main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania | Discussion & Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My latest attempt at mush, featuring a gift Han got just for Leia:

Cloudshape Falls

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Quickly, before I go out to brave the snowstorm: my Monday Mush Mania offering: Just for Grandma. It is a West Wing fic, but you totally don't have to have seen the show or know the OCs to appreciate the mush.

3. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    Hello and happy Monday. As you'e probably noticed by now, today is the due date for MMM Challenge #7: Just for You.The challenge was to write a story inspired by the image in this post. We've already had a couple of great entries posted!

(And I apologize for not posting this reminder sooner. Today is the Youngling's last day of Christmas Break, so things are a bit hectic.)

4. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Hello and welcome to another Mushy Monday! I've updated the index with the entries from Challenge #7 and it's time to announce our next challenge:
    MMM Challenge #8: K.I.S.S.
    The acronym K.I.S.S. stands for "keep it short and simple", so that's what we're going to do.And since this thread is dedicated to all things mushy, we're also going to keep it literal. Your challenge is: write a story that prominently features a kiss in 1000 words or less. (No, I won't disqualify entries for having a few extra words, but please try to keep stories around that 1000 word mark)

As usual, the story doesn't have to be romantic in nature.

If you need some inspiration, check out these kissing tropes

And since we're keeping it short and simple, stories will be due in 4 weeks on Monday, February 10, to give us all a good dose of mush before Valentine's Day :*

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, I think I have an idea in mind that fits with this... kind of an image that's been in my head that I now have an excuse to put into prose form. :D ( :zeb: @};- )

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I reckon I can knock out a scenario in less than 1000 words.

Won't be mushy though.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I have something written up... now to wait until Monday [face_laugh] [face_love]

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Same here, same here! I don’t often get can’t-wait-to-post-itis, but when I do... :D

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I love this idea is much... unfortunately my muse is being very 'independent' at the moment so I don't think I'll be able to get anything out, but I did want to encourage the thread host for more fun challenges like this!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  12. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Hello and happy pre—Valentine’s Mushy Monday! It’s time to post the entries for our latest challenge:
    MMM Challenge #8: K.I.S.S.
    The acronym K.I.S.S. stands for "keep it short and simple", so that's what we're going to do.And since this thread is dedicated to all things mushy, we're also going to keep it literal. Your challenge is: write a story that prominently features a kiss in 1000 words or less.

We’ve already got a couple of fabulous entries, so keep the mush coming!

13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, great to see these coming in! :) Here is my contribution: A Private Place, with Zeb Orrelios and my OC Shulma Trilasha. :zeb: @};-

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh yay for this mushiest of Mondays! It's great to see so many fantastic entries posted already! [face_dancing] :D

I am pleased to share that my muse finally let me write something for this challenge, a little bit of Mandalorian fluff called A Second Breath. [face_love]

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My story for this isn't going to get finished in the next hour, and it turned out to not really be mushy at all. But it inspired my muse to write a Star Wars story after a loooong time from doing so, so yay! Sorry I won't have anything for the actual challenge. :(

17. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Happy Monday! Thanks to everyone who participated in the K.I.S.S. challenge; we had great turnout with five short, sweet and squee-worthy kiss stories. :* I've updated the index with them. If you haven't had the chance yet, check them out!

And now it's time for our next challenge:
    MMM Challenge #9: The Hunting of the Snark
    (based on a suggestion by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha)
    Write a story in which the characters share some snarky, good-natured banter.
    (Good-natured being key here; this is the mush challenge, after all!)

The challenge will be due in eight weeks, on Monday, April 20.

As always, if you have ideas for future challenges or discussions, please PM the sock or PM me dire

18. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Did someone say SNARK? OH god, so much potential! How will I ever decide on a storyline?

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    My entry for the Hunting of the Snark, featuring some good-natured banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin as they argue over directions in what I hope is a little bit of a twist on the idea of the old married couple arguing over directions. At least that concept was the inspiration for this hopefully amusing story.

Directionless

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  22. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    ummm, Happy Monday? It is, Monday, right? *checks calendar* Yes, Happy Monday!

So, what with everything going on, it completely slipped my mind that today is the due date for:
    MMM Challenge #9: The Hunting of the Snark
    Write a story in which the characters share some snarky, good-natured banter.
    I'm glad to see that @devilinthedetails and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha remembered! Hopefully others did, too. But if, like me, Darth Real Life has kept you from it, don't worry--you can always submit an entry on another Monday and it will be added to the index.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    This one (also part of medical adventures) is perfect for the MMM challenge

She is back

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh man, but the due date on this completely slipped my mind and I had such an idea for the prompt, too! :oops: Ah well, there's always next time! :D

But it was great to see the stories that were finished to make for another wonderfully Mushy Monday! Well done, all! It's always good to see this classic challenge still going strong. [face_love]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004