main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah waiting was definitely the right call (not that I was going to do the stock pot idea :p ). It was after midnight before I got in and I managed to keep it at a soothing temperature and got it to a workable depth. But it was definitely noticeable the hot water was limited so I didn't want to push it just incase someone else needed it. And now I know the later I can push it, the better. But hopefully I won't have to take too many midnight baths before this is over.

But now I feel so much better so I am going to try to sleep now.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    [mention]Briannakin [/mention] it is a free standing tub (just a tub) or a shower/tub combo? At my parents they had a shower/tub combo and I found turning the hot water on as far as it could go and reclining on the back of the tub so the hot water could hit my abdomen rather relaxing and relieved the pain that comes with Aunt Flo.

The down side is that laying/reclining in the tub the hot water was just the right temperature but if you stood up the water was too hot so I had to crawl to the faucet to alter the temperature if I wanted to stand up and I have no idea how mobile you could be if faced with a similar problem.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’ve done the kettle thing before with success, but it’s a lot of work.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    :eek: I'd never heard of that method! I'm going to give it a try tonight!!! :D
    Sorry you're still having hot water issues! :(

And yeah, having worked in a burn unit for 4 years, I don't want anyone moving a giant pot full of boiling/very hot water around! I saw many, many water based burns that were very bad.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A long weekend with on monday Kingsday (Koningsdag) that became (woningsdag) stay at home day. No festivities like trunk-sales , only the on-line thing, no parades, medals and music

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So, I think I did a number of my sleep schedule. I wasn't feeling well last night and I was kinda feeling a migraine coming on at like 9. I was just kinda like "nope not dealing with this" because 1 - I didn't have to and 2 - because of the construction going on like almost right outside my window, I'm getting loud rumbling and my place randomly vibrates at odd hours, and I wasn't dealing with that and a migraine. So I drugged myself up and I was asleep by 10. Good news is I avoided a migraine. However I ended up waking up at 3:00 wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep but was unsuccessful, so I figured why not have a hot bath (we are still having hot water issues). Anyway so it was like 5 before I crawled back into bed and ended up sleeping till 11. And now I mentally want to be productive (I've got laundry to put away and sewing I wanna do), but my body is just like nope, I wanna be a slug.

Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Continuing this here since I feel like I have more stupid things to say and don't want to take over The Fanfiction Interview Thread just because of that:
    Possibly, but I can see them doing it if they think the intellectuals could not be saved. Better that they are eaten and their knowledge saved than that they just die and it's lost.

But then again, maybe the Chapter used to that but than some of them ate some intellectuals that was tainted to save their knowledge and in time those battle-brothers became tainted themselves and went renegade or had to be put down. Leading to the Chapter Master / Council declaring that the use of the omophagea is only allowed by specially trained battle-brothers and under dire circumstances - this in turn could lead to the chapter taking many extra risks to save intellectuals since they can't use the omophagea to save their knowledge. [face_thinking]

Now this is your chapter idea and you can completely ignore anything I say, I just like to explain how I was thinking that it could happen.

B.t.w., remember that Homebrew Chapter Concept List I linked to and posted #251 - #300? Here are 40 more, thanks for the idea to #301
    301. A Chapter that try to spare/save artists, philosophers and scientists and/or their creations on the worlds they bring back into compliance.

302. A Chapter where many battle-brothers have suddenly developed psychic powers during stressful situations. Probably not as many as one in ten but enough for there to be a notable pattern.

303. A Chapter that, when they can get away with it, scavenge the arms, armour and other equipment of fallen allied Space Marines for their own use. Maybe they even scavenge from fallen Renegade/Chaos Space Marines if their equipment doesn’t have any notable taint.

304. A Chapter that recently lost their homeworld.

305. A Chapter that consider serving within the Deathwatch as one of the steeps needed of a battle-brother to join the 1:th Company.

306. A Chapter that try to take/destroy any evidence that could name them when removing themselves from a conflict.

307. The Chapter’s battle-brothers only communicate with outsiders using High Gothic.

308. Many of the Chapter’s battle-brothers suffer from a drive to martyrdom; this can cause them to take unnecessary risks, lamenting that they can only sacrifice themselves once.

