

“Pan, would you like to?” Pan looked up to see Teilo’s eager eyes looking so genuine. Teilo laughed, “Eat at another table with me, that is. I’m not one for public sex on first dates.”

Pan could think of a dozen reasons not to say yes. He didn’t want to get his own hopes up, to get a glimpse of his fantasies come true, only to realize Teilo was just being polite and kind. But one conversation couldn’t hurt him, right? They could just be friends. He could use friends who weren’t Jedi. “Okay.”

Tycho carried Pan’s food and drink to a recently vacated table. Teilo followed, putting his food on the table and moving the chair for Pan. Teilo sat across from Pan as Tycho slipped off.

“Shame about the game,” Teilo said.

“I’m not too knowledgeable about smash-ball, but I knew it was a long-shot for Alderaan, especially against Corellia.” Pan was blabbing. When he was nervous he seemed to swing between babbling and having a pittin steal his tongue. He just hoped he didn’t forget any words and embarrass himself.

“If your not much of a smash-ball fan, what are you doing here?” Teilo asked before taking a drink of his craft ale.

Pan shrugged, trying to play it cool, he didn’t want to just blurt out ‘my parents think I’ve been cooped up for too long so they made my brother-in-law take me out to hang with his friends because all of my 2 friends are both Jedi and never have time for me. Oh, and I agreed to come just so I could look at you.’ “To get out of my usual surroundings and have some fun. Uhm, are you a smash-ball fan?” he asked. He just wanted the attention off himself.

Teilo let out a small chuckle. “It’s kinda hard to come from Dantooine and not be. I heard there were riots when Coruscant knocked them out of the play-offs. Though since living on Alderaan, I’ve really been getting into motosurfing.”

Pan lit up. He loved motosurfing - gliding on water at such a high speed was an art form. “I am so excited for the galactic co-op tournament in two weeks. I don’t care about the time difference between here and….” Gah! He forgot the name of the above-water city of Mon Cala where the tournament was being held. “There.” He was so embarrassed. He knew he shouldn’t speak.

“Me too. I know I’m going to be up to 0200 every night and running on caff every day. Have you seen those rookies from Ryloth. Ke’mad and Zo’wu Mena?”

Pan nodded. “I think they have a future, but there’s no beating the Koa siblings.”

“Nah,” Teilo said, throwing his hand in a gesture. “Those two are past their prime.”

“I think they have one more year.” Pan tooka another bite, thankful he ordered something easier to eat. “So Dantoonie?” Pan asked. “What brought you to Alderaan?”

“It was more like what drove me off of Dantooine.”

Pan winced. Had he hit a nerve? “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.”

“No, no, it’s nothing like that. My family is from a long line of farmers. I know it’s necessary work for feeding the galaxy, but I have six brothers and two sisters to keep on the family land.”

“Man, and I thought I had it rough with Winter,” Pan said with a laugh.

“So you know why I joined the navy as soon as I could to get away. I met several of these guys while in there,” he said hitching a thumb towards the members of CorSec. “I eventually got a scholarship for Alderaa University and, well, I just fell in love with the planet.”

“What did you take?”

“I majored in law. In the navy discovered I had a talent for negotiating disagreements - I mean, I was the middle of nine kids. I work for a intergalactic negotiating firm now. Mostly business and labour disputes involving multiple planets when neither side don’t want to go to court just yet.” Teilo looked down. “Sorry. I tend to blab about my job.”

“I don’t mind,” Pan said with a smile. “I like listening to you talk.” Had he really said that out loud?

Teilo smiled back. “Tell me about yourself.”

Pan wasn’t sure what to say. He was pretty positive Teilo knew the basics: Pan’s parents, his parents’ careers, his short-lived navy career which crashed and burned. “Uh, I went to Alderaa University too. I was so immature. I took mechanical engineering. How I managed to graduate, I really don’t know. I’m considering going back, getting a secondary degree in celestial navigation and getting into calculations or mapping or something.”

“Wow. So math?”

“Well, there’s more to it then that. There’s a lot of physics and knowing popular hyperspace lanes as well as routes and ships that travel along those routes. Not to mention knowing classes of ships and their hyperdrives.”

Teilo nodded, looking like he glazed over.

“Do you want to go back to talking about things we both know about, like motosurfing?” Pan asked with a laugh.

“Yes!” Teilo said. “I want to make a bet.”

“Really,” Pan snorted. “On the rookies? How many credits are you willing to lose?”

“Well, not credits, but if you’ll allow me to be presumptuous, if the rookies win, I get to decide what we do on our third date. That is, if you agree on a second before then.”

“Does this mean this is our first date?” Pan was proud of himself for not being completely awkward.

Teilo looked around the Tavern, at the view screens (the Alderaani Asgnats were just being pummelled in the third play), at the group of friends laughing loudly at the table behind them, and the sub-par meal. “Well, I guess it’s not much of a first date.”

“Well, I’m having fun,” Pan said with a smile. “But I’ve also been cooped up like a Bantha during Krayt mating season. So my standards really aren’t that high.”

Teilo laughed. “Well considering I’m taking out a cultured prince, that really takes the pressure off me.”

“Cultured? Who are you calling cultured?”

“Well, I can try. There’s the botanical gardens not a 5 minute walk from here. Will you let me try to salvage this very impromptu first date this has seemingly turned into?”

Pan blushed. He was on a date with a very handsome, funny guy. “Okay.”

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Falling Apart at the Seams

Timeframe: 26 years post-ROTS

Notes: Written for the OTP’s Date Nite Gon Rong Challenge: write a story in which your couple's date or other romantic encounter/moment goes terribly wrong. I got ‘Wardrobe malfunction.’ This story follows the previous story in this vignette series “Cinderella Prince Parts 1 & 2” , but you shouldn’t need to read that or know about the OCs or the AU to understand this fic (though it will really help). I’ve tried to explain all the basics in the first few paragraphs. The muse kinda left this one, but I wanted to finish it for the challenge.

Pan felt like the luckiest guy alive. Sure he had crashed a star fighter on an asteroid just a few month ago, which led to several serious injuries including incomplete tetraplegia (he has some sensory function below his upper chest, but no motor function in his hands, fingers, trunk, or legs) and a brain injury. But he had a date this evening with a man who warmed his heart.

It was to be his second date with Teilo. They had been introduced at Pan’s sister’s wedding where they had danced and Teilo had even kissed him on the cheek! Then last week they had both hung out with some mutual friends at a bar and had ended up eating together and going for a walk. They had both wanted to go on a second ‘real’ date and agreed on tonight. Pan had let Teilo pick the restaurant since Pan wanted Teilo to set how serious this was going to be.

Pan’s guts were flopping around as his father applied some cologne to Pan’s neck. “Not too much Dad! I don’t want to be drowning in it.”

“Yes, Sir,” his dad said in a mocking tone, setting down the bottle on Pan’s dresser. 26 years ago Bail Organa had been one of the political leaders to reform the Old Republic after the whole Palpatine/Darth Sidious/Clone Wars fiasco. Bail was elected the first Chief of State of the New Republic. Pan had been born - extremely premature - during these hectic times and had his father wrapped around his pinky ever since.

“Sorry, I just want to smell nice but not overwhelming.”

“You smell as nice as you look,” his dad said, fixing Pan’s collar. Pan was wearing black dress boots, black leggings and a blue sweater - comfortable yet dashing.

