main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I love that all the clickbait youtubers out there are already taking the 'female-centric' and 'different timeline' part of the announcement and making videos titled 'DISNEY PLANNING TO REBOOT STAR WARS WITH SOLELY WOMEN!!!'

God, I hate the internet these days.

Personally, I have no problems with this (vague) report. It'll most likely have been lost in translation by the media anyway- if it's even true. More than likely the main character will be a woman (therefore it just HAS to be 'female-centric' right?) and it will be set between episode III-IV (the casual audience haven't seen much of this era aside from an animated series and a couple of yet to be released Dinsey+ shows therefore it's 'a brand-new era!')

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the character, I think Aphra would be a good choice to give a solo series to. Regardless we've already had a 'male-centric' show in the Mandalorian and getting two more in Cassian Ander and Obi Wan. A young Leia series isn't the end of the world.

wobbits likes this.
  2. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    This is a pretty vague report, but I’m all for it. I think it’s important to bring in diverse creative teams and see what they cook up. The more Star Wars, the better.

black_saber likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They've released two movies set between III and IV, so I'm pretty sure "brand new era" doesn't mean that.

DarthRosie and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah I’m pretty curious about the brand new era setting, maybe it’s an entirely new character as well.

5. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    All I want is something in a totally different time line, with different esthetics.

6. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I don't want the Dr. Aphra series rumours to be true because I don't really want a series that follows the adventures of a psycopath. As for the Ahsoka series rumours... count me in!

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    this is something new in new timeline. either before or after the skywalker saga. And fear not i hear DR Aphra might goo animated.:p

8. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Judging by their track record, the series will either not work or the writer will be fired before the show even begins to be filmed so I’ll put this on “meh”

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    what track record Only Solo and episode were firngs, i'm sure other studio has mutch of the same.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That sounds similar to the Star Trek: Lower Decks animated series under development for CBS All Access.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Beat me to it. I could see something like this on The Star Wars Show.

Seerow likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Remember in TLJ when there was that clip of time-lapsed stock footage of plants growing and such from an old school science video...?

The "brand new era" is going to be a trilogy of 3 hour films documenting the first days of the GFFA forming, narrated by David Attenborough. I am looking forward to spending at least an hour or two seeing the earliest tectonic activity as Mustafar was forming and learning how the water levels rose on Kamino.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    lol I love Attenborough, and I keep a backyard garden, so I would be all for something crazy like that.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "... and through the long and mysterious winding path of evolution, this moment is unique in that this highly developed Wampa will soon give birth to the galaxy's first Gigoran. Oh, how marvelous to be witnesses to such splendor..."

KSennia, Mostly Handless and starfish like this.
  15. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    After that interview she gave...

No thanks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What interview are you talking about?

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    the only interview i know off is the one got posted off her at the premiere off The Rise Of Skywalker.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    This thing?
    I don't see the problem.
    If you are upset about her not picking a favourite Star Wars movie... eh.
    If she doesn't want to pick a side, I can understand that.
    If she's an "I've only seen the Original ones" person, well, she's not the first writer/director to be that.
    If she's genuine with that comment, hey, cool.

.... is it because she calls KK "Queen"? I can see that triggering some...
    (Edit. removed the "Bee". I think my brain added that in)

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Good we need more people who call KK that, makes sure she stays, lol. I see alot of neckbeards on youtube screaming female agenda. But this is the future and it's all thanks to KK, Jon and Filnoni.

20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    She seems cool. That’s close to how I feel about Star Wars. My favorite character is the galaxy itself and all the possibilities it presents.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't get why people keep talking about Ahsoka or the High Republic; I think some posters are missing the details because they are too spaced out from sitting in front of the computer with a bong and creating a "High Republic" of their own. The article clearly says it will not be in the same timeline of other shows.

This is a cool development. Given the details so far, I am quite intrigued. Plus it will make all the knuckle dragging, buck-toothed Trumpers mad, which is always entertaining. They always get all butthurt about diversity, which speaks volumes.

22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am intrigued but isn't Hollywood and TV Studios basically closed right now because of COVID19 quarantine? I wonder why a rumor like this now?

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s in the very early planning stages. They can still write from home and do a limited amount of other pre-production work.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I understand what your saying about Pre Production can be an at home virtual thing and your probably correct. I think though you still have to do things in pre production that requires meeting several people I doubt much is going on in Hollywood. James Gun just tweeted tonight he misses his Guardians family and I believe Guardians 3 is in pre production and nothing is happening with that film ergo I would think the same is also true for other Disney Divisions...

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am sure they are getting creative with teleconferences and such, and are doing all of the work they can; big rich companies can find ways to make it happen.. Meeting with a bunch of people doesn't really require you to be in person unless it involves rehearsals, shooting scenes, etc. They may well be hard at work already on this, or have plans to be. It does really suck though that this stuff is getting delayed and we really don't know when it will be able to start up; hopefully sooner than later.