309. A chapter that works closely with the Ordo Malleus

310. A chapter that works closely with the Ordo Hereticus

311. A chapter that has, knowingly or not, made enemies of one of the =][= Radical sub-factions.

312. A chapter that has, knowingly or not, made enemies of one of the =][= Puritan sub-factions.

313. A chapter that has, knowingly or not, made enemies of one of the Officio Assassinorum’s Temples.

314. A chapter that works closely with one of the Officio Assassinorum’s Temples.

315. A Chapter that see no problem using weapons and technology of a specific xeno-species.

316. A Chapter whose battle-brothers suffer from some kind of psychological or emotional flaw (short temper, berserk tendencies, sadism, or similar) that they feel shame over and try to keep it under cheek by meditations, mental trainings, and/or similar.

317. A Chapter that practise cannibalistic rituals of their own dead in such manner that they might be declared renegade if they was witnessed by outsiders.

318. A Chapter that don’t replace their damages with cybernetics if it’s possible for the damage area to heal or be replaced with bionics.

319. A chapter that works closely with the Officio Medicae.

320. A chapter that works closely with the Officio Agricultae.

321. A chapter that works closely with the Praeses Mercatura.

322. A chapter that has an 11th company, made up by battle-brothers that in some way have brought great dishonour to the chapter and/or themselves (f.ex. given in to chapter-curse or some gene-seed failing; failed with an important mission; shown behaviour shameful by the chapter’s standards; etcetera).

323. A chapter that works closely with the Logis Strategos.

324. A chapter that works closely with the Departmento Exacta.

325. A chapter that works closely with the Templars Psykologis.

326. A chapter that works closely with the Synopticon.

327. A chapter that works closely with the Sisters of Silence.

328. A chapter that works closely with the Basilikon Astra.

329. A chapter that works closely with the Divisio Linguistica.

330. A chapter that works closely with the Ordo Reductor.

331. A chapter that works closely with the Explorators.

332. A chapter that works closely with the Missionarus Galaxia.

333. A Chapter that don’t put neophytes in their own company, instead they are seconded to Chapter veterans to act as their squires.

334. A Chapter that don’t have any Chapter-serfs. All the tasks usually done by serfs are probably done by servitors and/or the battle-brothers themselves.

335. A Chapter that’s followed by Reclaimators thralls, that helps bringing back the Chapter’s equipment from conflict areas and collect anything that could be of use for their masters – the later possibly without caring if there is a current owner.

336. A Chapter that actively hunt void-beasts that can threaten Imperial ships (like void-kraken).

337. A chapter that never sends a force larger than a company to a conflict zone.

338. A Chapter that has high amount of arco-tech.

339. A Chapter that’s friendly and respectful to any fellow chapter they meet.

340. A chapter that never sends a force larger than a squad to a conflict zone.

If you are interested in talking TS successor chapter concepts some more, either your already established idea or maybe new ones, would I gladly discuss some more.:D

That's a possibility, it was mentioned that the TS often used the Omophagea in ritualistic ways, but I think they need to eat them fast or the memories quickly degenerate.

That's a theory I have not heard before, its an interesting idea. Even if I myself think its a question about nature vs. nurture - the Mortifactors recruit from a Night World populated by feral cannibals, over 10 millennia have their culture and way of thinking seeped into the Mortifactors and pouched away much of the original Ultramarine Legion culture (but they are still good at paperwork and accounting). Just like with the Emperor's Spears.

On that nature vs. nurture thing regarding the Space Marines so is a fun (to me) idea I had the "Sons of Remus/Romulus", a Space Wolves successor chapter that is based on the legend of Rom's founders being raised by a she-wolf, so they have the wolves part but nothing of the space-barbarians part. The SW would have some problem accepting them as kin I think.

True that.

No, I looked it up and he was a bit older than I originally thought.

At least in White Dwarf #230 (February 1999) was he described as being once of the Emperor's Children but now selling his service to all Legions, with no mention of Slanesh, either in his description or rules. He is described as a master alchemist and genetic manipulator that has worked his trade on every planet he has landed on, he is experimenting on himself as much as on other, it's his knowledge that can be used to create new marines that he mostly sells and he can have a bodyguard of enhanced Space Marines. However, they don't give a reason for why he do it, so my mistake. But they do mention that he has an "abiding interest in pain", when describing his Rod of Torment.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Sure will admit tough the omophaegea is just my least favourite aspects of Space Mariens, so I would try to keep it out, especially for a legion inspired by the Thousand Son´s stock.