There was a knock at the door. “Come in!” Pan called.

A palace aid entered in the traditional white and red uniform. “Your Highnesses, there’s a Mr. Kunsa at the gates. He has Prince Panimaxander’s personal call code.”

“Let him in and tell him to wait for me in the speeder bay! Oh, he’s early and I’m running late.” Pan looked around in a rush for his bag. He had wanted to be waiting in the garage when Teilo arrived.

Knowingly, Bail picked up the dark green canvas bag and placed it in Pan’s lap. “I’d bug you about letting me give him a stern talking to about your curfew, but I think you’re responsible enough to be home at a decent hour.” Bail leaned down and kissed Pan’s forehead. “I hope you have fun, and just remember, no matter how this date turns out, Mom and I love you very much. You can snuggle with Mom and I when you get back home. You can even fall asleep in our bed.”

“Okay, okay, Dad,” Pan said. “I’m not some kid anymore. Can I go now?”

“Yeah, go. Have fun.”

When Pan reached the speeder bay, Teilo was there, leaning against his speeder. The speeder was a thing of beauty; sleek, blue, with black stripes, covered with a large cargo space. It was almost as handsome as the man with his ankles crossed as he sat on the front. Teilo was in tight black dress pants, a dark red collared shirt, and a black overcoat.

Teilo smiled as soon as Pan came down the supply ramp.

“Hi,” Pan grinned as he approached, passing the half-dozen all black royal speeders. “Sorry you had to wait for me.”

Teilo rocked forward. “Hey. Don’t worry about it. I’m actually early. I didn’t know how long it would take me to get in here.”

Pan stared at Teilo’s lips as he spoke. Secretly, he hoped for another kiss, like that one at the wedding. “Yeah, I told security I was expecting you,” he said awkwardly. “I uh, like your speeder. Is it a MX-290?”

“Yeah, it was a gift for myself after I graduated school and got my job.” Teilo had a law degree and was a contract negotiator.

“It’s beautiful.”

“Can I help you in so we can get going for dinner?” Teilo said, rubbing his stomach. “I’m kinda hungry. And I got us reservations at Jagurl.”

Jagurl was nice. This was a serious date. More serious than Pan was expecting.

Pan nodded, then froze. He hadn’t thought about transportation and transferring into a speeder. They should have just met at the restaurant. He felt like was so much work getting him into a speeder. “Uh, yeah, my repulsor pack is in the case on the back of my hoverchair. I need help putting it on like a backpack.” Teilo just nodded and started the task. “Then, when I start to lift up, I need you to guide my my legs into the speeder, and then adjust my seat back.”

Teilo nodded and did just that. During the entire process, he was constantly asking if Pan was okay. Physically, Pan was fine, but he was so embarrassed he needed so much help and Teilo would have to do this three more times. He didn’t want to have to have this help. He didn’t want to come off as the spoiled little prince. Pan tried to get his emotions under control as Teilo loaded the repulsor pack and hoverchair in the back of the speeder. Maybe he wasn’t ready to date.

Teilo got into the driver’s seat. “We ready to go?” he asked with a smile.

Pan just nodded.

Jagurl was one of the finest restaurants in Alderaa. Teilo had picked it because he was rather intimated about dating a prince, and he knew it was a nice atmosphere for a second date. As he drove through the traffic, they discussed their weeks and what they thought of the preliminaries of motosurfing. Teilo parked the speeder in front of of the restaurant, got out, and got the repulsor pack and hoverchair. Getting everything out had taken awhile. When he opened Pan’s door, Teilo frowned when he saw Pan looking down into his lap. His body language just made his misery obvious.

“Shavit,” Teilo murmured. “I screwed up. I am so sorry. I don’t know what I did, but please tell me because I feel awful right now.”

Pan shook his head and looked up at Teilo. “I’m really sorry. It’s not you, it’s me.” He then chuckled mirthlessly. “Sorry for the cliché.” He signed. “I really like you, but I hate how I have to treat the guy I’m really quite into, like a servant. I don’t like being a prince and yet here we are, at an upscale restaurant for a second date and you are caring for me. I know the second part is unavoidable and really something I need to work on accepting. And I just feel like an idiot for bringing the first thing up. I’m so dumb.”

Teilo crouched down. As he did, he felt the bum of his pants rip. Mortification washed over him. He had picked these pants because they were tight, but evidently they were much too small. But all he could focus on was Pan. “For the record, I’m really into you too. I don’t mind helping helping you out. I’m getting to hang out with my celebrity crush and I’m finding out he’s actually the sweetest guy. You’re not dumb. In fact, I’m the idiot. I should have asked you where you wanted to go and if you just wanted to meet me there. I thought I was doing the easiest thing for you by taking care of it all. Plus… I wore pants that are way to small because I wanted to impress you, and now I’m embarrassed to stand up because they totally just ripped.”

“What?”

Teilo stood up, looked at the damage, then showed it to Pan. The seam had completely popped and his burgundy briefs were on display.

Pan began to laugh. He tried to cover his mouth. “Oh my stars, I am so sorry.”

Teilo smiled, he loved hearing Pan laugh. “Yeah, so, how are we going to fix this?”

“I’m sorry, I think those pants are beyond fixing. Cute butt though.”

“I mean our date, genius, because I get the feeling you don’t want to go to a fancy restaurant with me looking like this.”

“I don’t want to go to a fancy restaurant at all. I’m just not into that sort of thing.”

“Okay,” Teilo said. “Since I apparently suck at planning dates, where you do want to go? All I ask is that it doesn’t involve needing pants.”

Pan quirked an eyebrow. “No pants eh? I know what we could eat without pants.” He then blushed. “I’m sorry. That was crude. I used to be so crude before my accident.”

“No, I think you used to be bold before your accident and I love seeing that confidence come out.” Teilo laughed. “But I’m really hungry. And no, not like that. Where do you want to eat?”

“Wanna just grab some fast food and go back to my place and eat it?” Pan had to eat at a table now that he was disabled. Eating in the speeder would be much too difficult.

Teilo hesitated. “Um, you mean me to go back to Alderaa Palace, with a huge rip in my pants.”

Pan rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry about it. I spent the ages from 2 to 4 running around that place buck naked. You can just tie my sweater around your waist.”

“Okay,” Teilo agreed. “But only because I want to hear more about your exhibitionist tendencies.”

Pan laughed. “Okay. I’ll tell you the tale of when I mooned an ambassador from Muun.”

They had stopped by a Mon Cala take-out restaurant on the way back to the palace and had eaten at a small table in Pan’s suite. Teilo had no issues helping Pan feed himself.

“Do you like physical touch and intimacy?” Teilo asked bluntly. He then looked down. “Sorry, I’m cuddler and I’ve been single and living alone for so long. I miss physical touch.”

Pan nodded. “I love cuddling.” He then blushed. “I also really liked it when you kissed me at the wedding.”

Teilo laughed. “Oh man, I’ve been so embarrassed about that.”

“Well I liked it,” Pan said again. He then glanced at the large grey couch in front of his view screen. “Wanna cuddle and watch motosurfing?”

Teilo kissed Pan’s cheek. “Yes.”

