main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-wars-series-leslye-headland-disney-plus-1234587493/

2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm intrigued.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Very interesting.

I’d love for it to be a young Leia show, but my guess is something more Aphra-like.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It says it takes place in a different part of the time line from the other shows so I doubt it’s something like Leia or Aphra since those would be in the Imperial era. Pre-TPM would be really great.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Please be High Republic.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I've heard good thing about Russian Doll so that's encouraging. If it weren't for her ethnicity I could actually see Natasha Lyonne as a good Aphra.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    They've already said High Republic will only be books and comics.

9. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Plans may change. It doesn’t make sense to make a new era and never give it any screen time.

But if I’m wrong, it’s probably going to still be somewhere Pre-TPM, since I don’t think post ST is in their plans yet.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Will this show also have male leads as well. I am little worried this show might be sexist against men.

Don’t get me wrong I am not sexist towards women lead, I am just worried it’s more about sexism towards men.

I am worried that this show will repeat what terminator dark fate did even though it was a good movie.

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Lol.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Wonder who the lead will be? Ahsoka, Dr. Aphra, someone new entirely, hmm?

Haven't seen Russian Doll. But I'm always willing to see what new talent can do.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully it will be the thrilling history of moisture farming or moof milking.

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A snarky mature Ahsoka or Dr Aphra series?
    Sure. Something with a bit of bite.

The Fandom Menace dudes will get all in a lather. Which is fine.
    It'll be a series where every episode ends with "OMG, I can't believe they did that!". It'll get buzz.

Oh and give an episode of Russian Doll a look. It's... it's something.

Oh, and "moisture" is a euphemism, like "spice".

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... we're not riding this crazy carousel with you again. Having women in equal representation to... or even outnumbering... men is not the insidious agenda you constantly want us all to take up arms against. We've heard you do your Paul Revere "The wimminz are coming! The wimminz are coming!' warning enough that we are all thoroughly warned. This thread does not need this.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm wondering if it will deal with the Mandalorian Civil War prior to the Phantom Menace. Follow Satine and Bo, Death Watch; Obi Wan and Qui-Gon.

17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    You mean the plans that were developed over several years and just finalized about two months ago? Sure, plans can change at any moment but I'm personally not getting my hopes up for a High Republic series.

And it does make sense for them to not give High Republic screen time because it gives fans an exciting and new reason to pick up the books.

Mostly Handless and Riv_Shiel like this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, please and thank you.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ahsoka show please! :ahsoka:

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How about a ventrass as the main protagonist?

Jedi Knight Fett and GregMcP like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That could be cool.

Or maybe Beru Lars stepping up against all manner of local crime while we all thought she was a timid housewife to the Archie Bunker of Tattooine.

22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    She bought a nice farm near the end of the clone wars. So isn’t available for being a main protagonist. Unless said series is a prequel and set during the war or the years prior to it.

23. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    If I chant "Nightsisters show" enough times, can I will it into reality? Time to find out.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't care what it is, I'll take anything. This is good news that something else is in development. I'll take the Princess and the Frog blasting star destroyers for all I care. I thought we only were going to only have Cassian Andor and the Obi-Wan series. Hopefully in the near future we can get more information on other projects.

Demon4x4 and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    For all you care...??? This is now all I want. But only if Ray the Firefly is the gunner.