Sure, tough not sure where we could post things like that.

Actually had a chapter called the Son´s of Remus in my very first fanfic which I refuse to speak about. That said I generally feel the legions and their primarchs are more nature rather than nature, its just chaos loving irony that got them brought to worlds that, at least in some cases, enhanced their abilities. But I just don´t see say Angron on any other world becoming a scolar, sure he might not be as violent without the nails but would likley be a warrior regardless.

That´s what I meant, he was just a complete sadist n earlier versions of the lore. There are even purists who really don´t like the new Fabius because he has more depths than the original.

Also had a pretty exsausting week at work but could thankfully work out somewhat better work times with my superiors, getting rid of some of the longer shifts or switching them for ones in better times. Glad I was able to do that and now don´t have as much stress.

AzureAngel2 and Gamiel like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    good to hear

AzureAngel2 and Anedon like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Even a German TV news host said, what a wonderful language Dutch is because King rhymes with flat. :D

Well, we send you another card, dear bird, because bevrijdingsdag is up. The day the Allied Forces freed you from the mean Germans.

(Actually, it was never my favourite day when I was living in your country for 6 years as you know. Because a German teaching German at Dutch schools was never made welcome by the students, the colleagues, the parents of the kids or even the head masters. But because of all the fuzz and discrimination going on for 6 years, I was very glad for my Dutch partner, his family, his friends, our neighbours & your friendship. @};-)

Well, it was a more or less calm weekend with@DarthUncle, including going to the theatre online and giving the artist a financial contribution for her wonderful show, doing another exit game (actually the 11th game that we played until now), getting my new printer installed, baking a cake, watching TROS on blue ray and being online a lot.

I am very anxious about going to work tomorrow. More kindergarten kids than before. And I dread going via public transport, but the bike is beyond repair and I would not make it. The way is too dangerous to drive.

Oh well, my husband is always positive and says I will not get ill & infect him.

I have just 3 days at work and then I can disappear into home office again.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anybody else here watching old Colombo episodes? If people can see them can I recommend them, they are well crafted detective mysteries where we, the audience, know who did it and how and the fun comes from watching inspector Colombo slowly making the killer reveal himself by asking seemingly stupid questions and/or dropping small pieces of information that makes the killer try to fix possible mistakes.

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I haven't watched Colombo, but I have been watching MASH recently - I bought the entire series and I'm on season 2. I finished the Office and just wanted something in that same "entertaining enough to sit down and watch, but also doesn't require 100% of my attention so I can have it on in the background while I sew/write/build lego/bake" vein. And MASH just fits that. I've also been wanting to do a West Wing re-watch to finish up the podcast and because I haven't seen some of the early seasons in forever. I might take a break half way through MASH to do that.

How's everyone's "weekend" been? I've actually been kinda sick. My chest, ribs, back, and neck have all been so achy for the past few days. I'm pretty sure it's just stress and anxiety combined with poor posture while I do nothing but sew and build lego. I try to go for walks and get outside but some days the motivation just isn't there. Hopefully this week will be better.

I also ordered sushi for dinner tonight. I haven't eaten take-out since I ordered pizza a few weeks ago and I'm super excited!

Lady_Misty, Kit' and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I wrapped up final exams on Thursday and I'm now just waiting on grades. Meanwhile, I'm relaxing this weekend while I prepare to start my internship tomorrow morning.

mavjade , AzureAngel2 and Kit' like this.
  14. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I love both MASH and Columbo. In fact any murder mystery series that doesn’t take itself to seriously (I’m looking at you Nordic Noir) is great. I love MASH because it was the show that I watched with my Dad and because of Hawkeye and BJ and Charles. I love the later seasons much more than the earlier ones and managed to cite it in an essay on high school which I’m still proud of 20+ years later. For a long time my oldest called it Doot Doot because we’d sing along with the intro music.

Long weekend in parts of Australia for May Day. Not doing much of anything really but enjoying the sunshine on our back deck and watching the juvenile magpies and the baby scrub turkey that’s been dubbed “Chubb Chubb”. All baby animals are cute except for scrub turkey babies - they are ugly from the moment they break out of the shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    [mention]Gamiel [/mention] My Dad introduced us to Columbo when I was a teen (though we did have one episode that someone had recorded off tv) and I became intrigued by Columbo and how he managed to outfox the murderers by acting like a bumbling idiot, wearing that rumpled rain coat, driving a piece of junk, sometimes accompanied by a Basset Hound, and going on seemingly random tangents about his wife, siblings, in-laws, aunts, uncles and cousins.