Pan felt awkward, yet awesome. It was the perfect second date.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aw, what fun to see these two again! I really like the dynamic you’ve set up between them, with Teilo’s earnest desire to help (and please) contrasted with the very understandable awkwardness Pan feels about having to be helped so much, but all of it with the fun, trademark Briannakin snark mixed in. And Teilo’s little “wardrobe malfunction” happens exactly because of his eagerness to please—and they both ended up getting a laugh or three out of it, as well as a “date night in” that may be even more fun than their original plan! A perfect second date indeed, and thank you so much for sharing this fun story with the challenge! =D=

Kahara likes this.
  7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Intresting story, of course not knowing the characters nor the details of the EU I didn´t understood everything but it was still a nice read. Nice to see Teilo so caring about his date/boyfriend, though Pan being uncomfortable at all the things that need to be done for him is defenetly understandable. I glad they had still a rather good date despite the wardrobe malfunction.
    Nice story :)

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Tjank you! I do love writing these guys, even if plot bunnies don't bite often fo them. I love that you enjoy the budding dynamic between them (and the snark!).
    I'm a person who (generally) just laughs when things go wrong and I love that these guys just laugh and roll with the punches and still have a lovely second date.

Thanks for reading even though you aren't quite familiar. These characters have kinda developed in an odd way and I wish my muse would give a more linear storyline with them, but my muse doesn't work that way.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Show You Off
    Timeframe: 7 ABY
    Notes: When I said the WIPurary was giving me plot bunnies for EVERYTHING else besides what I signed up for, I wasn’t kidding. This was written for the OTP Love Letter Exchange. If you don’t know much about these OCs, don’t worry, neither do I. These are far from established OCs, but there’s a bit of a primer to this AU at the beginning of this thread and BASICALLY all you need to know is: Emperor Palps never rose to power, Pan is the Prince of Alderaan and Teilo is his boyfriend. I’ve tried to give as much context without being too explain-y.

Dear Teilo.

I’m sorry.

We just fought and I feel horrible. We’ve had spats before but this felt different, more serious. So I’m writing you this letter in hopes you will come back after your walk and read it because we both know I’ll be asleep. I’ll try to stay awake as long as I can and if you wanna wake me up to talk, please do.

This isn’t going to be eloquently written, but I want to get my thoughts out for both our sakes.

I know dating me isn’t easy. Dating as me isn't easy. I’m the gay, recently disabled, Prince of Aldeeraan, and my family just makes things even more complicated.

But I love you.

And I’m sorry for pressuring you to come out publicly as bisexual.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have been born and raised on Alderaan - and how lucky we are here that we can be in an open relationship around our friends and my family. And I forgot how scary it is to come out. Yes, I pretty much always knew my mom, dad, sister and friends would love and accept me no matter what my sexuality was. Sure, I had the added complication of being Prince of Alderaan, second heir to the throne. But still, coming out as gay to the public was terrifying (we both know I wasn’t exactly the ideal prince to begin with), and I had my family at my side the entire time.

And now I want you at my side. I want you to enter with me at all the royal balls I have to be at. I want you to be announced with me as my date, my courtier, and eventually my husband.

Because I’m just so kriffing in love with you.

But sometimes I forget you are an immigrant to this planet. Where you come from - Dantooine - isn’t as accepting, and you fear your family will be a part of that. I forgot my own privilege.

So, again, I’m sorry for asking you to enter publicly with me to my mom’s Jubilee. You feel like that might ‘out’ you and I have to respect that (though I still don’t think you appearing so publicly with me will make it back to Dantooine). I just wanna show you off. Can you blame me?

I hope, if and when you do come out, you know I will be at your side. Always.

I love you.

Pan.

Pan sent the letter he had dictated out-loud on his own data-pad to Teilo’s data-pad. Beside Pan on the bed, a square glowed, indicating Teilo’s data-pad had received the message. At least Teilo had left his data-pad. He’d be back.

Feeling guilty and tired, Pan used his controls on his bed to lay himself back and tried to settle into his pillow. He felt so alone. “Lights: off,” he commanded to the automated room. “Temperature to 21.”

Pan did his best to tuck himself it, which was difficult given his injuries. He had movement in his arms and wrists, but not in his hands or fingers. He wasn’t able to pull the green quilt up, over his shoulders. He knew he could voice-activate his care-taker droid, but he didn’t feel like dealing with Beesix.

He just felt miserable.

A while later, Pan half woke in a daze. The once empty bed beside him now had a figure sitting on the edge. Teilo had his lamp on, was wearing a grey sweater, and was hunched over, reading his data-pad.

Teilo let out a soft sigh, but Pan knew it to be a happy one.

Teilo got up, switched off the light, then walked out of the bed chambers. Pan became alarmed and was now fully awake, but saw the light coming from his small communications alcove.

“Hello, Mom, can you see me?” Teilo asked. He must have holo-commed his parents.

“Teilo! Yeah, can you see me? You never comm anymore. What time is it there?”

“Yes, Mom. Sorry I’ve been kinda busy lately, and I wanna tell you why. I’ve found someone special, Mom…” Teilo heaved a breath. “I have something important I want to tell you….”

Pan drifted off to sleep.

An hour later, Pan woke up again just as Teilo - in his blue underwear - was crawling into bed, next to Pan.

“Hey hot-stuff,” Pan murmured, “I’m sorry for fighting with you.”

Teilo leaned over, kissed Pan on the lips, then tucked him in better. “Yeah, it was kinda horrible of you to to pressure me to come out. But I realized I wanna show you off too. I love you and it shouldn’t matter what other people think. So I called my mom and I came out to her.”

“I hope you didn’t feel pressured, but I’m so proud of you. I love you.” Pan smiled. “How did it go?”

“Good, I think,” Teilo said, snuggling closer to Pan. “I only told my mom. Dad and the rest of the gang were out in the fields.” Teilo’s family owned a zabuia bean farm. “I don’t think I’m ready to tell them yet.” His voice began to get emotional.

“Thats okay,” Pan said as he moved his arm so Teilo would hold his hands. “You tell whoever you want, when you want.”

Teilo took Pan’s hand and rubbed his knuckles. “I’m not sure my mom got the notice on not outing people, but I’m not sure I care. She can be the one who tells my dad. I didn’t tell her my boyfriend is the Prince Of Alderaan; I figured one shock at a time. But she does want us to come visit.”

“Yeah? We should go!”

Teilo rolled his eyes at Pan’s enthusiasm. “You clearly have never been to the back-water provinces of Dantooine.”

“I thought you wanted to show me off.”

Teilo laughed and nuzzled Pan’s neck. “Yeah, I really do. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Nice to see these two back, and great to see you in the challenge with Pan's wonderful letter to Teilo! That really set the whole scene and kicked off the story in an effective way: their argument, its (pretty darn high) stakes, Pan's feelings for Teilo even so, as well as some things about Teilo's background that I didn't know: his Dantooine origins (wow, yes, that's a very different place from Alderaan! :eek: ), and the fact that he hasn't yet come out (which I didn't realize). That's a pretty fraught and serious issue, and I don't blame Teilo for feeling uncomfortable about the pressure he perceived coming from Pan—but nor do I blame Pan for just being so enthusiastic about Teilo that he wants to show him off, because he's found a real winner in many ways! :D And I love that we learn later on that Teilo really would love to show Pan off, too—I know that might be somewhat more of a challenge, but I hope he will someday get the chance. Once again, great to see you back at writing these guys, and thanks so much for sharing this with the challenge! =D=

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading. I have a bunch of head-canon with these guys including Teilo's background (if the muse will ever cooperate). yes this is a pretty sensitive issue and you can kinda see both sides. Hopefully the muse will one day let me write these guys showing each other off!

