main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars and Film Music Interview Thread!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tari Narvina, Jan 31, 2019.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    1. My name comes from a Sonic the Hedgehog game, Sonic and the Secret Rings. At the end of the game Sonic transforms into Darkspine10 Sonic. I loved the colours and appearance, plus I just think the name is cool :)
    [​IMG]

First time I used it was for my PSN account, must have been 2010 or 2011. The 10 is just an arbitrary number ;)

2. First watched SW on tv, caught ROTJ, probably the worst to start with for a newcomer ;) Then I caught Eps 1 and 2 on tv, then saw the rest of DVD.

TCW made me a super fan, was great having a regular trickle of new episodes, which matured as the show progressed, with its audience.

2. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    1. Favourite sweet snack
    2. What is your favourite salty snack???

3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Sweet has to be chocolate, any kind really ;) Maybe Cadbury Dairy Milk as a basic fave.

As for salty, Doritos, chilli flavour :p

4. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    1. if you were to watch any movie on repeat what would it be?
    2. If you were to drive any car what would it be?

@darkspine10

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    1. if you were to watch any movie on repeat what would it be?

Maybe The Hobbit movies, for some reason I'm always wanting to rewatch them :)

2. If you were to drive any car what would it be?

I have no clue, I know nothing about cars :p

Tari Narvina likes this.
  6. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    Thanks @darkspine10 for your time!
    Next up is @Frisco!

1. How did you get your name?
    2. How did you get into liking Star Wars?

until Frisco answers the floor is open!

7. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    In looking up Felicity Jones on The Internet, one fine day, I had mistakenly entered "Felicia" Jones. Whether this was because of Autocorrect, or good, old fashioned Human Error ... who can know during these stressful times? What I discovered, though, was that Felicia Jones was a character on a soap opera, played by the (then) very cute Kristina Wagner, who was -- in real life -- married to the actor who played her boyfriend on the show. His name is Jack Wagner and his character's name was ... Frisco. But here's the clincher: when I saw Felicia all dolled up in her Padmé Amidala wedding dress ...

[​IMG]
    And in a moment ... it was there! It was all there! My username. My avatar. Everything. All of it.

I got into liking STAR WARS because of its presence on television and every which way its advertised and promoted ... with, at times, very little product. I was fortunate in having first viewed A New Hope in its entirety and I was hooked! The prequels were, in some ways, quite different from the classic trilogy. For example, the aliens did not speak English, before, and now we have Jar-Jar with his (at times) incoherent pigeon-English and CGI ways. On the other hand, the prequels dived deeper into fantasy and imagination. And finally, introduced me to Qui-Gon Jinn, my favorite Jedi character. His badassery is quite well-known around these parts, so I won't go into all that. I hope that these answers prove satisfying. I know that they work for me! :qui:

Tari Narvina likes this.
  8. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    imma extend this interview because i wasn't on because of school.

1. favourite song?
    2. favourite snack?
    3. favourite sweet?

9. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    Forgive my long absence, but The Padres have been keeping me busy ... too busy!!
    So now, without further adieu, for those who've not, as yet, lost interest, entirely:

My Favorite Song:

My Favorite Snack:
    [​IMG]
    My Favorite Sweet:
    [​IMG]

10. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    sorry for being really late (by a week late)!
    thanks @Frisco for the interview and I am now all up for more interviews!!

11. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    hey @Frisco

Carrie's lifeday song is one my favorites. It is all the more meaningful now. Yes, it was cheesy and random back in the day but not to Carrie. She was known for singing at events.

Frisco and Tari Narvina like this.
  12. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
  13. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    hey Ya'll! happy Sunday afternoon to you.

1) There is another forum where I have simply used the name Tython. The name had to go through an approvals process there and had to be a Star Wars screen name. When I joined JCF this time around, I added awakening and realized it is close to Episode VII's title, The Force Awakens.

It is fascinating to me that the planet Tython is located in the Deep Core of the galaxy in EU/Legends. That seems to open new and interesting possibilities. My SW fandom got more serious with 2012 being one of the biggest years for SW. I was also a big fan and collector for most of the 1990s during the revival period from about 90 through 99. And I returned to being a SW collector around 2005 with the release of Episode III.

2) Star Wars has always been big in my family since it was released on the big screen. When I was a kid, I tended to follow my older brother into things. It's funny how many of my early childhood memories are linked to the excitement of SW films, action figures, and books. By the time I was three, I was already collecting Empire Strikes Back action figures and had Pop-Up books. It didn't take me long to start collecting SW comic books. I at least watched ESB and ROTJ in the theaters for their original theatrical releases and the Ewok films for their television debuts.

I was born in 1977, the same year that Episode IV was released! Additionally, I also have other connections to George Lucas. I met George around 1999 when he gave a lecture on the USC campus. I also have family who attended the same High School as George in Modesto, California. George put Modesto, California into his films with American Grafitti.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  14. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    Sorry i kinda forgot about the forums while I had a **** ton of homework!
    @Tython Awakening
    1. You have met George Lucas. How did it feel when you first did?
    2. If you were to watch any movie on repeat what would it be?

15. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @Tari Narvina

George was on the USC campus giving a lecture for the film school. It was around Fall 1999 after the Phantom Menace release. It was more like seeing him in person instead of actually meeting him! He is very guarded in public and does not want to say much to people outside of what he is there for.

Actually, I was a little disappointed. This was a period when some fan opinions of George were lower than usual. Phantom Menace, despite having a huge box office, got mixed reviews. Many fans expected a different film than what George released.

For Question 2: I would hope not to watch any film on repeat! That is a form of torture! I kind of feel like I've watched all of the SW films on repeat. If I had to watch any film on repeat right now, it would be Die Hard with Bruce Willis or 2001: A Space Odyssey. I would watch Die Hard for the action/suspense. I would watch 2001: A Space Odyssey for the cinematography and concepts.

16. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    hi everyone!! I'm on break/hols and i might not be on...

christophero30 likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’d like to be interviewed if we are still doing it!

18. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    you still want to?

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Do it :emperor:

20. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    alright! I'm not going to do it now because online school is about to start but I'll start today

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Seagoat likes this.
  22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Not sure Seagoat really checks this forum much...

23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ah, but that's my secret. I'm a Schrodinger's mod, for I am always here, even when I am not

(Nah, but while I may not have a lot to post in here, I'm always on the lookout)

Sarge and darkspine10 like this.
  24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh, right, and

Well, strictly speaking, Tari is the one responsible for that, but looking at her profile, she hasn't been on since mid June. I'll send a PM her way and give a little time for a response. If I don't receive a response soon (or receive a response indicating she's not interested), feel free to offer taking the position yourself, Dandy

Dandelo likes this.
  25. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    @Seagoat oh that's fine :D Wasn't my intent to take somebody's hosting duties away. It just looked like DS really wanted to be interviewed and had some good questions for him :p
    And if she does come back and decide she still wants to do it, I'll add myself to the list of SW And Film Music interviews.

darkspine10 likes this.