I used Columbo as the basis for a show in my AUs. It stars a pretty female Twi-lek who comes off as bumbling/absent minded at best and a bimbo (empty headed) at the worst.

Fun facts: ‘Columbo’ means ‘dove keeper’ in Italian and the late Peter Falk played the titular character and oddly enough ‘Falk’ is German (rooted in a Germanic language) for ‘hawk/falcon’.

The guy comes off as harmless as a dove but is actually a sharp eyed, dangerous bird of prey; ready to swoop in and capture you with talons of steel.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah. I don't mind the earlier seasons and the initial cast, but I'm definitely more partial to the mid and later seasons because of BJ, Charles, and Potter. Their dynamic and characteristics with Hawkeye were just so much more.

Also that's just adorable!
    Congratulations on being done!

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    jcgoble3 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure I did watch Columbo on DVD. My dad was nicknamed Columbo. Once during a visit to York (England) some kids called my father Columbo because of his raincoat.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't think I've ever watched Columbo, but I do love MASH which is one of those shows that has held up so well! Sometimes you go back and watch older shows and they just are cringy. I accidentally watched an episode of the Andy Griffith Show a few months ago (funny enough it came on after MASH and I just didn't change the channel). I know it's a product of it's time and we can't really judge things based on today's standards, but man, the way Andy treated his secretary... [face_talk_hand]

I've recently started watching The Expanse and I'm obsessed, like full on binge watching. We started it a week and a half or two weeks ago and just started Season 4 (dp had seen through season 3 and has read all of the books). I also started the first book after we watched the first season, but that's a bit slower going. It's one of those shows that you really don't like anyone to start with, but pretty quickly fall in love with the characters.

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    It's that time again...

:hera: May the 4th be with you! :r2:

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The 4th was very special remembrance day with an almost empty Damrak with the king giving a speech.
    Now it's the 5th: Liberation day

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    So I saw a video of Canadian Police arresting a stormtrooper Cosplayer on May 4th because she had a blaster. She was injured because the police slammed her down on the ground because she didn't quickly get down onto her knees. All the while she is crying and telling the police, "The costume doesn't allow me to bend down and get on the ground".

Meanwhile in Michigan armed protesters storm the State Capital with real semi-automatic weapons...which is completely legal in Michigan. Who knew?

The world has gone mad.

https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2020/...lps-arrests-employee-in-stormtrooper-costume/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ests-coronavirus-lockdown-armed-capitol#img-1

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So, not to defend the police or anything because police brutality- even in Canada - is a thing. But three weeks ago Canada had the worst mass shootings/arson case in Canadian history. Basically it turned into a huge man-hunt because the perpetrator had a replica police car and uniform. And as a result, all military grade weapons were banned in Canada as of May 1st. Needless to say, perhaps cosplaying with a large weapon wasn't the best idea right now (particularly in Alberta, which is kinda like the Texas of Canada). But that's just my opinion.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    @Briannakin Yes, that makes it much more understandable. I heard about a shooting but didn't know any details.

I still don't understand why it is okay to bring a semi-automatic weapon into the Michigan State Capital. I know when I go into our local courthouse I can't bring in a gun or knife. Things are getting crazy around here. A day ago a Michigan store security guard was shot because he told a customer to wear a face mask.

Emotions are high at work and people are starting to get on each other's nerves. I can't wait until things get back to normal. If they ever get back to normal.

24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Wut? Armed protesters stormed the Michigan state capitol? Things be getting crazy up in there! Glad I moved to Arkansas, where it seems like folks are a whole heck of a lot more chill. And the weather is less cold in the cold months, which is also good.

If I may, if like to return to the happier subject of old TV shows. I saw a van today that reminded me of a show I haven't seen in a while and would like to watch again. To the owners of said van: The A-Team called. B. A. wants his van back.

Have any of y'all ever watched The A-Team, and if you have, what did you think?

25. SithLordJimothy

SithLordJimothy Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2019
    i am jimothy

crumb