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Exploration
    Timeframe: 7 ABY
    Notes: Written for the OTP’s “Things you said” minific challenge (out of competition). I drew inspiration from 16. “Things you said with no space between us”. Nothing about the OCs Pan/Teilo need to be known (though there is a bit of a primer in the OP). I just really had the urge to write Pan/Teilo. This is just them early in their relationship. Also, note, while not explicit smut (I didn’t break any rules and I did get some second opinionf from my fellow mods), this does get quite intimate.

“Is this okay, Pan?”

“Yeah! I mean… yes, it’s nice…. Is it okay for you?”

“I told you I love cuddling, so yes, this is wonderful for me. So… uh… and you can tell me to shut up if this is too personal….”

Too personal? In this position?”

“Okay, yeah. I’m just wondering where abouts do you lose sensation? Where can you feel?”

“It’s not that simple. Its not a straight line that dictates what I can and can’t feel or move. Technically it’s about at my armpits, but because my spinal cord was crushed but not severed, my body is just weird.”

“It’s not weird; you’re handsome.”

“When someone touches my right knee, I feel it in the middle of my stomach.”

“Okay, that’s a little weird. I just wanna know how I can make you feel good.”

“Well… I’m still discovering new things out myself. I haven’t done this since I got injured. Most of my knowledge comes from telling the doctors where it hurts. I can’t feel anything beyond my knees; but I can feel pressure on my hips, so that’s nice. I can feel a lot in my torso - but once again, mostly pressure so, like massages are nice. And my… chest is really sensitive, along with my neck… and I really love it when you touch my ears.”

“Oh really now?”

“Ohhh… ahhh. Yes! Teilo.”

“You like that? How about this?”

“Yup. Yup. Yessss. Please don’t stop. Teilo! I said don’t stop.”

“I’m going to give you a hickey.”

“Is that a promise?”

“Maybe later. I wanna get some more straight answers from you while you are still coherent. So, in general, deep touches below your chest and light touch touches above it?”

“Yeah, but have fun exploring -”

“Oh, I will.”

“And I’ll let you know if anything feels nice or if I need you to stop.”

“Of course. Communication is essential for me.”

“Well, in that case, you gotta tell me, where do you like to be touched?”

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, oh ho, oh ho indeed! :D Definitely a wonderful approach to "with no space between us," with not only all the tenderness of early lovers' explorations but also the added bit of poignancy, even bittersweetness, given Pan's condition. As always I love how gentle and concerned Teilo is—but that doesn't stop him from going all in once he finds that sweet spot on Pan! And I also love that Pan shows just as much concern for finding Teilo's sweet spots, because he too clearly wants to go all in and not let his condition slow him (or really both of them) down. So glad you joined in the challenge with these two—thanks so much for sharing! =D=

Briannakin and Kahara like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love this so much! It's so important for people to talk about what feels good and what doesn't, but I feel like even more so in a situation where someone might have very different sensations. And I love that Teilo wants to make sure things feel good for Pan and brings it up!

This line cracked me up!

Kahara, Findswoman and TheRynJedi like this.
  15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That's quite a sweet convo. There is defenetly a lot of love between these two. Touching the ears being the most enjoyable reminds me of Intouchables. :)

Kahara likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Out in the Wash

Timeframe: 4BBY (Pan is ~14)

Notes: This is basically a prequel to all of my Pan/Teilo fics. Written for the Douglas Adams Quote. I really enjoyed what it inspired, kinda also inspired by pride month... and then I forgot to post it in June. You dont have to have read other Pan fics to get this. This AU is your typical “Anakin never went to the dark side” type deal. In this AU Bail and Breha have two kids: Princess Winter and Prince Pan. Note: all characters are a bit flawed in this. But I like writing flawed characters.

21. "The moon was out in a watery way. It looked like a ball of paper from the back pocket of jeans that have just come out of the washing machine, which only time and ironing would tell if it was an old shopping list or a five pound note."

-Chapter Seven, So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish

Queen Breha knew she wasn’t a ‘normal mom’. She loved her two kids; Winter and Pan were her everything, but there were only so many hours during Alderaan’s trip around the system’s sun. Many days Breha felt like she went from endless briefings on exports from the southern continent to eternal meetings on trade negotiations with Kuat or her ceaseless ceremonial duties. She did not have time to clean the refreshers or do laundry.

Not that she was “above” domestic duties or that those tasks defined parenthood, but droids did come in handy. However, sometimes she wished she was a normal mom.

Or at least the palace droids had less fussy personality chips. Whoever programmed them had a misconstrued image of what royalty wanted.

Queen Breha was behind her light wood desk in her public office, scanning over minutes from a meeting she had missed because she was presiding over parliament, when there was a knock on the grand doors. “Come in,” she called, marking her spot on her data-pad. Breha was wearing a pretty casual gown (for her) and veil; dark blue with white lace overlay.

RE-314 - a palace maid droid hovered in. The top half of the shiny blue-silver droid looked humanoid but with four arms. The body tapered into a single hover-point. “Your Majesty. Something was found in the pocket of Prince Panimaxander’s trousers after they went through the wash. I decided to bring it to your attention.” The droid deposited a tightly scrunched ball of flimsy onto her desk.

“Um. Thank you,” Breha said, not being in the mind-set to deal with anything like this. After the droid left, Breha stared at the ball of flimsy for far too long (especially given how much work she had to do). She never wanted to invade her son’s privacy… but Pan was 14-years-old and had completely shut her out. She was sure his behaviour was just typical teenage angst. He was a good kid - maybe he didn’t have the best grades in school, but he was a kind young man.

Against all her better judgement, she reached for the ball. It couldn’t have been that private if her son forgot it in his dirty laundry. It was probably a test he had failed and Breha - a former Department of Education employee - wanted to know how to help her son.

She un-crumpled the flimsy to find a colourful - now faded - flyer for Alderaan’s Pride Youth Hangout Centre. It listed a few events including a poetry reading evening, games night, and a pride parade.

Breha wasn’t shocked. Pan had never expressed any interest in girls.

Breha instantly felt guilty for snooping. She felt horribly conflicted. Did she tell her son that she had found this and assure him he was loved and valued? But maybe Pan wasn’t ready to come out. Maybe he still needed time to come out to himself and that was okay. But maybe he was scared he was going to be pressured to deny his identity because he was the Prince of Alderaan. Breha would never do that and would never want her son thinking that.

“Love? Are you okay?”

Breha startled. She looked up to see her husband walking towards her desk. She hadn’t even heard him enter.

She wondered if she should keep this from Bail. Not that he would take issue with it - Breha was one of the few beings who knew Bail Organa was bisexual - but she didn’t want him to feel the same conflicts with their son.

But she couldn’t be in this alone. Bail was coming with her.

“I think Pan is gay,” she blurted, showing him the flyer. “Or something. I don’t know but this was found in his laundry.”

Bail read the flyer, then nodded. “Well.. that actually explains a lot. He kriffing hates it when the duchesses and ladies imply that one of their daughters is going to marry him one day.”

“What do we do? I don’t want to force him to come out to us if he’s not ready, but I want him to know he is loved.”

