main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Whatcha doing during quarantine??

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Tari Narvina, Apr 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    sleep?? we never heard of her...
    Welcome ~

This thread is about the struggle we all have during this time :p
    What are you guys doing daily through these extremely tough times and what do you have to experience everyday?
    Online school, shortages etc. you name it
    I mean toilet paper shortages and hand sanitizer shortages...
    advantages of having a family shop
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Some rules on how this thread works
    • No xenophobia cause I'm Asian if you didn't know that (surprise surprise)
    • I think this thread could allow double posting?? No. ;) Addie said.
    • Rant all you want
    • Eat food
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Now I'll shut up :)
    @Adalia-Durron
    @Bazinga'd

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  2. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    I am actually watching The Matrix for the first time at this very moment. I am very confused so far yet entertained.

3. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    i mean what else are you to do?? i already have cleaned out my room for like the 10th time during these three weeks

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I started cleaning, pantry, cupboard, linen press..........then I got bored. I started archery in the back yard, and have improved my technique, but over did it. Chores don't take long now I have my son helping me and so we get half a day of nothing! So walking the dogs, shopping on line (I'm allowed!!) and posting her.......and hand sewing poppies to make a wreath for my front door for ANZAC Day...........but climbing the walls and eating chocolate too much :eek:

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’ve been caring for my grandchildren, because both parents work in hospitals, and making sure my mom has all she needs so she doesn’t have to go out. I’ve always been on the go so I hate this.

I know people who have had covid and it sucks. :( We are on the end of the area where the first deaths occurred.

Dagobahsystem, Sarge, Moll and 2 others like this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ^ She wins!! [face_love]

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  7. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    We don´t have a total quarantine here in Germany, only limitations. I´m still working in the office every weekday. Kids have no school, as they are closed (ok, right now are holidays anyway). Fortunately the company in which my wife works ist closed as of Covid, so she can take care of the kids. My personal setback is the gym being closed; I´m not complaining though, it has to be that way. As long as I can still be outside it´s ok. This evening I will take the dogs for a run. The only real drawback ist that our new car has already been delivered to the car dealer, but I can´t pick it up because the dealer has been temporarily closed. Hard to see it standing there without being able to get it.

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm working. I'm essential. Got a letter in my car if I get pulled over. It gets a bit frustrating from time-to-time because I feel like I'm permanently working Saturdays.

I'm also plotting ways to get outside. Planning to go play disc golf on Friday with my wife. Got the back yard gazebo set up. Things like that.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm retired so no job to go to or worry about. (This 'job' isn't a paid one). So I come online usually in the morning and afternoon, take care of New User approvals, check the boards, etc. If I'm going out to check on what the local shops do/don't have I'll do that first while it's early. Take care of any chores after the online stuff (today I cleaned the windows inside and out). After lunch I usually read for awhile before coming back online. I head offline for the day around 7PM UK time and read for the rest of the evening. I usually have the news on in the afternoon for the daily govt press briefing (5PM-ish weekdays).
    Got a couple of neighbors working from home, one that can't work at the moment, and one that's working part time at his office. So nothing earth shattering here. As far as I know none of the immediate neighbors are hospital workers.

10. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Working from home between 8:00am to 5pm, when going to the office, I try to do 7:30am to 4:15pm so I can get home earlier, but given I am already home, I am starting a bit later than usual. Once work is over, I tend to have tea, watch TV (in the lounge) whilst playing a bit of Animal Crossing, if the tv is being used (the lounge one), then I play the PlayStation. Around 9pm, I like to read, usually for about an hour, then watch an episode or 2 of The Clone Wars as that is what I am currently going through, then sleep. It is a bit repetitive at the moment, but it is nice to be working from home.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was talking with one of the upstairs neighbors yesterday (socially distanced, of course).. He's in his twenties (guesstimate) and lives with his grandmother. She's in a vulnerable group (over 70s) but is working from home. As she is isolating due to being vulnerable he can't go to work at this point. (It's not a job that can be done from home - he works in a car parts store). He said he never thought he'd be bored of playing on his X-Box.

DarthIshyZ and Moll like this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

So surreal.

Pensivia and Adalia-Durron like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm taking an EMT course since a lot of the instruction now is done online through Zoom lectures. I didn't have time before, but I do now. It's a career field I've been wanting to switch into for some time, so I figure now is the best time get the course work done. And then hopefully a couple of months from now I'll be fully certified and out there helping out and on my way towards becoming a paramedic.

14. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    it's last day of online schooling and we have to farewell our year co-ordinator but holidays are coming up and i might have to do online shopping to save me

@LAJ_FETT these days are tougher when you can't really go anywhere. But I was forced to go to the supermarkets because I have the strongest body in the house...

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm on my own so if I need something I have to go get it. I've got 3 small stores in walking distance (newsagent, corner store, and a small Co-op store). If I have to go shopping I tend to go early (8AM-ish) when there aren't many people around.

DarthIshyZ and Ananta Chetan like this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Homeoffice
    Helpig the kids with e-Learning
    Cooking
    Gardening
    -> Same procedure every day
    :)

DarthIshyZ and Ananta Chetan like this.
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Among the standard working and moderating this forum, I am moving and improving my new house, and playing online baccarat.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So many are improving homes, We did ours before this all happened :eek: Thankfully the Easter Bunny is well organised!

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Wondering what the new JCF banner pertains to...

Master_Rebado likes this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its an Easter Egg hunt! Find the Easter Eggs in it!

Master_Rebado and Ananta Chetan like this.
  21. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  22. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I've been slowly cleaning my living area, area by area. Picking up the book I never have time for. But my cleaning is overdue.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My Archery Club are doing on line Webinairs on Saturdays when we used to have Archery. So I am listening to a Former world Champion talk about her time so far in Archery. Learned alot.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yesterday we got 8 inches of wet, heavy, sticky snow. I shoveled.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's been lovely here in the London area - sunny, 70s F. Shame we can't enjoy it by gong places.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.