main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One What was your reaction the first time seeing the Vader hallway scene?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Blue 5, May 9, 2017.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I think the best moment of the scene is when the Rebels go from "Help! Help!" to "Take it! Take it!" Just thinking of that moment gives me shivers.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Fan service, but great fan service. Vader really hadn't been like that since ESB.

3. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    First reaction? Dead silence. Mouth open. Eyes wide. Terrified and amazed. Just like seeing Vader for the first time ever as a four-year-old.

christophero30, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  4. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    It was a wonderful Bonus in what had already become a great experience. I did not expect much of this movie but I left fully satisfied. The storytelling was good, the characters from nice to awsome and that Vader bit at the end was there to crown it all. I still believe today that ROGUE ONE should be in the Top#3 of any STAR WARS movies list.

black_saber and christophero30 like this.
  5. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I wasn't expecting Vader to do anything but was glad he did.I mostly just thought well **** those rebels are screwed and laughed at their attempts to kill my apprentice.Why didn't he just use the force on the plans though??

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I mean... how else could they possibly have followed up Admiral Raddus...?

7. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Agreed. It's a subtle, layered way of showing just how much the Rebel cause meant to them even when they're at their most vulnerable and endangered.

EHT, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  8. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I liked it, but to me, it was just the cherry on top of a climax that had a big grin on my face (particularly Star Destroyers being weaponized against each other). :)

9. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Already a stunning film, that just exploded my mind just like the Thanos Snap

10. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I filled my pants.

11. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I thought it was perfect. The scene struck a perfect balance between his power to rip through non-force users at will, but not too powerful that it contradicts his duel with Obi-Wan in ANH.

christophero30 likes this.
  12. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I thought it was too much. But then I'm a person with whom the continuity problems between RO and EP4 are a serious issue. Rogue One is enjoyable as long as you don't think about it too much.

13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    what continuity problems? I thought it enhances ANH nicely. Just curious.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I didn’t see any continuity problems.

Darth__Lobot, EHT and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The only thing coming close to a continuity issue between RO and ANH that I've heard people complain about is that Vader says "several transmissions" were beamed to the Tantive IV, while in RO it's one transmission beamed to the Profundity and then carried by hand to the Tantive.
    Really not much of an issue at all if you ask me.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When the plans were being transmitted, the graphics on the little screen showed several bars, implying that the plans were being sent on multiple channels simultaneously. So, technically, there were several transmissions... from a certain point of view.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not to mention that Vader may have been referring to something else. If we assume that Vader wasn’t able to immediately track the Tantive IV through hyperspace to Tatooine, but rather, found them by intercepting a different transmission (from the Rebel base to the Tantive IV, for example), then there’s no continuity question at all.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  18. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    It felt like me in battlefront when rebels get cornered in a hallway and think they can fight me.

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I remember I was watching it with a friend of mine, and both of our reactions to seeing Vader go to town in that hallway were

HOLY $&!%

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I will go on the record for both scenes with Darth Vader in Rogue one.

When I first saw his castle and giving a lecture to Director Cranic I was amazed by it and when Vader force choked. I was thinking just like the old movies.

Upon when I saw Darth Vader going on killing spree of Rebel troops, I was blown away and I am still blown away by rogue one itself.

My opinion, best Star Wars movie from Disney and Hopefully the Cassian andor will deliver too.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm in the lonely, but proud, camp of "Rogue One is the best Star Wars film...period." No Disney-era qualifiers for me! :)

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  22. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I thought that it was the closest thing to horror that I had ever seen in a Star Wars film.

Sarge likes this.
  23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. ROTJ Vader was depressed, so a lot of the juicy content comes before that period.

christophero30 likes this.
  24. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    It was fan service done right.

25. The-Creator-Lair

The-Creator-Lair Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2020
    I thought it was badass and as a 11 year old, I was awestruck and actually felt afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sarge likes this.