Bail thought for a moment. “He knows he’s loved and will be supported. I think we should just let him tell us when he is ready.”

She looked back at the flyer. “Maybe I should go do an appearance or a talk at the the Pride Centre? Show him I am an ally? I really haven’t done much with LGBTQIA communities… and now I feel horrible for that.”

Bail came around her desk, leaned down and kissed her. “You do more than enough You’re only a human. We should just wait and match Pan’s energy when he is ready to come out to us: if he’s excited then we will be excited with him; if he’s nervous, we will reassure him; and if he thinks it’s no big deal, then it’s not.”

She sighed. “Okay.” She tilted her head up and he kissed her again.

“I think,” he said, breathing on her lips. “You’ve been working too hard. I think…” he cupped the side of her face. “You need a vacation.”

“Oh, yeah,” she found her voice heavy as he held her close. “What are we going to do?”

“I’m thinking we go up to the mountain cabin and spend an entire long weekend naked in bed.”

“Can I spend this long weekend asleep?” she laughed as he began nuzzling and kissing her neck.

At this moment, her office doors opened again, without a knock.

“Ew, gross. Old people kissing,” Pan groaned as he stood in the middle of the room, hands on his hips. He was the image of his father with his mother’s bright eyes. He was scrawny and tall and wearing his school uniform. “But at least you are both here.” Pan closed his eyes and clenched his fist. “Mom… Dad. I’m gay.”

“Oh,” Breha was actually shocked, not by the news but the timing and how blunt it came out. She gently pushed Bail away, got up, and hugged her son. “We love you. Thank you for trusting us.”

“Moooom,” Pan groaned as his mother smothered him.

Bail joined the hug. “We love you Pan. You are the light of our lives. We are here for you if you wanna talk or just want someone to sit with.”

“Daaad,” Pan groaned again. “I just wanted to be open with you guys.” He reached down and grabbed his school bag. “I got homework to fail at.”

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hooray for a Prince Pan “origin story” (kind of)! Wonderful to see where it all began. I can totally understand Breha’s conflicted feelings here—supporting Pan and wanting to assure him (and others like him) of her support, but not being sure if it’s the right time for that. We parents want so much to be there for our kids and support them, but sometimes we need to wait and do that on their own terms, rather than on ours—Bail is spot on about that. And I love that when Pan does make his coming-out announcement to them, it’s in that very Pan, no-big-deal way, complete with the balky-teen “mooom” and “daaaad.” :D He came out in his own way, just like the moon in your quote; a neat and thought-provoking parallel, there. Thanks for sharing—wonderful to see you at work on these characters again! =D=

Kahara likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading. It was so much fun to explore Pan in his teenage years - he is such a character as an adult so I could imagine him so well as an awkward, agnsty, overdramatic teen. And yeah, Breha's conflict is understandable but Bail had the right idea.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Left Behind

Timeframe: 7 ABY (Pan is 25; Teilo is 32); 47ABY (Pan is 65; Teilo is 72)

Notes: Written for the OTP Challenge “Our Song/Plot Point”. I picked “If We Were Vampires” and got the plot-point “Sudden Change of Plans”. I ended up getting another plot bunny before finishing this one, but this one was like 95% finished so I figured I would finish and post it too.

Bit of a summary for those unfamiliar with this AU: Anakin Skywalker never falls to the Dark Side. Bail Organa becomes the first Chief of State of the New Republic. He has a daughter (Winter) and a son (Pan). Pan crashes a Star Fighter in his early 20s and becomes disabled. He met Teilo at his sister’s wedding.

Teilo knew he would outlive Pan. Teilo was seven years older… but he knew the love of his life would one day leave him.

The realization came to him when they had been together for only three months. Pan had invited Teilo to a charity gala. It was a fairly usual event for the Prince of Alderaan but Teilo, from the backwater world of Dantooine, it seemed so glamorous. Sure Teilo had been invited to Princess Winter’s wedding, but as a friend of the groom. He felt so fancy in his navy dress jacket with a high collar and off-centre buttons. The coat fell to his knees and he wore matching dress pants.

Teilo was slowly getting used to walking through Alderaa Palace. He had full access as Pan’s boyfriend, but it was still weird to be passing palace guards. He had been messaging Pan just a few minutes before, telling him that he was on his way.

Teilo reached Pan’s door to find it already opened and a dozen people were inside. The small kitchenette and sitting area were a mess with medical supplies. Sterile wrappers littered the floor. Meddroids and medcentres freaked Teilo out, but he pressed on into the bed chambers.

Four medics and the Queen of Alderaan were gathered around Pan’s bed. Pan was arguing with them all. His voice was so weak. “No, I feel fine now. Teilo will be here any minute. We are going to the gala.”

Bail, looking concerned and angry, pulled Teilo out of the room. “Pan’s latest spinal implant caused him to have a seizure.”

“This one too?” Teilo asked in shock. Teilo knew Pan’s history with spinal implants. They were the standard treatment for spinal cord injuries, but because Pan’s spinal cord was crushed along several vertebrae, not severed in one spot, the implants always overloaded Pan’s body with electrical signals causing seizures and putting him at risk for cardiac events. This one had supposed to be different - mainly bridging sensory impulses.

“Yes. We need to take him to the medcentre to remove it.”

Teilo sighed, “But he’s refusing to go.”

Bail’s expression softened, understanding Teilo hadn’t forced this on Pan. “Yes.”

“This is all my fault. I’ve been so excited that Pan was taking me to this gala. I think he just wants to do something for me. Can I talk to him?”

Bail nodded and led Teilo into the room. Pan brightened as soon as he saw Teilo. Teilo knelt at Pan’s side, got a small black package out of his large pocket and pinned a fresh green flower bud and pinned it to the collar of Pan’s pyjama shirt.

“My stars you’re handsome,” Pan murmured sleepily from his mountain of crisp white pillows.

“And you look like something a trash-compactor spits out. Why didn’t you comm me?”

“It’s not that bad. Give me like 45 minutes and I can be ready. We shouldn’t be too late.”

“We shouldn’t be too late because we aren’t going.” He rocked up and kissed Pan. “We’re going to the medcentre to remove this implant.”

“The implant didn’t work.” It was a statement of disappointment. Pan sighed. “And you’re going to miss Celistina NubLar,” the singer was the headline feature and Teilo had been so excited.

“There will be other galas where I can hold your hand. I get to hold your hand in bed tonight. Let’s get you the medcentre and feeling better.”

Teilo hated medcentres. Teilo had travelled to the medcentre in a separate speeder with Pan’s parents (which was almost as horrible as this entire situation). Pan had another seizure on the way so he had been rushed into surgery. Taking out the implant wasn’t going to take long, but he was going to be on some pretty strong drugs.

“You should be there as he wakes up,” Breha suggested.

“Are you sure, Ma’am?” Teilo asked. He wanted to support and comfort Pan, but had no idea how to do that in a medcentre. What if he did something wrong and hurt Pan.

“Yes, and please call me Breha, Teilo, if it’s just us,” Breha insisted. “We are just his parents. He’s going to want you by his side tonight.”

Teilo, instructed by a medcentre droid, entered Pan’s recovery room. The lights were dimmed and Pan looked rather comfortable in the bed. Teilo cautiously sat in the chair placed next to the bed. He was so distracted by all the wires, tubes, and monitors that he didn’t realize Pan was conscious (barely).

