main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Got it in, thanks so much! Wow, four entries already—you all are really cooking with tibanna gas! :D

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Are there any numbers left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hi Nehru! It looks like all the numbers in the challenge list have been claimed, but you (and anyone else) are always welcome to write an ad-hoc, noncompetitive entry based on any of the prompts, and I'll list it in a separate list in the challenge post. :)

4. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, folks, looks like there are now two weeks left in the Search Your Feelings challenge! We've got four excellent stories so far; here's hoping for more. :)

Kahara likes this.
  5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'll be waiting until the last minute to write my story so as to experience my assigned emotion of desperation in its heightened and acute state, thus allowing me to fully and accurately convey said emotion to the reader. :p

(Just kidding. I've got a start but stalled out a bit on it, and am trying to work through some plot issues.)

Kahara, divapilot and Findswoman like this.
  6. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Just by way of reminder: one week left in the Search Your Feelings challenge! Happy writing, and keep 'em coming! :)

Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I have an idea but there is no way I can write it by the deadline. I will probably post it as a non-competitive entry later, though.[face_chicken]

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Just uploaded my entry for this contest: Sorrow

9. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Like @divapilot, I immediately knew what I wanted to do when I saw my prompt, but I'm going to need more time. I will post it not-for-competition.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, index updated! We're at five stories now. And totally fine on ad-hoc entries submitted later; that is always OK in any of my threads. :)

Kahara likes this.
  11. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's my entry: Erosion. Please make it a non-voting entry, though-- I wanted to do it for practice.

In all honesty, this story did not go at all like I first expected it to, and it's a bit weird as a result, but I decided to leave it like that. You're warned. :p

divapilot, Kit', Kahara and 1 other person like this.
  12. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, got it in the index, and it's marked as non-voting. :)

Kit', Kahara and Thumper09 like this.
  13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  14. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Got it in the index, too—wow, what a great turnout, people! [face_dancing] We've got a little over 12 hours remaining to submit entries, so let's see what comes in, and even if nothing else does, we really do have quite a fine turnout. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Kahara and Kit' like this.
  15. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    All right, everyone, it's time to VOTE on the Winter 2020 OC Challenge: Search Your Feelings! We have six (6) votable stories:
    And one (1) story that's out of competition at the author's request:
    • Erosion by Thumper09 (with Inga Sellen and ensemble cast)
    Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on March 24, 2020. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about March 25 or 26 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! (I am glad to work with you on the latter if it would be helpful—just shoot me a PM.)

Happy reading and voting! :)

gizkaspice, Thumper09 and Kahara like this.
  16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    One week left to vote, people! See the post directly above this one for details. :)

Kahara likes this.
  17. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Yay! Finally got around to reading them (now to go back and comment too) and voted. Woot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Voted too. (Thanks again for the thread reminder! :) ) This was a really fun batch of stories -- and they're all really short and sweet too, if anyone hasn't caught up on them all yet.

19. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And a little over five hours left to vote! Get 'em in, get 'em in, get 'em in! :D

IMPORTANT EDIT: Guys! I'm so sorry! My mistake! I had my dates mixed up. Today, March 24, is actually the last day to vote, and you have till 11:59 at the end of today (that's just under 17 hours from the timestamp of this edit). Again, sorry for any confusion!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Kit' and Kahara like this.
  20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, the results are in for the voting on the Winter 2020 OC Challenge: Search Your Feelings! We have a two-way tie:

Sorrow by @Anedon
    and
    The First Order Veterinarian by @gizkaspice

[face_party] Congratulations to the winners and well done by all who took part! =D=

Now, traditionally, winners of challenges in this thread get to come up with the next challenge. You two are welcome to handle this however you like: you can come up with something together, or one person could, or in the past we've even had two simultaneous challenges running, one proposed by each winner. Whatever you would like to do, let me know via PM to this sock (by the end of next week would be great if at all possible). And I'm more than willing to help if you have any questions or want to float any ideas!

Thank you all for making these challenges great! =D=

divapilot, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 5 others like this.
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Wow, didn´t expect that at all. Thanks to everyone who vote and congratulations to @gizkaspice! :)
    Also I want to appologize, due to DRL being very busy for me currectly I didn´t get to look at most other stories in the competition, will try my best to get into it at the weekend when I get some time.

Kahara, gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations @};-

@Anedon gave us a touching, poignant read and @gizkaspice gave us [face_mischief] a much-needed [face_rofl] =D=

Kahara, gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Thanks everyone for submitting some great stories and those who voted! [:D] Completely unexpected, but super honored! I'm sure @Anedon and I will come up with an awesome new OC challenge and work this out.

24. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  25. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hello there, Ocedarians! :D

Spring has sprung with not one but TWO (2) new challenges from the two winners of our Winter 2020 challenge, @gizkaspice and @Anedon! I am pleased to present your TWO (2) Spring 2020 Challenges!

From gizkaspice:
    From Anedon:
    This time you may choose to write either challenge, or both, or combine the two within a single story! Any of these combinations counts for the challenge—though, just in the interest of making things clear, please specify at the beginning of your story which prompt(s) you will be following. :)

Once again, this challenge will run for eight (8) weeks, with stories due in by 11:59 pm on Monday, June 8. Voting will take place soon after, and once again, the winner(s) will get to choose our next challenge!

Index: Change of Allegiance Challenge
    The Choices We Make by Kit' (featuring Kithera and borrowed OCs)
    The Remaining Road by Mechalich (featuring OCs from the Rig Nema stories)
    Journeys into Darkness by TheRynJedi (featuring Sennah of Clan Itanno)

Index: Pets Challenge
    Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails by Kit’ (featuring Kit’ and the Family of Scoundrels)
    You Are Not a Pet, Sweetie by Sith-I-5 (NSW: multifandom, featuring Mary Formal and Nicole Gravely)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020