“Hey, handsome,” Pan murmured, trying to raise his hand. There was an intravenous line in the back of his hand which absolutely freaked Teilo out. Teilo hesitated and Pan - even though he was out of his mind on drugs, noticed. “What’s wrong?” he pouted. “I’m really sorry about the gala.”

Teilo leaned closer, kissed Pan’s cheek and began playing with Pan’s dark hair. “I completely forgot about the gala. I’m just worried about you. I hate medcentres and I hate seeing you like this.”

“Am I that ugly?”

“No,” Teilo scoffed.

“Pathetic? Whiney? Just wait till the drugs wear off and the reality of another failed implant hits my mental health.”

“You are so handsome and I love you just the way you are.” Teilo looked up at all the monitors and knew he had too communicate what he was feeling. “Medcentres freak me out, Pan.”

“Well you’re dating the wrong guy.”

Teilo rolled his eyes. “Seriously, Pan. How can I comfort you? What am I supposed to do?”

“Well, I think my doctors want me to avoid crazy sex while I’m in here. But you can hold my hand, turn on a holo and just be here.”

“Okay.” Teilo kissed Pan again and took his hand.

Forty Years Later

Teilo did not want to go back into that medcentre room. He sat in a chair outside the door for a very long time after going to get a caff. He was used to medcentre rooms, even comfortable in them, but his body refused to move.

Guilt overwhelmed him. His husband of 36 years had always made it clear that he wanted to… pass away, at home. But three weeks ago, Pan had come down with a flu, then Teilo had found Pan unresponsive in the media room, Teilo had freaked out, called the medics who had resuscitated Pan… but the toll of over 40 years as a quadriplegic had finally caught up to him. Pan had a severe chest-infection and was struggling to breathe.

Last night, the doctors had brought up the option of a ventilator, but Pan had said no.

To add to Teilo’s guilt: today was Queen Winter’s and Prince Tycho’s 40th wedding anniversary. A huge gala had been planned. It was also the 40th anniversary of Teilo meeting Pan. Teilo and Pan had begun to plan a huge, romantic evening after the gala when this Corellian hell began.

Teilo and Pan always tried to celebrate the anniversaries they could.

“Dad?” A voice broke the quiet hum of the medcentre.

Teilo looked up at his older daughter. It had been 25 years since he and Pan had adopted her and her sister and brought them home from Shili. Karima had grown into such an intelligent woman. Her white face markings were etched with concern.

She put her hand on his shoulder. “Baba is awake and asking for you. I can tell him you went home to rest.”

“No, no. Please. I’ll be in a moment.”

Karima rubbed his back.

Teilo took another sip of his caff and ran his hand through his white hair. Getting up, he took Karima’s hand. “I love you Dear.”

“Love you too, Dad… Shira and I are going to be here for whatever you need.”

Teilo nodded. “Let’s just focus on your Baba right now.”

They entered the dim medcentre room. It was getting late so only one lamp was on. There was a small bouquet of flowers Teilo had brought for Pan a few days ago. Shira was at her Baba’s side, stroking his hair and whispering to him. She glanced back at Teilo before kissing her Baba on his cheek. He was lying on a mountain of pillows. “We found Dad.” She rubbed his chest. Pan was wearing his favourite blue pyjamas, which only made his pale skin look more translucent. “Love you, Baba.” She kissed his cheek, then got up and kissed Teilo’s forehead - she a head taller than him.

Teilo approached and sat on the edge of the bed. He immediately took Pan’s hand as he smiled down at his husband. “Hey there, handsome.”

Pan was so weak at this point, even his breathing was laboured. Still he managed to smile.

Teilo used his other hand to stroke Pan’s stubbly cheek. Pan nuzzled into Teilo’s palm.

“Do you want anything?” Teilo asked.

Pan’s voice was weak and raspy. “You.”

Teilo smiled. “That can be arranged.” He peeled back the sheets and climbed in. It seemed so mundane. How many times over the past 40 years had Teilo crawled into their bed and cuddled with Pan? Held him close as they whispered in each other ears.

The limited space of the medcentre bed wasn’t why Teilo was holding Pan close. Face to face, Teilo had his arm around Pan. Pan put his hand on Teilo’s cheek.

Teilo nudged Pan’s oxygen mask off so they could kiss.

“I love you,” Pan whispered. He closed his eyes at the effort the simple sentence took to say. “Ever since I met you… 40 years….”

Teilo kissed Pan again, not moving his face far away when they parted. “Yeah,” he stroked Pan’s hair. “I’ve loved you that long too.” Teilo had no idea what to do or say. He had known this day was coming but he wasn’t prepared. “I love you too.”

It took a few hours, but they were peaceful.

Pan’s body began gulping for air. It was a sign of brain-death. The body was in primordial survival mode.

“It’s okay, my love…” Teilo gasped, trying not to lose his emotions in hysterics. They said hearing was the final sense to go. So he talked, perhaps to himself. “You can go, my love, my Pan. We’ll be okay. I’ll be… okay. I love you. We love you.”

The body was eventually still. No alarms went off - nurses had already turned them off.

The sweet scent of incense filled the room. It was Alderaan tradition to burn incense when there was a death. They said the soul left with the smoke.

Prince Panimaxander of Alderaan was gone.

And Teilo was left behind.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A beautiful moving story of the love of Teilo for Pan and a great response to the challenge

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Fete Week Prince
    Timeframe: 7 ABY (Pan is 25; Teilo is 32); a number of months into their relationship
    Notes: My muse really wanted some Pan/Teilo and Holiday mush, so I combined the two. Theres a bit of angst thrown in.

“Panimaxander, that was, by far, the worst holo I have ever seen,” Teilo deadpanned. He and his boyfriend were cuddled under a blanket, watching cheesy holo films the night before the beginning of Fete Week.

Pan LOVED the holiday season - as evidenced by the glittering lights and festive garland all around his suite. Pan’s family went all out for Fete Week. It wasn’t just because they were the Alderaani Royal family… if anything their status just fuelled Queen Breha’s and Prince Bail’s love of the holiday. Heck, they had been married the final day of Fete week. Pan remembered being a little kid, attending the first night Gala hosted by the Royal family, waking up with his parents the next morning, opening all his gifts, then spending an entire week eating sweets and having fun with his family.

Teilo, on the other hand, was still relatively new to the Core-World holiday. Being from Dantooine, he just didn’t have the nostalgia associated with the holiday. Sure he had lived on Alderaan for over 10 years at this point, but because he didn’t have family here, other than spending Fete Week with his ex-girlfriend’s family a few years, never got the full Fete Week experience.

Pan was going to give him the full Organa Fete Week.

Pan began to cackle. “You ready for the sequel?”

“There’s another one?” Teilo asked in shock.

“There’s four! They are so bad and I love them all so much!” Pan gushed. The Fete Week Prince told the ridiculous love story about a Jedi who has to go under-cover as a Prince but he falls in love with the Prince he is a decoy for. “It was the only queer representation I had in a Fete Week movie growing up and I always watch the series. Last year when I was in the medcentre, I was pretty miserable about… everything, so Dad watched it with me, on repeat, through Fete Week.”

“And he didn’t kill you?” Teilo shifted Pan off of his chest and propped him up with two throw pillows. “I need another ale if I’m going to make it through another three of these.”

“Pour me another glass of wine, please. Alcohol is half the fun of watching bad Fete Week holos.”

Teilo picked up Pan’s glass, then walked into the small kitchen (Pan stared at his butt as Teilo walked). “Just so long as you admit it’s bad.”

“If you hate it that much, we can continue watching the holiday bake-off holo.”

“No, no. I’m laughing at it, but it’s fun. And I can start making out with you and I don’t think you’ll get mad at me for interrupting the plot.”

Pan grinned as he flopped over, back into the well in the couch he and Teilo had created. “This Fete Week is going to be perfect.”

Suddenly, the comm system in the corner of the room started to chime. “I’ll get it,” Teilo sighed.

“Good. ‘Cuz I’m kinda stuck.” Pan didn’t have the core muscles to sit back up.

Teilo rolled his eyes, then saw the ID and frowned. “It’s for me. It’s my family.” Teilo hadn’t seen his family in years. He had told his mother he was bi and dating a man a few weeks ago, but he had yet to tell his dad.

Pan couldn’t see the holo comm call, but he was able to hear.

“Dad!” Teilo said in shock. “How are you?”

“Mom let it slip she talked to you a few weeks ago.” His voice was even and emotionless, which fit with how Teilo had described his father. “She said you were sexually involved with another man.”

“Well it’s more than sex, Dad. I’m in love with an incredible human… and yes, he is a man.”

“That’s disgusting Teilo. I can’t believe you have become so morally depraved in your time in the core worlds. I think you should come home now.”

“Dad, no. I-.”

“If you don’t come home now, I don’t want you home ever again. I don’t want you around you mother or your siblings.”

The call abruptly ended. The room was silent for long moments.

“Teilo…” Pan said softly.

“Yeah, coming,” Teilo replied, rounding the couch. He picked up Pan and repositioned him in the corner of the couch, making him comfortable with throw pillows. “I’m going to go for a walk. I… I just need to clear my head.”

“If you need to talk, I’m here. I love you.” Pan tried not to think about the possibility of Teilo leaving him and going home.

“I love you too.”

Pan ended up watching a couple Fete Week specials and drifting into and out of sleep. Eventually he got his caretaker droid - Beesix - to put him to bed.

The next morning Pan woke to see Teilo next to him, already up, leaning on the headboard and reading on his data-pad.

“‘Morning Handsome,” Pan murmured. “Happy first day of Fete.” The first day of Fete was centred around community. Each year the Royal family would spend the day with a chosen charity, helping them, then hosting a gala for volunteers and staff of various non-profits.

Teilo gave him a soft smile before leaning down and kissing him on the lips. “Hey. Thanks.”

“Do you want to talk about last night?” Pan asked, trying to be the supportive boyfriend. He reached up and rubbed Teilo’s inner thighs.

Teilo sighed. “No. Not today. I love you Pan, but I’m still… in shock? Grieving? Processing the fact that my father hates me and has forbade me from seeing my mom or my siblings and that stinks…. Would you hate me if I skipped out on the Alliance Youth Centre. ” Teilo and Pan had planned to sped the day at a LGBTQA centre with the kids there. “Mentoring teens struggling with their identity and their parents hits a bit close right now.”

Pan nodded. “I think it would make you relatable with us youths,” he teased - Teilo was 7 years older. “But I understand.” He hesitated before asking his next question. “Are you still comfortable being announced with me tonight?”

Tonight was a bit of a big deal. Tonight, when the Royal Family was announced and entered the gala, Teilo would be announced alongside Pan as his suitor. It would be Teilo’s first ‘official’ public appearance. It was Pan’s coming out (figuring there was no way the news of Alderaan’s prince’s boyfriend was making it’s way back to Dantooine… not that it mattered now - though if it did, maybe it would give his father an aneurysm to find out Teilo was dating the - in Pan’s own words - “super gay, incredibly disabled, overdramatic, Prince of Alderaan”).

“I certainly do!” Teilo exclaimed, now perking up. He put down his data pad and rolled over Pan and straddling him. “Look. I think I just need to spend the day mourning and processing. The walk last night helped. I know I belong here in the core worlds. I am happy here.” He leaned forward. “And you’re a perk, Pan.” Teilo kissed him. “But I miss my mom and my sisters and brothers. It’s been way too long since I’ve home. I wanted them to meet you.” He pouted. “I just need some time, not around teens.”

Pan nodded. “My mom is spending the day in the NNICU. It’s kinda her First Day of Fete tradition. She spends so much time with her education initiatives so she loves to spend today in the NNICU - cuddling the premies and giving the new parents advice and stories of me as a baby. You could go with her if you want.”

Teilo raised an eyebrow. “Cute babies and your mom, gushing about baby you? Sounds like the day I need.”

“Then send her a message. And tell her to ask my dad if he wants to come with me. He loves coming to the Youth Centre - telling Dad jokes, giving Dad advice and Dad hugs.”

Teilo rolled off Pan and grabbed his data-pad. He still got nervous everytime he communicated with Pan’s parents, but thought of them as parental figures.

“It’s wild to think Pan was ever this small,” Teilo said, rocking a small infant. He had watched Queen Breha talk with all the parents, give them advice and anecdotes about Pan. Now he and Breha were acting as respite for two very exhausted mothers by cuddling with their premature twins. Teilo’s bundle was fast asleep. Teilo was wearing dress pants but with a soft, fitted sweater (picked out by the press team - no one wanted holos of him now, but after he was announced as Pan’s suitor, apparently he would be everywhere).

“Oh he was tinier,” Breha reminisced. She was in a rocking glider, her day dress was a flowing grey velvet gown. She was gently bouncing a crying baby. She repositioned the baby onto her chest, rubbing the infant’s back. “The first time the doctors let me hold him, he was a week old and could fit in the palm of my hand. But he rarely cried,” she murmured. “Just so long as I or his father were holding him. He was such a cuddle creature.”

“Sill is,” Teilo said, rolling his eyes.

“So is there a reason you are here with me instead of with Pan now? Not that I mind the switch in company.”

Teilo sighed. “So I came out to my mom a few weeks ago and she outed me to my dad.”

Breha gasped. “Oh. Teilo, I am so sorry.”

“Yeah and my fears about coming out to him were founded. He commed last night and said some pretty awful things. I’m just sorry Pan had to hear them. I’m just grieving the fact that my dad basically kicked me out of my family. I love Pan and he can always cheer me up, but I don’t think he gets why I feel so miserable today or why I need to feel miserable. You and Bail are so supportive of Pan and this pain feels like it’s my own.”

“Pan’s stronger than you think,” Breha said. “Yes, Bail and I took his coming out possibly better than Pan did, but coming out publicly was not easy for him. He was called some pretty horrible things by some of the elder ladies of the court and the media. There were implications that he should have kept private and just married one of their daughters to elevate their status. Your stories might not be the same, but he gets the pain… because it’s your pain and he loves you.”

Pan was already getting ready for the gala by the time Teilo returned.

“Hey Hun,” Pan called from the ‘fresher. “Just in the middle of getting dressed.”

Teilo used the door frame mechanics to swing around by the tips of his fingers, He stood in the doorway. Pan was on his dressing bench, fresh from a sanisteam, his wet black hair clung to his forehead. Beesix was putting his black dress pants. Teilo reached up to switch the caretaker droid into stand-by mode. “Moons, you are handsome,” he said, leaning down to kiss Pan, gently grasping his bare shoulder. “You should’ve waited for me.”

Pan gasped for air. “As much as I love getting clean with you, we are on a bit of a timeline here.” He signed. “I’m sorry. My dad asked my why he was accompanying me to the youth centre - we both had a blast by the way; we played this hilarious card game - and I was honest with him. I told him about the holocomm call.” Pan knew he shouldn’t have shared such a raw detail of Teilo’s.

“It’s fine, Pan. I told your mom about it too and we talked for a bit. I’m really glad I went with her.”

“Well, good. Because my dad wants to talk with you before the gala. So we have to save any fun stuff for after,” he winked, then added, “If you’re feeling up to it.”

“Ripping your dress clothes off of you and pounding you into the bed?” Teilo asked, rhetorically. “Yeah, I think that can be arranged.”

Pan and Teilo held hands as they made their way to the antechamber outside the palace’s event hall. Teilo was wearing an all-black dress jacket with dark grey pants. Pan was wearing a tuxedo with a deep purple scarf.

The rest of the Royal family were waiting. Queen Breha wore an extravagant glittering dark green gown and veil. Princess Winter - Pan’s sister - wore a much slimmer silver dress. Pan’s dad wore a jacket similar to Pan, with a dark green scarf, and Tycho wore his formal dress uniform of the Alderaan Security Force.

“Oh Teilo,” Breha exclaimed, “You look so handsome,” she said, walking up to him and brushing lint off his shoulder.

“Guess I’m pulverized nerf organs,” Pan jokingly grumbled as he looked up at his mom.

“You’re pretty cute too,” she said, straightening his scarf.

“The Prime Minister isn’t here yet,” Bail said, rocking on his heels. “Teilo, you wanna come for a walk with me?”

“Don’t worry, this isn’t another ‘you hurt my son and I kill you’ conversation,” Bail said with a mild laugh.

“Sorry, Bail, I think Winter is far more scary,” Teilo replied as they walked through halls of art.

Bail chuckled, “Well, your not wrong.” He sighed, growing serious. “Pan told me what happened last night. I hope that’s okay.”

Teilo nodded. “Yeah, it’s okay. I’m glad I have a support system here I can rely on Pan on telling.” He rolled his eyes but he really wasn’t mad.

“It’s really horrible, what your Dad said, and it’s not true at all. But I know that doesn’t make it not hurt.”

“I always knew I wasn’t made to fit Dantooine… and I knew my family - my dad especially - has a pretty narrow minded view of what a man is, what love is. I never wanted to go back to live there… but, I don’t know, it was nice having a back-up plan if I don’t get my Prince Charming out there.” He nodded his head in the direction in which they just came from. “I think he and I are… forever, but it’s been just a few months so I am still cautiously optimistic.”

Bail nodded. “I knew Breha was my forever the second time I met her. Of course it took her a year to see that, so I was cautiously optimistic until she agreed to marry me. I still don’t know how I managed to find her. I never thought I’d find my forever. I had to be married to a woman before my mother passed away.”

Teilo nodded. “Pan has explained to me the circumstances around Breha’s ascension to the throne.”

“Has he told you I’m bisexual?”

“No,” Teilo said in shock. “I had no idea.”

“Marrying someone convenient to the throne was always a possibility to me… and having a mistress would have been seen as acceptable, as long as I kept it on the down-low. But having a paramour....” Bail trailed off but Teilo got the meaning. A female on the side was fine, a male on the other hand, would have caused a stir. “Neither was needed, of course,” he said lightly. “After I met Breda, she was the one and only.”

Teilo smiled.

“I never told either of my parents I was bi. My father and I just wasn’t that close; and my mother had enough to worry about with me. I never told anyone, other than the men I saw. Until I got close to Breha. I knew it wouldn’t matter to her, and it didn’t. I guess my point is, we chose our family to be out to. The people who truly love us know it doesn’t matter.” Bail sighed. “I’m sorry your family, but I’m glad you found mine… Pan loves you, And I hope- one day - to call you my son.”

Teilo instantly became choked up. “I would really love that.”

“Can I get a hug?” Bail asked.

Teilo crumbled into Bails arms, crying suddenly and uncontrollably. He cried in grief, but also in comfort.

Bail and Teilo made their way back to the rest of the family. The prime minister was waiting with them now. She was talking politely… while trying to ignore the antics of Princess Winter and Prince Pan.

Winter had Pan by the ear. “You are so annoying,” she was saying. “But so much easier to beat up now.”

“Beating on your disabled brother,” he cockily mocked her. “What would the people say.”

Teilo snorted. He walked up and put his arms around Pan’s shoulders from behind. “Are you being a pain in the butt?” He kissed Pan’s cheek.

“I think our courtship announcement will beat the media circus that was around hers, because we are the cuter couple.”

“Everyone knew Tych and I were dating. It wasn’t world-breaking news when he was announced to the court. I’m not disagreeing with you, but it’s because everyone is going to be so shocked that you actually ended up with such a nice man.”

“Teilo isn’t nice. He’s going to be very naughty to me tonight,” Pan said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Okay!” Prime Minister Revsta announced, having overheard all the antics, “Are we ready to do this?” She entered the Gala, though she could still be hears from the antechamber. “Welcome, one and all and happy

First Day of Fete. Today we come together and celebrate as a community. Please rise and honour Her Royal Majesty, Queen Breha Organa, His Serene Highness Prince Bail Organa.”

Breha grabbed onto Bail’s offered arm and walked out into glittering lights.

“Her highness, Crown Princess Winter Organa and Prince Tycho Celchu-Organa.”

Winter patted Tycho on the bum before they walked out together.

“You ready for this?” Pan asked, looking up at Teilo. “Being announced last every event we go to.”

“More than ready,” Teilo said, bending down to kiss Pan. “Being announced with you.”

“And His Highness Prince Panimaxander and his courtier, Teilo Kunsa.”

Together, they entered, for all the galaxy

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Teilo has a great and loving family now.
    Love how you write him and Pan

23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I thought I had commented on this one already, because I enjoyed it very much—Teilo and Pan now are truly a public “thing”! There’s nothing like that thrill of being announced together—Teilo’s even got a title of sorts as Pan’s courtier—and even better, it’s with the full support of both Organa parents. The snark, especially Pan’s, is spot on as always, and I loved Teilo’s conversation with Bail: he’s found a supportive and loving dad figure already. I enjoy your stories about these two, and I’m sorry once again it took me so long to catch up to this most recent one! :)

Kahara and Briannakin like this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thank you so much for commenting! I didn’t realize it but I took this idea into a new fandom and ended up writing a 80k epic with it with a prequel and sequel in the works! I’m also planning to take the idea and make it into an original work, so signing in and seeing a new comment on this made me so happy.

25. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Unfortunately I haven't read your previous stories with Pan and Teilo so I wasn't familiar with the characters going in, but this series of stories was very easy for me to follow along with. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship develop over time and the different aspects they faced along the way. Both Pan and Teilo are very real, with realistic struggles and interests, and that keeps them very relatable as they navigate the higher society of the Royal Family of Alderaan. It's obvious how much they care for and love each other, and I'm glad that they have each other and make a happy life together.

I also enjoyed seeing Bail as the doting father of all his children, both the ones he raised and the ones he didn't. That seems like a very natural fit for him.

Great work! =D=